Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: New Legend of Chu Liu Xiang (楚留香新传)2011

Shouldn't be, Zhang Jie Jie is the one wearing red in the trailer. If so, her height is different with this girl in pink. No idea who this girl is though ^^;;

The girl in pink is definitely Zhang Jiejie.

Quote Originally Posted by Xaari View Post
    The girl in pink is definitely Zhang Jiejie.
    LOL okay...
    I really wish they announce the date already >_>;

Anyone can provide some family background of Zhang Jie Jie?

Watching the series right now and so far I am very impressed. There are some recognizable name for actor but most of the actresses are less well-known. There's good pacing with the story and it's not super draggy like other remakes. So far I like this adaptation just as much as Lu Xiao Feng 2007. Both seemed to go under the radar but much better than other previous overhype remakes.

Quote Originally Posted by drymonkey View Post
    Watching the series right now and so far I am very impressed. There are some recognizable name for actor but most of the actresses are less well-known. There's good pacing with the story and it's not super draggy like other remakes. So far I like this adaptation just as much as Lu Xiao Feng 2007. Both seemed to go under the radar but much better than other previous overhype remakes.

I didn't know it release. where did you see it.

It's already dubbed in viet...up to 35 eps so far. As much as I loved the old tvb CLH, the pacing in this one is excellent...Very addictive indeed

This is the most faithful adaption from the novels of all CLH drama that ever released. Almost pulled out directly from the novels, the plot, the mysteries, the characters, the conversations are almost exactly from the novels. This series are based on the individual chapters (or we can call it cases) based on a long novel series. So far I am only half way through the series which contains book 4, 5 and 6. I believe the series starts with the "Legend of the Crescent Moon", and I am currently at "Legend of the Bat". I wish the series would start from first 3 chapters, which are my favorite chapters. Those chapters have some of my favorite plots/villains (No Flower Monk, Jade Guanyin, and Water Matriarch) etc.

From what I see this is a low budget series, there are a lot of unknown actors/actresses. But I am fine with what I see, everyone play their roles correctly. Imagine if we have a bigger budget for this series this would be the best CLH series. I'd recommend this series to any CLH fans especially fans of the novels. All of earlier adaptions strayed too much away from the plots/characters from the novels. If you want to know the true plots/characters from the novels, watch this series.

is just me or this series feel like 80 series, instead of this decade, the choreographer & costume look odd

Just took a look at the trailer after watching the vietdubbed version and realized the 10min+ trailer didn't include any of the characters/scenes from "The Legend of the Bat", so they might have not filmed that portion of the series yet when the trailer was released? Also, the trailer didn't feature 1 of the girls from "Legend of the New Moon".
    Currently watching:
    K-dramas Resurrection/Rebirth, Wedding, Farewell to Tears, Rosy Life, Immortal Yi Soon Shin
    C-drama Fairytale of Twin Swords

New Legend of Chu Liu Xiang (楚留香新传)2011, this 40 eps series appears to have already been released in Korea more than a half year ago and later other parts of Asia... but no China release?? Has anyone heard any info concerning this series....??
    Last edited by szfong; 01-30-13 at 07:50 PM.

^ Yeah, it's so strange. I can't find it anywhere!

so any1 have a site where i can watch this?

These things are usually caused by "cheap" co-productions, to offset risk/costs. Either the quality is so bad, or there is a $$$ dispute between "shareholders/stars/royalties/etc.."

They should learn from history and get everything done on paper... or either have a big company/station covering its backs...

I saw the 1st 2 eps... omg someone please help me find a place to watch/buy this series!

I think this might be it:

http://movie.douban.com/subject/5392061/

But it's not working for me right now

dont know how to watch anything on that site Lol but thanks for trying j2

They might do another remake since every series is being remaked right now.

Quote Originally Posted by j2j2j2 View Post
    I think this might be it:

http://movie.douban.com/subject/5392061/

But it's not working for me right now
    You MUST register/create an account, log-in AND then download and install one of their trojan horse program...

Quote Originally Posted by szfong View Post
    These things are usually caused by "cheap" co-productions, to offset risk/costs. Either the quality is so bad, or there is a $$$ dispute between "shareholders/stars/royalties/etc.."

They should learn from history and get everything done on paper... or either have a big company/station covering its backs...
    The same team is working on the 2013 (filming began in late 2012) version of Full Moon Curved Sabre. Ken Chang takes on the role of Ding Peng. Yang Xue as Qing Qing, Liu Yan as Qin Ke Qing, the actress who portrayed Zhang Jiejie in Chu Liu Xiang Xin Zhuan will be playing Xie Xiao Fung's daughter. I think there's a high chance they'll be faithful to the novel because Qing Qing's maid has a role, unlike no such role in Against the Blade of Honour. We also get Ah Goo, Ding Pang's bodyguard.
    Currently watching:
    K-dramas Resurrection/Rebirth, Wedding, Farewell to Tears, Rosy Life, Immortal Yi Soon Shin
    C-drama Fairytale of Twin Swords