Page 40 of 44 FirstFirst ... 303132333435363738394041424344 LastLast

Thread: What series are you currently watching?

A couple of months ago I went for digital TV and enjoyed the 1 month preview of all the digital channels. That let me choose the ones I really wanted when the preview ended. It took 15 minutes to reach a service person  and only 3 minutes for the channels to show up on my TV.  There are some quite good programs on the BBC Canada channel and the time skip option lets me record or view programs on eastern channels 2 hours earlier than local time which gets around the conflict of two programs airing at the same time.  I really like the British TV series Spooks [about spies].

dollhouse, the actress has a good acting and the story not bad, but i read somewhere that the ratings is not very good
    Last edited by kblyear; 03-07-09 at 10:57 AM.

I’m even more impressed with Spooks and how gritty it is. Lots of problems with politicians in high places and some tough female agents. One in partocular has approached a male subject and given him a knee where it hurts the most, followed by a belt in the mouth and
    a toss to the floor before she even starts talking!!!
    Another new favorite on the same channel is Secret Millionaire where they send a self-made millionaire to a strange city poor district where they have to live undercover for 10 days on the same budget as a local. The camera crew is explained as doing a documentary on volunteer work, which the millionaire actually does at 3 or 4 places. The object is to find ones worthy of donations. It’s quite amazing watching the millionaire’s attitude change as they begin to form relationships volunteer leaders and the people they work with, all of which lead to real make a difference donations. This is a ‘keep some tissues close’ series.

Quote Originally Posted by Cesare View Post
    They are all absolute classics, Columbo and Poirot in particular...
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0094525/
    Columbo - as you may know - is rather a very very long series of TV films that a typical TV show: http://www.imdb.com/character/ch0011637/
    Ah, good old Columbo. I loved that series when I was a kid. Sadly, it doesn't hold up well for me 30 years later. I haven't seen any of the more recent ones.

Columbo was originally a segment of a series called "NBC Mystery Movie" that ran on Sunday evenings. It was shown in rotation with other series like McMillan and Wife and McCloud. My whole family used to watch it every week back in the late '60s/early '70s.
    ---------------

Lately I've been watching Tian Long Ba Bu 2003. I've seen about the first 10 episodes so far, but haven't had time to watch any for the past couple of weeks.
    你看这些云彩,聚了又散,散了又聚,人生离合也是一样。

Wo Xing Chang Dan, overall this series is rather good. On Ch. 5, so far.
    Check out: http://samthetypist.spaces.live.com/ ; Currently under construction;Check out http://www.soundclick.com/spcnet07 , provided by Sugar.

Prison Break

i was hooked from the very first episode.

partially because of Wentworth Miller, i must admit. however, the strong brotherly bond that lies in the heart of the show is poignant enough.

Detective Conan. I just brought the whole (current) series from China.
    “我停在原处也许就是为了让大家在累的时候,有个可以回头休息的地方。”

bones and glee

Burn Notice. It's so enjoyable watching the escapades in each episode.

I'm watching Brothers & Sisters and Dexter .these r pretty good tv series

I'm watching Fringe. As a big fan of this Fox TV's hit show, I can't wait to see the next season to get lots of answers.

Banned

Default What series are you currently watching?

i watch anything that catches my fancy. but if i am in the mood to ponder and think while watching, i go for stuff like NCIS, CSI, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by mrcoffee View Post
    I'm watching Fringe. As a big fan of this Fox TV's hit show, I can't wait to see the next season to get lots of answers.
    I'm a big fan of The X-Files too, but when I watched Fringe, it bore me to death. I also hate the lead actress; a very bad actress with a constant constipated face .
    My obsessions: Joy Division, New Order, Bones, The Office.

Do bears bear? Do bees bee?

Currently watching the new Justice Bao series '08(?). It consists of several different stories but I'm watching the one about a woman (and her children) who is searching for her husband (Chan Sai Mei) then later learned that he committed adultery.
    Last edited by Bubblegum; 08-08-09 at 04:59 PM.

On BBC Canada, Spooks, Ashes to Ashes, Silent Witness and Top Gear.
    On Fox, Fringe, a new one, Human Target (some laws of physics and logic do not apply).
    I've given up on Heroes.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesG View Post
    On BBC Canada, Spooks, Ashes to Ashes, Silent Witness and Top Gear.
    On Fox, Fringe, a new one, Human Target (some laws of physics and logic do not apply).
    I've given up on Heroes.
    I haven't given up on Heroes,it does takes time for the character's to develop,as how Tim Kring has explained.This season is alittle different,as opposed to the previous season's where its more broad than specific.
    Check out: http://samthetypist.spaces.live.com/ ; Currently under construction;Check out http://www.soundclick.com/spcnet07 , provided by Sugar.

Anyone watching Entourage? Sick show.

I've been watching the 'historical' series Ancients Behaving Badly. The series is biased but interesting. I watched the one on Genghis Khan and mutterd 'Wrong, BS and other comments throughout. The comments on Jamuqa's death made me shout 'Idiots!', and calling the 'Secret History' a mere PR job irked ne. I hope odbayarb2000 never sees this program, because you'd hear the screams of anger clear across the Pacific!

The only American show I'm following these days is Psych. I like NCIS but it has too many seasons to follow religiously.
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

Watching bit and pieces of this on Youtube. Primeval It's a UK made TV series which might appear to have a same title as the croc movie but this is something else. I can't remember when the movie screened but this drama had broadcasted since Feb 2007. If you are into prehistoric creature stuff vs human vs technology - this is it! It's already at season four right now.

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://files.stv.tv/img/galleries/primeval/episode-two/470x332/04_04_PRIMEVAL_26.jpg')

Anyone else watched this?
    Last edited by remember_Cedric; 02-11-10 at 04:26 AM.
    What can I say? I'm still standing! No weapon against me shall prosper! I am more than a conqueror!!!

I don't care to sit by the window on an airplane. If I can't control it, why look?