Page 8 of 44 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: What series are you currently watching?

How many series do you own, goddess?
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

What do you mean by how many series do I own? Like series I have rented or like series I have have for keeps? lol, me confused Anyways a broad answer would be a lot
    Yesterday's History,
    Tomorrow's a Mystery,
    Today's a Gift,
    That’s why we call it,
    The Present.

I meant own as in "for keeps". It seems like you've seen just about everything.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Lol, okay I get it now. Hmmmm...I actually own a rather big collection of series.

I've got a few series on DVD and VCD. That collection consists of:
    Duke of Mount Deer 84
    Yangs Saga
    Secret Battles of the Majesty
    Fist of Fury
    Hong Hy Quan
    Beautiful Days
    and a few others I think.....

Then series that I own on tapes are like:
    Heartstrings
    Immortal Love
    Legendary Eight Immortals
    Heaven Sword Dragon Sabre 2003
    Ultra Protection
    Detective Investigations 2 and 3
    The Royal Monk
    Sword and Honour
    Journey to the West 2
    A Trust of a Lifetime

and some other ones that I forgot, lol. These are the ones on my minds at the moment. Why do you ask? Lol, yeah I usually watch everythign that comes out :
    Yesterday's History,
    Tomorrow's a Mystery,
    Today's a Gift,
    That’s why we call it,
    The Present.

I was just curious to see if you owned as many series as you rent, that's all. Wow, how do you have time to watch everything? If I tried to do that, I'd probably never sleep, eat, or get any work done.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Default my latest

just about to finish Seed of hope and moving onto from scratch... truimph in the skies

Dont kno where, but it sure is pretty. :]

Brave Heart. And seriously this serie is confusing.
    SarangHaeYo Shinhwa!
    Avi featuring the beautiful Han Ga In! Current Obsession.

Originally posted by Lady Zhuge
    I was just curious to see if you owned as many series as you rent, that's all. Wow, how do you have time to watch everything? If I tried to do that, I'd probably never sleep, eat, or get any work done.
    Lol, I guess I do then Its seriously a miracle how I can manage all those serise!!! The series goes by pretty fast sometimes if there are lots of draggy parts....thats when the handy dandy remote kicks in and fast forwards those parts Anyways usually all the seires I rent are on Friday so I am able to watch it all on the weekend since there is only a few tapes for each series released a week. But I fit in some other serise too.

LOL, there is always time to eat!!! Nothing is as important as food Lol, I procrasinate too much.....: but as long as I'm passing in school I guess.....as for sleep.... Who needs sleep? I'm as awake as ever!!! (goddess suddenly snoozes off, her head falls onto the keyboard and she is out like a lightbulb)
    Yesterday's History,
    Tomorrow's a Mystery,
    Today's a Gift,
    That’s why we call it,
    The Present.

LOL @ goddess. Well, I suppose you're right about food. Besides, I always have to be watching something when I'm eating, since there's no reason why one can't do both at the same time.

Anyway, I've gotten this thread a bit off kilter, so I'm gonna try and right the ship.

I'm almost done watching "Da Ming Gong Ci", and have started to watch "Chang Zheng" as well as this modern Alec Su series called "Xiang Yao Qing Chun". It seems a lot like "A Network Love Story" so far.
    My mom also borrowed "Duo Shi Tian Shi Ren De Huo". Maybe I'll watch it too, even though it doesn't seem like my type of series.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

I'm now watching Drunk Kung-Fu Master.

The plot is interesting, the cast is not too bad, but the love story REALLY REALLY REALLY SUCKS. It drags and drags and drags and God knows when it'll stop dragging. There are countless scenes with Zhao Wen Zhuo drinking and just sitting there. Wth??? If there's nothing going on, might as well move onto the next scence. This is pretty good, but the love story between Kristy Yang and Zhao is just unbearable. It ruins the whole thing. I really want to finish this series, to get over with it. Can't believe I picked this over Find the Light. At least that series has only 15 tapes.
    Beauty is not in the face;
    beauty is a light in the heart.

-It's beauty that captures your attention; personality which captures your heart.

Lol, food is a must have!!! I know Lady Zhuge Usually I always have a series popped in whenever I'm eating......Lol, I think I have a seires poppped in every single minute!!! Multi-tasking is always the way to go

Hmmmm...what are those series you are watching? Goddess can't read those titles. Anyways wht are those series about a little?

Gotten to Drunken Kung Fu Master now? I've finally finished it off with those last few tapes Really didn't like the ending at all!!!! The cast was pretty good, however I don't like Kristy that much and I think her performance here wsn't that great either. Its horrible how the series drags on later, just wait. Also I liked best the story of the 7 guards having the treasure map imprinted on their skin and so forth, but its so stupid how the 7 sorta are useless later on, at least they seem like it

I just saw Find the Light and it wasn't that good either. I think there is actually 16 tapes to the series
    Yesterday's History,
    Tomorrow's a Mystery,
    Today's a Gift,
    That’s why we call it,
    The Present.

Currently watching:

A Step Into the Past

Going to watch soon:

Light of Million Hopes
    Please visit the sites dedicated to the TV dramas, Mainland CCTV Xiao Ao Jiang Hu 笑傲江湖 and HK ATV Heroine of the Yangs 穆桂英 respectively. Thanks!!

Currently Rewatching:
    HZGG

Gonna rewatch:
    Old house has joy
    Duke of mountian deer 2000

and wana watch:
    Armed reaction

I just saw Find the Light and it wasn't that good either. I think there is actually 16 tapes to the series [/B]
    Wasn't that good? Thanks for warning me, I won't get it then. Gosh, I'm gonna tell my mom to quit renting series. The series now are just so so bad. I don't care about the money if the series are good, but it's really bad to the point that I don't even watch them but I already return them.
    Beauty is not in the face;
    beauty is a light in the heart.

-It's beauty that captures your attention; personality which captures your heart.

"Da Ming Gong Ci" is also known as "Palace of Desire"(http://www.chinesemall.com/palofdesdami.html), and it stars Chen Hong. It's about Wu Ze Tian's daughter Tai Ping Gong Zu(played by Zhou Xun, then Chen Hong). I finished watching it a couple of days ago and I have to say that it's one of the most depressing series I've ever seen. I started out disliking it because it was a lot of talk talk, yakity yak, but everything the characters say do have significance. The director likes to have music playing all the time, and even though it's very beautiful, sometimes it makes it hard to hear the verbal exchanges. After watching this series, it really makes me appreciate being a " pu pu tong tong de ren". 4.5/5 stars, though my mom gives it like 6/5
    There are no Chinese subtitles.

"Chang Zheng" = "The Long March" It's about Mao Ze Dong. I'm only on episode 3, so I don't know too much else about it right now aside from what its title would indicate. I'm watching it because two of my favorite actors are in it (Tang Guo Qiang plays the Man himself, and Chen Dao Ming plays his political nemesis Jiang Jie Shi). I'm sure I'll be giving it 5/5 stars before it's over.

"Xiang Yue Qing Chun" is a love story(okay, more like stories) which stars Alec Su You Peng and Yuan Li. It's a lot like "A Network Love Story" in which first Alec's and Yuan Li's characters get off to a very bad start, but then they slowly begin to like each other(of course Alec has a gf and is engaged, but hey). They communicate with each other a lot online, but don't know who the other really is. You get the picture. Anyway, I'm on episode 6 of 20, but this series is really, really predictable.

"Dou Shi Tian Shi Re De Huo" is...yet another romantic series. It stars Ren Quan, Li Xiao Lu, and Zhang Yan. It's supposed to be like the modern version of Huan Zhu Ge Ge or something. Of course I can't tell, since I haven't seen HZGG yet. Anyway, it's about a girl who hates the sight of blood and wants to puke at the smell of medicine, yet is basically forced into being a nurse by her mother. At the hospital, the other nurses treat her like crap and she has frequent "mis-run-ins" with Ren Quan's young doctor character. So yeah, they hate each other at this point. Again, this show seems to be very predictable and the storyline sounds familiar...however, it is pretty entertaining so far. I'm on episode 4. I really like the theme song. Anyone know where I can download it?

Yeesh, I'm such a rambler. You ask for "a little" and I go off on this tangent...hehe...
    Last edited by Lady Zhuge; 01-10-04 at 06:58 PM.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Dont kno where, but it sure is pretty. :]

lol. Lets see series i am currently watching are:
    The New Judge
    The Drunken Kung Fu Master ( i think that the title) lol.
    SarangHaeYo Shinhwa!
    Avi featuring the beautiful Han Ga In! Current Obsession.

I was watching the following:

1. ATV's "venture against Time".

2. Mainland China's 1980's version of
    'Journey to the West'.

3. ATV's "Dynasty I"------this is good, good appropriate casts, good acting, overall good storyline.

4. ATV's 1980's version of "princess cheung ping" -----this is also good, I recommend it to people, the best version of the story of princess cheung ping, much better than tvb's old & new versions.

5. Taiwan's Version of "Master Kwan" other title is "the legend of general guan", I especially like the parts about the character 'zhuge liang' & his wife in the story of "the romance of the 3 kingdoms".

Have any watch the above?
    What do you think of it?

Rewatching HSDS '83's version...couldn't get tired of it. I'm waiting in line to watch the '03 version though.
    When I wake up in the morning I always remind myself to 'Seize the Day.'

Originally posted by earth4477
    2. Mainland China's 1980's version of
    'Journey to the West'.
    I've seen and own this series. The graphics and makeup for most of the more minor characters are pretty sucky, but not bad for the technology at the time. The plotline is pretty repetitive and predictable. The acting really saves the day, namely Liu Xiao Ling Tong, who plays the best Sun Wu Kong ever. I didn't like how they had 3 different actors playing Tang Sheng, though. They should have just stuck with the second one.

Originally posted by earth4477
    5. Taiwan's Version of "Master Kwan" other title is "the legend of general guan", I especially like the parts about the character 'zhuge liang' & his wife in the story of "the romance of the 3 kingdoms".
    I've heard of this series before. Is Guan Yu really overly made up in it? The Zhuge Liang and his wife bit peaks my interest quite a bit.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

??? There's a 83 version of HSDS? Do you mean 86 cause I have watched every single version made.

Does anyone know of a series called Legend of the Millenium Dragon aka Mystery of the Time Swordsman. Those title were released in the papers but are only tentative. The sseries starts out with the story of the 4 Rainbow heroes who defeated the Evil sect and later on establish the righteous sect. Because of a love struggle between the 4 heroes (green fell in love with red and red in love blue but blue and yellow loved each other causing the sect to split) Lots of things happen and the hundreds years later, there emerge a mysterious swordsman with no identity claiming to collect the 4 Rainbows swords: Green dragon, Blue Sky, Red Earth, and Yellow Star swords belonging to the original Rainbow Heroes.
    I read the summary of the series during winter break and it was really good (sorta like a cross between Eternity ( A Chinese Ghost Story 2003) and wuxia novels) and now i heard they are starting to film it. Anyone know info about it?
    Last edited by hkopinions; 01-09-04 at 06:30 PM.
    -Hkopinions

"Happy posting."