View Poll Results: Should we boycott those tv series with evil manchurian prince?

Voters
9. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES!!!

1 11.11%
  • No...

8 88.89%
Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Should We Boycott some TV series?

Lightbulb Should We Boycott some TV series?

As you guys know I've been arguing on and on in the TV series thread about the evil qing manchurian prince doing evil to those little han girls.

So should we boycott watching those tv series that portray those evil manchurian prince as hero and good looking whatever so on and on..... until those little han girls get their justice?

What tv series are you referring to? Can you at least name the series so that people know what you are talking about?

Quote Originally Posted by Trien Chieu View Post
    What tv series are you referring to? Can you at least name the series so that people know what you are talking about?

the Boo Boo Jing something series, you know it translate to something like this in vietnamese Can Long Dai De or Khang Hy if you ever watch tieu bao. the last dynasty of the mainland people the qing. Where those evil manchurian prince have rape so many little han girl.

Boycott until those little han girl get their justice from the evil manchurian prince.

So you're saying skip the middle part until the episode where the bad guy gets his just desserts?

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Liew View Post
    So you're saying skip the middle part until the episode where the bad guy gets his just desserts?

noo? I'm saying we should stop watching any TV series with those evil manchurian prince that did all the evil to those little han girls.

Quote Originally Posted by IPlayWow View Post
    the Boo Boo Jing something series, you know it translate to something like this in vietnamese Can Long Dai De or Khang Hy if you ever watch tieu bao. the last dynasty of the mainland people the qing. Where those evil manchurian prince have rape so many little han girl.

Boycott until those little han girl get their justice from the evil manchurian prince.
    Can you reply with a link so I know exactly what series you are talking about. I saw the series Can Long Dai De with Louis Koo, and the series wasn't too bad. Is Tieu Bao the main character of DOMD? That is the most disgusting main character I ever seen.

History is nasty, Qing and Yuan were racist governments suppressing the Han Chinese for centuries. Both the Manchurian and Mongolian people were cruel and inhumane when they were in power. No wonder the Han majority didn't support them when the dynasty was in trouble. It's good that they are no longer in power and hopefully they won't ever be back.
    Last edited by Trien Chieu; 07-30-11 at 05:56 PM.

Can you reply with a link so I know exactly what series you are talking about. I saw the series Can Long Dai De with Louis Koo, and the series wasn't too bad. Is Tieu Bao the main character of DOMD? That is the most disgusting main character I ever seen.

History is nasty, Qing and Yuan were a racist governments suppressing the Han Chinese for centuries. Both the Manchurian and Mongolian people were cruel and inhumane when they were in power. No wonder the Han majority didn't support them when the dynasty was in trouble. It's good that they are no longer in power and hopefully they won't ever be back.

This series here

listen all I'm saying is wheter wat series it is, we should not watch anything with a manchurian prince in it. especially those actor that portray them prince as good and not evil like real history.

we need to get justice for little han girls that were raped by those evil manchurian prince. Boycott watching those series until those little han girls get their justice.!

I haven't watch that series. I don't even know whether that series is dub in Vietnamese language yet. Sure, those princes were cruel and that is history. What can you do? They are long gone. You want justice for the victims but how? Do you want the Han majority seeks justices by raping Manchurian and Mongolian girls? or commits genocide against the Manchurian and Mongolian? No, that is not way to go. What happened in the past is wrong but life needs to go on.

History is nasty, Qing and Yuan were racist governments suppressing the Han Chinese for centuries. Both the Manchurian and Mongolian people were cruel and inhumane when they were in power. No wonder the Han majority didn't support them when the dynasty was in trouble. It's good that they are no longer in power and hopefully they won't ever be back.
    TC, tell me you do know that Han Chinese were racist. :\ Or is Han Chinese's racism justified simply because they were Han Chinese?

listen all I'm saying is wheter wat series it is, we should not watch anything with a manchurian prince in it. especially those actor that portray them prince as good and not evil like real history.
    What do you know about real history? -.-; How do you know for sure that every single Manchuria prince is evil?
    Join us at The Mandate RPG!
    Join the Discussion thread for The Mandate RPG!
    Quote Originally Posted by athlee View Post
    DZC - "Your wife and I, we are old friends."

Hm, i don't watch these retarded chick flicks/soap operas unless i've got no choice, but since you mentioned rape i'm a little interested, perhaps i'll download a couple of episodes to check it out, yeah, i know i'm sort of a sicko, but if you wanna reduce a TV series' popularity, using 'rape' to talk about it is one of the worse ways that may backfire.

Look, IPlayWow. If there was a movie portraying Hitler as a good guy, then yes, I would boycott it. But Bu Bu Jing Xin is about the 4th, 8th, 9th, 10th, 13th, and 14th prince of Kangxi reign, mainly the 4th and 8th prince. Do you have any proof that those particular princes rape Han girls? In fact, 8th prince is known in history as the "virtuous" prince, who are fair and just to all. 4th prince, who later becomes Emperor Yongzhen, cracked down heavily on corrupted officials and tried to eliminate the prejudices against the Han. 13th prince, in the series, defends prostitutes and befriends commoners. 9th prince, the worst or "evil" one of the bunch, in a moment of drunkenness, tried to have his ways with a courtesan and was immediately stopped by his friend and brother by 14th prince. 13th prince later tried to beat him up for doing that. 9th prince was shown to have a bad ending. The crown prince, evil in history, was shown as evil in this series too, and was also shown as heavily punished.

If you think that this series portrayed the princes as all good and heroic, then you're wrong. This series shown all the princes as having both good and bad sides, like realistic human beings unlike some other series which painted their main leads as perfect angels.

I recommend you read up more on history before you tried to defend your case. You should also know what you're boycotting before actually boycotting and recruiting others to your cause. You have to be knowledgeable in order for people to listen to you.

First answers these questions. Which specific Manchurian prince raped the little girls? What are your sources? State each one specifically with their credentials. Also, when you said "get justice," what do mean exactly? What do you want to happen that would equal "justice" for those girls?

If you make a good case, and there is a TV series about that prince, portraying him as a good person, then you can talk about boycotting it. But BuBuJingXin is not that series. Please direct your comments somewhere else.
    Last edited by cutzie; 07-31-11 at 12:26 AM.
    Bu Bu Jing Xin English Fantranslation: http://bubujingxinenglish.blogspot.com/

I am so confused. The series has not aired yet? Does IPlayWow have beef with the series because of ancient history?
    I like me.

Quote Originally Posted by ByTmE View Post
    I am so confused. The series has not aired yet? Does IPlayWow have beef with the series because of ancient history?
    I think IPlayWow use Bu Bu Jing Xin as one example of series he want to boycott, but, he's not talking about this series only. His question is whether we should boycott all series where Manchurian Prince is potrayed in a favourable light.
    Last edited by kidd; 07-31-11 at 02:54 AM.
    什麼是朋友?朋友永遠是在你犯下不可原諒錯誤的時候,仍舊站在你那邊的笨蛋。~ 王亞瑟

和諧唔係一百個人講同一番話,係一百個人有一百句唔同嘅說話,而又互相尊重 ~ - 葉梓恩

Quote Originally Posted by ByTmE View Post
    The cure to symptoms of confusion is to remove the source of confusion

Quote Originally Posted by cutzie View Post
    If you make a good case, and there is a TV series about that prince, portraying him as a good person, then you can talk about boycotting it. But BuBuJingXin is not that series. Please direct your comments somewhere else.
    He already direct his comments somewhere else, i.e. the Open Debate Forum.

Quote Originally Posted by kidd View Post
    He already direct his comments somewhere else, i.e. the Open Debate Forum.
    I mean to another series because BBJX is an incorrect example of the type of series he's talking about, which is a "series portraying Manchurian princes in favorable light."
    Bu Bu Jing Xin English Fantranslation: http://bubujingxinenglish.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by kidd View Post
    I think IPlayWow use Bu Bu Jing Xi has one example of series he want to boycott, but, he's not talking about this series only. His question is whether we should boycott all series where Manchurian Prince is potrayed in a favourable light.
    OoOoOh, thanks buddy. You're so smart.

Quote Originally Posted by Ren Ying Ying View Post
    The cure to symptoms of confusion is to remove the source of confusion
    Stop being clever lol

When I watch Chinese series, all of the princes attitudes and actions are the same...only the hairstyles and clothes changes. Perhaps, I'm just ignorant about Chinese history.
    I like me.

I mean to another series because BBJX is an incorrect example of the type of series he's talking about, which is a "series portraying Manchurian princes in favorable light."
    So, Bu Bu Jing Xi did not portray 4th Prince, 8th Prince, 13th Prince and 14th Prince in a favourable light? Favourable light does not mean completely without flaws and like an angel. The characters can have flaws but still very likable (because their virtues > their flaws) and sympathetic. This can be considered as favourable light too. Since Bu Bu Jing Xin is supposed to be the story of a modern girl traveling back in time and romancing the Qing princes, I doubt the Qing Princes will be portrayed in unfavourable light.

I see the following description as very very good light.

Quote Originally Posted by cutzie
    But Bu Bu Jing Xin is about the 4th, 8th, 9th, 10th, 13th, and 14th prince of Kangxi reign, mainly the 4th and 8th prince. Do you have any proof that those particular princes rape Han girls? In fact, 8th prince is known in history as the "virtuous" prince, who are fair and just to all. 4th prince, who later becomes Emperor Yongzhen, cracked down heavily on corrupted officials and tried to eliminate the prejudices against the Han. 13th prince, in the series, defends prostitutes and befriends commoners.
    Last edited by kidd; 07-31-11 at 02:54 AM.

Look, IPlayWow. If there was a movie portraying Hitler as a good guy, then yes, I would boycott it. But Bu Bu Jing Xin is about the 4th, 8th, 9th, 10th, 13th, and 14th prince of Kangxi reign, mainly the 4th and 8th prince. Do you have any proof that those particular princes rape Han girls? In fact, 8th prince is known in history as the "virtuous" prince, who are fair and just to all. 4th prince, who later becomes Emperor Yongzhen, cracked down heavily on corrupted officials and tried to eliminate the prejudices against the Han. 13th prince, in the series, defends prostitutes and befriends commoners. 9th prince, the worst or "evil" one of the bunch, in a moment of drunkenness, tried to have his ways with a courtesan and was immediately stopped by his friend and brother by 14th prince. 13th prince later tried to beat him up for doing that. 9th prince was shown to have a bad ending. The crown prince, evil in history, was shown as evil in this series too, and was also shown as heavily punished.

If you think that this series portrayed the princes as all good and heroic, then you're wrong. This series shown all the princes as having both good and bad sides, like realistic human beings unlike some other series which painted their main leads as perfect angels.

I recommend you read up more on history before you tried to defend your case. You should also know what you're boycotting before actually boycotting and recruiting others to your cause. You have to be knowledgeable in order for people to listen to you.

First answers these questions. Which specific Manchurian prince raped the little girls? What are your sources? State each one specifically with their credentials. Also, when you said "get justice," what do mean exactly? What do you want to happen that would equal "justice" for those girls?

Listen. no one was there at the time to know what really happened. There wasn't even such technology like camcorder or voice recorder invented yet to actually know for sure what the heck really happened.

I read and learn my history from someone else and so do you. accurate or not? I'm not sure. but would it make sense that someone with high power would abuse their power??? use you're mind to figure that out.

I'm pretty sure those prince you mentioned didn't report everything in a journal or something... good stuff happen, they write... bad stuff happen... they use their power to cover it up.... use ur mind to see if what i'm saying makes sense.

I will watch depending on whether the storytelling is good or not. I am open to different interpretations history as long as they stay within certain constraints like language, customs and historical timelines.

Not all Manchurians were evil and not all Han Chinese were good. Han Chinese fought and plotted against each other for hundreds of years and did terrible things to one another even before the Mongolians/Manchurian stepped into the picture. And don't get me on what the Chinese did to Korea in the ancient times.

Anyway, I don't think that we should boycott Qing series at all. They are a part of history and whether you like it or not, Manchurians ruled over the Han Chinese during that time. A lot of bad stuff may have been done but a lot of good things must have also happened or how could the Qing Dynasty lasted for so long? Compare it to the Mongolian's Yuan Dynasty which lasted much shorter when the Han Chinese couldn't take the oppression and rebelled. The Manchurians and Han Chinese eventually got along living together.
    "Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self."
    Cyril Connolly