Page 11 of 44 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: What series are you currently watching?

Originally posted by Lady Zhuge
    goddess: Yes, the Qin Shi Huang series I'm going to watch is the mainland one from 2001, so it's pretty new.

earth: I've never seen the ATV series, so it would be difficult for me to say which is better.

I was told by several people that this mainland version is really good, but I'll let you guys know if I agree once I have finished it.
    ATV's 1980's version of "Qin Shi Huang" is released on vcd boxsets in dual audio of original cantonese audio & dubbed mandarin audio at
    http://www.sensasian.com under the title 'the rise of the great wall' and
    only in dubbed mandarin audio in
    http://www.yesasia.com .

I watched this atv version very long ago and purchased recently because I wanted to watch it again and its overall good---I would recommend this atv series to people.

Triumph in the Skies (definitely deserves all the praise it's getting!) and Legal Entanglement, and rewatching Secret of the Heart.

Just finished Armed Reaction 4 (stupid cliffhanger ending!).

I have precisely start with "perish in the name of love".
    ( I don't like the beginning).

and I finish with "greed mask".
    (it was a little weird on one of the last episode ).

Hey again everyone!!! Well here I am again

Lady Zhuge, so the Qin Shi Huang series you are going to watch is pretty new huh? I wonder if it has been relesed out in vietnamese yet......I'm not sure, but a while back my mom rented a series and I think it was about Qin Shi Huang. However I didn't watch the series so I'm not sure. Will ask mom about that.

earth, do check out those sites creidesca gave out and if its possible, I would recommend you give Light of Million Hopes a try

----------------------------------------------------------------
    Anyways here's my list:

Just Rented:
    *Fire General - Starring Zhang Tie Lin, Zhang Ting, Huang Hai Bing, and etc. There are a lot of other stars I recognize in this series, its just I don't know their names. Anyways its released out to 4 tapes already and I just finished watching it. The beginning and ending previews really look intersting and makes me think that the series will be really good, but in the meantime its sorta dragging on a bit. Oh, better tell you guys what the series is about. Hehehe, its mainly about Yang Pai Feng!!!! I just love Pai Feng and I'm so excited that they have made a series featuring her!!!! Zhang Ting does a nice job protraying her. This Pai Feng here is more elegant and mischief, not like the other protrayals I've seen, but I don't mind. Hehehe, I can't wait to see more of Huang Hai Bing!!! He is such a good actor and he has a lot of chemistry with Zhang Ting too The costume and scenery is beautiful too!!!

Currently Watching:
    *Triumph in the Skies - I'm on tape 6 now. Wish it would hurry and release out since I want to see more on Myolie!!! I think she is so cute in here, hehe. I don't think she has much chemistry with Francis, but I'm still waiting to see how their relationship develops. I actually want to see her develope a relationship more with Ron. The rest of the cast are okay, I'm glad to see Margaret Cheung again, but her role at the moment is way too small and I'm guessing its going to stay that way Then again its better then nothing!!!

*Virtues of Harmony - Why!!! I still haven't gotten any tapes My rental store says she hasn't gotten any new ones....(Goddess pouts)

*Who's the True Emperor - Haven't seen yet. Need to go ask my uncle to get those tapes back.

Just Finished:
    *Armed Reaction 4 - Agree with you sunnydayz!!! I really hate the ending to AR4. Even though they say that there should be hope left in finding Marco, but their comment before that just made me think differently. I think it was Ada who said that they get phone calls everyday saying someone has sighted Marco so that means this is a difficult task. Anyways why couldn't they have just made Marco come back? Wanting to make another part huh? Argh....another thing I'm not liking is how they split Bobby and Ada up and pair them with someone else. Its quite obvious that these two will end up together so why make them lead two others on. Poor Yoyo!!! And Frankie too, didn't like him in the beginning, but he isnt' bad. Hehehe, really liked seeing the whole casts again and the minor casts too like the different casts playing the cops in the different stations and all. Wish John and Sherming where still in there though, but glad their characters still got mentioned. (2.5 out of 5 stars)

*Dark Tales 2 - Eh.....seemed like there was more sad stories then happy ones. I dont' mind sad stories that much, but these weren't that much touching. However it was nice seeing all the differnt casts and in general the stories weren't bad. My favorite character though would have to be Derek's in the very last story with Jackie and Angie. I really admired his love for Angie and not needing for her to be with him, just wanted for her to be happy. Its so sad that he had to die though Hmmm...I don't know, I really don't have a favorite story......I guess I will go with Joey Leung and Louisa So's story. I found it to be rather amusing and all, hehehe, then again picked this story since I really like Joey Leung and haven't seen him for awhile. Also his pairing with Louisa was awsome like in DIF 1-2. Then again Noel and Patrick's story was rather good too, its just the ending to it didn't satisfiy me at all!!! I wanted for Patrick to show Noel more how he felt for her at the end, but instead they just make the two get saved and they are all happy dovy again you know? I would have perfered for Noel to jump off the cliff and patrick to jump after her, they should fall some distance and he says all these things then get saved!! Anyways as I've mentioned the story I didn't like would be Noel and Jackie's story since Jackie was a jerk. Then again each story had its own moral and I think those morals stand out a lot. (2.5 out of 5 stars)

Planning to Get:
    *Year of the Charmeleon - This is what I'm getting next. I think if its possible I'll get it tomorrow.

*Burning Flame 1 - lol, still stalling

*On the Track or Off - stalling.....

*Secret of the Heart - saw the preview in Dark Tales 2 and it looks intersting. Sunnydayz, since you rewatching it does it mean this series is rather good? Could you give some comments please. Thanks

---------------------------------------------------------------------
    Well thats it. Anyways if any of you guys could give me some comments about those three series I'm planning on getting soem time it would be great!!! Thankies
    Yesterday's History,
    Tomorrow's a Mystery,
    Today's a Gift,
    That’s why we call it,
    The Present.

I'm finaly wacth 'perish in the name of love' and I think it is good...

now I wacthing 'good against evil'. It loke like a good movie....

Stuck in a place between Heaven and Hell!

Just finished "Wind & Cloud" and still watching "Qing Shang (Korean Drama)"!

BTW does anyone know what's the english name for "Qing Shang"?
    Cheers!!!!!!

Originally posted by Fallen Angel
    Just finished "Wind & Cloud" and still watching "Qing Shang (Korean Drama)"!

BTW does anyone know what's the english name for "Qing Shang"?
    What's the K-drama about?

currently re-watchin' the 80's version of dgsd
    ~*~ Philipians 1:3~*~

Originally posted by goddessofhonour

Lady Zhuge, so the Qin Shi Huang series you are going to watch is pretty new huh? I wonder if it has been relesed out in vietnamese yet......I'm not sure, but a while back my mom rented a series and I think it was about Qin Shi Huang. However I didn't watch the series so I'm not sure. Will ask mom about that.

earth, do check out those sites creidesca gave out and if its possible, I would recommend you give Light of Million Hopes a try

-

Goddess, I recommend watching ATV's 1980's version of Emperor Qin Shi Huang, the themesong was great sang by Gallen Lo (Law,Ka Leung).
    There's a review of it by a fan at the atv review section.

This atv's 1980's version is available in dual audio of cantonese & mandarin audio at
    http://www.sensasian.com.

Even if I wanted to watch atv's 'light of million hopes', I cannot because its not available in my area and its not release on vcds nor dvds, but I did watch a short preview sang by the singer only shown scenes of only 3 artists---petrina fung bo bo & actor poon,chi man (played her husband) & his other married wife. I hope there are other characters in the storyline besides them.

So much for my attempt to stop watching series. I saw Chor Lau Heung 84 w/ Miu Kiu Wai and had to get it to watch the ending. Excellent series.
    Beauty is not in the face;
    beauty is a light in the heart.

-It's beauty that captures your attention; personality which captures your heart.

TO Earth4477, Is light of a million hopes a new series?? I think I was watching that on TV before I started school. It starred Fung Bo Bo, Poon Chi Man and his other wife whom I think is played by Hu Mei Yee. It is a modern series so I wasn't too interested in it. Since it is a new series I am surprised that they don't have it in your area. Do you live in the bay area? You could have watched it on TV.

Which version of Qin Shi Huang are you guys talking about?I remember that the only one had Lau Wing and Mai Shuet. My brother just bought that one. That one came out a long time ago.
    Respect other people's opinions and views. If we learn how to do that than all of these fights and arguments will not occur.

Originally posted by Trinie
    TO Earth4477, Is light of a million hopes a new series?? I think I was watching that on TV before I started school. It starred Fung Bo Bo, Poon Chi Man and his other wife whom I think is played by Hu Mei Yee. It is a modern series so I wasn't too interested in it. Since it is a new series I am surprised that they don't have it in your area. Do you live in the bay area? You could have watched it on TV.

Which version of Qin Shi Huang are you guys talking about?I remember that the only one had Lau Wing and Mai Shuet. My brother just bought that one. That one came out a long time ago.
    Trinie, it seem like an new series--light of million hopes. where are you located?
    I don't have access to atv series in my area.

I am talking about the atv's 1980's version starring lau,wing & mai suet & damian lau chung yan & poon chi man & wong,jo si & petrina fung bo bo. There is a review on it at the atv reviews forum.
    Did anyone like atv's version?
    Overall, I liked this atv series but I dislike the part where they miscasted fung,bo bo in that 'meng cur lady' role, atv should have find someone more younger & prettier such as mai,suet (michelle yim).
    Do you agree or disagree?

To earth4477, I live in the SF bay area(in Concord, but am at school in Sacramento right now). It was showing that series(I think it was the light of a million hopes) on TV before I left. I don't know if they are still showing it or not. They were also showing HSDS 2002.

Oh so you are talking about the 80s version with Lau Wing and mai shuet. I saw it so long and don't remember much about it. My brother just bought it so I will re-watch it when I have time. I don't remember Fung Bo Bo and Wong Jo Shi in that series. Damian was in there too? I really don't remember.... What role did Mai Suet play in here?? Was it suitable for her? I have to re-watch the series this summer to refresh my memory...
    Respect other people's opinions and views. If we learn how to do that than all of these fights and arguments will not occur.

To earth4477, I live in the SF bay area(in Concord, but am at school in Sacramento right now). It was showing that series(I think it was the light of a million hopes) on TV before I left. I don't know if they are still showing it or not. They were also showing HSDS 2002.

Oh so you are talking about the 80s version with Lau Wing and mai shuet. I saw it so long and don't remember much about it. My brother just bought it so I will re-watch it when I have time. I don't remember Fung Bo Bo and Wong Jo Shi in that series. Damian was in there too? I really don't remember.... What role did Mai Suet play in here?? Was it suitable for her? I have to re-watch the series this summer to refresh my memory...
    Trinie,
    there's an atv review at the atv series review section at
    http://www.spcnet.tv/atv_emperorqin.shtml
    I also watched many years ago and have have it again.

Thanks Earth4477, Have you seen this series again recently? I know that my brother is watching it at home right now. I didn't remember that mai suet only plays a small part in it. I can't believe that she wasn't going to be in it at first. Gosh what is up with that? And Fung Bo Bo in that type of role?? I guess that I will be one thing that I won't like when I see the series again.

Thanks Earth4477, Have you seen this series again recently? I know that my brother is watching it at home right now. I didn't remember that mai suet only plays a small part in it. I can't believe that she wasn't going to be in it at first. Gosh what is up with that? And Fung Bo Bo in that type of role?? I guess that I will be one thing that I won't like when I see the series again.

trinie,
    I have purchased the it on vcds boxsets in dual audio of original cantonese audio & dubbed-mandarin audio languages.

This series was released first in only dubbed-mandarin audio and I was so disappointed because it didn't have the original cantonese audio language I wanted and I don't understand mandarin audio.

This is also released on dubbed-vietnamese audio & dubbed-Thai audio languages in other asian on-line stores if anyone its interested.

I dislike petrina fung bo bo played the 'meng cur girl' role since she seem not appropriate for the role and she seem like a housewife in her late 30's to early 40's in some scenes which does not fit the character's role of a young beauty. I think atv miscast fung bo bo in that role and atv should have casted mai,suet (michelle yim) in that role instead of fung, bo bo.

Does anyone agree or disagree?
    what do you think?

The themesong was great, I think it fit the storyline & the felt of it.
    The themesong was sang by gallen lo (law,Ka leung). I think his themesongs from atv drama tv series is much better than his themesongs from tvb drama tv series in terms of music & singing.

Also, Christine ng, wing mei, when she sang in themesongs of atv drama tv series, its much BETTER than her singing of themesongs of tvb drama tv series in terms of music & singing.

It's too bad that people only remembered themesongs from tvb drama tv series but themesongs from atv drama tv series.

I wished atv would also be like tvb releasing themesongs compilations CDs for people to purchased because some of their themesongs are great even better than tvb's themesongs especially of the 1980's & 1990's.

Hi,

I'm new to this part of this forum and I would like to say hello everybody.

I came to this forum seeking help with finding an episode of Bao Qing Tian. I would like to know which production and episode number of the following summary of the episode belonged to.

In a episode of Bao Qing Tian, Evil Counciler Pan hired an evil sorcerer, who was locked up by his master, to kill Judge Bao. This sorceror has a sister (also with supernatural-powers, and has a maid who can turn into a white dove) who was given a white umbrella by their late master and came to help protect Judge Bao and recapture her (apprentice) brother. In the end, the sorcerer was executed by Bao after his sister stabbed him with a magical knife which sealed his powers. In this episode, the only actor I remember was Zhan Zhao who I believe was played by Vincent Jiao.

Another thing I remember about the episode was in one previous episode, Pan's daughter eloped with a former bandid leader in the end. Pan's daughter resembled a woman who was loved by both Zhan Zhao and Bai Yu Lang. In this episode, Pan held a martial arts competition and the winner would marry his daughter. this was actually a trap to lure Bai Yu Lang into entering the competition and marrying his daughter so that Bai will help Pan kill Bao and Zhan. But the bandit entered the competion and later He and Pan's daughter fell in love. Pan was approached by a relative of the Emperor to join forces and overthrow the emperor. this traitor had a group of elite worriors who after drinking wine mixed with Pan's blood would be loyal to Pan. However in the end Pan told the emperor that he had actually joined the traitor in order to learn of his plans and report to the emperor and hence, Pan regained his rank in the emperor's court.

If anyone knows the top episode or may know someone who knows the episode, please contact me at

[email protected]

Sincerely,
    Adryn Novan

To earth4477, Well even though I haven't rewatched the series again. Judging from what you are saying... I think Fung Bo Bo wouldn't fit that role. Why didn't they cast Mai Suet in it??
    I actually didn't like the themesong in this series. I agree that there were a lot of good themesongs from ATV Series. Some of my favorites are the songs from Heroic legend of the yangs part 1 and 2, Mystic Crane Magic needle, Reincarnated,etc... I have some of those songs already but it would be great if they released again with other songs. Did you ever see Xi Shi?? I saw some of that a long time ago with Lai yan Shan. It was ok...

I've rented more series and I've got a lot to say on every series, but no time at the moment At school and about 6 or so minutes left of the class till lunch. Anywyas just going to comment on Light of Million Hopes.

Well this series is somewhat new and it was showing last year in Canada. Since my family over there was watching it. Anyways here is a list of other artists that starred in this series *Besides Fung Bo Bo, Poon Chi Man, and the 2nd wife*

Joey Meng
    Crystal Tin
    Kenny Lin
    Andrew Yuen
    Ricky Chan
    Theresa ____
    Remus ____

Keep forgetting all these last names!!! Anyways here is what I've come up with the limited time. Hungry Lunch!!! Yay. Anyways hopefully I can get time to go online tonight. Bye for now
    Yesterday's History,
    Tomorrow's a Mystery,
    Today's a Gift,
    That’s why we call it,
    The Present.

Originally posted by goddessofhonour
    I've rented more series and I've got a lot to say on every series, but no time at the moment At school and about 6 or so minutes left of the class till lunch. Anywyas just going to comment on Light of Million Hopes.

Well this series is somewhat new and it was showing last year in Canada. Since my family over there was watching it. Anyways here is a list of other artists that starred in this series *Besides Fung Bo Bo, Poon Chi Man, and the 2nd wife*

Joey Meng
    Crystal Tin
    Kenny Lin
    Andrew Yuen
    Ricky Chan
    Theresa ____
    Remus ____

Keep forgetting all these last names!!! Anyways here is what I've come up with the limited time. Hungry Lunch!!! Yay. Anyways hopefully I can get time to go online tonight. Bye for now
    to get the full cast list w/ pictures, check out the official webpage of the series: http://www.hkatv.com/drama/million_hope and for comments on the series, from those who've personally seen it: http://www.tvseriesfans.com/forums/s...&threadid=3380
    Last edited by creidesca; 02-17-04 at 04:38 PM.
    Currently watching:
    K-dramas Resurrection/Rebirth, Wedding, Farewell to Tears, Rosy Life, Immortal Yi Soon Shin
    C-drama Fairytale of Twin Swords