Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: New Legend of Chu Liu Xiang (楚留香新传)2011

So they are making a 2013 version?

Quote Originally Posted by SweetSourSalt View Post
    So they are making a 2013 version?
    info on the 2012/2013 version of Full Moon Curved Sword here: http://baike.baidu.com/view/200877.htm#sub9516348
    Currently watching:
    K-dramas Resurrection/Rebirth, Wedding, Farewell to Tears, Rosy Life, Immortal Yi Soon Shin
    C-drama Fairytale of Twin Swords

Quote Originally Posted by creidesca View Post
    info on the 2012/2013 version of Full Moon Curved Sword here: http://baike.baidu.com/view/200877.htm#sub9516348
    Same story as the one with Louis and Noel?

Yes and no. It's that story, but the Noel/Louis version is a very loose adaptation of the novel. So many characters were taken out, and some made even more significant. From the stills I have seen of this new version, it will likely follow the novel faithfully, and hopefully a happy ending as in the novel too.
    Currently watching:
    K-dramas Resurrection/Rebirth, Wedding, Farewell to Tears, Rosy Life, Immortal Yi Soon Shin

Yes and no. It's that story, but the Noel/Louis version is a very loose adaptation of the novel. So many characters were taken out, and some made even more significant. From the stills I have seen of this new version, it will likely follow the novel faithfully, and hopefully a happy ending as in the novel too.
    Ohh okay. It looks good. I am curious of how it will unfold, since the Noel/Louis adaption is totally different. Let see how the story really goes.

Will the 2013 have also xiao li fei dao?

So I've just started this series (you can find it on YouTube now, it's in Mandarin but with Korean subtitles) and I found it to be a bit... slow? The production is actually pretty good, despite having a low budget.

But the biggest issue is I have is that there seems to be too much talking. I mean, they just talk about stuff that goes on and on and on.

Also, there are quite a few voice-overs, so instead of actually showing them do something they "think" it.

Hopefully it gets more interesting as the series goes on, or else my finger's going to be close to the fast forward button.

Quote Originally Posted by j2j2j2 View Post
    So I've just started this series (you can find it on YouTube now, it's in Mandarin but with Korean subtitles) and I found it to be a bit... slow? The production is actually pretty good, despite having a low budget.

But the biggest issue is I have is that there seems to be too much talking. I mean, they just talk about stuff that goes on and on and on.

Also, there are quite a few voice-overs, so instead of actually showing them do something they "think" it.

Hopefully it gets more interesting as the series goes on, or else my finger's going to be close to the fast forward button.
    I liked the pacing of each case, and if I am not wrong all the dialogue is pretty much directly taken from the novel. I actually play this series, or Meteor, Butterfly, Sword 2010, or Hero on the Silkroad, or Da Ming Wang Chao 1566 whenever I am studying for a test. So while I am reading, I am also absorbing the thought-provoking dialogue coming from the TV--I think it helps me focus for some reason.

But thanks for the heads up on finding the mandarin version on youtube! I wonder if some place has the higher quality rip then.
    Currently watching:

Quote Originally Posted by j2j2j2 View Post

Is the series incomplete on YouTube? CLX is suppose to marry Zhang Jiejie in the novel, but why does he leaves her?

Quote Originally Posted by szfong View Post
    Is the series incomplete on YouTube? CLX is suppose to marry Zhang Jiejie in the novel, but why does he leaves her?
    szfong, have you read the novel which contains this "case"? and completely watched through the episodes for this final "case"?

click to show/hide spoilers
    I went and took a look at ending in the Vietnamese translated version of the novel, and the drama series ends like it does in the book. Truly. Chu Liu Xiang does marry Zhang Jiejie, living in that place for god knows how long and she's pregnant with his child. But in order to leave that place and eventually make a life for him and his wife and his future child he has to pick the right path. Zhang Jiejie's mom is bitter because her husband left and forget about her (he fell for Shi Guanyin and was killed by her). She thinks Chu Liu Xiang will be just like her husband. It ends like in the case of the Lady or the Tiger, where it's up to us whether he makes it out alive or not.
    Last edited by creidesca; 03-24-13 at 08:08 PM.
    Currently watching:

szfong, have you read the novel which contains this "case"? and completely watched through the episodes for this final "case"?

click to show/hide spoilers
    I went and took a look at ending in the Vietnamese translated version of the novel, and the drama series ends like it does in the book. Truly. Chu Liu Xiang does marry Zhang Jiejie, living in that place for god knows how long and she's pregnant with his child. But in order to leave that place and eventually make a life for him and his wife and his future child he has to pick the right path. Zhang Jiejie's mom is bitter because her husband left and forget about her (he fell for Shi Guanyin and was killed by her). She thinks Chu Liu Xiang will be just like her husband. It ends like in the case of the Lady or the Tiger, where it's up to us whether he makes it out alive or not.
    I just felt incomplete at the conclusion..... And I thought is was 40 eps... not 38 eps.... The other re-makes had him living happily ever after w/ at least one companion in the end. Although he knows which path to choose in the end, it doesn't say clearly if they are going to re-unite or not. Zhang Jiejie seems to allow him to leave and tricking him to build a home and to wait for her, even though she doesn't plan to leave w/ their daughter (hopefully)... as the daughter will become the new "golden-masked holy lady"....

Alot of scenes has been cut from the novel and the only trusted companion at his side is Hu Di Hua, where did all his other beautiful companions go.... This series is a bit draggy and waste too much scene time on irrelevant stuff... and moves too quickly on other scenes... very bad pacing.... it appears to be a bit under budget, also...

Quote Originally Posted by szfong View Post
    I just felt incomplete at the conclusion..... And I thought is was 40 eps... not 38 eps.... The other re-makes had him living happily ever after w/ at least one companion in the end. Although he knows which path to choose in the end, it doesn't say clearly if they are going to re-unite or not. Zhang Jiejie seems to allow him to leave and tricking him to build a home and to wait for her, even though she doesn't plan to leave w/ their daughter (hopefully)... as the daughter will become the new "golden-masked holy lady"....

Alot of scenes has been cut from the novel and the only trusted companion at his side is Hu Di Hua, where did all his other beautiful companions go.... This series is a bit draggy and waste too much scene time on irrelevant stuff... and moves too quickly on other scenes... very bad pacing.... it appears to be a bit under budget, also...
    I don't think Zhang Jiejie was tricking Chu Liu Xiang. She does believe w/ their child will be able to leave that place one day. She, along with Chu Liu Xiang must be able to change the minds of the elders and it depends on the path he chooses. Zhang Jiejie's father chose to forget he had a wife and daughter upon "choosing" the correct path that would lead outside, leaving the mother quite bitter.

I'm not sure, but didn't Gu Long write the story w/ Zhang Jiejie before one of the other cases? So I guess it would make more sense to have the drama end like it did. Hope for the future. Also, did the novels containing these last cases actually have the appearance of his companions? I was reading Legend of the Bat, and none of his female companions so far has shown up.
    Currently watching:

Anyone can post the link to the 40 episodes here? Thanks much. :-)

How's about you, SoD? I saw that you have the opening and ending themes of this series in your channel.
    Last edited by wkeej; 02-10-14 at 02:46 AM.

With the help of shangster and Athena, I have found a link to this series. http://cn.lovetvshow.info/2013/07/le...iang-list.html. I will watch it when I am free.

Wow..the quality of those videos are really good. I wish I can understand Chinese so I can re-watch the series.

Quite an interesting series. Finally finished the 1st mystery at Ep 4. The only lament is lack of fighting scenes. Hopefully, there are more in future episodes.

The second mystery is even more interesting. There are some parts which I can't understand though. It could be due to my poor grasp of Mandarin.
    1. Why are everyone travelling on the ship? Where are they going?
    2. The two men on horses are shot with arrows from behind/front?
    3. Why must Zhang San (the sea guy) sell himself? Thks.

As far as I remember...
    1. They are travelling to an island rumored to be full of treasures. The island owner invites only the wealthiest people to his island.
    3. Zhang San mentioned that his house is destroyed and he have no money, he can only sell himself to survive.

Quote Originally Posted by limeic View Post
    As far as I remember...
    1. They are travelling to an island rumored to be full of treasures. The island owner invites only the wealthiest people to his island.
    3. Zhang San mentioned that his house is destroyed and he have no money, he can only sell himself to survive.
    Thanks. OMG, I am at episode 11 and the second mystery has not ended. It is a bit draggy though there are some interesting fight scenes.
    1. Who is lady Gao Ah Nan? What is her relationship with Wu Tian Hua?
    2. How did the old man (=detective) know that Bat Prince is Feng?
    3. Does the old man know that the young man who is always with him is dead?
    Last edited by wkeej; 03-16-14 at 02:51 AM.