View Poll Results: Should we boycott those tv series with evil manchurian prince?

Voters
9. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES!!!

    1 11.11%
  • No...

    8 88.89%
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
Results 121 to 140 of 163

Thread: Should We Boycott some TV series?

  1. #121
    Moderator kidd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Somewhere Out There
    Posts
    13,110

    Default

    Ok guys,

    Some of you are bordering on personal attack. There's no need to ridicule IPlayWow by making all kinds of assumption on his personal life (e.g. him losing his marbles over a girl he likes giving herself to a Manchu boy).
    Last edited by kidd; 08-04-11 at 10:39 PM.
    什麼是朋友?朋友永遠是在你犯下不可原諒錯誤的時候,仍舊站在你那邊的笨蛋。~ 王亞瑟

    和諧唔係一百個人講同一番話,係一百個人有一百句唔同嘅說話,而又互相尊重 ~ - 葉梓恩

  2. #122
    Senior Member PJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Posts
    18,381

    Default

    In the absence of goodrick, Protector of Foreigners' Decency, let me deliver to you what he would have said:

    How dare you call Manchurians rapists.

    You ought to be ashamed of yourself.
    忽见柳荫下两个小孩子在哀哀痛哭,瞧模样正是武敦儒、武修文兄弟。郭芙大声叫道:「喂,你们在干甚麽?」武 修文回头见是郭芙,哭道:「我们在哭,你不见麽?」

  3. #123
    Senior Member junny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    With Max
    Posts
    2,882

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kidd View Post
    Ok guys,

    Some of you are bordering on personal attack. There's no need to ridicule IPlayWow by making all kinds of assumption on his personal life (e.g. him losing his marbles over a girl he likes giving herself to a Manchu boy).
    Take a chill pill... or several. Do you good.
    玉木宏

    blog

  4. #124
    Senior Member Ren Ying Ying's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    hell in the middle of nowhere
    Posts
    3,240

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PJ View Post
    In the absence of goodrick, Protector of Foreigners' Decency, let me deliver to you what he would have said:

    How dare you call Manchurians rapists.

    You ought to be ashamed of yourself.
    Those barbarians. Off with their head!

  5. #125
    Senior Member PJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Posts
    18,381

    Default

    Yeah kidd, chill out. Junny is no longer a mod for a reason. Now he/she can do and say whatever he/she wants, such as ridiculing forum members for fun.
    忽见柳荫下两个小孩子在哀哀痛哭,瞧模样正是武敦儒、武修文兄弟。郭芙大声叫道:「喂,你们在干甚麽?」武 修文回头见是郭芙,哭道:「我们在哭,你不见麽?」

  6. #126
    Senior Member IPlayWow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    557

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ren Ying Ying View Post
    Those barbarians. Off with their head!


    Ren Ying Ying here just point out a good point. The manchurian were a barbaric group of people.

    So han triad people or former heaven and earth people...I'm pretty sure are more civilize than the barbaric manchurian.

    So I think the han tirad words would probably be more believeable than historian words that say good thing about a group of barabrian people.

  7. #127
    Senior Member cutzie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    210

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by IPlayWow View Post
    Ren Ying Ying here just point out a good point. The manchurian were a barbaric group of people.

    So han triad people or former heaven and earth people...I'm pretty sure are more civilize than the barbaric manchurian.

    So I think the han tirad words would probably be more believeable than historian words that say good thing about a group of barabrian people.
    So now you're insulting a whole race instead of just the princes? Congratulations, you are now officially racist. Btw, I'm pretty sure that Ren Ying Ying was being sarcastic.
    Bu Bu Jing Xin English Fantranslation: http://bubujingxinenglish.blogspot.com/

  8. #128
    Senior Member Guo Xiang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    The bubblehead
    Posts
    8,571

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by IPlayWow View Post
    Ren Ying Ying here just point out a good point. The manchurian were a barbaric group of people.

    So han triad people or former heaven and earth people...I'm pretty sure are more civilize than the barbaric manchurian.

    So I think the han tirad words would probably be more believeable than historian words that say good thing about a group of barabrian people.
    For your reasons alone, this topic should never be in Open Debate in the first place because it doesn't seem like it's set up for debate.

    This is about what you want to believe in, instead of what can be believed. Even if there are vids showing you otherwise, you would never have accepted it because that is simply not what you wanted to believe about the Manchurians.

    All words are wasted here.
    Join us at The Mandate RPG!
    Join the Discussion thread for The Mandate RPG!
    Quote Originally Posted by athlee View Post
    DZC - "Your wife and I, we are old friends."

  9. #129
    Senior Member remember_Cedric's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    right here, right now
    Posts
    3,541

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kidd View Post
    Ok guys,

    Some of you are bordering on personal attack. There's no need to ridicule IPlayWow by making all kinds of assumption on his personal life (e.g. him losing his marbles over a girl he likes giving herself to a Manchu boy).
    To be fair, we shouldn't forget the "may God have mercy on you for posting such a sinful signature." - which was repeated twice. I actually perceived that 'losing marbles' comment a harmlessly humorous post despite in a mocking mode. It is harmless, while being candid and jovial.

    Lighten up, folks! Don't restrict your sense of humor!
    Last edited by remember_Cedric; 08-05-11 at 02:01 AM.
    What can I say? I'm still standing! No weapon against me shall prosper! I am more than a conqueror!!!

    I don't care to sit by the window on an airplane. If I can't control it, why look?

  10. #130
    Senior Member remember_Cedric's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    right here, right now
    Posts
    3,541

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ren Ying Ying View Post
    Those barbarians. Off with their head!
    Yingying, I always love that line from the Red Queen... I hope she's not related to the Manchu - errr, is she?

    Quote Originally Posted by IPlayWow View Post
    Ren Ying Ying here just point out a good point. The manchurian were a barbaric group of people.

    So han triad people or former heaven and earth people...I'm pretty sure are more civilize than the barbaric manchurian.

    So I think the han tirad words would probably be more believeable than historian words that say good thing about a group of barabrian people.
    Uh, you can't be serious... @[email protected]

    History means, past happenings - and it's there for a VERY GOOD reason - because it existed.

    Now, whatever you're suggesting us to do, is not for a cause of a spiritual, supernatural or divine event (such as religion) which cannot be proven with evidence. Worse, you have shown no leads (to evidences) except for words from some blabbering mouths.

    We're only led to a head-scratching, jaw-dropping, eyebrow-rising and laughter-triggering moment... and nothing else - given that, no one is able to nod in agreement with you.

    Quote Originally Posted by cutzie View Post
    So now you're insulting a whole race instead of just the princes? Congratulations, you are now officially racist. Btw, I'm pretty sure that Ren Ying Ying was being sarcastic.
    I think he is pulling our legs - for taking a candid remark of RYY for real.
    Last edited by remember_Cedric; 08-05-11 at 02:37 AM.
    What can I say? I'm still standing! No weapon against me shall prosper! I am more than a conqueror!!!

    I don't care to sit by the window on an airplane. If I can't control it, why look?

  11. #131
    Senior Member cutzie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    210

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by remember_Cedric View Post
    I think he is pulling our legs - for taking a candid remark of RYY for real.
    I certainly hope so but you really can't tell with him anymore.

    Quote Originally Posted by remember_Cedric View Post
    To be fair, we shouldn't forget the "may God have mercy on you for posting such a sinful signature." - which was repeated twice. I actually perceived that 'losing marbles' comment a harmlessly humorous post despite in a mocking mode. It is harmless, while being candid and jovial.

    Lighten up, folks! Don't restrict your sense of humor!
    I've also been called a supporter of evil All in all though, junny's comments actually makes me laugh a bit in this whole realm of frustrations. Besides, everyone knows he's not being serious.
    Bu Bu Jing Xin English Fantranslation: http://bubujingxinenglish.blogspot.com/

  12. #132
    Senior Member junny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    With Max
    Posts
    2,882

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PJ View Post
    Yeah kidd, chill out. Junny is no longer a mod for a reason. Now he/she can do and say whatever he/she wants, such as ridiculing forum members for fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by cutzie View Post
    I've also been called a supporter of evil All in all though, junny's comments actually makes me laugh a bit in this whole realm of frustrations. Besides, everyone knows he's not being serious.
    She. Thank you kindly
    玉木宏

    blog

  13. #133
    Senior Member remember_Cedric's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    right here, right now
    Posts
    3,541

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cutzie View Post
    I certainly hope so but you really can't tell with him anymore.

    I've also been called a supporter of evil All in all though, junny's comments actually makes me laugh a bit in this whole realm of frustrations. Besides, everyone knows he's not being serious.
    I thought junny's posts are all witty and intelligently funny. I had a good laugh as I read them
    What can I say? I'm still standing! No weapon against me shall prosper! I am more than a conqueror!!!

    I don't care to sit by the window on an airplane. If I can't control it, why look?

  14. #134
    Senior Member IPlayWow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    557

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cutzie View Post
    So now you're insulting a whole race instead of just the princes? Congratulations, you are now officially racist. Btw, I'm pretty sure that Ren Ying Ying was being sarcastic.


    Being racist mean you hate a race of people. please get your definition straight. I don't hate the manchurian. I only want justice from the evil doer manchurian prince.

    Me saying the manchurian was a barabaric group of people is because they were to my knowledge from what I learn from someone else...So I really didn't insult them like you said up there in your post. I'm just saying according to what I learn from history that someone else put in book or in words from their mouth to my ear.

    So no idea how that make me a racist....

    I can't tell if Ren Ying Ying is being sarcastic or not because Im not a mind reader. You think you can read people mind?

  15. #135
    Senior Member Guo Xiang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    The bubblehead
    Posts
    8,571

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by IPlayWow View Post

    I can't tell if Ren Ying Ying is being sarcastic or not because Im not a mind reader. You think you can read people mind?
    Usually people are able to tell not because they are mind-readers, but because of the style and tone she's writing in. Similarly, you don't have to know rocket science to be intelligent.
    Join us at The Mandate RPG!
    Join the Discussion thread for The Mandate RPG!
    Quote Originally Posted by athlee View Post
    DZC - "Your wife and I, we are old friends."

  16. #136
    Senior Member IPlayWow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    557

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cutzie View Post
    I certainly hope so but you really can't tell with him anymore.



    I've also been called a supporter of evil All in all though, junny's comments actually makes me laugh a bit in this whole realm of frustrations. Besides, everyone knows he's not being serious.


    You said everyone knows that he's not being serious....? How can you say everyone knows? are you a mind reader?

  17. #137
    Senior Member remember_Cedric's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    right here, right now
    Posts
    3,541

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by IPlayWow View Post
    You said everyone knows that he's not being serious....? How can you say everyone knows? are you a mind reader?
    No, we're obviously not mind readers..... but we have this sort of antenna planted in our heads so that we could read one another by way of digital signals. You know, like Tellytubbies?? LOL
    What can I say? I'm still standing! No weapon against me shall prosper! I am more than a conqueror!!!

    I don't care to sit by the window on an airplane. If I can't control it, why look?

  18. #138
    Senior Member IPlayWow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    557

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by remember_Cedric View Post
    No, we're obviously not mind readers..... but we have this sort of antenna planted in our heads so that we could read one another by way of digital signals. You know, like Tellytubbies?? LOL


    Maybe you think it's funny but I don't.... and who is we? I was only asking cutzie...

  19. #139
    Senior Member Guo Xiang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    The bubblehead
    Posts
    8,571

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by IPlayWow View Post
    Maybe you think it's funny but I don't.... and who is we? I was only asking cutzie...
    I believe I've answered the question satisfactorily. Why have you completely disregarded it while pressing on Cutzie?
    Join us at The Mandate RPG!
    Join the Discussion thread for The Mandate RPG!
    Quote Originally Posted by athlee View Post
    DZC - "Your wife and I, we are old friends."

  20. #140
    Senior Member IPlayWow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    557

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Guo Xiang View Post
    I believe I've answered the question satisfactorily. Why have you completely disregarded it while pressing on Cutzie?

    I was only replying to cutzie and asking cutzie...

Similar Threads

  1. Do China series ever do modern series?
    By Zhong in forum Mainland China TV Series
    Replies: 37
    Last Post: 02-23-09, 07:53 PM
  2. Chinese classical series vs. Korean classical series
    By L4love in forum Global Series Discussion
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 02-07-07, 12:04 PM
  3. Your Favorite Series of Series
    By Lady Zhuge in forum TVB Series
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: 05-31-06, 04:20 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •