Page 12 of 44 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: What series are you currently watching?

Anyways here is the list of series that I am watching and all that

Just Rented:
    *The Viligant in the Mast - Starring Deric Wan, Eddie Kwan, Sammul Chan, Tavia Yeung, Cindy Au, and etc. Havn't watched this series yet, but go up to tape 8 or so. My dad has finished watching those tapes though and he likes it so I'm in for a funny series I guess

Currently Watching:
    *Fire General - This series is okay I guess. Its sorta a little draggy and the storyline is same as most other. Concubine wants her son to become prince so tries to kill the prince and all that....Anyways Zhang Ting's performance is good and Huang Hai Bing's too. I wish they get more scenes soon. From a preview seems like they will actually meet in this weeks tapes!!! Can't wait!! Anyways so far series gets 2.5 out of 5 stars.

*Triumph in the Skies - Getting pretty good!!! I'm really addicted to this series, but mostly for Francis and Myolie's characters and all that. Didn't like Francis much in the beginning, but now I'm starting to like him as an actor. He is pretty good and at times does fit with Myolie. Lol, nothing else to comment on this series except good cast and storyline is moving nicely along. 4 out of 5 stars.

*Who's the True Emperor - Finally got to watching it, but I don't like it much. Somewhat boring.....I'll still continue though probably. Alyssa looks cute and thas bout it for now. Annie hasn't appeared yet, but I don't like her a lot. There is this actress though that I really like who's in here. She was in Drunk Kung Fu Master or something like that. Forgot the title already.

*97 Year of the Chameleon - Wow, so glad I decided to watch this series!! Must thank everyone who convinced me Anyways the beginning was rather draggy and unintersting, but as the series progressed it got a lot better!!! I really like Eric and Joey!! The rest of hte cast are okay except some of them annoy me a lot like Wong Mei and Gilbert. I skipped to see the last tape and I wish the ending was more ended though. Hehe, will comment more in the thread in the ATV section Everyone who has seen it or even if you haven't, go chat in there on this series!!!

*Virtues of Harmony - Still havne't gotten any tapes, but isn't it out to tape 15 or something now?

Planning on Watching:
    *The Snow is Red - There was a littl preview of this seires in The Year of Chameleon and it looks good. I was actually attracted to the series by Kristy, Andrew, and Alice's story. Read the two reviews for it at this site and seems like its somewhat a watchable series and the first two generations are better then the one that intersted me huh? Anyways could you guys give some advice since this might be next

*Secret of the Heart or Flaming Brothers - Read that both series are similar except a little diffence. Which one is better though? For me it seems like Secret of the Heart has a cast that I know more of, but Flamin Brothers has Patrick and Michael!! Lol, I somehow like these two I lot and makes Flaming Brothers lean to the renting more.....

*On the Track or Off/Burning Flame - Both stalling Eventually...Time will come

*Forgot the series name, but its a cop series with Wong Hei, Flora Chan, and Jakie Lau. Anywyas not really want to rent this, but my mom really likes Flora and Jakie recently and I told her that they star in a series togehter so she is making me rent it. Me and my big mouth, but no matters. I saw the preview for it in another series and it looks okay....
    Yesterday's History,
    Tomorrow's a Mystery,
    Today's a Gift,
    That’s why we call it,
    The Present.

Originally posted by goddessofhonour
    [B]

*Who's the True Emperor - Finally got to watching it, but I don't like it much. Somewhat boring.....I'll still continue though probably. Alyssa looks cute and thas bout it for now. Annie hasn't appeared yet, but I don't like her a lot. There is this actress though that I really like who's in here. She was in Drunk Kung Fu Master or something like that. Forgot the title already.
    Annie Wu's character won't appear till the last "story" of the series...I just saw the ending to the series here on TV in SoCal last night. Was pretty surprised that the King wanted her to marry...well I'll let it go at that. They're gonna air The Pawn Shop No. 8 starring Alex To, Tian Xin tonight here in SoCal--can't wait!

[b]

*Forgot the series name, but its a cop series with Wong Hei, Flora Chan, and Jakie Lau. Anywyas not really want to rent this, but my mom really likes Flora and Jakie recently and I told her that they star in a series togehter so she is making me rent it. Me and my big mouth, but no matters. I saw the preview for it in another series and it looks okay....
    Have to say that Flora and Jackie Lui just had no chemistry in this series at all, not to mention that Elaine Ng's character is secretly in love with him. TVB wasted talent in Jackie! figures why he left.
    Currently watching:
    K-dramas Resurrection/Rebirth, Wedding, Farewell to Tears, Rosy Life, Immortal Yi Soon Shin
    C-drama Fairytale of Twin Swords

Anyways here is the list of series that I am watching and all that

[Planning on Watching:
    *The Snow is Red - There was a littl preview of this seires in The Year of Chameleon and it looks good. I was actually attracted to the series by Kristy, Andrew, and Alice's story. Read the two reviews for it at this site and seems like its somewhat a watchable series and the first two generations are better then the one that intersted me huh? Anyways could you guys give some advice since this might be next

*Secret of the Heart or Flaming Brothers - Read that both series are similar except a little diffence. Which one is better though? For me it seems like Secret of the Heart has a cast that I know more of, but Flamin Brothers has Patrick and Michael!! Lol, I somehow like these two I lot and makes Flaming Brothers lean to the renting more.....

I strongly recommend Snow is Red. In contrary to most people, I prefer the story on the third generation. I enjoy watching Kristy the most in here. Her character, Mei Jiangxue has even become one of my all time favourites.

Both Secret of the Heart and Flaming Brothers are so so only. But if has to choose one out of these 2, it will be Secret of the Heart.
    Please visit the sites dedicated to the TV dramas, Mainland CCTV Xiao Ao Jiang Hu 笑傲江湖 and HK ATV Heroine of the Yangs 穆桂英 respectively. Thanks!!

fate twisters and square pegs is showing in the Uk now, but aint had a chance 2 see any of them yet

Originally posted by Trinie
    To earth4477, Well even though I haven't rewatched the series again. Judging from what you are saying... I think Fung Bo Bo wouldn't fit that role. Why didn't they cast Mai Suet in it??
    I actually didn't like the themesong in this series. I agree that there were a lot of good themesongs from ATV Series. Some of my favorites are the songs from Heroic legend of the yangs part 1 and 2, Mystic Crane Magic needle, Reincarnated,etc... I have some of those songs already but it would be great if they released again with other songs. Did you ever see Xi Shi?? I saw some of that a long time ago with Lai yan Shan. It was ok...

Trinie,

I don't why until I read the atv review of emperor Qin Shi Huang at
    http://www.spcnet.tv/atv_emperorqin.shtml
    According to it, atv initially casted petrina fung bo bo for the role of meng cur girl in the hopes of bringing up the ratings because when she was younger & much prettier she received good ratings from her historical drama called empress wu ze tian---she played this woman historical figure---in real history she was the first woman-empress to rule china in male-dominated society back then.
    when this atv's 1980's version of empress wu ze tian was broadcast on tv, it received good ratings.

But in "emperor qin shi huang" she bring down the ratings instead of bringing up the ratings according to the atv review of this series.

I watched it very long ago & the main & sub themesong was great in music & singing.

Anyway, ATV have miscasted fung,bo bo in that role in atv series "emperor qin shi huang" instead of michelle yim (mai,suet) who should have gotten a bigger role instead of a minor role.
    Last edited by earth4477; 02-21-04 at 02:59 AM.

Hi Hi again everyone

Creidesca, so did you watch the entire series though? Hmmm...is it like divded into little substories and all that? Sorta confused now since I'm only like on tape 2 or something. Oh, so Annie's character is somewhat small eh? I guess it won't bother me much then Pawn Shop #8? What is this about? Oh, Tian Xin is in this? I like Tian Xin!! hehe

So besides no chemistry between Flora and Jackie how would this series rate? I guess I'm probably going to see for myself since going to the rental store tomorrow night and getting it. Elaine is in this series too? She has a lot of appearances in serise!!!

Lingz, I'll be waiting to see Kristy's performance. This was her first ancient series right? I don't know, but I've never found her acting any good really. I've seen her in several series and her acting is the same. From the preview of TSIR, her face emotion looks really plain like in all her other series.....I guess maybe her character will make me like her now
    Hehehe, so one vote goes to Secret of the Heart. Must go ask around more before deciding

Anyways thanks you two for your comments/opinions!! Really appriciate it
    --------------------------------------------------------------
    Just Rented :
    *Detective Fonan - Staring Li Ya Peng, Shui Ling, and etc. From the title I guess you guys can tell that its a detective series. Its released out four tapes already and I have to say the themevideo freaked me out!!! There was a lot of things in there that scared me, could also be that I was watching it at night. Lol, I didn't even get past the themevideo, went to sleep and started watching this morning. Its okay so far, somewhat slow on the cases. I really like the casts!!! I know most of them, but don't know their names... Anyways read some spoilers and I little disspointed at some things, but I'll be looking forward to more tapes. Here is a picture of the main cast.
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://chinfamily.infinology.com/photogallery/working/konan/set08/k397.jpg')
    Its Li Ya Peng, ???,????, and Shui Ling. That other girl though has starred in the Taiwanese serise "The Mermaid" with Roger Kwok and Yuki Husu though.

Currently Watching :
    *Fire General - Haven't started on this week's tapes yet, but Zhang Ting and Huang Hai Bing finally met one another face to face....well sorta. HHB was wearing a mask Anyways still going by rather slowly. Really hope the story picks up. *2.5 out of 5*

*Triumph in the Skies - I love this week's tapes!!! hehehe, finally more on Myolie and Francis. I espically like the song that was used for the two's scenes. It reminds me of a sing in Family Man. Anyways there were a lot of scenes in this week's tapes that cracked me up!!! I can't remember vividly what it was about, but I know it had to do with Sammul and the whole gang. Will be waiting for impationly for more tapes, hehe. *4 out of 5*

*Who's the True Emperor - Haven't rented this week's tapes since I'm stalling on it. Still on like tape 2 or something. Hopefully I'll get watching on it again tonight. *1.5 out of 5*

*Vigilante in the Mask - I just started on this. Got past half of the 1st tape, but nothing looks real intersting about this series. Not even the themevideo. But I'm rather intersted in Sammul!! I'm starting to like him even more since Triumph in the Skies *Rating NA*

*Modern Virtues of Harmony - Still stuck at 12. rental lady said hasn't come out with any new tapes yet

Just Finished :
    *Year of Chameleon - This is one of ATV's best dramas!!! Its a diffinate watch!! First it does start out slow like most series, but I'll assure you guys it picks up towards the middle/second part of the series. Great performances from the artists and the storyline is addicting!!! Some favorite pairings are in this serise. Like Eric Wan and Joey Meng. Then there is also Gilbert Lam and Annie Man too

Planning to Rent :
    *diffinately*
    The Snow is Red
    That one with Jackie, Wong Hei, and Flora

*Will think*
    Burning Flame
    On the Track or Off
    Green Hope
    Secret of the Heart
    Flaming Brothers
    Yesterday's History,
    Tomorrow's a Mystery,
    Today's a Gift,
    That’s why we call it,
    The Present.

Hi Hi again everyone

Creidesca, so did you watch the entire series though? Hmmm...is it like divded into little substories and all that? Sorta confused now since I'm only like on tape 2 or something. Oh, so Annie's character is somewhat small eh? I guess it won't bother me much then Pawn Shop #8? What is this about? Oh, Tian Xin is in this? I like Tian Xin!! hehe

So besides no chemistry between Flora and Jackie how would this series rate? I guess I'm probably going to see for myself since going to the rental store tomorrow night and getting it. Elaine is in this series too? She has a lot of appearances in serise!!!
    Nope, I didn't watch the entire series when it aired on TV, at first the series did interest me, because I was able to get through the 1st 2 episodes that aired on TV, but after that I totally lost interest...I only caught the last episode because I was waiting for the station to air the trailer for the next series to air on TV (the series that would replace Who's the True Emperor Chin Lung), which turns out to be The Pawnshop #8

Hehe, you might want to check out the download thread for Pawn Shop #8 over at the tvseriesfans.com forum

I watched the Wong Hei/Flora Chan/Jackie Lui drama mainly for Wong Hei, and his character wasn't a disappointment, plus I loved the fact that his locker in the police station's locker room was #28 (my favorite number)...yup Elaine is the 2nd lead actress.

Think I'll go rewatch ATV's Light of Million Hopes again, along w/ the cantonese version of Thunder Cops while I'm waiting for the next new ATV series to be released since I already saw The Chinese Medic Master w/ Kent, Alice, Remus for how many times already within the last 2 months...and in 3 different languages =P
    Currently watching:
    K-dramas Resurrection/Rebirth, Wedding, Farewell to Tears, Rosy Life, Immortal Yi Soon Shin
    C-drama Fairytale of Twin Swords

I'm currently watching Old Time Buddy up to episode 6, it's showing on my cable TV 2 episodes per week...ughhh, moving at snail's pace here. I'm really enjoying Francis' and Gallen's performances in this serie, they are so dumb and funny but I'll have to wait for at least 2 months to be able to get through it *groan*.

And goddess (or anyone ), could you share your memories of this serie with me??? Thx in adv.
    When I wake up in the morning I always remind myself to 'Seize the Day.'

I would recommend this atv's 1980's version ancient drama tv series called 'the tai chi master I' because its one of the best atv ancient dramas of its times,
    iI think its much better than today's TVB's ancient drama series.

The title its 'the tai chi master I' starring casts its michelle yim (mai,suet) & alex man tze leung. They were much younger and better good-looking back then in the 1980's.

The themesong of atv's 'the tai chi master I' is great in music & singing.

A fan also wrote a atv review at the review forum at
    http://www.spcnet.tv/atv_taijimaster1.shtml

Its already released at VCDs boxsets in
    1. original cantonese audio at the asian on-line store at http://www.sensasian.com .

2. in dubbed-vietnamese audio at vietnamese video on-line store.

3. in dubbed-Thai audio at Thai video on-line store.

I wished more of atv's good oldies drama series of the 1980's & 1990's are released in original cantonese audio on VCDs boxsets such as

1. The Tai Chi Master II (sequel)
    2. The rise & fall of Qing Dynasty--Bloodshed in the Forbidden City (1990).
    3. The Four Detectives
    4. Chronicles of the Shadow Swordsman

Hi Hi Everyone!!!!!

Creidesca, I still have the first few tapes of Who's the True Emperor, but probably won't watch it unless I have nothing else. Its finished releasing out this week. Total of 22 tapes. I don't think I will finish renting it though.

Hehehe, you know, I can't believe how good LOMH was!!! I taped the last few tapes and whenever I have nothing to watch that is always my first choice. I do hope ATV produces more seires like this!!!!!!!!

Sorry belki, can't share any memories on this serise since I haven't gotten to see it myself!!! Hehe, you should share some scenes with me though!!! Maybe I'll put it on my maybe renting list

Anyways here is my list of series

-------------------------------------------------------------------
    Just Rented:
    *Young Shi Yan Wen - Starring Jackie Lui and etc. Released out to 4 tapes at the moment.

*The Driving Power - Adam Cheung, Cecillia Yip, Joyce Tang, Michelle Yip, Kenneth Ma, Angela Tong, Helina Tam, and etc. Out to 4 tapes.

Currently Watching:
    *Triumph in the Skies - Up to tape 17. Only 3 tapes this week and nothing extremely great in it either. Hehe, except for Francis finally excepting Myolie!!! Like always, extremly looking for more tapes since next week's tapes should be intersting....... (4 out of 5 stars)

*Fire General - This seires is really dragging way too much!!! Nothing can really save it at the moment. Gosh, even Zhang Ting and Huang Hai Bing scenes are sooooo limited. I think so far they have only had 4 scenes togehter...... (2.5 out of 5 stars)

*Vigilante in the Mask - I'm up to like tape 5 and its okay. Rather amusing at times. I really think its funny how Tavia and that other girl are competing for Deric I can't wait to see more of Sammul though. My dad was watching the last few tapes last night and I caught some clips. Hehe, Sammul and that other girl look cute togehter, but I don't really like their pairing. I think they look really cool togehter while fighting side by side however. Gotta get movign faster on this series though. (3 out of 5 stars)

*Detective Fonan - Gosh, the cases in this series are really creepy and intersting!!!! There isn't a lot of things I can say bad about this series. It really meets my qualifications of a mystery. Actually one thing is that the mysteries are a bit easy to figure out who is teh muderer and all, but it really gets you freaked out while watching!!! At least me. Can't watch this at night, hehe. (3 out of 5 stars)

*Modern Virtues of Harmony - Still haven't gotten anywhere. Gosh, hurry and release it out!!!!

*The Snow is Red - I'm halfway through and planning to get the last half today maybe. I really enjoy this serise, it is a great ATV production!!!! The cast consists of soooo many great vertern artists and even the new comers are exceptable in acting. My favorite charcter and artist in here would be Lawrence Yan. Hehe, go into The Snow is Red thread in the ATV section to read my huge comment!!! (4 out of 5 stars)

Planning on Getting:
    (New to list)
    *Pursuit of Justice - Singapore Series starring Edmond Chen, Fann Wong, Joey Swee, and etc.
    (Everythign else)
    *Burning Flame
    *On the Track or Off
    *Healing Hands 2
    *Green Hope
    *Secret of the Heart/Flaming Brothers.
    Yesterday's History,
    Tomorrow's a Mystery,
    Today's a Gift,
    That’s why we call it,
    The Present.

Currently re-watching Fearless Duo and Summer Kisses Winter Tears. Bring a lot of memories with both the deceased main actresses.

Hei goddess, I'm still up to eps. 8 for Old Time Buddy, the show is in Mandarin with no subs and I can't clearly describe word by word (just learning this language for +/- 3 months ). But you'll definitely have a good laugh with Francis' & Gallen's performances. Francis always move his left hand up and down every time he's on take (filming), even when he's hugging his hand wouldn't stop moving up and down..up and down.. He's very good playing a really 'bad actor'... Jessica's leading a dual life -- as a famous actress (whom Francis 'despised' in the beginning) and as a common girl with spectacles (whom Francis liked). In the earlier epsisodes Gallen always ended up injured every time he's around Maggie and so he tried to avoid her in every means. That's all for now.

Thanks belki for telling me a little on the series. Hehe, this sounds like a rather amusing series huh? Who else is in the cast besides the four you have mentioned already. I think I read the review a while ago and if I remember right, isn't Louis Koo also in here? What rating would you give the series?
    Yesterday's History,
    Tomorrow's a Mystery,
    Today's a Gift,
    That’s why we call it,
    The Present.

U're welcome goddess, other cast that I know the name is Joyce Tang, however, her role was brief but I liked her 'innocent' performance, very different from the Joyce I'm used to seeing, and no, Louis Koo's not in it. They still have the review here at SPCNET (old archive). About my rating, given to my limited comprehension of the 'witty dialogues' I'd give it a 4 out of 5 stars.
    Last edited by belki; 03-01-04 at 11:59 PM.

Just finish Looking back in Anger --- still wondering what happen in the end (talked about in my other post)

Rewatching

Burning Flame 1
    The Greed Mask
    Truimph in the Skies
    Secret of the Hearts
    Flame on I am gone...

Facebook Is the best thing since ICQ

Just finished:

1) Innocently Guilty - had low expectation, but it's not bad.

2) Royal Die Hard - Very interesting and different from all the other series I've seen. Deserves more recognition.

Going to watch The Reunion.

Planning to Rent:

Detective Fonan
    Beauty is not in the face;
    beauty is a light in the heart.

-It's beauty that captures your attention; personality which captures your heart.

Just finished:

LOCH 1994
    Wei Cheng

Currently watching:

DoMD 2000
    Xiao Zhuang Mi Shi
    Da Zai Men II

Starting soon (hopefully):

DHTZ II
    Da Tang Qing Shi
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

I'm currently watching Hero a.k.a. Wind and Cloud 2. So far, it's okay but doesn't got as much fights as Wind and Cloud.

I'm planning to watch The Legend of The Condor Heroes 1994 after Hero.

Currently Watching:

Blade Heart
    To Love With No Regrets
    Angels of Mission
    The Luckiest Man
    The Chinese Medic Master

That's all I can name right now ...

I have watched and recommended the following good ATV drama tV series:

1. ATV's 1980's version of "the tai chi master I" already released on VCDs boxsets in asian languages such as original cantonese, dubbed-mandarin audio & dubbed-Vietnamese audio & dubbed-Thai audio.

2. ATV's 1980's version of "dynasty I".

It have received good ratings from viewers.

Hey there everyone!!!!! I've been soo busy lately and my series list has become very large, but too lazy to type it now. Might as well do it tomorrow since new tapes coming out tomorrow. YAY!!!

belki, so Joyce Tang is in it? Hmmm.....goddess might certainly think of this. Jessica and Joyce!!! I like both of them and its nice to see another serise with them togehter

Shirley, same with me. At first when I watched Innocently Guilty I wasn't too for it, but towards the end it really captured my attention and I enjoyed it a lot. This is the series that really got me to notice Anita and like her. Plus Edmond too

Yups, same with you. I do think that Royal Diehard was a good series with twist and turns. It does need more liking from the viewers

Are you talking about Singapore's Reunion with Chew Chor Meng, Tay Ping Hu, Terrence Cao, Li Lin, Yvonne Lim, and etc? If so then diffinately rent it. Hehe, once you do and get a chance to watch it, please come into the thread!!!! Not a lot of members have seen this series and I really liked it so watned to talk more on it.

Oh Oh, Detective Fonan is another absolute rent!!! I'm watching it right now and it should end tomorrow. Can't wiat for the end!!! Even though there are soem unsatisfactory with the seires, overall its good

Hehe, talking too much. Gotta run. Bye everyone and do remember to come back and tell everyone what your watching and how it is!!!
    Yesterday's History,
    Tomorrow's a Mystery,
    Today's a Gift,
    That’s why we call it,
    The Present.