+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 38

Thread: Heroine of the Yangs I-II

  1. #1
    Moderator Suet Seung's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Posts
    13,949

    Default Heroine of the Yangs I-II

    What happened to the old thread I created?

    I'm rewatching the parts when Yang Pai Fong and Yelut (Lau) Ho Nam met. Pai Fong is one brave girl, she confess her love first to Honam in the cave. He felt love for her too, but wasn't sure how she felt for him and plus, he was too proud to admit he liked her.

    I swear, I'm rewatching the scenes and I can definitely say they both kissed at least twice in that episode. Once after she had confessed in the cave, he then holds his hand out to touch her face and she hugs him. Then he kisses her, but then think how they are from different worlds and it's impossible to have a future with her, so he pushes her away after one kiss. Then runs out and she follows in the rain. He tells her how impossible it is because they're from two different worlds and he can't let go of his revenge for his country and his plan to bring back Northern Han. She said she'd wait for him to become the Honam in her heart and she will keep waiting. She asks him for a chance, and he nods. She comes into his embrace and in the rain they kissed another time onscreen. Next, she is found asleep in the cave with the royal jade piece that all Lau royal members have.

    On another note, if she had followed him and they had regained the Han dynasty, she'd be his Empress. Woohoo~! That's what he wanted, but she didn't really care for wealth. But anyway, Honam totally changed because of her and even became a stalker to see she goes home okay.
    Last edited by Suet Seung; 08-10-11 at 01:19 PM.
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

    Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

  2. #2
    Senior Member Melanie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Posts
    3,665

    Default

    What??? The old HOTY thread got deleted?

    I have the series on VHS and the Paifong-Honam parts are kind of blurry now from multiple re-watches.

  3. #3
    Moderator Suet Seung's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Posts
    13,949

    Default

    How come in Heroic Legend of the Yang family and The Great General, the Empress Xiao is the one who married 4th Yang Son or I think they had her as the mother of the princess the 4th Yang son married. But in this series Empress Xiao is the sister-in-law of the 4th Yang son. I'm confused with that. And Empress Xiao dresses so flashy and she has too much makeup caked on.

    Argh. I hate seeing the Yang family framed again and again. That episode 25 or something where the Emperor confiscates all the honoury plaque, the dragon cane of the Yang matriarch, and the scroll that proclaims Vincent's mom as a princess of Song. The officials retort all the occasions and how the Yang family acquired all of them. If it wasn't for Muk Kwai Ying and Imperial Consort Pan for finding that military book, the Yang 6th and Vincent would die. What about Ding Gui who got his head chopped by Pan Taishi's men, who's going to avenge him? Heh...HoNam just watched and let that happened and only jumped in to help when Pai Fong was in trouble. He said he wouldn't help the Yangs.

    Honam's hotness....love how tall, long haired and scholarly he looks...So I wonder how long he had stayed in that underground palace with his royal uncle? He fell off the cliff at around 7 or 10?
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

    Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

  4. #4
    Senior Member Melanie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Posts
    3,665

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Suet Seung View Post
    How come in Heroic Legend of the Yang family and The Great General, the Empress Xiao is the one who married 4th Yang Son or I think they had her as the mother of the princess the 4th Yang son married. But in this series Empress Xiao is the sister-in-law of the 4th Yang son. I'm confused with that. And Empress Xiao dresses so flashy and she has too much makeup caked on.
    Don't get who's married to whom, either. Yes, the Liao Empress had very flashy outfits. I thought it was a bit weird, since she was pretty old to be wearing such flamboyant outfits. For a woman of her age and station, she should have picked more elegant and classy outfits. Also, Kwai Ying was the female lead, so you would think she would get prettier or at least equally pretty costumes as the Liao Empress.

    What about Ding Gui who got his head chopped by Pan Taishi's men, who's going to avenge him? Heh...HoNam just watched and let that happened and only jumped in to help when Pai Fong was in trouble. He said he wouldn't help the Yangs.
    One of my favorite scenes. I thought that scene showed off Ho Nam's callous attitude and disdain for the Yangs very well. He hated them so much that he could just stand there and watch those assassins decapitate Ding Gui without lifting a finger to help. And Ding Gui was only a Yang by association; he wasn't even truly a Yang by blood. His budding feelings for Paifong must have really freaked him out, as he was someone who did not like "unplanned obstacles" (Paifong) in his path toward the throne. Ho Nam was such a proud man, and yet he tolerated Paifong's antagonism toward him after she found out that he was present and yet chose to do nothing to save Ding Gui. That simple fact that he was willing to put up with her anger and yelling clearly demonstrated that he was not as mean as we all thought.

  5. #5
    Senior Member charbydis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    White Camel Mountain
    Posts
    4,950

    Default

    In the traditional story, 4th marries the kind daughter of Empress Xiao. But in HOTY, to accommodate for Goon Suet Far to take the roles cos she was a big hit in the Miss ATV paegeant, they had to make Empress Xiao younger and more attractive so they made 4th marry her best friend. I mean, look at how much money they invested in her costumes! I think that is where they blew the budget and why Part II looks s shabby! :grumpy: Stupid Big Bird!

    Chung Bo is just plain stupid! Kwai Ying warned him over and over again to be careful of that scholar who was in cahoots with Minister Pan. But he dismissed her as being over-suspicious and judgemental and blah blah blah on how everyone should forget past grievances and work together to serve the Emperor! Then look what happened!

    Is the Emperor brainless or something? It seems that in the whole Northern Song Dynasty, only the Yangs can fight, and who does he try to behead? Yup, every one and last of the Yangs! You can reprimand or weaken their influence but to behead them is just a crazy idea!

    Seriously, Ho Nam's only weakness is women. For Kwai Ying, he discarded many chances of killing the Yangs. For Pai Fung, he let go of the chance to get his family's treasure. And he just lets himself get scolded, hit, stabbed, slapped, etc... by any woman (Kwai Ying, Pai Fung, Bat Mui, Siu Ching, etc) without retailiation. Then Chung Bo does it and pow!, Chung Bo ends up unconscious at the bottom of a cliff!

    There are two ways to make Ho Nam into a killing machine: (1) Insult the Northan Han Dynasty (2) Molest Pai Fung
    "Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self."
    Cyril Connolly

  6. #6
    Moderator Suet Seung's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Posts
    13,949

    Default

    Yep. Don't ever bring harm to Pai Fung or else you get on Ho Nam's bad side.

    I get really tired and annoyed whenever the Yangs are framed and accused on treason. You would think the Emperor knows and understand the heart of the Yangs already.

    Not to mention The Heroic Legend of the Yang Family and it's sequel The Great General, the Emperor played by Poon Chi Man and the guy who played the Emperor in the Heroine of the Yangs were both very useless Emperors. To the point in Heroic Legend and Great General, he was pretty much disregarding his royal family members and Justice Pao because they were defending the Yang family. It was so pathetic. I seriously wanted to whack the emperors and knock some sense into them. I swear they had better and level-headed emperors in the Taiwanese Justice Pao, though some people were framed, the emperor actually had a brain and wasn't completely fooled by evil officials trying to frame good people. The emperor had to have good evidence to think otherwise, but not believing everything an evil official says to be true.
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

    Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

  7. #7
    Senior Member Melanie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Posts
    3,665

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by charbydis View Post
    In the traditional story, 4th marries the kind daughter of Empress Xiao. But in HOTY, to accommodate for Goon Suet Far to take the roles cos she was a big hit in the Miss ATV paegeant, they had to make Empress Xiao younger and more attractive so they made 4th marry her best friend. I mean, look at how much money they invested in her costumes! I think that is where they blew the budget and why Part II looks s shabby! :grumpy: Stupid Big Bird!
    Wait, Goon Suet Far was the winner in the Miss ATV pageant? Which year was that? Isn't she kind of...mature to be a contestant?

    Seriously, Ho Nam's only weakness is women. For Kwai Ying, he discarded many chances of killing the Yangs. For Pai Fung, he let go of the chance to get his family's treasure. And he just lets himself get scolded, hit, stabbed, slapped, etc... by any woman (Kwai Ying, Pai Fung, Bat Mui, Siu Ching, etc) without retailiation.
    You know, now that you have pointed out Honam's weakness, I can absolutely see your point! For a cold-hearted, dangerous villain, Honam sure gets pushed around by women a lot!

    Then Chung Bo does it and pow!, Chung Bo ends up unconscious at the bottom of a cliff!
    Well, now it's confirmed that Honam has no attraction to men whatsoever.


    There are two ways to make Ho Nam into a killing machine: (1) Insult the Northan Han Dynasty (2) Molest Pai Fung
    He's doing what any real man would do; fight for his woman's honor, even if she has a tendency to scold and scream scornfully in his face. The scary thing is that I think if any other woman other than Paifung were getting molested, Honam would probably just look the other way, just like how he looked the other way when Ding Gui was decapitated.

  8. #8
    Senior Member charbydis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    White Camel Mountain
    Posts
    4,950

    Default

    Goon Suet Far was not the winner but she drew a lot of attention by lying about her age to make her seem older. The media scrambled around to interview and that is why she was so promoted in ATV back then. She did a few series in mainland but to tell the truth, her acting sucks and her plastic surgery is bad.

    Hey, is this the HOTY discussion thread or the Yelut Ho Nam discussion thread?

    What did you guys think of Chung Yuen? Not the actor's looks, but the role. I thought he reminded me a lot of Kiu Fung from DGSD and I was very sad when he died. His internal conflicts regarding his nationality and loyalty was vert well portrayed.
    "Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self."
    Cyril Connolly

  9. #9
    Junior Member KikoTsukino's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    21

    Default Hi Guys ~

    Waow~!!! Cool thread and great/detail discussion on this awesome drama ^^
    Im a fan of Honam and Paifung too !! (So you can count me in)!

    And HeLLO Melanie and Charbydis heheh

    ***Just stopping by to say hi***
    Last edited by KikoTsukino; 08-12-11 at 08:27 AM.
    My TOP HOTY MV Contribution - (1) HOTY Love Comparison (2)[今生情不变] Honam&Paifung (3)Reminiscense - Honam/Paifung [Pls visit my 'Heroine of the Yangs site - here]

  10. #10
    Senior Member charbydis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    White Camel Mountain
    Posts
    4,950

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Suet Seung View Post
    Yep. Don't ever bring harm to Pai Fung or else you get on Ho Nam's bad side.
    Let's count what happened to the guys who were close to Pai Fung:
    (1) Yeung Chung Bo - close male friend - constantly attacked and injured by Ho Nam
    (2) Jiu Ting Gui - close male friend - assaulted and decaptitated while Ho Nam just watched
    (3) Lo Sin Hung - tried to rape Pai Fung - poisoned, insulted and got killed by Ho Nam

    Quote Originally Posted by Suet Seung View Post
    I get really tired and annoyed whenever the Yangs are framed and accused on treason. You would think the Emperor knows and understand the heart of the Yangs already.

    Not to mention The Heroic Legend of the Yang Family and it's sequel The Great General, the Emperor played by Poon Chi Man and the guy who played the Emperor in the Heroine of the Yangs were both very useless Emperors. To the point in Heroic Legend and Great General, he was pretty much disregarding his royal family members and Justice Pao because they were defending the Yang family. It was so pathetic. I seriously wanted to whack the emperors and knock some sense into them. I swear they had better and level-headed emperors in the Taiwanese Justice Pao, though some people were framed, the emperor actually had a brain and wasn't completely fooled by evil officials trying to frame good people. The emperor had to have good evidence to think otherwise, but not believing everything an evil official says to be true.
    Well, Song Zhenzong (the one in Justice Bao) was one of the best emperors of the Song Dynasty. he was decisive, determined and had a good judgment of people to use. His son Song Renzong (the one in HOTY) was weak, indecisive and as pacifist and is actually scared of war. Song Emperors are just bad. There are known for their weakness to surrounding foreign powers and content to secure borders by tributes/bribes rather than with miltary prowess. The Yeung family thrived under Song Zhenzong who encouraged war to strengthen his country while they suffered under Song Renzong who wanted peace without war.
    "Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self."
    Cyril Connolly

  11. #11
    Senior Member charbydis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    White Camel Mountain
    Posts
    4,950

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KikoTsukino View Post
    Waow~!!! Cool thread and great/detail discussion on this awesome drama ^^
    Im a fan of Honam and Paifung too !! (So you can count me in)!

    And HeLLO Melanie and Charbydis heheh

    ***Just stopping by to say hi***
    Hiya! Welcome!
    "Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self."
    Cyril Connolly

  12. #12
    Junior Member KikoTsukino's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    21

    Default

    I was just looking on youtube and found a nice mv on Kwaiying and Chung Boa
    here's the link http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CHs9Z...eature=related

    Actually Chung Boa (Vincent Jiao) WAS cool and MUCH likeable in Season 1 than 2.. His character in Season 2 changed soo much that it just ruins it for me... >.< (thank god I still Love Honam the same!!
    Last edited by KikoTsukino; 08-12-11 at 09:02 AM.
    My TOP HOTY MV Contribution - (1) HOTY Love Comparison (2)[今生情不变] Honam&Paifung (3)Reminiscense - Honam/Paifung [Pls visit my 'Heroine of the Yangs site - here]

  13. #13
    Junior Member KikoTsukino's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    21

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by charbydis View Post
    Hiya! Welcome!
    (*Waves back*) hehehe

    We need to bring back old fans 'to this great topic' (like the last HOTY thread) - More discussions/more fun - What happened to the last one??? eh..

    Oh~! - thanks for the link Charbydis
    Last edited by KikoTsukino; 08-12-11 at 08:49 AM.
    My TOP HOTY MV Contribution - (1) HOTY Love Comparison (2)[今生情不变] Honam&Paifung (3)Reminiscense - Honam/Paifung [Pls visit my 'Heroine of the Yangs site - here]

  14. #14
    Junior Member KikoTsukino's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    21

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Suet Seung View Post
    What happened to the old thread I created?


    I swear, I'm rewatching the scenes and I can definitely say they both kissed at least twice in that episode. Once after she had confessed in the cave, he then holds his hand out to touch her face and she hugs him. Then he kisses her, but then think how they are from different worlds and it's impossible to have a future with her, so he pushes her away after one kiss. Then runs out and she follows in the rain. He tells her how impossible it is because they're from two different worlds and he can't let go of his revenge for his country and his plan to bring back Northern Han. She said she'd wait for him to become the Honam in her heart and she will keep waiting. She asks him for a chance, and he nods. She comes into his embrace and in the rain they kissed another time onscreen. Next, she is found asleep in the cave with the royal jade piece that all Lau royal members have.
    I soooo wish that they kiss. That's what i thought to, but after re-watching soo many times, i then come to realise they were probably just camera angle (since it was zoomed out) - I dont know if they DID kiss or not?? >.< (I got the DVD version, so it wasnt as blurry as the one where we can watch online) so i was watching real close/stuck to the screen to find the answer to my question
    My TOP HOTY MV Contribution - (1) HOTY Love Comparison (2)[今生情不变] Honam&Paifung (3)Reminiscense - Honam/Paifung [Pls visit my 'Heroine of the Yangs site - here]

  15. #15
    Senior Member charbydis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    White Camel Mountain
    Posts
    4,950

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KikoTsukino View Post
    I soooo wish that they kiss. That's what i thought to, but after re-watching soo many times, i then come to realise they were probably just camera angle (since it was zoomed out) - I dont know if they DID kiss or not?? >.< (I got the DVD version, so it wasnt as blurry as the one where we can watch online) so i was watching real close/stuck to the screen to find the answer to my question
    No. They didn't kiss. It was camera angles. If ATV had to go to all the trouble of making two artistes kiss on screen, then they would have shown a close up shot of it. Since it was so ambigious, it was most propbabaly that they didn't.

    Seriously, I prefer that they didn't. It made the scene feel more authentic as an ancient series where unmarried people in the olden days couldn't hold hands without being stoned or cursed. Kissing someone on the mouth was like equal to having sex. Really can't imagine the gentlemanly Ho Nam doing that to Pai Fung! He kissed her on the forehead and that was as intimate as it needed to be. Pashing is bad. (Look at Central Affairs! )
    "Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self."
    Cyril Connolly

  16. #16
    Junior Member KikoTsukino's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    21

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by charbydis View Post
    No. They didn't kiss. It was camera angles. If ATV had to go to all the trouble of making two artistes kiss on screen, then they would have shown a close up shot of it. Since it was so ambigious, it was most propbabaly that they didn't.
    Seriously, I prefer that they didn't. It made the scene feel more authentic as an ancient series where unmarried people in the olden days couldn't hold hands without being stoned or cursed. Kissing someone on the mouth was like equal to having sex. Really can't imagine the gentlemanly Ho Nam doing that to Pai Fung! He kissed her on the forehead and that was as intimate as it needed to be. Pashing is bad. (Look at Central Affairs! )
    Hahhaah (Sad face) - well I knew they didnt kiss (it was only camera angles) - But dont you think that 'nowaday' Ancient/Wuxia - TVB dramas - are sooo not like how they used to? - I mean - I cant recall the last one i watched i think it was 'Relic of Emissary' - 洪武三十二 (If that is still classified as Wuxia)? Than yea there IS alot of kiss scenes in that one..

    I prefer the olden wuxia dramas back in the early 90's - mid 90's - those ones i grew up to like when i was young.

    And - DO NOT mention 'Central Affairs' I regret watching it soo badly , although i like Gilbert in there (He looks great and all) and 'finally played as a good character'... But the Kiss scenes WAS JUST tooo awkward to watch, it made me hate Michelle Yip (although i never hated her).. I soo wish that Annie got the female lead (and then, we get to see our fav onscreen couple in another drama 'sharing that sweet/passionate kiss together') (I think she will do a better job than Michelle) well at least i know one thing, and if it was Annie who played as Michelle's character in 'Central Affairs' - I will not feel awkward seeing them kissing onscreen 'thats for sure'!
    Last edited by KikoTsukino; 08-12-11 at 09:29 AM.
    My TOP HOTY MV Contribution - (1) HOTY Love Comparison (2)[今生情不变] Honam&Paifung (3)Reminiscense - Honam/Paifung [Pls visit my 'Heroine of the Yangs site - here]

  17. #17
    Senior Member charbydis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    White Camel Mountain
    Posts
    4,950

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KikoTsukino View Post
    Hahhaah (Sad face) - well I knew they didnt kiss (it was only camera angles) - But dont you think that 'nowaday' Ancient/Wuxia - TVB dramas - are sooo not like how they used to? - I mean - I cant recall the last one i watched i think it was 'Relic of Emissary' - 洪武三十二 (If that is still classified as Wuxia)? Than yea there IS alot of kiss scenes in that one. I prefer the olden wuxia dramas back in the early 90's - mid 90's - those ones i grew up to like when i was young.
    No! Relic of An Emissary is not a wuxia series! It contains no values of wuxia and is a warped historical drama. I was so angry at TVB for making everyone seem so promiscious. The characters were having way too much one night stands and kissing nd touching. It does not respect the ancient values at all and it just seems like modern people in ancient clothing.

    If a series is made the right way, it shoudl draw the audience into the plot and setting easily with its dialogue and costumes. I find that the ancient series now are too modernised. I don't feel like it is the ancient time that I am watching. I agree that the ancient series of the past were more authentic and exciting. I have not felt the wuxia vibe from any recent TVB wuxia series lately.

    Quote Originally Posted by KikoTsukino View Post
    And - DO NOT mention 'Central Affairs' I regret watching it soo badly , although i like Gilbert in there (He looks great and all) and 'finally played as a good character'... But the Kiss scenes WAS JUST tooo awkward to watch, it made me hate Michelle Yip (although i never hated her).. I soo wish that Annie got the female lead (and then, we get to see our fav onscreen couple in another drama 'sharing that sweet/passionate kiss together') (I think she will do a better job than Michelle) well at least i know one thing, and if it was Annie who played as Michelle's character in 'Central Affairs' - I will not feel awkward seeing them kissing onscreen 'thats for sure'!
    No. Annie will not suit Season's character.
    "Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self."
    Cyril Connolly

  18. #18
    Junior Member KikoTsukino's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    21

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by charbydis View Post
    No! Relic of An Emissary is not a wuxia series! It contains no values of wuxia and is a warped historical drama. I was so angry at TVB for making everyone seem so promiscious. The characters were having way too much one night stands and kissing nd touching. It does not respect the ancient values at all and it just seems like modern people in ancient clothing.

    If a series is made the right way, it should draw the audience into the plot and setting easily with its dialogue and costumes. I find that the ancient series now are too modernised. I don't feel like it is the ancient time that I am watching. I agree that the ancient series of the past were more authentic and exciting. I have not felt the wuxia vibe from any recent TVB wuxia series lately.
    Hmm interesting thought you have there (I agree), but would you consider 'Heavenly sword and dragon sabre 2000 [倚天屠龍記] a wuxia series? because Cheung Mo Gei (Lawrence Ng) and Gigi Lai (Chiu Mun) did share that kiss in there ^^
    (What i think is that 'even in wuxia drama' Kissing is fine depending on the situation 'i guess'. But im not saying that 'Honam and Paifung' did kiss in HOTY although they were close to doing it..

    I cant recall the last wuxia/ancient drama i like... 'i think the last one i watched from TVB that i love was 'Face to Fate' 布衣神相 (Although it was nothing compared to Heroine of the Yangs, but i still enjoyed it because i love 'Lau Fun Yu 柳焚餘' in there
    Last edited by KikoTsukino; 08-13-11 at 03:07 AM.
    My TOP HOTY MV Contribution - (1) HOTY Love Comparison (2)[今生情不变] Honam&Paifung (3)Reminiscense - Honam/Paifung [Pls visit my 'Heroine of the Yangs site - here]

  19. #19
    Senior Member charbydis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    White Camel Mountain
    Posts
    4,950

    Default

    OFF TOPIC! OFF TOPIC!

    Let's go back to HOTY!

    What would have happened if Vincent and Gilbert swapped roles? I think both would have done fine since both men are so versatile in their acting.
    "Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self."
    Cyril Connolly

  20. #20
    Junior Member KikoTsukino's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    21

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by charbydis View Post
    OFF TOPIC! OFF TOPIC!

    Let's go back to HOTY!

    What would have happened if Vincent and Gilbert swapped roles? I think both would have done fine since both men are so versatile in their acting.

    Hahahahha.Ok Ok back to topic now, If they swapped roles?? hmm - lets see - than i 'dont think i will ever come to loving Gilbert as much as i love him now', because it was ONLY through Gilbert playing as Yelut Honam (that made a BIG success - and left a deep impression on me - thats how i've come to LOVE him 'as an actor').

    Although i was alright with Chung Boa's character - If Gilbert played as 'Chung Boa' - than I think it wont make a difference to me, since i like the role/character 'either one'... 'I will still go for Yelut Honam' - if that was played by Vincent Jiao (than i will prob end up loving the actor Vincent instead of Gilbert).. sadly, if that were to happen than i am being honest, i dont think that "i will ever have a liking role on Gilbert's end'.. (I dunno - because it is through his great performance/acting in his character of Yelut Honam' that led me to liking 'Gilbert' overall as an actor.. And THAT left a DEEP impression on me... [Gilbert to me - I've known him through Yelut Honam role - thats how i love him]...If he played as another role/perhaps like you said AS Chung Boa - than i think that the 'tables would have turned' and IF that were to happen, than 'to this day' i would prob think - he is just some normal actor from Atv/Tvb - that would not grab my attention.. that would prob be the end result on my end.

    "It IS really the character of 'Yelut Honam' that i like, and Gilbert DID do a good job on this character (he brought out the BEST of that character with his excellent acting/performance, (I personally dont know how Vincent will have played as Yelut Honam' because this never actually happened, but what i do know is that Gilbert DID successfully make that character 'Yelut Honam' SHINE for me (and have a DEEP impression on me 'from when i was a little child liking his character to now).. that's how i've come to loving him (Gilbert) .. If Vincent and Gilbert were to swap roles... Vincent might be able to successfully bring out the best on this character too, than i would prob end up liking Vincent over Gilbert instead
    Last edited by KikoTsukino; 08-13-11 at 03:45 AM.
    My TOP HOTY MV Contribution - (1) HOTY Love Comparison (2)[今生情不变] Honam&Paifung (3)Reminiscense - Honam/Paifung [Pls visit my 'Heroine of the Yangs site - here]

Similar Threads

  1. The Yangs' Saga 《楊家將》
    By Tom in forum TVB Series
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 05-18-14, 10:25 AM
  2. Qu San and the attack on the Yangs and Guos
    By pannonian in forum Wuxia Fiction
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 11-25-09, 03:05 PM
  3. uniqueness of a heroine??
    By tvbtoday in forum Wuxia Fiction
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 07-22-08, 11:47 PM
  4. Are any heroine in wuxia feet binded?
    By LuNaR in forum Wuxia Fiction
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 11-09-06, 10:19 PM
  5. The Yangs versus the Guos
    By Ken Tran in forum Wuxia Fiction
    Replies: 96
    Last Post: 06-20-06, 03:37 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts