Page 10 of 44 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: What series are you currently watching?

Hi Hi again everyone!!! I'm trying to make it a habit to post up what I'm watching every sunday...not working since I'm so darn lazy

Hey belki I'm seeing your posts around the board more now!!! So you travel a lot? That must be really fun and all. I would love to go traveling later in life!!! Yeah, I saw you in the Chinese Ghost Story thread. So you are liking the series huh? hehe, hope you get to finish it up soon!!

Hey digital_dream So you are a Sammul Chan fan huh? I find him okay, nothing spactacular. What do you think of him in Survivor's Law? Are you going to watch him in Point of No Return? I saw the poster at my store and he's in there, but idnd't loook good so I didn't rent.

Well here is my list

Just Rented/Haven't Watched Yet:
    *Triumph in the Sky - Starring Flora Chan, Joe Ma, Francis Ng, Myolie Wu, Ron Ng, Michelle Yip, Sammul Chan, Bosco Wong, Kenneth Ma, Louisa So, and etc. Out to 3 tapes at the moment.

*Who's the True Emperor - My uncle stole the series from me before I could even get far into it. Saw the first 15 minutes or so and it looks okay. I'm pretty sure I'm in for some comedy and all. Alyssa looks really nice though!!!! I like her as a swordswomen!!

Currently Watching:
    *Armed Reaction 4 - So far I give it a 2.5 out of 5 stars. Maybe its just me, but AR4 has completely lost its touch. I don't really like how the seires is focusing a huge amount on Bobby and Ada. I like these two, but I just don't like them at the moment. Lol, don't know why, I just am annoyed with them. I am looking forward to more on Joyce and Marco, but I''ve been told that their ending is somewhat bad. What is with making poor Joyce and Marco go through all these bad things? At the moment I'm only on tape 10.

*Virtues of Harmony - I haven't gotten any new tapes yet But I heard that the new tapes just came out!!!! Gosh, I missed it!!!

Stopped Watching/Quit:
    *Clans of Intrigue - I dind't even get past the first tape.....

*All Inn - I would diffinately have watched this series, but had to return the series so quickly that I didn't get a chance. Then again I can always watch from the tapes I have... Won't know the beginning, but at least get the ending

Just Finished:
    Healing Hands - 3 out of 5 stars. I dind't find this series to be that much intersting. There was some scenes in here however that I really liked and made me laugh soooo much!!!! I liked everyone in the casting, but I wasn't a big fan of all the pairings. My favorite from the choices though would be Angela Tong and Nick Cheung!!! They were so amsuing to watch, but I wish that Angela would have made Nick beg a bit more before she gets back with him!! I've come to realize that Nick reminds me of Nicky Wu at some angles!!! My favorite buddy pairings would diffinately be Nick and Steven!!! These two are hilarious togehter!!! I love the scene where Steven is telling Nick to pay him back and Nick says sometime. Then a cop is going to ticket Nick's car and Nick is going to drive away quickly with approval, but he couldn't find his car keys. Anyways to make a long story short, Helen came and gave Nick two dollars to put into the machine and he didn't get ticketed. Also Steven borrowed money for Nick to pay him back so now Nick owes Helen. In the end we see that Steven had hid Nick's keys!!!! I don't think Helen fits at all with Steven, but for the storyline then they do fit. I would have perfered for him with Ada. I didn't like Ada with Lawrence at all!!!

Planning on Getting/Thinking Off:
    *Dark Tales 2 - Saw a preview and it looks really intersting. What do you guys think? Opinions fast since I'm planning on getting this today, hehe.

*On the Track Or Off - I'm a Steven and Ada fan so gotta see this, but I'm stalling. Read many reviews for it and I don't want to be dissapointed though.

*Burning Flame - Still stalling on this. Will get around to it eventually.

*Healing Hands 2 - Saw the first one then might as well see the second part. This will be the last one on my list though.

*Year of the Charmleon - Saw a preview for this and it really bored me. At least I didn't find anything interesting in it, but there was a thread on this and the replies make me find it really intersting. So I'm going to give it a chance sometime.

Planning on Re-renting:
    Same as before.....nothing new yet

Well thats it I think. Gosh, my list has gotten small!!!! Lol, anyways seems as if there hasn't been that much good series releasing or at least nothing that interests me
    Yesterday's History,
    Tomorrow's a Mystery,
    Today's a Gift,
    That’s why we call it,
    The Present.

Originally posted by goddessofhonour

Planning on Getting/Thinking Off:
    *Dark Tales 2 - Saw a preview and it looks really intersting. What do you guys think? Opinions fast since I'm planning on getting this today, hehe.

*Burning Flame - Still stalling on this. Will get around to it eventually.

Goddess,

I would recommend Dark Tales I over the sequel II since I its better.
    I saw this, there are only 2 stories I like in here, one is regarding about the flower spirit & other its about the fox spirit. the are different unrelated stories here. I dislike the story about benny chan ho man the most and I also dislike him and the actress who played as his mother & also, she looked like more like his older sister than a mother. I don't know why doesn't tvb make her appear older like a middle aged woman.
    starring casts are:
    noel vivian leung siu bing
    patrick tam yiu man
    benny chan ho man
    rain lau
    angie cheung
    poon chi man
    jackie lui chun yin
    and others

Burning Flame I----I only liked watching the substory about jade leung tsang & Louis Koo otherwise I won't watched it. I disliked watching that leading actor named wong hei, its annoying to watch him. The only casts I like watching in this series are:
    esther kwan wing ho (her haircut its too short, she looks much better with longer hair), Lee San-San & Jade Leung & Louis Koo. I heard that wong hei is being chosen to be the leading actor of tvb series because he has a god-mother who is the wife of some upper level manager. No wonder he was casted in good leading roles in tvb series, he's not good-looking at all & his acting isn't that good. & while other actors have been casted in minor or supporting roles for years & they are much better looking & talent in acting than he is.

I have already watched the following:

ATV:
    1. The Mad Phoenix---starring casts included: gilbert lam wai sun & elieen tong oi ling (this is released on vcds for purchase)

2. Empress Wu Ze Tian---1980's version starring Petrina Fung Bo Bo & Poon Chi Man & Anthony Lau Wing & Tsang Wai Kuen.

3. Venture Against Time----starring Mai,Suet (michelle yim) & Alice Chan & Marco Lo Hing Fai & Cheung Kwok Keung & others which I don't there names.

Sometimes, ATV drama TV Series is better than TVB drama TV series. I think ATV should do more effective marketing to promote its good drama series since not many people know about it.

Currently watching:

A Step In To The Past (TVB)
    Light of Million Hopes (ATV)

Going to watch soon:

Gods of Honour (TVB)

Hoping to watch soon:

Linked Cities, aka Lian Cheng Jue (China) - Waiting for the VCDs to be released here.

Originally posted by earth4477

Burning Flame I----I only liked watching the substory about jade leung tsang & Louis Koo otherwise I won't watched it. I disliked watching that leading actor named wong hei, its annoying to watch him. The only casts I like watching in this series are:
    esther kwan wing ho (her haircut its too short, she looks much better with longer hair), Lee San-San & Jade Leung & Louis Koo. I heard that wong hei is being chosen to be the leading actor of tvb series because he has a god-mother who is the wife of some upper level manager. No wonder he was casted in good leading roles in tvb series, he's not good-looking at all & his acting isn't that good. & while other actors have been casted in minor or supporting roles for years & they are much better looking & talent in acting than he is.
    I think BF1 is a great and emotional serial. One of my all time favourites. Till now, the 'deaths' in there remain very memorable and touching. Wong Hei's acting is impressive, I feel.
    Please visit the sites dedicated to the TV dramas, Mainland CCTV Xiao Ao Jiang Hu 笑傲江湖 and HK ATV Heroine of the Yangs 穆桂英 respectively. Thanks!!

Hei goddess, I'll get back to Chinese Ghost Story thread after I finish watching the series. Currently watching upto eps. 30... really liked it when Jason kissed Jessica and during breakfast the next day . I like everyone in here except the 2 main lead.

I'm also watching Square Pegs (bits only) from the selected scenes I downloaded.

Planning to rent HSDS 2003, but have to wait in line still. Curious to watch this version, a good thing I don't have anything against remakes. And how was Alyssa Chia, in here?
    When I wake up in the morning I always remind myself to 'Seize the Day.'

hey belki

Alyssia is cute there. She potrays her character really welll. She 'owns' alec ;D Go rent it. It sure is one of the better JY adaptations in the past year. I think its even better than TLBB03.

i'm currently watching Riches and Stitches, Net Deception, and Summer Heat. i'll be watching The King of Tomorrow or something like that later on.

Net Deception's really good. i think you should all go watch it soon! hehe

Just finished watching 'Take my word for it', i thought it was a good series so its worth watching.
    Im currently watching Golden faith, im enjoying it so far, got about 15 episodes left 2 watch.

gtg cya

currently watching:
    virtues of harmony II
    net deception, although i'm thinking about quitting it. it's SO BORING!
    the problem with this world is that everybody is a few drinks behind.

I'm watching "Old Time Buddy", a really old one.

I was watching the following 2 good ATV 1980's ancient drama TV series.

They were popular by then and receive d high ratings from viewers.

1. Reincarnated I
    2. The Rise of the Great Wall

Have anyone watch them before and what do you think of it?

I was watching atv's 1984 version of
    'the rise of the great wall' which its overall good, much better than today's TVB ancient drama TV series.

I would recommend this good oldies drama series to people.

Below its the link of a review written by one of the viewer-fans.
    http://www.spcnet.tv/atv_emperorqin.shtml

The themesong was great sang by Gallen Lo (Law,Ka-leung).

Its available on VCDs for purchase at
    1. http://www.sensasian.com (in dual audio languages).

2. http://www.yesasia.com (in only dubbed mandarin audio)
    Last edited by earth4477; 02-03-04 at 11:19 PM.

I also liked the 1980's drama series of

atv's empress zu tien
    atv's the rise & fall of Qing Dynasty I & II.
    Last edited by earth4477; 02-03-04 at 11:19 PM.

I am currently watching Wei Cheng and will be starting Qin Shi Huang soon. I also managed to download Secretly Loving You, but I don't know when I'll start to watch that yet. Has anyone seen it? If so, how did you like it?

I just finished Sun Zi Bing Fa Yu 36 Ji. I must say that it is a very enjoyable series(well, for me at least, 'cause I just love ancient series) which creatively incorporates all 36 of Sun Zi's strategies into one entertaining, although for the most part fictional tale about the rivalry centered around Sun Bin and Pang Juan. Most of the main actors did a great job, especially the actor who portrayed Sun Bin(Chou Yong Li). He actually reminded me a tad bit of Chen Dao Ming at times. There was some crappy acting though, namely on the part of both the Qi kings(let's just say that I've never heard more fake coughs). The fighting/action scenes were nothing spectacular. The makers seemed to go quite easy on Sun Bin's legs in this series, because I had previously thought that they were supposed to have been cut off or so horribly mutiliated that he could never be able to use them again, but here, with time, he was able to walk just fine with the aid of a dandy cane. Of course what's a series without a love story, right? Well, this one disappointed me greatly. I hated the ending, but I won't spoil it for anyone here. There were no Chinese subtitles save for the parts where the narrator was summing up the end of each episode/strategy. Overall, I would rate this series a 3.5 out of 5.
    Last edited by Lady Zhuge; 02-04-04 at 03:09 AM.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Just finished watching:
    DGSD 03, Yanpapa (Japan series)

Rewatching
    Mukodono/Son In Law (Jseries), My Madonna (Jseries)

Now watching
    100% Senorita (Twins), TimeKeeper (Jseries)

GF
    Virtues of harmony 2

Hey everyone!!! How's everyone doing hmmmm? Hehehe, hopefully good

Thankie earth for giving me some opinions and comments on Dark Tales 2 as well as Burning Flame 1!!! I really appriciate it since it contributes to when I will get around to renting it.

Anyways I think the actress you are referring to is Louisa So who played as Benny Chan's mom in that one tale. I would agree that it would have been somewhat better to make her look a bit older, but I thought she did look like a mother to him in ways. A complient I have for that story is that they made Derek look too old even though I can understand at times why he looks that old and all.

Right now I've gotten through 4 stories and I'm on the one between Noel and Patrick....at least I think its patrick. I've seen him in several series, but those were all modern so I can't recognize him very well in ancient, but it looks like him. Anyways from the stories I've seen I really dislike the one between Jakie and Noel. Mostly because of how unfaithful Jakie was to Noel and all, but that was the "moral" of the story anyways. The other stories are okay.....

Oh you are so right earth!!! ATV comes out with some of the "best" and most intersting series that I've seen!!! Espically recently, like Thunder Cops and Light of Million Hopes. Not to mention that they have really good stars in the business too!!! If only ATV could make their series become more noticable and all.
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    Hey there belki!!! Oh yes, that scene was hilarious!!! I was laughing so hard....Jason looked really funny with a shock and scared look on his face once Tian Nui started chocking him!!! hehehe, funnier thing is that Jessica was sitting there smiling and giggling!!!

Oh I thought Square Pegs was really good though there was its boring scenes and of course I was unsatisfied with the ending but I'm over it now. Hope you enjoy what you see of it.

I saw HSDS03 a while ago and I have it actually. Anyways I perfered Guo Yuan Yuan over Alyssa. I've always liked the character of Zhao Min more then Zhou Zhi Ruo, but in this adaption, I found ZZR more intersting and I sympathized more for her. Alyssa's Zhao Min just made me sorta annoyed a bit since I wasn't a big fan of her and Alec's mushy relationship. It was just a bit too much mushiness for me........... However overall the series was okay and probably ranks in 2nd place
    -----------------------------------------------------------
    Hey icebluexangel and gumball I'm curious to know if Net Deception is the newly released series with Wong Hei, Tiffany Lam, Eddie Kwan, Myolie Wu, and etc? Or is this another serise? Thankies
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    The_One and Only, so did you finish up Golden Faith yet? What did you think? Hehe, don't you find Deric rather amusing in here? I thought he was just hilarious
    ---------------------------------------------------------
    Oh Lady Zhuge, the serise Qin Shi Huang that you are going to watch, is it new also? Hehehe, its about emperor Qin Shi Huang isn't it? I'm curious on this series, when you get around to watching it please do tell me what you think since I have a interest with him and that dynasty and all
    -------------------------------------------------------------

Well on with my list....actually nothing really to post on since I usually get my series on Fridays and thats when I get time to watch. So haven't gotten any new tapes. Then again as you guys might have notice, I've rented Dark Tales and its okay. Gets a 2.5 out of 5 stars. Hopefully it'll pick up with more intersting stories. Also I've rented 6 more tapes to Armed Reaction 4. Would have finished the seires if only the store had tape 22 Anyways I really dislike Ada in here!!! Bobby is okay, but I can't stand Ada's role anymore. You know, I like the pairing of Bobby with Yoyo!!! It would be nice if they get to end up togehter. I don't want bobby with ada anymore since it would be too obvious and all, but they end up don't they? Oh I love the relationship between Marco and Joyce!!! Its so touching how when Marco was accused of killing Angie, he siad it didn't matter who thought what as long as Joyce believed him
    Yesterday's History,
    Tomorrow's a Mystery,
    Today's a Gift,
    That’s why we call it,
    The Present.

Which version of
    'Emperor Qin Shi Huang' is better---referring to ATV's 1980's version & recent Mainland China version?

I liked the atv's 1980's version overall because of the appropriate casts, acting , great themesong & storyline.

I have not watch mainland's version, is it any good? What did you think of it?

Originally posted by goddessofhonour

Oh you are so right earth!!! ATV comes out with some of the "best" and most intersting series that I've seen!!! Espically recently, like Thunder Cops and Light of Million Hopes. Not to mention that they have really good stars in the business too!!! If only ATV could make their series become more noticable and all.
    :
    I don't know about recent atv series but I do like some good oldies atv series of the 1980's & 1990's.

Who are the casts & storyline of
    'thunder cops' & 'light of million hopes''?

goddess: Yes, the Qin Shi Huang series I'm going to watch is the mainland one from 2001, so it's pretty new.

earth: I've never seen the ATV series, so it would be difficult for me to say which is better.

I was told by several people that this mainland version is really good, but I'll let you guys know if I agree once I have finished it.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Originally posted by earth4477
    I don't know about recent atv series but I do like some good oldies atv series of the 1980's & 1990's.

Who are the casts & storyline of
    'thunder cops' & 'light of million hopes''?
    why don't you visit their official homepages =P

Thunder Cops: http://www.hkatv.com/drama/thundercops

Light of Million Hopes: http://www.hkatv.com/drama/million_hope/

Venture Against Time: http://www.hkatv.com/sonfrompast

forgot to mention if you want to give Thunder Cops a try, someone will be seeding the 1st 2-4 episodes of the series (cantonese version, ripped from VCD to mpg) throught BT later this weekend or sometime next week
    Last edited by creidesca; 02-05-04 at 02:01 PM.
    Currently watching:
    K-dramas Resurrection/Rebirth, Wedding, Farewell to Tears, Rosy Life, Immortal Yi Soon Shin
    C-drama Fairytale of Twin Swords