Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: New Legend of Chu Liu Xiang (楚留香新传)2011

Default New Legend of Chu Liu Xiang (楚留香新传)2011

I haven't seen a forum for this yet, so here goes!

I never got around to watching a single version of Chu Liu Xiang yet, because the guys just weren't very attractive/didn't match my mental image of Chu Liu Xiang. Then, I saw the trailer for this, and it looks promising!

Here's the trailer!
    胡歌 <3

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://images.qianlong.com/mmsource/images/2011/04/11/ylrita201104011039.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img3.yxlady.com/yl/UploadFiles_5361/2011068/20110608160630655.JPG')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTv80NJro1_oelzZRTE1M9lotR2TzrHm GjHF62M1xS0eN4Wuvd-')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i3.sinaimg.cn/ent/v/m/2011-06-01/U4175P28T3D3323294F329DT20110601122859.jpg')
    胡歌 <3

the trailer looks great!! thanks foreversummer!!

Does anyone know where I can watch this with sub?

Yet another Chu Liu Xiang adaptation...
    Hmmm...
    From this trailer, this one has a couple of things going for it:
    1. The lead actor looks a lot like Adam Cheng. At certain angles he REALLY looks like Adam Cheng.
    2. The fight scenes are decent.

Not very impressed with the ladies though -- actingwise and looks. Some of the hairstyles are plain awful.
    Why do I feel that this one was done on the cheap?

Even though the 80s Chu Liu Xiang can be pretty cheesy to look at now, the charismatic Adam Cheng is still the one.

Ive watched the trailer and its looks promising. But can some1 explain the main plot or storyline because to me it just seems like Chu Liu Xian has no purpose at all!

Quote Originally Posted by sakhee View Post
    Ive watched the trailer and its looks promising. But can some1 explain the main plot or storyline because to me it just seems like Chu Liu Xian has no purpose at all!
    Chu Liu Xiang is a suave Robin Hood-like adventurer who helps people in distress... especially the damsels. He's supposed to be something of a lady's man. Traditionally, his weapon of choice has been the folding fan and he is the master of Qing Gong.

As to what this new version is about, I can't help you. I imagine it will follow along similar lines to previous stories. He'll help some and annoy others.

the male cast looks great, especially the two main male leads. but the female cast is all sorts of wrong. the women are NOT attractive in the least bit (at least in costume series) or old. OMG!!! when i first saw pictures of this in another site, i thought they were just bad pictures of the female leads, but after seeing the trailer, i can't believe they did this. the fighting scenes look decent but i like some female eye candy too.
    if you have the time and enthusiasm, please join in on the new and fabulous wuxia rpg fic /rpg discussion. (<--- click here)

hmm this guy look abit weird as Chu Liu Xian. he doesn't have the hero look. and the ladies are soso..

Ah... I've worked out who the male lead is. He played Zhang Wuji's father in Yi Tian Tu Long Ji.
    No wonder he looked so familiar.

Quote Originally Posted by Easter Lily View Post
    Ah... I've worked out who the male lead is. He played Zhang Wuji's father in Yi Tian Tu Long Ji.
    No wonder he looked so familiar.
    oh my god yes! haha i was trying to figure out why he looks so familiar too! haha thank you

This series does look interesting but I have to agree that most of the woman characters aren't as pretty as I would imagine they'd be in a CLX series.

Does anyone else know if they ever did a CLX prequel? Like showing him before he knew how to fight or at least while he was still learning?

So anyone watch this yet? Is.the.fights n story good?

The new Chu Liuxiang series won't air until November. I've been waiting on the edge of my seat for months and months and I guess I still have a few months left to go.

Yeah...the girls are uniformly unattractive...but I can tolerate them if they act well. I'm really looking forward to watching the male leads though.

Where the hell they get those ugly girls from?

Quote Originally Posted by Surferket View Post
    Where the hell they get those ugly girls from?
    'Presses like button.'
    I do agree, i have to say i dont watch series just because an actress is hot but this is a whole new level.

Aww give it a chance. This is why the chinese entertainment industry is flooded with really attractive, but really talentless, performers. No matter if they're stiff as a piece of wood, no matter if their singing is like nails on chalkboard, as long as they're good to look at...

I get why people want attractive actors, I do too, but the performers here aren't offensively unattractive. They're at least above average for sure, and if they act well, it probably won't even be an issue how they look.

when i saw the title new legend of chiu liu xiang 2011 i was so happy, until i saw the cast. the story and title itself were suppose to promise a visually appearing cast but the actors and actresses look so plain. is fine to have 1-2 plain looking actors who make up for it with their talent but the rest should either be gorgeous or have a face that has character or attitude! only one of the chick was goodlooking when past remakes had gorgeous casting. so disappointed
    already

Attractiveness aside, the casting is supposedly quite faithful to character descriptions in the novel. I've checked out the trailer and I think it looks pretty good.

I wish they air this soon, I just saw the trailer recently and aside from those girls they picked up, the fight scene and main lead looks promising (he's trying so hard to be Adam Cheng? ) I agree with Tei and would give those girls a chance, who knows they have a good acting skill which can make up for the look.

Anyway, it is said to air by July this year. I just hope they don't delay it further.

Who is the girl in pink on the cover? Is her role Zhang Jie Jie?