View Poll Results: Should we boycott those tv series with evil manchurian prince?

Voters
9. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES!!!

1 11.11%
  • No...

8 88.89%
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Should We Boycott some TV series?

Ok guys,

Some of you are bordering on personal attack. There's no need to ridicule IPlayWow by making all kinds of assumption on his personal life (e.g. him losing his marbles over a girl he likes giving herself to a Manchu boy).
    Last edited by kidd; 08-04-11 at 10:39 PM.
    什麼是朋友?朋友永遠是在你犯下不可原諒錯誤的時候,仍舊站在你那邊的笨蛋。~ 王亞瑟

和諧唔係一百個人講同一番話,係一百個人有一百句唔同嘅說話,而又互相尊重 ~ - 葉梓恩

In the absence of goodrick, Protector of Foreigners' Decency, let me deliver to you what he would have said:

How dare you call Manchurians rapists.

You ought to be ashamed of yourself.
    忽见柳荫下两个小孩子在哀哀痛哭,瞧模样正是武敦儒、武修文兄弟。郭芙大声叫道:「喂,你们在干甚麽?」武 修文回头见是郭芙,哭道:「我们在哭,你不见麽?」

Quote Originally Posted by kidd View Post
    Ok guys,

Some of you are bordering on personal attack. There's no need to ridicule IPlayWow by making all kinds of assumption on his personal life (e.g. him losing his marbles over a girl he likes giving herself to a Manchu boy).
    Take a chill pill... or several. Do you good.
    玉木宏

blog

Quote Originally Posted by PJ View Post
    In the absence of goodrick, Protector of Foreigners' Decency, let me deliver to you what he would have said:

How dare you call Manchurians rapists.

You ought to be ashamed of yourself.
    Those barbarians. Off with their head!

Yeah kidd, chill out. Junny is no longer a mod for a reason. Now he/she can do and say whatever he/she wants, such as ridiculing forum members for fun.
    忽见柳荫下两个小孩子在哀哀痛哭,瞧模样正是武敦儒、武修文兄弟。郭芙大声叫道:「喂,你们在干甚麽?」武 修文回头见是郭芙,哭道:「我们在哭,你不见麽?」

Quote Originally Posted by Ren Ying Ying View Post

Ren Ying Ying here just point out a good point. The manchurian were a barbaric group of people.

So han triad people or former heaven and earth people...I'm pretty sure are more civilize than the barbaric manchurian.

So I think the han tirad words would probably be more believeable than historian words that say good thing about a group of barabrian people.

Quote Originally Posted by IPlayWow View Post
    Ren Ying Ying here just point out a good point. The manchurian were a barbaric group of people.

So han triad people or former heaven and earth people...I'm pretty sure are more civilize than the barbaric manchurian.

So I think the han tirad words would probably be more believeable than historian words that say good thing about a group of barabrian people.
    So now you're insulting a whole race instead of just the princes? Congratulations, you are now officially racist. Btw, I'm pretty sure that Ren Ying Ying was being sarcastic.
    Bu Bu Jing Xin English Fantranslation: http://bubujingxinenglish.blogspot.com/

For your reasons alone, this topic should never be in Open Debate in the first place because it doesn't seem like it's set up for debate.

This is about what you want to believe in, instead of what can be believed. Even if there are vids showing you otherwise, you would never have accepted it because that is simply not what you wanted to believe about the Manchurians.

All words are wasted here.
    Join us at The Mandate RPG!
    Join the Discussion thread for The Mandate RPG!
    Quote Originally Posted by athlee View Post
    DZC - "Your wife and I, we are old friends."

Quote Originally Posted by kidd View Post
    Ok guys,

To be fair, we shouldn't forget the "may God have mercy on you for posting such a sinful signature." - which was repeated twice. I actually perceived that 'losing marbles' comment a harmlessly humorous post despite in a mocking mode. It is harmless, while being candid and jovial.

Lighten up, folks! Don't restrict your sense of humor!
    Last edited by remember_Cedric; 08-05-11 at 02:01 AM.
    What can I say? I'm still standing! No weapon against me shall prosper! I am more than a conqueror!!!

I don't care to sit by the window on an airplane. If I can't control it, why look?

Quote Originally Posted by Ren Ying Ying View Post
    Yingying, I always love that line from the Red Queen... I hope she's not related to the Manchu - errr, is she?

Uh, you can't be serious... @_@

History means, past happenings - and it's there for a VERY GOOD reason - because it existed.

Now, whatever you're suggesting us to do, is not for a cause of a spiritual, supernatural or divine event (such as religion) which cannot be proven with evidence. Worse, you have shown no leads (to evidences) except for words from some blabbering mouths.

We're only led to a head-scratching, jaw-dropping, eyebrow-rising and laughter-triggering moment... and nothing else - given that, no one is able to nod in agreement with you.

Quote Originally Posted by cutzie View Post
    So now you're insulting a whole race instead of just the princes? Congratulations, you are now officially racist. Btw, I'm pretty sure that Ren Ying Ying was being sarcastic.
    I think he is pulling our legs - for taking a candid remark of RYY for real.
    Last edited by remember_Cedric; 08-05-11 at 02:37 AM.
    What can I say? I'm still standing! No weapon against me shall prosper! I am more than a conqueror!!!

I don't care to sit by the window on an airplane. If I can't control it, why look?

Quote Originally Posted by remember_Cedric View Post
    I think he is pulling our legs - for taking a candid remark of RYY for real.
    I certainly hope so but you really can't tell with him anymore.

To be fair, we shouldn't forget the "may God have mercy on you for posting such a sinful signature." - which was repeated twice. I actually perceived that 'losing marbles' comment a harmlessly humorous post despite in a mocking mode. It is harmless, while being candid and jovial.

Lighten up, folks! Don't restrict your sense of humor!
    I've also been called a supporter of evil All in all though, junny's comments actually makes me laugh a bit in this whole realm of frustrations. Besides, everyone knows he's not being serious.
    Bu Bu Jing Xin English Fantranslation: http://bubujingxinenglish.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by PJ View Post
    Yeah kidd, chill out. Junny is no longer a mod for a reason. Now he/she can do and say whatever he/she wants, such as ridiculing forum members for fun.
    I've also been called a supporter of evil All in all though, junny's comments actually makes me laugh a bit in this whole realm of frustrations. Besides, everyone knows he's not being serious.
    She. Thank you kindly
    玉木宏

blog

I thought junny's posts are all witty and intelligently funny. I had a good laugh as I read them

Being racist mean you hate a race of people. please get your definition straight. I don't hate the manchurian. I only want justice from the evil doer manchurian prince.

Me saying the manchurian was a barabaric group of people is because they were to my knowledge from what I learn from someone else...So I really didn't insult them like you said up there in your post. I'm just saying according to what I learn from history that someone else put in book or in words from their mouth to my ear.

So no idea how that make me a racist....

I can't tell if Ren Ying Ying is being sarcastic or not because Im not a mind reader. You think you can read people mind?

I can't tell if Ren Ying Ying is being sarcastic or not because Im not a mind reader. You think you can read people mind?
    Usually people are able to tell not because they are mind-readers, but because of the style and tone she's writing in. Similarly, you don't have to know rocket science to be intelligent.

You said everyone knows that he's not being serious....? How can you say everyone knows? are you a mind reader?

You said everyone knows that he's not being serious....? How can you say everyone knows? are you a mind reader?
    No, we're obviously not mind readers..... but we have this sort of antenna planted in our heads so that we could read one another by way of digital signals. You know, like Tellytubbies?? LOL

No, we're obviously not mind readers..... but we have this sort of antenna planted in our heads so that we could read one another by way of digital signals. You know, like Tellytubbies?? LOL

Maybe you think it's funny but I don't.... and who is we? I was only asking cutzie...

Maybe you think it's funny but I don't.... and who is we? I was only asking cutzie...
    I believe I've answered the question satisfactorily. Why have you completely disregarded it while pressing on Cutzie?

Quote Originally Posted by Guo Xiang View Post
    I believe I've answered the question satisfactorily. Why have you completely disregarded it while pressing on Cutzie?

I was only replying to cutzie and asking cutzie...