Page 9 of 44 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: What series are you currently watching?

Golden Faith, Good Against Evil, and Armed Reaction 4.

Also just finished rewatching Hearts of Fencing.

Originally posted by Lady Zhuge
    I've seen and own this series. The graphics and makeup for most of the more minor characters are pretty sucky, but not bad for the technology at the time. The plotline is pretty repetitive and predictable. The acting really saves the day, namely Liu Xiao Ling Tong, who plays the best Sun Wu Kong ever. I didn't like how they had 3 different actors playing Tang Sheng, though. They should have just stuck with the second one.

I've heard of this series before. Is Guan Yu really overly made up in it? The Zhuge Liang and his wife bit peaks my interest quite a bit.

who's sun wu kong?
    what character does he play?
    I liked the actor who played the monkey king, he acts more like a rascal wildly monkey than the actor named 'chan,ho-man' who played as 'monkey king' in the TVB's sequel of the 'journey of the west".
    Mainland china's version of 'journey to the west, their make-up appearances of the monkey king & the monkeys are more realistic than TVB's versions of the monkeys.

I think the storyline about 'guan yu' is for the most part fiction, I heard that he got his face pinkish or red when he was a young man trying to escape from fire fllames which is more convincing than the storyline in the drama series that he was a former god. The background & the characters of the storyline in "Master kwan or "the legend of general guan" is for the most part from the story of 'the romance of the 3 kingdoms' except it is extended with added parts & characters. You can view some pictures of the drama series under the "taiwan' topic section or in the discussion forum of 'romance of the 3 kingdoms'.

Originally posted by hkopinions
    ??? There's a 83 version of HSDS? Do you mean 86 cause I have watched every single version made.
    Yup, u're right..got mix-up w/ the keyboard, meant the '86...
    And now, I'm watching Man's Best Friend...again.
    When I wake up in the morning I always remind myself to 'Seize the Day.'

Originally posted by earth4477
    who's sun wu kong?
    what character does he play?
    I liked the actor who played the monkey king, he acts more like a rascal wildly monkey than the actor named 'chan,ho-man' who played as 'monkey king' in the TVB's sequel of the 'journey of the west".
    Mainland china's version of 'journey to the west, their make-up appearances of the monkey king & the monkeys are more realistic than TVB's versions of the monkeys.
    Sun Wu Kong is the Monkey King!!! He's played by Liu Xiao Ling Tong.

I think the storyline about 'guan yu' is for the most part fiction, I heard that he got his face pinkish or red when he was a young man trying to escape from fire fllames which is more convincing than the storyline in the drama series that he was a former god. The background & the characters of the storyline in "Master kwan or "the legend of general guan" is for the most part from the story of 'the romance of the 3 kingdoms' except it is extended with added parts & characters. You can view some pictures of the drama series under the "taiwan' topic section or in the discussion forum of 'romance of the 3 kingdoms'.
    Frankly, I don't know why Guan Yu is known to have a red face. There's nothing in SGZ about this at all. The face burning is definitely fictional and Guan Yu only became God of War after the RTK time period. I'll check out the pics later, but I hope they don't ruin my image of him from the mainland RTK series.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Currently, I'm finishing up "Chang Zheng", am watching "Kingdoms in the Spring and Autumn Period of the Eastern Zhou Dynasty", "Sun Zi Bin Fa"(the 13 episodes one), and am about to start "Da Han Tian Zi". I have to finish all of this in the next nine days. So...how are my odds?
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Currently, I'm finishing up "Chang Zheng", am watching "Kingdoms in the Spring and Autumn Period of the Eastern Zhou Dynasty", "Sun Zi Bin Fa"(the 13 episodes one), and am about to start "Da Han Tian Zi". I have to finish all of this in the next nine days. So...how are my odds?

So is it good or bad to watch it?

So is it good or bad to watch it?
    Good, of course. Watching TV series is always fun...or am I misunderstanding what you're asking here...?
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Good, of course. Watching TV series is always fun...or am I misunderstanding what you're asking here...?

well, not all tv series are good to watch & some are crappy series not worth watching. I have purchased some tv series that I thought was good to watch but I was soooooo disappointed when it turn out some are crappy series, not worth watching at all.

well, not all tv series are good to watch & some are crappy series not worth watching. I have purchased some tv series that I thought was good to watch but I was soooooo disappointed when it turn out some are crappy series, not worth watching at all.
    Oh, I understand what you were asking about now. I meant like watching TV series itself is fun, but you're right, some shows just suck.
    I'm not done watching the series that I'm currently watching, but once I am, I'll post my opinions about them here.

Just out of curiosity. What were some of the series that you thought would be good to watch, but disappointed you a lot after you watched them?
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

LOCH 03
    SPCNET07 Duets and Solo's for Summer 2007! Come and listen

www.soundclick.com/spcnet07

No problem Shirley, but you still might like the series. So did you watch it?

Lol, thanks Lady Zhuge for the infos on those series "Dou Shi Tian Shi Re De Huo" sounds somewhat intersting

Now on with my list of serise

Currently Watching:
    *Seed of Hope - 3 out of 5. Its pretty good. Kenix is like herself in other series. Patrick seems a bit akward in the series....Overall the storyline isn't bad, pretty enjoyable. I really like how it focuses on the different problems that kids go through.

*Romantic Inn - 2.5 out of 5. This series has two parts and the company decided to put both parts in one so I've gotta rate it as a whole. But the series would get a 3.5 for the first part and a 2 for the second part. The cast is okay and the storyline is okay too.

*Clans of Intrigue - NA stars. I haven't started on this series yet.

*All In - NA stars. Only saw a few minutes, need to start on it. But Lee Byung Hung looks really good!!! Lol, I like his look in BD better, but this one fits him for this series!!!

*Modern Virtues of Harmony - NA stars. I haven't gotten the new tapes yet. Need to ask my store about this

Just Finished :
    *A Chinese Ghost Story/Eternity - 3.5 out of 5 stars. I really enjoyed this series and the casting was strong. But I thought the two main leads were protrayed by weak stars. I really couldnot stand Daniel or Barbie!!! However the rest were great, espically the vetern artists like Yuen Wah and Tian Nui!!!

*The Reunion - 4 out of 5 stars. Finished this up a few weeks ago and I think this is one of the best Spore series I've seen!!! The cast was strong and every character had something that I admired about them. Had a good storyline also

Rewatching/Finished Rewatching
    *Colourful Life - 3 out of 5. I still liked this series as much as when I first saw it. Gives me laugh and I like the casts in here!!

Planning on Getting :
    *Unbeatables - Saw the other two and now its for the first one. Lol, I've been told I'm rather strange for watching the series backwards since I saw the 3rd one first then the 2nd one and now gonna get the 1st one.

*Heavenly Beings - I'm probably going to get this after Unbeatables

*Detective Investigation Files - Saw all the other ones, so might as well see where it all began. Lol, again I saw this series backwards, well sorta of. 3rd part, 4th part, 2nd part, and hopefully 1st part soon.

*Healing Hands - in the series I've been rewatching there has been a lot of previews of HH2 and it looks good and people have told me that the series is good. So I want to watch HH then HH2

*Burning Flame 2 - I saw the second part and it was good. Also saw the preview for this and it looks good. There are a lot of artists I like in the castings too!!!

Planning on Re-renting
    *Bloody Pearls - I don't know. Getting flashbacks of this series and suddenly get the want to watch it again

*Game of Deciet - No reason in particular. Just want to see Nick and Jessica again.
    Yesterday's History,
    Tomorrow's a Mystery,
    Today's a Gift,
    That’s why we call it,
    The Present.

Gosh...what a list you have there goddess!!

If you scroll over to the Taiwen Serial's page, you will see that my time has currently been occoupied by Ji Xian Ru Yi. Am planning to start Book and Sword 2002 next and go fangirl-ish over Guo Liang.
    -Analyticchick

Currently watching Square Pegs
    玉木宏

blog

Goddess: No, I didn't rent Find The Light. Heard so many other people say that it's boring and all.

Well, this is my last batch of tv series, I figured I might as well quit wasting money now.

1. Yang's Warriors - wasn't spectacular, but quite good. I don't think Carman Lee looks as pretty as she was in Return of Condor Heroes. And her character in here is annoying.

2. Valley of No Hatred - The beginning was interesting, but I gave up on it. Didn't get past the second tape.

3. All In - I think this series is good. I especially like the young guy who plays Lee Buyng Hun's character and the younger Song Hye Kyo. They look so cute together. Too bad i won't have the chance to finish it. I really like the sub theme song also, if anyone can tell me where i download, I would greatly apprechiate it.
    Beauty is not in the face;
    beauty is a light in the heart.

-It's beauty that captures your attention; personality which captures your heart.

Originally posted by Shirley

3. All In - I think this series is good. I especially like the young guy who plays Lee Buyng Hun's character and the younger Song Hye Kyo. They look so cute together. Too bad i won't have the chance to finish it. I really like the sub theme song also, if anyone can tell me where i download, I would greatly apprechiate it.
    Try visiting the www.soompi.com forum. They have a huge thread titled Drama Links for Download that has a bunch of download addresses for Korean series.

Hope this helps!

Hey again everyone!!! Goddess is back to present her new list, hehe. Hope I don't scare anyone

Hehe, thanks for the compliment belki. Hmmm...are you a new member? I haven't seen you around or maybe I just dn't pay enough attention.....

Oh so your quiting renting series Shirley? Oh, but do keep with the news of series since some really good ones could be coming out!!!

My list now.....(Drum roll)
    Just Rented:
    *Who's the True Emperor Xin Long. Starring Zhang Tie Lin, Zhang Kuo Li, Alyssa Chia, Annie Wu, and etc.

Currently Watching/In the Process:
    *Clans of Intrigue -Lol, still haven't gotten past the preview.......

*All In -same as the above. See clips of it while my mom is watching, but haven't exactly gotten too into it yet.

Finished Watching:
    *Seed of Hope -3 out of 5 stars. This series was rather good, but not exceptional. The different cases of the kids where all somewhat similar to one another and you could tellh ow it would end up. I didn't like the ending as much either, I just thought it was too blah and all. One thing I did find believeable would be the characters. At least Patrick's. Since unlike other main male leads, he had faults that were shown and wasn't like the perfect prince or something like that.

*Romantic Inn -2.5 out of 5 stars. All together the series was okay. The beginning was really good while the second part pulled it down. It dragged on too much and some of the same things occured over and over. The ending seemed a bit rushed.....could have been better. But the casts was great!!!

*Detective Investigation Files -3.5 out of 5 stars. This series was good!!!! It was short, somewhat sweet, and simple. I enjoyed it a lot. Diffinately has some of the best/interesting cases in here, but some of them make the suspect/murderer very obvious.

Re-watching/Finished re-watching:
    Detective Investigation Files 3 - Good as when I first saw it. Though there were some cases I didn't like as much, but others that I enjoyed a lot. Thing I liked most on this part of DIF would be Joey and Margaret's character relationship. I really liked their pairing and wished that they would have been given more time together. Lol, then again their time was rather large too. I did notice one scene that didn't match well. It was when Margaret and Joey went to Margaret's father's house to investigate a recent murder. This was also Margaret's father's wedding day. Anyways they were questioning him and his wife, but Margaret ran out after getting annoyed with him. Well to make a long story short, when she was in the house she wore a black outfit, but when it should her outside the house she was wearing a red sweater.....lol

Planning on Getting
    *Heavenly Beings - Hopefully my store has the series, if not its either going to be HH or BF. Which one would you guys choose?

*Healing Hands - in the series I've been rewatching there has been a lot of previews of HH2 and it looks good and people have told me that the series is good. So I want to watch HH then HH2

*Burning Flame - I saw the second part and it was good. Also saw the preview for this and it looks good. There are a lot of artists I like in the castings too!!! (Note: Error before. Not BF2, but just BF

Planning on Re-renting:
    *Bloody Pearls - I don't know. Getting flashbacks of this series and suddenly get the want to watch it again

*Game of Deciet - No reason in particular. Just want to see Nick and Jessica again.

*A Step into the Past - Hehehehe, I just love Jessica and Louis together

*Armed Reaction - I have no clue.....
    Yesterday's History,
    Tomorrow's a Mystery,
    Today's a Gift,
    That’s why we call it,
    The Present.

I'm currently watching Sun Zi Bing Fa Yu 36 Ji. I also downloaded the first episode of Peach Girl, so I'll check that out to see how it is and if it'd be worth it to watch the whole thing.

Finished watching:

Da Han Tian Zi: 4/5 stars
    For my more detailed feedback, please refer to this thread: http://www.spcnet.tv/forums/showthre...0&pagenumber=2.

The Spring and Autumn Era of the Eastern Zhou Dynasty: 3.5/5 stars
    It's a bunch of stories from this era put together. Some of them were very good, but others bore me to death. I felt that the second half was more entertaining than the first half. I enjoyed the tales about Chong Er and Wu Zixu the most. Also, they reused actors for different roles that were fairly obvious. However, the makeup was really good, and most of the main actors gave commendable performances.

I also finished all of the other series I summarized earlier, with the exception of the Sun Zi Bing Fa series containing 13 episodes.
    Last edited by Lady Zhuge; 01-25-04 at 01:44 AM.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Originally posted by goddessofhonour
    Hehe, thanks for the compliment belki. Hmmm...are you a new member? I haven't seen you around or maybe I just dn't pay enough attention.....
    I'm not new, just don't post much since I travel a lot and didn't hv much comment to say. ...settling down for a few months now though...

Currently watching...still episode 1, A Chinese Ghost Story.

Just finished re-watching LOCH'03...like it just as the first time I watched it.

I'm watching The White Flame and Survivor's Law. The only reason I wanted to watch Survivor's Law because Sammul was in it. I didn't like him in Reaching Out (stupid Ken...grrr) but he was sweet in White Flame so......
    Currently watching: The White Flame, Survivor's Law

Just Finished: Eternal Happiness, Invisible Journey, Not Just A Pretty Face, Seed of Hope