Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ancient story-- Through the course of Love

Post Ancient story-- Through the course of Love

Hi! This is my first ancient story so yeah...

Forewords

The actors are going to be listed here but there is only 4 main characters.

Gigi Lai- Nguyen May Tuyet
    Louis Koo- Truong Thien Long
    Carmen Lee- Nguyen Ngoc Yen
    Julien Cheung- Tran Tri Lam

and there are also some other minor characters. Okay, here is my first chapter 'cause I was too slack to write a prologue.

Please give it a go and tell me what you think.

Chapter 1 Away From Home

Appearing in this chapter:

Eddie Cheung- The Emperor
    Lam Yi Kay (Hacken’s mother in LE)-The Emperess
    Irene Wan- Trinh Phi
    Tavia Yeung-Duong Tam Nhu
    Michelle Yip-Duong Thi Nhu
    Angela Tong-Thanh Thuy Nuong Nuong
    Carmen Lee- Nguyen Ngoc Yen

“Mother, mother, please wake up!”

A young boy about the age of six was seen leaning over the body of his dead mother. He continued to desperately pull on his mother’s hand as tears poured out of his eyes. Around him were about seven eunuchs and ten maids. They all stood to a side not daring to disturb this young boy may have only been six but his royal gestures could have overtaken any fully grown man.

“Where is my father?” he demanded, “Does he know about this?”

The eunuchs and maids all looked at each other not daring to say a word. The young boy looked at them suspiciously before running out of the room to find his father the emperor of Sung.

After running halfway through the palace the young prince decided to go to the Empress’s palace to ask. He ran there blindly as passing servants, guards, eunuchs, bowed at his royal presence, finally he ran into someone.

“Sorry,” he said trying to get up again without looking at the person he had collided with.

“What’s the rush?” the boy he bumped into asked rubbing his forehead.

“Tri Lam,” the prince began “Do you know where my father is?”

“I heard that he is with Trinh Phi Nuong Nuong.” Tri Lam answered and before he could say anymore, the prince ran off.

“If he’s gone so quickly something must be wrong,” Tri Lam said to himself, “I should find the Empress.”

------------------------

“Father,” the prince shouted bursting into the room. In there he saw Trinh Phi (Irene Wan) helping his father, (Eddie Cheung) put on his golden coat.

“Hoang Nhi, (dragon child),” the Emperor said looking quite outraged. “Why did you enter without knocking?”

“Father,” the prince said holding back tears, “Please follow me to see mother.”

“I’ve said so already,” the Emperor said impatiently “I’m not going to see Huong Phi today or through the coming month.”

“But…” The Prince began.

“I said I’m not going,” the Emperor said angrily.

The prince looked to the floor and began to cry silently.

“Your majesty,” The Empress greeted as she entered the room. She looked over to see the Prince crying, walked over to him and wiped his tears with her handkerchief. “Hoang Nhi, don’t cry,” she said.

“He’s far too obnoxious,” the Emperor said.

“He’s still very young,” the Empress(Lam Yi Kay) replied softly.

“He is continuously trying to get me to see his mother. Let me tell you child that in my eyes your mother is nothing!”

The prince ran out of the room furiously, and the Emperor shook his head.

“That child needs to be taught a lesson.” The Emperor said picking up a cup of tea.

“Your majesty,” the Empress began, “Huong Phi has died.”

The Emperor dropped his cup of tea and looked at the Empress with a stricken face.

“How could this be?” the Emperor asked with a face as though refusing to believe the fact he had just heard.

“Your majesty,” the Empress began tears forming in her eyes, “Huong Phi has been sick for over a month now, each day her health worsened until today…”

“Why didn’t anyone tell me?” the Emperor asked furiously.

“Huong Phi did not want you to worry,” the Empress replied tears falling from her eyes. “According to the servants, Hoang Nhi tried many times to get you to come to her, but each time you refused. When she died the last thing she told her son was ‘Look after your father’.”

“Huong Phi,” the Emperor said in a trance before running towards the direction of her home.

The Empress glared at the stricken face of Trinh Phi before turning in the opposite direction and following the Emperor’s past.

~~~~~*~~~~~*~~~~~

12 Years Later…

In the most mysterious place of China with a variety of obstacles through it’s forbidden boundary laid Thuy Lien Cung (The Water Palace). Even further in was the chamber of Thanh Nu (sacred maiden/female heir). Inside a room within the chamber two 19 year old females stared down at their Thanh Nu (Gigi Lai) whom sat meditating on the double wooden chair.

The two standing girls (Tavia and Michelle) were wearing identical outfits that were long white skirts with a waistline that was tucking in a small shirt with a white overcoat covering their arms and shoulders, they were completely in white.

The sitting Thanh Nu was in a simple white dress and overcoat. Around her sleeve the far bottom of her dress and coat, around her waistline in where the material was about to end 5cm away from the end was one 1cm of gold running in a straight circular pattern. Her hair was half up with small feathers green, purple, yellow, and pink on each side of her head it was connected by a dangling clip that had 10cm of gold and a pearl at the end of it. The clip stuck on both of the feathers on the left and right side of her head. A piece of wire was across her forehead with a pearl in the centre. She was enchantingly beautiful, and when she suddenly snapped her eyes open the commanding air around her increased.

“Thanh Nu,” Thi Nhu (Michelle Yip) and Tam Nhu (Tavia Yeung) said placing both hands at their waist and bending their knees slightly to make them shorter in a sign of respect. It was their way of curtsying.

“You can all go and rest.” Nguyen May Tuyet (Gigi Lai) said.

Thanh Nu May Tuyet was the future Cung Chua (palace ruler) of Thuy Lien Cung. Being thus every person in the palace knelt at her presence. She had the perfect commanding aura.

“Yes Thanh Nu,” they replied.

May Tuyet took a walk in the forest to the tomb of their founder. She stood outside for a moment and stared expressionlessly at the door. It was a while before she moved or did anything then there was a slight faint noise of someone using their lightness kungfu to move throughout the forest May Tuyet launched onto a tree far from the tomb to look around on the ground. After a while, she saw two men completely dressed in black clothes for moving around in the night, exchanging information.

“I have not found the tomb or the Water Palace.” The first man informed.

“Nor have I.” The second replied.

Knowing that it was time to come out, May Tuyet launched out of a the tree spinning her body while keeping it straight and landed on the floor in front of the two men. They both opened their eyes wide open when seeing her face.

“Sorry, but this place is forbidden,” May Tuyet said calmly staring right at them, “You have no right to be here.”

“You are a person of Thuy Lien Cung?” the first man asked.

“What if I am?”

“Then where is Minh Lien Thanh Thuy (Moonlight’s holy water)?”

“What do you want it for?” May Tuyet asked commandingly.

“You don’t need to know,” the second man replied.

“Fine, I’ll kill you both then lets see how you can take away the Thanh Thuy.”

Almost instantly May Tuyet launched for the two of them and they began a deadly dual. Two men against one girl. The fight was quite striking until May Tuyet did something that finished both men quickly and quietly. She concentrated a fraction of her internal power at the point of her right index and middle finger as her other fingers were bent down and swiped her fingers across their necks without touching it. The two of them fell to the floor as though a sword has struck them.

“Very talented,” said a voice around her that belonged to a male, “It is hard to believe that someone so young could have internal energy that powerful.”

“Who are you?” May Tuyet asked commandingly.

The voice laughed and a man landed on the floor a few metres away from May Tuyet without a sound. May Tuyet looked at him with no expression on her face.

“You only need to tell me where is the Thanh Thuy (holy water) and I’ll let you live,” the man said. He had his face covered mysteriously.

“Who are you to give out orders like that to me?” May Tuyet replied.

The man laughed and shook his head. Before either of them could exchange another word two middle aged women in pure white flew towards them and landed next to May Tuyet curtsying respectfully at her. May Tuyet nodded in approval before the two women stood up and faced the other man.

“Well if it isn’t the two personal Minh Thuy (moonlight water) armaments of Thanh Thuy Nuong Nuong.”

“Hinh Bong (shadow),” Tieu Ngoc said, “You should not be here.”

“If your mistress has personally sent an invitation to lead me out of here then I will of-course leave in respect of her this one time.” After saying that he flew off.

“You know him?” May Tuyet asked.

“Thanh Nu,” Tieu Phuong said, “about this subject you should personally ask Cung Chua.”

May Tuyet eyed them suspiciously and turned away from them both, “Let’s go back to the palace,” she announced.

~~~~~*~~~~~*~~~~~

“Cung Chua,” everyone in the room bowed to the presence of their ruler they were all in the throne room of the palace it was a place full of coldness and power. The room was very icy and in the middle of the room from the stairs that walked up to Cung Chua’s throne to the door at the end of the room, which was about 30m away. Was a long pool of water about 3m wide filled with freezing cold water and chunks of ice.

A beautiful woman in her late 30’s appeared out from behind the left side of the thrones curtains. She was wearing a grand outfit fit for an Empress. It was pale yellow with a trim at the end of the coat 2m long and trailing behind her hair was half up and hung by a single ribbon. She had a single long chain 10cm long that ended with a pearl stuck in her hair. Her earrings were of the same style and she had a diamond print at the centre of her forehead on her very blank face.

She walked toward the stone chair and sat down on it. Thanh Thuy Nuong Nuong (Angela Tong) looked down at the thirty people below her as though searching for someone.

“Where is May Tuyet?” Thanh Thuy Nuong Nuong finally asked.

“Cung Chua,” Thi Nhu (Michelle) said, “Thanh Nu May Tuyet is currently within the forbidden forest.”

Thanh Thuy Nuong Nuong nodded and said nothing, suddenly the large doors at the end of the room slowly opened and three people appeared at the door. The person in the middle was May Tuyet, the Moonlight water armaments flew towards Thanh Thuy Nuong Nuong and landed two stairs below her throne.

Thanh Thuy Nuong Nuong stared directly at May Tuyet who was looking right back at her.

“Everyone leave,” Thanh Thuy Nuong Nuong ordered, her eyes still on May Tuyet. The thirty curtsied towards her then turned back and did so to May Tuyet before walking out the door. They did not dare to touch their Thanh Nu as they walked pass her even if she did not bother looking at them.

May Tuyet walked completely straight into the water and instead of sinking down she floated with grace and looked like a beautiful water fairy. When she reached of the water she stepped onto a piece of ice and looked up at Thanh Thuy Nuong Nuong.

“Is there something you wish to ask me?” Cung Chua said smiling down at May Tuyet.

“Thanh Thuy Nuong Nuong,” May Tuyet began, “I met three people in the forbidden forest today.”

“Are they dead?”

“Two dead, one alive.” May Tuyet answered.

“Do you want to ask who the last person was?” Thanh Thuy Nuong Nuong asked. “And how I know them?” Her smile had now disappeared.

“Thanh Thuy Nuong Nuong I do not dare to interfere with your business,” May Tuyet replied. “And I have no right to, I only wish to know who it was that led the men so deeply into our forbidden midst.”

“May Tuyet why do you say that?” Thanh Thuy Nuong Nuong asked, her cold smile reappearing on her face. “You’re my daughter.”

“But have you ever treated me like one mother?” May Tuyet asked.

Thanh Thuy Nuong Nuong’s smile faded as she stared down at her daughter. After a while May Tuyet spoke again.

“Cung Chua, if you can’t answer my question then I will find out myself.” After saying so, she used her lightness kungfu to fly out of the room.

~~~~~*~~~~~*~~~~~

“Thanh Nu are we really leaving?” Tam Nhu asked.

“Only until I finish my task,” May Tuyet answered.

“Do you know the way out then?” Thi Nhu asked.

The three of them May Tuyet, Tam Nhu, Thi Nhu was standing just outside the forbidden forest. It was a rather cloudy day and Tam Nhu and Thi Nhu were both carrying the luggage over their shoulders with one hand and their sword in the other. May Tuyet being the superior there carried nothing and her arms were simply behind her back.

“I don’t yet.” She answered, her playful and cheerful face appearing with a smile. “But I don’t think that it will be that hard.”

“Thanh Nu,” Thi Nhu said looking at her uncertainly. “You aren’t joking are you? Last time Man Man only took one wrong turn and her body was found days later.”

“What are you two worried about?” May Tuyet asked, “I refuse to believe that I can’t lead you two out of this place.”

“And Cung Chua would never lead her daughter to death.” Said a young girl that looked like a moon goddess walking up to them.

“Ngoc Yen,” May Tuyet greeted as her face broke into a warm smile.

“May Tuyet,” Ngoc Yen (Carmen Lee) smiled.

“Nguyen co nuong,” Thi Nhu and Tam Nhu greeted.

“May Tuyet,” Ngoc Yen began, “Thanh Thuy Nuong Nuong requested me to give you this.” Ngoc Yen passed May Tuyet the flat blue box in her hands.

“Don’t open it until you leave the boundaries of Thuy Lien Cung,” Ngoc Yen added. “And make sure that it reaches its destination.”

May Tuyet nodded and May Tuyet took out two tiny jars, one black one blue.

“May Tuyet,” Ngoc Yen began, “In the black jar there are a few pills of Nguyen Nguyen bao tam don (treasured internal remedy), and the blue jar had four or five pills of the new remedy that I have just invented. Take it and you won’t go hungry for a few days.”

“Thank you,” May Tuyet said taking the jars.

“And Thi Nhu, Tam Nhu you two have to cover your eyes and let May Tuyet lead you through the forest.” Ngoc Yen informed. “May Tuyet Thanh Thuy Nuong Nuong said that after you find your way through she’ll reformat the forest---”

“So I don’t get back out again,” May Tuyet finished.

“I won’t delayed your progress any longer,” Ngoc Yen said smiling, “Good Luck.”

May Tuyet nodded and turned to Thi Nhu and Tam Nhu whom had just covered their eyes. She took Thi Nhu’s hand which was clinging onto Tam Nhu’s and began leading them into the forest.

Ngoc Yen stood there and waited as she slowly saw May Tuyet walk further and further into the forest. Then as a gust of wind came by Thanh Thuy Nuong Nuong was seen standing next to Ngoc Yen.

“Have they left?” Thanh Thuy Nuong Nuong asked.

“Cung Chua,” Ngoc Yen greeted, “May Tuyet has just left.”

“Did she bring with her Minh Lien Thanh Thuy?”

“I don’t know.” Ngoc Yen answered.

“And what about Tam Tuyet Long Chau (snow hearted dragon pearl)?”

“I believe she did bring it along.”

“Hmm…” Thanh Thuy Nuong Nuong sighed. “Go back to the palace first Ngoc Yen.”

Ngoc Yen nodded and turned away. Thanh Thuy Nuong Nuong stood there staring at the forest.

“May Tuyet, be careful.” She murmured, and as the wind blew she was gone without a trace of being there.
    "It is better to be thought of as a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt" -Abraham Lincoln

Wow very interesting story! I love Carmen, so I hope to see more of her! When does Louis appear? Keep up the good work!

Great story, so mysterious. I love stories like this. Hope Louis will appear soon.

Hi guys, thanks for reading my story. I hope you continue to read and all feedback is welcomed- good or bad.

ccsakura- Carmen will appear again soon and then, she will be a lot mainer. Louis appears in chapter 4. That won't be long, most of my chapters are much shorter now.

jeh- Thanks for reading. I'm glad you like mysteries- 'cause this story is full of them. Hope you like the next chapter and Louis appears soon too.
    "It is better to be thought of as a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt" -Abraham Lincoln

Here's the chapter- much shorter than the other.

Chapter 2 Invasion

Michelle Yip-Duong Thi Nhu
    Moses Chan- Kinh Hu Luong
    Halena Tam- Tan Sang Nhi
    Steven Ma- Tan Tu Bach

~~

“We’re out,” May Tuyet declared happily.

Thi Nhu and Tam Nhu took off the sheet over their eyes to be greeted by the end—or the start of the forest and a brick wall.

They walked out from the back. After pressing a certain switch in a brick, the wall moved aside and saw a well and walls that looked like the back of a temple.

They walked cautiously into the temple to the front to se two nuns standing, and an older nun kneeling on the floor tapping a drum like instrument, as they muttered prayers to the Goddess of Mercy.

“Who are the three that have entered?” The kneeling nun asked without looking back.

“We are only here to send or prayers to the Goddess of Mercy.” May Tuyet answered, “Tam Nhu,” She ordered, “prepare some incense sticks for me.”

Tam Nhu nodded and did thus, then handed them to May Tuyet. May Tuyet accepted the incense sticks and knelt on the yellow mat beside the old nun. She bowed once and then passed the objects in her hands to Thi Nhu and stood up.

“Tang Hoa (dying flower) su thai (nun),” May Tuyet said as she stood up. “Please inform Cung Chua that I, Thanh Nu May Tuyet will return shortly. The longest I will be gone for is about 3 months.”

May Tuyet, Thi Nhu, and Tam Nhu turned around, not waiting for a reply from the nun.

“I wonder if Thanh Nu May Tuyet has opened that box yet.” Tang Hoa asked.

“I haven’t,” May Tuyet answered smiling warmly. “Good bye.”

~~~~~*~~~~~*~~~~~

“Thanh Nu,” Tam Nhu began as they walked out of the temple and into the lively street, “what do we do now?”

“Find somewhere quiet first,” May Tuyet muttered looking around.

There was a good reason for it too. People around them, especially men, were gazing at them all and especially May Tuyet. Thus, they made way to an inn and sat on a table upstairs.

“Thanh Nu,” Thi Nhu began and stopped when she sae that May Tuyet was shaking her head.

There were two men at a table nearby carefully watching there every movement. When they looked over however, they would both look away and the grip on their sword tightened.

“From here on, call me tieu tho (young mistress) or May Tuyet. Choose quickly.” May Tuyet said.

“Tieu tho,” Thi Nhu and Tam Nhu said immediately.

“Are you going to open that box of Nguyen co nuong’s?” Tam Nhu continued.

May Tuyet took the box out and slowly opened the lid. The first thing she saw was a letter written by her mother, addressed to her. She took the letter out of its envelope and carefully read:

May Tuyet,
    Do not concern yourself with whom that person is, when the time comes, I will tell you. Right now, I have a task for you. There is another letter in the box, please take it to Giang Kiem Son Trang (Million Sworded Manor) and hand it to the Trang Chu (Manor owner) Ly Trien Son. Do not let too many people know of your true identity.

Cung Chua Thuy Lien Cung.

‘Why would she have anything to do with him?’ May Tuyet thought as she looked up from the letter. ‘And what’s so important that I must deliver it in secret?’

~~~~~*~~~~~*~~~~~

‘Thi Nhu, Tam Nhu,” May Tuyet said running towards the stone sign. She was wearing a cheerful smile as she read the words on the stone. “‘If thou shall enter then thou shall die, thou has been warned.’”

Completely ignoring the sign in their case warning May Tuyet headed straight into the straight into the forest. She was wearing a long and white skirt and a simple white top. The skirt was from her waist to her toes the top her neck and the wrist of her hands her waistline was covering the end of the top and the start of the skirt. And in her left hand side hanging beneath her waistline was a golden pouch it was connected by gold tapestry and like the other outfit she wore around the collar her wrist, waistline and the bottom of her skirt had all around them one cm of thick gold.

Her hair was half up with a bun at the top of her head, the main thing visible in her hair were plaits. There were about thirteen of them three lay on each of her shoulders, dangling from the main bun four were spread at the back of her head covering the plain hair and the last three were shaped like a crown over her bun with a small white pearl in the centre. On the left side of her head was a 10cm gold chain hanging from the ending with two white butterflies. Her tiara was a simple gold chain dangling across her forehead like a triangle and at the centre of her forehead was 3cm of chain dangling and ending with a butterfly. Spaced equally between were two pearls. She veiled her face with a white veil and mysterious yet stunning.

“Tieu tho,” Thi Nhu began, “ Are you sure you want to barge without investigating anything?”

“I want to finish this so I this so I can go and do something else,” May Tuyet answered moving aside a vine in her way.

“But…” Tam Nhu began.

A vine shot out of no where and aimed directly for the three of them Tam Nhu and Thi Nhu quickly withdrew their swords and sliced the plant to pieces. May Tuyet looked around as she slowly recited the lessons in her mind.

“Thi Nhu, Tam Nhu,” May Tuyet said, “Follow me.” And with that she launched into the air.

A few minutes later they landed in front of another sign and the entrance of their destination. Two women appeared in dark red outfits carrying a sword to block their way May Tuyet smiled and with the wave of her hand summoning her internal energy both women fell to the floor as though they had been hit with an internal force.

“Pathetic.” May Tuyet murmured.

Almost as soon as she said it three people landed on the ground 8 metres away from them. May Tuyet put both hands behind her back and looked at them directly with Thi Nhu and Tam Nhu on her left. There was a girl and two males.

“You can go no further.” The tall male (Moses Chan) said a-matter-of-factly. “Leave now.”

“That’s ridiculous,” Thi Nhu said. “If we can get this far in then surely you don’t think that we will leave like that now do you?”

“Fine, if you don’t leave then don’t blame us for the lack of courtesy.” The women (Halina Tam ) said and with that she unshed her sword and charged for May Tuyet.

Who are these new characters? I wonder why May Tuyet have to deliver that box to the Trang Chu. Update soon. Yay, Louis will appear soon.

Wow great update! Keep up the good work!

Jeh- The new characters have more of an appearance in this chapter. Yes, Louis appears in chapter 4. He and May Tuyet have an rather odd introduction.

ccsakura- Thanks for the compliment! I hope you enjoy this story.

Chapter 3

Before Sang Nhi could reach May Tuyet though, Thi Nhu used her sword cover to block her off.

“If you want to fight then I’ll fight you,” Thi Nhu declared and within seconds they were engaged in a fight.

After a few moments, Thi Nhu easily used her internal strength at the palm of her left arm to hit her opponent chest. The girl (Helena Tam) fell backwards as the tall male, (Moses Chan) supported her.

“Sang Nhi,” He said as she stood up, “Are you alright?”

“I’m fine, Hu Luong su huynh (Older martial arts brother),” Sang Nhi replied.

“Let’s all go up at once,” The 2nd male (Steven Ma) declared.

They nodded and all charged for Thi Nhu. Tam Nhu seeing this all unshed her sword to help Thi Nhu. May Tuyet stood there watching it all but not doing or saying a thing. A few minutes later, all three of the defenders fell to the floor thoroughly beaten. Thi Nhu and Tam Nhu returned to May Tuyet’s side after shielding their sword. Their faces covered.

“People,” May Tuyet said smiling sweetly, “as you can see none of you have a chance against my two body guards so I suggest that you all do what I want.”

“Never,” Sang Nhi replied.

“You don’t have a choice,” May Tuyet said her voice slightly rising. “Now tell Ly Trien Son to get out here.”

“Trang Chu is busy,” Hu Luong said. “He won’t be seeing anyone.”

“And that is the only reason that you can be so arrogant about this now,” Sang Nhi muttered.

May Tuyet smiled coldly under her veil then threw a small object towards the second male Tu Bach whom caught it with a confused face.

“Show this to your Trang Chu, and we’ll see whether he will come out or not,” May Tuyet said, the end bit seemed to be addressed more to herself then to Tu Bach.

Tu Bach stood up and looked to see what she had thrown at him. It was a small yet beautiful pearl that glittered in the sunlight. It oddly reminded him of a symbol of a secret society on the vo lam world but he could not remember where.

“What is it?” May Tuyet asked calmly and almost threateningly if you don’t go and return soon… I’ll kill your friends and then burn this place down. If I can say it then I can do it.”

“Sang Nhi, Su huynh,” He said, “I will return shortly.”

“Dai Ca (older brother),” Sang Nhi said, “If you return here make sure you bring father and a bunch of other people too. I do not believe that that many people cannot defeat these two servants.”

“Even if you can defeat us it doesn’t matter,” Thi Nhu said, “The main character had not even started fighting yet.”

Tu Bach looked around cautiously. The main character hadn’t fought yet? There was no one else around! Well unless they were counting that girl with the cold aura. Sure she could throw a pearl, but who couldn’t? If it weren’t for her body guards she would have been dead by now. With the last glance at the people around him, he slowly dragged himself away.

~~~~~*~~~~~*~~~~~

Tu Bach re-entered the scene looking more healed and healthier then before. He walked over to May Tuyet with manners and a rather annoyed face and spoke.

“Co Nuong,” He said formally, “Our Trang Chu is unable to greet you at this time. Please stay back at the Son Trang for a while until he has the time.” He looked back at her and saw that she had an expressionless face so continued.

“Co Nuong…”

“Fine, I will stay here,” May Tuyet said and began heading in without waiting for a guider, “Thi Nhu, Tam Nhu.”

“Tieu Tho,” Tam Nhu began pointing at Hu Luong and Sang Nhi whom seemed frozen, “What about them?”

May Tuyet stopped and turned to look at them. Then she used her index and middle finger with the others tucked down, to swipe across Sang Nhi and Hu Luong three metres away not touching them. Where she had swiped for a few moments a white glowing light. The wind blew as her arm swayed and the pressure points of Sang Nhi and Hu Luong were unsealed. May Tuyet continued to walk the way she was going before with her arms behind her back. Everything seemed normal at first until Sang Nhi began to talk, yet no sound came out.

‘That’s right,’ Hu Luong remembered, ‘Su Muoi (younger martial arts sister) has had her mute pressure points done by that girl.’

“Co Nuong,” Tu Bach said quite urgently, “my sister…”

“She’s far too arrogant,” May Tuyet said without pausing or looking back, “I’ll undo her when I feel like it.”

“But what if you never feel like it?”

“Then she will be mute for the rest of her life,” May Tuyet answered.

~~~~~*~~~~~*~~~~~

“It’s been three hours,” Tu Bach said sitting on a rock, “We’ve tried everything and she still can’t say a word. Who did you pressure points anyway?”

“We don’t know how it was done,” Hu Luong answered, “we were just standing there for a few moments and then a small gust of wind came by and we were frozen and she was gone then another gust of wind and she was back.”

“Who’s she?”

“That girl who undid our pressure points,” Hu Luong answered.

Then two girls came walking towards them (Tavia Yeung and Michelle Yip) came walking towards them. Tu Bach and Hu Luong were astounded. They were both extremely pretty and their veils had been covering that. The first girl (Michelle Yip) was dressed in a simple way with a white shirt skirt and waistline, the other girl (Tavia Yeung) was wearing the exact same outfit in the same hairstyle but she was smiling warmly, and that caused Tu Bachs heart to thump loudly.

“Greetings people,” Tam Nhu said warmly, “I have come to undo the mute pressure points for the other co nuong.”

“Then thank you very much,” Tu Bach replied, “I wonder what I should be addressing you as?”

“I am Tam Nhu,” Tam Nhu answered smiling, “And this is my su ty, Thi Nhu”

Tu Bach nodded with a smile and Tam Nhu walked over to Sang Nhi and undid her pressure points.

“It’s a good thing that Tieu Tho didn’t use her real vo cong (kung fu) to do up her pressure points if not I couldn’t undo them.” Tam Nhu said.

“Your tieu tho only sneaks around.” Sang Nhi said, “What’s so good about that?”

“Our Tieu Tho didn’t kill you and you should be grateful for it,” Thi Nhu said glaring at her, “If you say anymore then I’ll get you instead,” Thi Nhu glanced over to Tam Nhu, “Let’s go.”

“Goodbye,” Tam Nhu said raising her sword through salute.

When Thi Nhu and Tam Nhu left Sang Nhi shook her head.

“These three girls are so arrogant,” She said,” When Cong Tu comes back I’m going to ask him to teach them a lesson.”

For a strange reason Hu Luong’s faced stiffened and he looked at her.

“He wouldn’t do much,” Hu Luong said, “He’s far too polite.”

“Neither of you two can do anything to her either,” Tu Bach said looking at them.

“Why?” Sang Nhi demanded, “and what’s the reason that they come bolting into the place and we still have to treat them like a guest?”

“I don’t know,” Tu Bach said addressing himself as an older brother talking to his younger sister. “When I reached the meditation room, I just told him about the three girls and he came out to take away the pearl.”

“He came out of the meditation room?” Hu Luong repeated.

“But he never comes out of there.” Sang Nhi said.

“I know,” Tu Bach said, “He took the pearl away and told us to look after them. If they want anything give it to them. He was going to come out if the room in a few days.”

“He really said all that?” Hu Luong asked curiously.

“Yes,” Tu Bach said. “And that proves that these three people are incredibly important to him so if either of you wish to keep your lives, don’t even go near them.”

~~~~~*~~~~~*~~~~~

“Tieu Tho,” Thi Nhu began, “We have been here for a two days and I’ve investigated many parts of this son trang. So far it seems as though only one place could be where Ly Trien Son is.”

“Really?” May Tuyet said pausing in her meditation to hear what was going on, “Then I will check out that place tonight personally.”

~~~~~*~~~~~*~~~~~

May Tuyet stood outside a deserted mediation room made of stone and blankly stared at the door. Before she had a chance to do or say anything, Sang Nhi, Hu Luong and Tu Bach landed behind her.

“Co Nuong,” Tu Bach said, “this place is a restricted area; you are not meant to be here.”

May Tuyet ignored him and continued to staring at the stone wall. ‘Why does this place seem so familiar,’ May Tuyet asked herself silently, ‘but I’ve never been here.’

“Hey,” Sang Nhi said impatiently, “are you listening to him? I’m sick of your games and how you think you’re so good. Today, I’m going to teach you a lesson.”

With that she launched up and over to May Tuyet landing in front of her facing the veiled girl. Before anyone had a chance to say anything, Sang Nhi unshed her sword and aimed it directly at May Tuyet. May Tuyet easily dodged the sword.

“Sang Nhi, NO!” Tu Bach shouted, “argh…”

May Tuyet used her index and middle fingers to snap Sang Nhis sword easily as Thi Nhu and Tam Nhu landed on the floor in front of Tu Bach and Hu Luong. As Tu Bach and Hu Luong tried to help Sang Nhi, Thi Nhu held her sword up to stop them.

“You two can’t interfere in this,” Thi Nhu said simply.

Tu Bach looked at Tam Nhu for help and she shook her head. May Tuyet used a minimal amount of energy to push Sang Nhi backwards and then used her right hand to flick a form of liquid at her neck that entered her body. She immediately fell unconscious.

“Sang Nhi!” Tu Bach and Hu Luong cried. Thi Nhu took her sword away from them both allowing them to run forwards to her.

“Sang Nhi, are you alright?” Tu Bach asked before turning to May Tuyet, “What did you do to her?”

“Nothing,” May Tuyet answered coldly and calmly, “She tried to teach me a lesson, but it just turned out the other way around.”

“She’s been poisoned,” Hu Luong declared, “where is the antidote?”

“Even if she was poisoned,” May Tuyet said, “The only person in this So Trang that is capable of saving her id not here so her fate will be death.”

As soon as May Tuyet said that, leaves from the trees, about five of them, began their way over to her. Each trying to kill her. May Tuyet launched into the air and landed using the index and middle finger to swipe across the leaf and for seconds leaving back a white light of where she’s so. After a few minutes all the leaves were defeated on the floor as she turned to look at the door with a smile.

“Ly Trien Son,” May Tuyet called, “if you dare to lend a hand to them then why not dare to come out to see me?”

As soon as she said so, the stone door to the meditation room flung itself open and a figure came flying out of it landing out if it landing on the floor near Tu Bach and the other two.

“Trang Chu,” Both Tu Bach and Hu Luong said but he used his hands to silence them.

“Co Nuong,” Ly Trien Son said looking at her, “would you like to go somewhere quiet to talk?”

“Fine,” May Tuyet said and followed him into the meditation room.

Hmm, I wonder what connection does Thanh Thuy Nuong Nuong have with Ly Trien Son. Update soon.

I wonder what's going to happen now... I don't like Sang nhi she is so annoying! Ly Trien Son sounds like a really interesting character! I hope that there is more about him!

Update Soon!

jeh- does Thanh Thuy Nuong Nuong link with Ly Trien Son? Hmmm... amybe, but they do meet some time in the story.

ccsakura- I agree with you, Sang Nhi is incredibly annoying, but then, she can be rather sweet towards certain people.

Default Chapter 4- Visitor from Home

Chapter 4 Visitor From Home

“Please sit,” Ly Trien Son invited May Tuyet as he stood.

“No thank you,” May Tuyet said, “Ly Trang Chu, I am Nguyen May Tuyet of Thuy Lien Cung. Today I am here because Thanh Thuy Nuong Nuong has a letter for you.”

May Tuyet passed him the letter and a small white jar.

“When you reply, put this in the envelope,” she said, “I will be here to pick up the letter tomorrow night.”

“Thank you very much,” Trien Son (Ekin Cheng) said, “I am assuming that you do not wish to stay back here tonight so I will organise them to prepare a room for you in the inn…”

“There is no need for that.” May Tuyet replied, “I will organise it myself.” She saluted him with her hands cupped together and left.

When May Tuyet had left the room, Trien Son smiled and shook his head.

“She’s so much like her mother.” He said softly.

~~~~~*~~~~~*~~~~~

“Tam Nhu co nuong,” Tu Bach said looking at Tam Nhu with Sang Nhi in his arms, “Please help my sister.”

Tam Nhu looked at Thi Nhu with a troubled face whom nodded back at her Tam Nhu lent down to check Sang Nhi’s pulse and smiled.

“Don’t worry,” Tam Nhu assured, “She’s okay. She’s not poisoned.”

The door to the meditation room opened and May Tuyet came out in a rather impatient way.

“Thi Nhu, Tam Nhu,” May Tuyet said as soon as she got over to them, we’re going to stay in an inn.”

Tu Bach expected either Tam Nhu or Thi Nhu to ask why but they looked respectfully to the floor. ‘They’re afraid of her.’ He realized.

Thi Nhu, Tam Nhu and May Tuyet turned about to leave when Hu Luong stood in their way.

“You’re going to be taught a lesson today,” Hu Luong declared.

May Tuyet looked at him and with an impatient wave of her arm, he fell to the floor and she continued walking.

~~~~~*~~~~~*~~~~~

It was early next morning and the sun had just risen when the Tieu Nhi of an inn opened the doors to begin business. Then as customers begin entering their hotel, three women all dressed in white fully except the veil one with gold embroidery, came walking down to the stairs laughing at their private joke. All the men turned to hear where this enchanting sound was coming from, to be greeted by the sight of two lovely women and one veiled one.

May Tuyet, Thi Nhu and Tam Nhu sat down at a table and the Tieu Nhi put some buns in a bowl on the table for them. Their table was almost right next to the stairs and when the Tieu Nhi had put three separate cups of tea on their table, twenty-one women, all dressed in pure white with a white orchid on their head each carrying a sword entered the inn. The person in front (Ho Mei Sei) looked around a bit then spotted May Tuyet and walked up to her as the other girls shooed away the other customers.

“Tieu Cung Chua (Minor palace ruler),” She said to May Tuyet.

May Tuyet’s eyes went cold and her face expressionless as she picked up her cup of tea and lightly brushed the liquid with the cups lid.

“If we aren’t at the palace then call me ‘Tieu Tho,’” May Tuyet ordered.

“Tieu Tho,” she replied.

“Bat Kieu Kieu,” May Tuyet said putting her cup of tea down and standing up, “What are doing here?”

“Tieu Tho,” Kieu Kieu said in a respectful tone but not a respectful face, “We are under the orders of Cung Chua to take you back to Thuy Lieng Cung.”

“Really?” May Tuyet said expressionlessly, “I don’t want to go back yet so I won’t.”

“Tieu Tho,” Kieu Kieu began yet stopped when she saw three young gentlemen enter the inn.

Both May Tuyet and Kieu Kieu had turned to look at them. In fact, everyone in the inn had. Three young handsome and prosperous men were standing there looking blankly back at them. The tallest (Louis Koo) had his hair half up in bun with a dangling blue ribbon. He wore a blue robe fit for a wealthy young man with a red overcoat that reached his toes. The other two, (Gilbet Lam and Julien Cheung) were wearing the same clothing but they did not have an overcoat.

The moment was very tense and none of the three young men knew how to react or what to do.

“Make them leave.” Kieu Kieu ordered a girl nearby.

“No,” May Tuyet said. “You can stay.” She added to the three.

“Tell them to leave,” Kieu Kieu said her voice lowered.

“Bat Kieu Kieu,” May Tuyet said, and her voice highly dangerous “I would truly like to know whether or not you still think of me as your overlord.”

“Tieu Tho,” Bat Kieu Kieu said immediately kneeling as though she’d done something sinful and the other twenty girls followed her gesture, “I wouldn’t dare.”

“Okay then,” May Tuyet said her voice calming, “go back and tell your mistress that I will stay until I wish to return. In a few days, someone will return bearing my news. Do you understand?”

“Yes Tieu Tho.” Kieu Kieu said still looking at the ground.

“Then leave.” May Tuyet said icily.

The twenty-one girls bowed their heads respectfully and slowly left the room, no one laying an eye on the young mistress or her armaments. May Tuyet turned to the three men still standing at the door.

“Why not sit?” May Tuyet asked as she did so. “I’m not planning to invite you to.”

The three young men sat at a table in the far corner and there was silence. After a while, one of them (Julien Cheung) spoke.

“I wonder who they are?” He said, “Thien Long,” he said to the tallest male, (Louis Koo), “Do you know who they are?”

“I don’t know.” Thien Long replied.

~~~~~*~~~~~*~~~~~

Ten minutes later…

“It’s time to go,” Gieng Thanh (Gilbert Lam) said.

They nodded to each other and stood up. May Tuyet’s eyes lingered over to the three of them, then back to Thi Nhu and Tam Nhu.

“Let’s go,” May Tuyet announced.

Thi Nhu and Tam Nhu nodded and they all stood up May Tuyet left a rock shaped piece of silver on the table and they all walked towards the door and met up with the other three men. May Tuyet gave them the tiniest glance as Thien Long’s eyes lingered to the pearl on her head.

When they reached outside the door each went their own way not knowing that they would soon be meeting again.

Yay, Louis finally appear!!! Gigi and Louis would make a cute couple Update soon.

Jeh- Yeah, I hope that Thien Long and May Tuyet will do well. In this chapter however they don't seem to get along.

Chapter 5 Meeting Again

Gigi Lai as Nguyen May Tuyet
    Louis Koo as Truong Thien Long
    Ekin Cheung as Ly Trien Son
    …And more!

May Tuyet, Thi Nhu and Tam Nhu stood at the end of the forest and at the entrance of the manor. May Tuyet had a rather annoyed look on her face. She was still extremely vexed about Kieu Kieu’s appearance even if she hadn’t shown it then. Her body was sending of dangerous vibrations that Tam Nhu and Thi Nhu knew not to mess with. They remembered only too well what had happened to the last palace maiden that crossed the young mistress’s path when she was angry; that girl was never heard from again.

“Tieu Tho,” Tam Nhu said cautiously, “Someone’s coming.”

Sang Nhi and Hu Luong landed on the floor nearby and May Tuyet gave them a look of pure loathing and smiled almost savagely.

“And you would like?” She asked coldly and calmly.

“To teach you a lesson,” Sang Nhi answered.

“Like last time?” May Tuyet asked, lifting an eyebrow.

Then before they said anymore, May Tuyet twisted both her hands like a flower turning and flicked a liquid towards Sang Nhi with her right hand. The liquid entered her body as she fell to the ground but this time she was not unconscious instead she was squinting her eyes as pain soared through her body.

“Sang Nhi!” Hu Luong cried rushing over to her and then with a glare at May Tuyet he launched for her with his sword.

Thi Nhu and Tam Nhu where about to go out but before they could, May Tuyet had already snapped Hu Luong’s sword and was about to hit him with her internal power when her palm went up against someone else’s. Extremely annoyed and clearly livid, May Tuyet turned to see who the interfering person was inn went face to face with the young man that she had met at the inn earlier. His power was spectacular.

Then she and Thien Long removed their palms without either showing any sign of victory, exhaust or defeat.

“Co Nuong,” Thien Long said, speaking to her in a polite tone even though he was only looking at the side of her veiled face; she had her arms behind her back with an impatient look in her eyes.

“The energy that you put into that was enough to paralyse him for life,” Thien Long said. “I think that neither Sang Nhi or Hu Luong did anything wrong enough to deserve that.”

May Tuyet smirked and turned to look at Thien Long right in the eye.

“What I do is none of your business.” She said coldly.

Thien Long said nothing and held her gaze.

“I’m afraid it is if it involves a life of another human being.” He replied softly.

They said nothing and continued to gaze into each other’s eyes with determination. Thien Long had never held gaze with someone with such coldness and arrogance in her eyes, and she looked to be younger than him. Her internal power had been incredible, but they seemed to be in cruel hands. Yet, somehow, he thought that she had another layer underneath this cold shell.

“You want me to give the antidote over.” May Tuyet said breaking the silence after a while. It wasn’t a question.

“Sang Nhi was poisoned by you.” Thien Long said reasonably.

Just then Sang Nhi stirred and woke up. She looked around to see Thien Long had arrived and was staring eye in eye with her new foe. They seemed to make up the perfect couple, both with authority, intelligence and power. Jealousy stirred through her heart immediately.Hu Luong was rushing over to help her up.

“Cong tu,” Sang Nhi greeted standing up straight without Hu Luong’s support, “Don’t worry about me. Last time she said that she poisoned me too.”

“Wrong,” May Tuyet said smiling her eyes leaving Thien Long’s for the first time in minutes, “Last time I never said I poisoned you because I hadn’t this time I have. But this time, I have. If you don’t believe me then try taking a few steps.”

Sang Nhi stared into the cold determined eyes of May Tuyet and reconsidered. But as she looked over at Thien Long, she was reminded of her thought from before and a reckless daring took over her. She showed a superior look on her face determined to prove May Tuyet wrong as she took a step. As soon as she done so blood poured out of her mouth and she collapsed to the floor May Tuyet looked at her expressionlessly and spoke calmly:

“The poison that you have through your body at the moment was ejected from the petal of the Snow Lotus. It is a enchantingly beautiful flower with a wondrous scent. Unfortunately, it only blooms once every five years and only lives in three different places in the world. There is only one antidote for the poison, and it lies in a remedy.” She spoke as though to a room packed with students, all about to learn. Then she turned to her maids. “Thi Nhu Tam Nhu, you two stay here while I’m gone.”

“Co Nuong,” Thien Long Long said as he saw her turn to leave, “the antidote—“

“Is here,” May Tuyet said holding up a black jar, her cool voice rising slightly. “But I’m not going to save her so let’s see how you go.”

“Co Nuong if you don’t hand over the antidote then please forgive me for my lack of courtesy.”

May Tuyet raised her eyebrows and slipped the antidote back in her sleeve then raised an arm to welcomed his ‘lack of courtesy’. Thien Long picked a stick of a tree and held it in position as he gestured May Tuyet to go first. May Tuyet launched into the air and Thien Long followed her gesture.

A large quantity of ice water escaped from her wrist and was headed for Thien Long’s direction. He quickly deflected them with his stick and sent a ray of his energy towards her direction. May Tuyet used her nidex and middle finger to quickly pause the rays travel in mid air.

The fight appeared equally matched as both landed on the floor even if neither of them were fighting anywhere near their full strength. Then they both lunched into the air again. When they came close for in range combat, it ended however with May Tuyet snatching Thien Long’s stick and Thien Long grabbing May Tuyet’s veil.

May Tuyet spun around in a circle as she landed and when she’d finished spinning, everyone there was able to take a look at her breathtaking beauty. Hu Luong’s eyes were wide open with awe, Tu Bach, Giang Thanh and Tri Lam whom has just entered the scene were gaping at her almost, but Thien Long however looked at her as though she was just any other person.

May Tuyet Tuyet inhaled the soft fragrance that had only just appeared around her and said nothing. Her face was a deadly calm and her mood had returned to normal.

“Tieu Tho …” Thi Nhu and Tam Nhu began with concern as they stepped towards her but May Tuyet raised her left arm to silence them. Her right arm was holding the stick.

“Cong Tu,” May Tuyet said turning to him with a blank face and a cool voice, “It seems as though you’ve managed to take hold of the veil on my face and not the antidote.”

“Co Nuong,” Thien Long said politely, “I apologise.”

“Do we need to continue our fight?” May Tuyet asked as though she were offering him to stay for lunch.

“You’ve both fought enough,” said a male voice and Ly Trien Son appeared as a gust of wind blew by.

“Su Phu,” Thien Long greeted walking over to him.

“Trang Chu,” Hu Luong, Tu Bach, Tri Lam and Gieng Thanh greeted.

“Ly Trang Chu,” May Tuyet said smiling, “your way of greeting a guest certainly is interesting.”

Trieng Song smiled politely, “Nguyen co nuong my people meant no harm. Please, come this way.”

He politely gestured her towards his meditation room and she began walking.

“Trang Chu,” Tu Bach said, “but Sang Nhi…”

Trien Son took out a round marble remedy and placed it in Sang Nhi’s mouth. The area now had a strange scent.

“Nguyen, Nguyen bao tam don (treasured internal energy),” May Tuyet muttered with a thoughtful expression. But as Thien Long Long looked her way, the expression vanished as quickly as it had come.

Then without saying anything else she continued her path towards the room.

~~~~~*~~~~~*~~~~~

“Ly Trien Son,” May Tuyet said expressionlessly, “Have you finished the letter?”

Trien Son handed her a box and spoke.

“Nguyen co nuong,” He said as May Tuyet accepted the box and held it, “have you ever wondered about the relationship that I have with your mother?”

“I have no right to interfere with Cung Chua’s life,” May Tuyet answered, her chin high, “But I can vouch that you have a very close link to Thuy Lien Cung.”

“Why would you say that?”

“She sent me personally to deliver a message to you and you bear the medication ‘Nguyen, Nguyen bao tam don,’ one of the three heavenly, treasure of our palace.
    The Manor traps of yours are very similar to mine. And if I’m not much mistaken, you know more about me than I do.”

“You’re very observant, even if you don’t mention it to anyone.” Trien Son said softly.

“Well growing up in Thuy Lien Cung, your senses would pick up something.” She replied.

May Tuyet paused for a moment and stared at the person before her. He reminded her a lot of someone.

“Ly Trang Chu,” May Tuyet said after a while, “did you know that three men tried to break into The Water Palace a few days ago.”

~~~~*~~~~~*~~~~

“Thien Long,” Gieng Thanh said walking up to him and looking into the forest, “you’ve fought that Co Nuong who do you think she is?”

“The was she fought gave away nothing of her true identity,” Thien Long said thoughtfully crossing his arms, “but from what we saw today I believe that she may be a person from Thuy Lien Cung.”

“Thuy Lien Cung?” Gieng Thank repeated, “They never interfere with the Pugilistic world’s business and no one knows anything about them other then the fact that one hundred years ago the palace mysteriously appeared using Minh Lieng Chan Phap (Moonlight sacred Kung Fu) to rule over Vo Lam.”

“But ten years later their Palace mysteriously vanished and after that no one heard of them again,” Tri Lam finished. “Thien Long, who do you think that she came from Thuy Lien Cung?”

“When we met them in the inn the other girls seemed dead afraid of her and she had orchids.”

“What’s wrong with orchids?” Gieng Thanh asked.

“The orchid and pearl is the symbol representing Thuy Lieng Cung,” Thien Long said, “The pearl shows a higher rank then the orchid. Only two people are allowed to wear pearls in Thuy Lieng Cung.”

“And who are they?”

“Cung Chua and Thanh Nu,” answered a melodic and commanding voice, “You’re a very good observer.”

May Tuyet had come back and with much more cheerful then before as though none of the passing events had happened. She was talking to Thien Long as Tam Nhu and Thi Nhu came towards her.

“And you’ve got the wrong information,” May Tuyet said with an amused smile that caused most men around her stare as though in a trance, “The pearl can also represent those protecting the founders tomb. The only thing that represents the Thanh Nu is the white sapphire butterfly and the Long Chau. Cung Chua is represented by the jade butterfly. The only thing that represents them both is Minh Lieng Chau Phap and the colours gold and silver.” She turned towards Thi Nhu and Tam Nhu as her lecture finished, “Let’s go.”

As she passed Sang Nhi she stopped. The tossed a remedy towards her which Hu Luong caught.

“Let her drink this she’ll wake up quicker,” May Tuyet said walking away.

~~~~~*~~~~~*~~~~~

“Su Phu,” Thien Long greeted, “Someone said you wished to see me?”

“That’s right I want you to go find something for me.” Trien Son said calmly.

~~~~~*~~~~~*~~~~~

“And,” Trien Son said, “You may meet Nguyen May Tuyet of Thuy Lien Cung in the way. Do not try anything in front of her and don’t let her know what you’re doing.”

“Yes, Su phu,” Thien Long replied.

~~~~~*~~~~~*~~~~~

“Thanh Nu,” Thi Nhu asked as they closed the door to her room, “What do we do now?”

“Thi Nhu,” May Tuyet said her autority taking over, “you take this back to Thuy Lien Cung and Tam Nhu you follow me.”

“Thanh Nu,” Thi Nhu began, “If Cung Chua asks where you are what do I say?”

“If they ask then tell them I’m going towards the south to see the scenery. But only answer if Cung Chua or Ngoc Yen asks, with anyone else just ignore them.”

“Yes, Thanh nu,” Thi Nhu said nodding.

“Tam Nhu,” May Tuyet slightly tilting her head in Tam Nhu’s direction, “We’re going to disguise ourselves as boys to attract less attention.”

“Yes, Thanh Nu.” Tam Nhu said.

~~~~~*~~~~~*~~~~~

May Tuyet walked towards the dock arms behind her back in a pure white with gold trimmed outfit. It was a males dress and overcoat. Her hair was simply half up and she looked like a beautiful male with feminine features.

“Excuse me,” She yelled at the huge ship cheerfully. She was in a very good mood.

A mariner dressed in peasant clothes came out.

“What would you like, cong tu?” he asked.

“Are we able to hire your boat?”

“I am sorry but it had already been hired,” the mariner replied.

“The we’ll find another one?” Tam Nhu asked. She too was dressed as a male.

May Tuyet nodded and smiled. Just as they were about to leave, a familiar voice was heard from the boat.

“What’s wrong?” it asked and looked at May Tuyet. Her smile vanished so quickly that it was like it was never there.

Thien Long was looking down at a prosperous looking young man that had a cold expression on his feminine looking face. He was obviously a girl faking to be a boy and she looked very familiar. His companion was looking from Thien Long to his master with an expression that said ‘Oh No.’

“They wanted to borrow ships,” the mariner informed.

“We could take them a mile to where they wish to go…” Thien Long said and then turned to them.

“There’s no need for that,” May Tuyet said coldly looking up at him, “we can find our own boat thanks.”

With that she left. Thien Long shrugged and turned to the mariner, “let the ship run.”

“Yes, sir.”

The ship slowly left the dock and set towards the south meeting up with the setting sun. They seemed to have had set off at a peculiar time

I wonder why is May Tuyet so happy and what did Trien Son said to Thien Long. Update soon.

Hi! When are you gonig to update?
    Last edited by ccsakura; 08-31-03 at 05:42 AM.

Default Chapter 5 Meeting again

Chapter 5 Meeting Again

Ekin Cheung as Ly Trien Son
    …And more!

~~~~* *~~~~

May Tuyet, Thi Nhu and Tam Nhu stood at the end of the forest and at the entrance of the manor. May Tuyet had a rather annoyed look on her face. She was still extremely vexed about Kieu Kieu’s appearance even if she hadn’t shown it then. Her body was sending of dangerous vibrations that Tam Nhu and Thi Nhu knew not to mess with. They remembered only too well what had happened to the last palace maiden that crossed the young mistress’s path when she was angry; that girl was never heard from again.

“Tieu Tho,” Tam Nhu said cautiously, “Someone’s coming.”

Sang Nhi and Hu Luong landed on the floor nearby and May Tuyet gave them a look of pure loathing and smiled almost savagely.

“And you would like?” She asked coldly and calmly.

“To teach you a lesson,” Sang Nhi answered.

“Like last time?” May Tuyet asked, lifting an eyebrow.

Then before they said anymore, May Tuyet twisted both her hands like a flower turning and flicked a liquid towards Sang Nhi with her right hand. The liquid entered her body as she fell to the ground but this time she was not unconscious instead she was squinting her eyes as pain soared through her body.

“Sang Nhi!” Hu Luong cried rushing over to her and then with a glare at May Tuyet he launched for her with his sword.

Thi Nhu and Tam Nhu where about to go out but before they could, May Tuyet had already snapped Hu Luong’s sword and was about to hit him with her internal power when her palm went up against someone else’s. Extremely annoyed and clearly livid, May Tuyet turned to see who the interfering person was inn went face to face with the young man that she had met at the inn earlier. His power was spectacular.

Then she and Thien Long removed their palms without either showing any sign of victory, exhaust or defeat.

“Co Nuong,” Thien Long said, speaking to her in a polite tone even though he was only looking at the side of her veiled face; she had her arms behind her back with an impatient look in her eyes.

“The energy that you put into that was enough to paralyse him for life,” Thien Long said. “I think that neither Sang Nhi or Hu Luong did anything wrong enough to deserve that.”

May Tuyet smirked and turned to look at Thien Long right in the eye.

“What I do is none of your business.” She said coldly.

Thien Long said nothing and held her gaze.

“I’m afraid it is if it involves a life of another human being.” He replied softly.

They said nothing and continued to gaze into each other’s eyes with determination. Thien Long had never held gaze with someone with such coldness and arrogance in her eyes, and she looked to be younger than him. Her internal power had been incredible, but they seemed to be in cruel hands. Yet, somehow, he thought that she had another layer underneath this cold shell.

“You want me to give the antidote over.” May Tuyet said breaking the silence after a while. It wasn’t a question.

“Sang Nhi was poisoned by you.” Thien Long said reasonably.

Just then Sang Nhi stirred and woke up. She looked around to see Thien Long had arrived and was staring eye in eye with her new foe. They seemed to make up the perfect couple, both with authority, intelligence and power. Jealousy stirred through her heart immediately.Hu Luong was rushing over to help her up.

“Cong tu,” Sang Nhi greeted standing up straight without Hu Luong’s support, “Don’t worry about me. Last time she said that she poisoned me too.”

“Wrong,” May Tuyet said smiling her eyes leaving Thien Long’s for the first time in minutes, “Last time I never said I poisoned you because I hadn’t this time I have. But this time, I have. If you don’t believe me then try taking a few steps.”

Sang Nhi stared into the cold determined eyes of May Tuyet and reconsidered. But as she looked over at Thien Long, she was reminded of her thought from before and a reckless daring took over her. She showed a superior look on her face determined to prove May Tuyet wrong as she took a step. As soon as she done so blood poured out of her mouth and she collapsed to the floor May Tuyet looked at her expressionlessly and spoke calmly:

“The poison that you have through your body at the moment was ejected from the petal of the Snow Lotus. It is a enchantingly beautiful flower with a wondrous scent. Unfortunately, it only blooms once every five years and only lives in three different places in the world. There is only one antidote for the poison, and it lies in a remedy.” She spoke as though to a room packed with students, all about to learn. Then she turned to her maids. “Thi Nhu Tam Nhu, you two stay here while I’m gone.”

“Co Nuong,” Thien Long Long said as he saw her turn to leave, “the antidote—“

“Is here,” May Tuyet said holding up a black jar, her cool voice rising slightly. “But I’m not going to save her so let’s see how you go.”

“Co Nuong if you don’t hand over the antidote then please forgive me for my lack of courtesy.”

May Tuyet raised her eyebrows and slipped the antidote back in her sleeve then raised an arm to welcomed his ‘lack of courtesy’. Thien Long picked a stick of a tree and held it in position as he gestured May Tuyet to go first. May Tuyet launched into the air and Thien Long followed her gesture.

A large quantity of ice water escaped from her wrist and was headed for Thien Long’s direction. He quickly deflected them with his stick and sent a ray of his energy towards her direction. May Tuyet used her nidex and middle finger to quickly pause the rays travel in mid air.

The fight appeared equally matched as both landed on the floor even if neither of them were fighting anywhere near their full strength. Then they both lunched into the air again. When they came close for in range combat, it ended however with May Tuyet snatching Thien Long’s stick and Thien Long grabbing May Tuyet’s veil.

May Tuyet spun around in a circle as she landed and when she’d finished spinning, everyone there was able to take a look at her breathtaking beauty. Hu Luong’s eyes were wide open with awe, Tu Bach, Giang Thanh and Tri Lam whom has just entered the scene were gaping at her almost, but Thien Long however looked at her as though she was just any other person.

May Tuyet Tuyet inhaled the soft fragrance that had only just appeared around her and said nothing. Her face was a deadly calm and her mood had returned to normal.

“Tieu Tho …” Thi Nhu and Tam Nhu began with concern as they stepped towards her but May Tuyet raised her left arm to silence them. Her right arm was holding the stick.

“Cong Tu,” May Tuyet said turning to him with a blank face and a cool voice, “It seems as though you’ve managed to take hold of the veil on my face and not the antidote.”

“Co Nuong,” Thien Long said politely, “I apologise.”

“Do we need to continue our fight?” May Tuyet asked as though she were offering him to stay for lunch.

“You’ve both fought enough,” said a male voice and Ly Trien Son appeared as a gust of wind blew by.

“Su Phu,” Thien Long greeted walking over to him.

“Trang Chu,” Hu Luong, Tu Bach, Tri Lam and Gieng Thanh greeted.

“Ly Trang Chu,” May Tuyet said smiling, “your way of greeting a guest certainly is interesting.”

Trieng Song smiled politely, “Nguyen co nuong my people meant no harm. Please, come this way.”

He politely gestured her towards his meditation room and she began walking.

“Trang Chu,” Tu Bach said, “but Sang Nhi…”

Trien Son took out a round marble remedy and placed it in Sang Nhi’s mouth. The area now had a strange scent.

“Nguyen, Nguyen bao tam don (treasured internal energy),” May Tuyet muttered with a thoughtful expression. But as Thien Long Long looked her way, the expression vanished as quickly as it had come.

Then without saying anything else she continued her path towards the room.

~~~~* *~~~~

“Ly Trien Son,” May Tuyet said expressionlessly, “Have you finished the letter?”

Trien Son handed her a box and spoke.

“Nguyen co nuong,” He said as May Tuyet accepted the box and held it, “have you ever wondered about the relationship that I have with your mother?”

“I have no right to interfere with Cung Chua’s life,” May Tuyet answered, her chin high, “But I can vouch that you have a very close link to Thuy Lien Cung.”

“Why would you say that?”

“She sent me personally to deliver a message to you and you bear the medication ‘Nguyen, Nguyen bao tam don,’ one of the three heavenly, treasure of our palace.
    The Manor traps of yours are very similar to mine. And if I’m not much mistaken, you know more about me than I do.”

“You’re very observant, even if you don’t mention it to anyone.” Trien Son said softly.

“Well growing up in Thuy Lien Cung, your senses would pick up something.” She replied.

May Tuyet paused for a moment and stared at the person before her. He reminded her a lot of someone.

“Ly Trang Chu,” May Tuyet said after a while, “did you know that three men tried to break into The Water Palace a few days ago.”

~~~~* *~~~~

“Thien Long,” Gieng Thanh said walking up to him and looking into the forest, “you’ve fought that Co Nuong who do you think she is?”

“The was she fought gave away nothing of her true identity,” Thien Long said thoughtfully crossing his arms, “but from what we saw today I believe that she may be a person from Thuy Lien Cung.”

“Thuy Lien Cung?” Gieng Thank repeated, “They never interfere with the Pugilistic world’s business and no one knows anything about them other then the fact that one hundred years ago the palace mysteriously appeared using Minh Lieng Chan Phap (Moonlight sacred Kung Fu) to rule over Vo Lam.”

“But ten years later their Palace mysteriously vanished and after that no one heard of them again,” Tri Lam finished. “Thien Long, who do you think that she came from Thuy Lien Cung?”

“When we met them in the inn the other girls seemed dead afraid of her and she had orchids.”

“What’s wrong with orchids?” Gieng Thanh asked.

“The orchid and pearl is the symbol representing Thuy Lienlook Cung,” Thien Long said, “The pearl shows a higher rank then the orchid. Only two people are allowed to wear pearls in Thuy Lien Cung.”

“And who are they?”

“Cung Chua and Thanh Nu,” answered a melodic and commanding voice, “You’re a very good observer.”

May Tuyet had come back and with much more cheerful then before as though none of the passing events had happened. She was talking to Thien Long as Tam Nhu and Thi Nhu came towards her.

“And you’ve got the wrong information,” May Tuyet said with an amused smile that caused most men around her stare as though in a trance, “The pearl can also represent those protecting the founders tomb. The only thing that represents the Thanh Nu is the white sapphire butterfly and the Long Chau. Cung Chua is represented by the jade butterfly. The only thing that represents them both is Minh Lien Chan Phap and the colours gold and silver.” She turned towards Thi Nhu and Tam Nhu as her lecture finished, “Let’s go.”

As she passed Sang Nhi she stopped. The tossed a remedy towards her which Hu Luong caught.

“Let her drink this she’ll wake up quicker,” May Tuyet said walking away.

~~~~* *~~~~

“Su Phu,” Thien Long greeted, “Someone said you wished to see me?”

“That’s right I want you to go find something for me.” Trien Son said calmly.

~~~~* *~~~~

“And,” Trien Son said, “You may meet Nguyen May Tuyet of Thuy Lien Cung in the way. Do not try anything in front of her and don’t let her know what you’re doing.”

“Yes, Su phu,” Thien Long replied.

~~~~* *~~~~

“Thanh Nu,” Thi Nhu asked as they closed the door to her room, “What do we do now?”

“Thi Nhu,” May Tuyet said her autority taking over, “you take this back to Thuy Lien Cung and Tam Nhu you follow me.”

“Thanh Nu,” Thi Nhu began, “If Cung Chua asks where you are what do I say?”

“If they ask then tell them I’m going towards the south to see the scenery. But only answer if Cung Chua or Ngoc Yen asks, with anyone else just ignore them.”

“Yes, Thanh nu,” Thi Nhu said nodding.

“Tam Nhu,” May Tuyet slightly tilting her head in Tam Nhu’s direction, “We’re going to disguise ourselves as boys to attract less attention.”

“Yes, Thanh Nu.” Tam Nhu said.

~~~~* *~~~~

May Tuyet walked towards the dock arms behind her back in a pure white with gold trimmed outfit. It was a males dress and overcoat. Her hair was simply half up and she looked like a beautiful male with feminine features.

“Excuse me,” She yelled at the huge ship cheerfully. She was in a very good mood.

A mariner dressed in peasant clothes came out.

“What would you like, cong tu?” he asked.

“Are we able to hire your boat?”

“I am sorry but it had already been hired,” the mariner replied.

“The we’ll find another one?” Tam Nhu asked. She too was dressed as a male.

May Tuyet nodded and smiled. Just as they were about to leave, a familiar voice was heard from the boat.

“What’s wrong?” it asked and looked at May Tuyet. Her smile vanished so quickly that it was like it was never there.

Thien Long was looking down at a prosperous looking young man that had a cold expression on his feminine looking face. He was obviously a girl faking to be a boy and she looked very familiar. His companion was looking from Thien Long to his master with an expression that said ‘Oh No.’

“They wanted to borrow ships,” the mariner informed.

“We could take them a mile to where they wish to go…” Thien Long said and then turned to them.

“There’s no need for that,” May Tuyet said coldly looking up at him, “we can find our own boat thanks.”

With that she left. Thien Long shrugged and turned to the mariner, “let the ship run.”

“Yes, sir.”

The ship slowly left the dock and set towards the south meeting up with the setting sun. They seemed to have had set off at a peculiar time

Default Chapter 6- Tsunami

Helena Tam as Tan Sang Nhi
    Steven Ma- Tan Tu Bach

~~~~* *~~~~

“Are you sure you’re alright?” Sang Nhi asked Tu Bach with a concerned voice.

“He’s seasick,” Thien Long, “he’ll be alright.”

“If I knew this was going to happen I would have stayed home,” Tu Bach said smiling weakly. He looked very pale.

“You’ll be fine in a few days,” Thien Long informed checking his pulse and standing up again, “It sometimes takes people a few days to adjust to the sea currents.”

The three of them were crowded in a room of the ship. Outside thunder could be heard clashing and the wind was rocking the boat continuously to a side.

“It’s raining very hard,” Sang Nhi said shivering slightly due to the weather.

“I’ll go-” Thien Long was cut off as the wind blew so hard, it rocked the ship roughly side to side.

Thunder clashed and destroyed a sailing pole outside as he ran up to the main deck. The bits of the pole flew everywhere knocking people into the water. Sailors jumped into the sea one by one and the boat fell apart bit by bit.

~~~~* *~~~~

The next day, a large ship came sailing through the sea. It was caught by continuous chunks of wood that slightly caused a disturbance in the transport’s smooth travel. A figure of a feminine young man came towards the edge of the main deck and looked around. There in the sea as an image of a person in the water unconscious holding onto a chunk of wood to stay afloat.

“Rear them in,” May Tuyet ordered.

~~~~* *~~~~

“Tan cong tu,” Tam Nhu said as she saw him slowly wake up, “are you feeling alight?”

“Tam Nhu co nuong?” Tu Bach asked in realisation.

“You’re lucky that you were picked up by the mariners,” Tam Nhu informed him as she took the damp cloth of his forehead and headed over to the table. “And even more lucky that tieu tho let you stay on the ship.”

“Where’s my sister?” Tu Bach asked, remembering last night’s events. “And what about Thien Long?”

“Don’t worry,” Tam Nhu assured, “she’s in the room next door and Truong cong tu is up on the main deck.

“Can I go see them?” Tu Bach asked weakly.

“No; not yet,” Tam Nhu replied and picked up a bowl on the table that had a dark brown liquid in it. “You have to drink this first, it gets rid of seasickness.”

~~~~* *~~~~

“Cong tu,” Tu Bach said as he’d gotten onto the deck, ‘what should we do now?”

Thien Long looked thoughtful for a while as he thought. Finally he came up with a reply.

“There’s nothing we can do now but wait.”

Just then, May Tuyet came up onto the main deck. She wore a simple white dress covered with a petticoat that had a silver trim. Her hair was simply half up with a halo running across it. The halo was made of tiny pearls that were spaced equally 5cm away form each other. Dangling 5cm down from the side of her temples were two white sapphire butterflies. She looked as beautiful as an angel and had at that moment a calm and serene face.

Tu Bach looked very surprised to see her but unlike last time; he did not stare in awe. Thien Long nodded politely to her and she returned the nod before walking to the other side of the boat.

“She seems ah- kinder today,” Tu Bach said blankly.

“Tieu tho isn’t as bad as you think,” Tam Nhu informed as she came up onto the deck with Sang Nhi.

“Tam Nhu co nuong,” Thien Long greeted, “Sang Nhi.”

But Sang Nhi didn’t seem to hear the young master, she was talking.

“Impossible, if she’s not that bad than why would she try to kill me twice?”

“Sang Nhi co nuong,” Tam Nhu said smiling, “that is where you are wrong. When my tieu tho wants someone dead, they will be dead.” Tam Nhu looked over at May Tuyet’s lone figure.

“She may have a dangerous aura and tends to keep herself away from others,” Tam Nhu said looking at Thien Long, Sang Nhi, and Tu Bach, “but the truth is she really is quite nice.”

Fishermen passed below. Each of them pointing at her and staring in awe. But the Thanh Nu’s (sacred maiden’s) thoughts seemed elsewhere. After awhile, she waked over to the four of them.

“Tam Nhu,” May Tuyet said once she’d reached them, “I want the mariners prepared for tonight’s storm. It’s going to be a large one.”

“Yes tieu tho,” Tam Nhu said curtsying.

May Tuyet nodded to them all and went back down onto the lower decks.

‘How does she know,” Sang Nhi asked once May Tuyet was gone.

“About the storm?” Tam Nhu asked in return, “I think it’s because she was watching the sky and fishermen. And the weather’s too calm from last night too… she must have figured it out.”

~~~~* *~~~~

Later that night, winds blew and thunders clashed. Rains poured and clouds collided. The once peaceful ocean was alive and full of vengeance as it smashed itself against the wooden ship. Slowly, the boat began falling to pieces and figures began jumping of the ship hoping to swim towards safety…

~~~~* *~~~

The sunlight shone magically against the glittering waves, Scattered pieces of wood were lying everywhere against the damp sand of the beach. Nearby was a prosperous looking young man lying on his stomach. As a bird soared over him, he began to stir.

Thien Long rolled over and squinted his eyes against the sunlight. He looked around at the scattered boat pieces and caught sight of a white figure lying a few metres away. Thien Long pulled himself up and ran over to see who it was as his navy blue robe fluttered behind him.

As he leant down to have a look at the figure, it turned out to be a barely ruffled May Tuyet. Her hair was laid evenly across her back like a waterfall. Her clothes, hair, and halo looked fine. There was no way anyone would have ever guessed she’d just came out of a ship wreck.

“May Tuyet co nuong,” Thien Long called gently, too polite to touch her. “May Tuyet co nuong.”

May Tuyet stirred and opened her eyes. She was greeted insight by Thien Long’s worried expression. She got up and brushed tiny specks of sand off her white robe.

“How are the others?” May Tuyet asked in a voice not at all concerned.

“I don’t know,” Thien Long answered looking around. At that moment they heard a scream and both ran to meet the causer of it.

Their search led them to the forest and lying on the ground at that moment was a man dead.

“He’s poisoned.” May Tuyet informed calmly.

Thien Long looked cautiously around the area. There was no sign that any other person was around so the source of the poison must have been from an animal or plant.

“The poison’s from a snake,” May Tuyet continued looking around also.

There was no point in asking how she knew. Thien Long knew how. Being of Thuy Lien Cung (Water Palace), she would have learnt all the skills required to survive in the pugilist world. But the extent to her knowledge was incredible for a person who had never been heard of by the warrior realm.

“I think we’re on a very dangerous island,” May Tuyet commented dryly.

~~~~* *~~~~

Thien Long and May Tuyet continued their walk through the forest of the island barely speaking a word to each other. Each had their guard up and was watching the area with caution. Their search led them to a small cave under a waterfall.

“I don’t think that Sang Nhi, Tu Bach, or Tam Nhu co nuong are in there.” Thien Long said to May Tuyet and was about to turn around when she spoke also.

“Someone’s in there.”

Thien Long looked at her quickly before turning into the cave also. Yes…he could hear the slight sound of breathing that echoed throughout the cave. The sound was so inaudible that it must have belonged to someone with incredible power. If he himself had not been anxious to make sure that the others were okay, he would have missed it completely.

“He’s strong,” May Tuyet commented as she walked into the cave. “Very strong.”

“May Tuyet co nuong,” Thien Long said quickly, “it would be dangerous for you to go…”

May Tuyet ignored the warning and continued. After awhile, she met complete darkness. Obviously she was in quite deep.

“May Tuyet co nuong,” Thien Long’s voice sounded in the dark.

May Tuyet was startled but she didn’t show it. She had not known that he had followed her in. She hadn’t even heard his footsteps behind her all that time. Not that she thought he would follow, firstly was because she didn’t think he was courageous enough too, and secondly because from the way he acted, she would have thought he would hate her…

‘Maybe I judge just a little too quickly,’ May Tuyet thought to herself.

“Yes Truong cong tu,” May Tuyet said after a while.

“We’re reaching near the heart of the cave,” He replied. “If we’re not careful, something might happen.”

May Tuyet nodded knowing that he could not see in the darkness and continued her path. After a short while, they did reach the heart of the cave. Looking around, May Tuyet saw that there was no light here and felt Thien Long come to stand next to her. Actually, she corrected herself, there was light. A small, very tiny hole was at the top of the cave reflecting the water. It wasn’t much, but at least they could see faint outlines now.

The breathing had stopped as they reached the ending section alerting the pair more than ever. Just when there seemed to be nothing, a harsh voice spoke.

“Who are you?!” It was a masculine voice and seemed to belong to an old man. There was no direction for where the sound came from, it seemed to be everywhere.

“Tien Boi (Elder),” Thien Long said respectfully cupping his hands together. “We mean no harm. We were only here because due to curiosity to the owner of the breathing on a deserted island.”

“So you were led here,” The old voice seemed to be calmed by the answer slightly. “You were able to know that there was someone in the cage when I had purposely made sure that there was no noise made. Tell me, who are you? Where are you from?”

“Elder,” Thien Long began respectfully looking around the cave, “I am Truong Thien Long of the Million Sworded Manor, and this is-”

Thien Long stopped as he felt May Tuyet shake her head beside him. Clearly she did not want to tell this old man who she was.

“Well,” the voice barked, “who is she?”

“How do you know I’m female?” May Tuyet asked, her voice commanding and haughty despite of their situation with unknown company.

“Who else would have a floral scent?” The voice answered rudely, “And you aren’t here to ask me questions, you’re here to answer mine.”

“And what happens if we don’t?” May Tuyet asked in return.

Thien Long stopped looking around for a moment. He had found where the old voice was coming from and it hadn’t realised that he had. He looked away and began studying the area in which he was at.

“You’ll answer to this!” A snake flew out from nowhere aiming itself at May Tuyet. Before it had a chance to reach her however, she had thrown a sheet of her energy at it and it dropped to the ground dead.

“You were the one that killed that sailor,” May Tuyet said, her voice sounding rather sly.

Thien Long racked his brains for memory trying to figure out who this person was. That would take a while however because these few years had been marked with disappearances of respectful warriors older than him by half a century even.

“That poor man mustn’t have even known what had hit him,” She continued with no pity in her voice. “Isn’t that sad? But then, you seem to be afraid to come out of the shadow… perhaps that’s sadder.” She added, and felt satisfied by the growl of anger.

Another flash of energy appeared from somewhere in the cave and was meant for May Tuyet. The young woman however deflected it once again with her own energy.

May Tuyet felt a hand hold her arm back and saw Thien Long shake his head. It was a warning, he had figured out who this man was.

“Let’s get out of here,” Thien Long said quietly.

May Tuyet took her arm back and shook her head. Quite easily, she took her arm from his gentle grip and pointed her finger at the tree at the far end of the cave. Thien Long looked at it. There, hanging from one of the branches barely visible was an unconscious human… and it was wearing white.

‘She wants to save them?’ Thien Long asked silently.

“But it doesn’t matter where you’re hiding.” May Tuyet continued as though she had not been interrupted and was now walking around the cave. “Could I give a guess who you are though?” She paused as though waiting for a reply. When none came, she continued. “You were once a very powerful pugilist of the volam world. But then, you made the mistake twenty years ago of trying to find a secret sect that had been hidden long ago in the very centre of the pugilist world. You were punished by them, and punished severely. You lost your sight, and your ability to walk. Am I right?” A second growl of anger confirmed any doubt she may have had. “Not only is that the case, after they had punctured your seven major points, you would not have been able to use your kung fu for ten straight years. And then, they banished you onto a deserted island that was rumoured to be fatal to all those who stepped foot on it. Isn’t this retribution worst than death?”

The voice growled again. This time it had more venom in its voice.

“Who told you this?”

May Tuyet smiled in a satisfied way and Thien Long looked at her carefully, waiting for an unexpected attack to occur from out of nowhere.

“Life’s strange isn’t it?” She continued, almost as though she were going to ignore his question. “You were banished here by an eighteen year old maiden, and then twenty years later, you meet the daughter of that same maiden.”

There was silence in the cave that seemed everlasting.

“You’re her daughter?” The old man said, finally breaking the silence.

May Tuyet smiled brilliantly with a victorious aura.

“I’m Nguyen May Tuyet.”