Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Immortal Love

Sorry Waterfall, I have never really run across the songs played in "Immortal Love" I would like to find it too since its becoming a bother to have to listen to the songs from teh series cause its not long enough. Will search more.....
    Yesterday's History,
    Tomorrow's a Mystery,
    Today's a Gift,
    That’s why we call it,
    The Present.

I have it on tape. I taped it long ago with my dad's system. Good begining song. 1 of my favorites.

Cute huh? hehe, they are sooooo cute together!! The perfect onscreen couple Too bad there wasn't a wedding scene for the two in "Immortal Love" this picture was from "Hainon Kopi Tales"

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.boomspeed.com/pearl2007/ChewChorMengFlorenceTan.jpg')
    Yesterday's History,
    Tomorrow's a Mystery,
    Today's a Gift,
    That’s why we call it,
    The Present.

Wow that's a such a kute pic of them! They DO make a perfect couple. If only they dated in real life, that would be cool.
    It's so funny how we set up qualifications for the one we love while at the back of our mind we know that the one we truly love will always be an exception!

Eeeeeeeeeee... They look so kawaii!!!

kawaii means cute right? Then diffinately!!!! Hehehe, it would have been great if they were a couple, but CCM is happily married with a daughter. Happy for him though Hehe, I wonder whats with Florence though? Well no matter As long as they get to star as a couple more often in series then I'm happy!!!
    Yesterday's History,
    Tomorrow's a Mystery,
    Today's a Gift,
    That’s why we call it,
    The Present.

Oh, I wanted to ask if you guys know what the chinese title for the series is? Hehe, Goddess planning on writting a review. Also, Michelle Goh is also in this series She plays the spirit in the first life where she falls for Chew Chor Meng. In the third life she plays the girl who supposedly steals in the beginning and later lives with Florence. Also likes Chew Chor Meng, but sad ending
    Yesterday's History,
    Tomorrow's a Mystery,
    Today's a Gift,
    That’s why we call it,
    The Present.

Originally posted by goddessofhonour
    kawaii means cute right? Then diffinately!!!! Hehehe, it would have been great if they were a couple, but CCM is happily married with a daughter. Happy for him though Hehe, I wonder whats with Florence though? Well no matter As long as they get to star as a couple more often in series then I'm happy!!!

Hai! Yeah kawaii means cute.

Got a question here. K, in the serial, didn't they say that those 2 would be destined 3 life cycles? Then how come in the end he sees her again? Wouldn't that be 4?

Yup, they are supposedly destined to be together for 3 life times. Well I dont' think that they counted the first one where everything began. Since that was when they just met and their birthdays in that time fitted to destine them together for three other ones. Lol, sorta confusing, but thats the beginning of it...not really the start of counting.
    Yesterday's History,
    Tomorrow's a Mystery,
    Today's a Gift,
    That’s why we call it,
    The Present.

Yeah it is confusing... Oh I get it now, the 1st time they met it didn't count.... Ah... they probably had a happily ever after. Oh you know what, I just thought about the master guy & the other lady... you know how in the beginining she wanted to marry him & stuff.... then she became a vampire & he died & reincaranated into his son? I don't think it was right killing her, I mean she just exploded. Tisk tisk.

Yups, probably didn't count the first life time when the two of them met.

Yup, she wanted to marry him in the beginning, but since he said that their birthdates don't match or it would make one of them die faster he ran from her. Lol, quite amusing how she chased after him.... Too bad they didn't exactly really get married, but she had to turn into a vampire and then he had to suicide and recarnate into his son. Same, dont' think that was the right way to kill her off!!!!! Dude, she just got blown up

One thing I did not like was how in the first life she told him that if she dies he should go remarry to another women. Then in the 3 life when she finds out he got married and suicide to be recarnated, she is all "If you knew I was still alive then why did you get married?" Well, you told him to get married Then again she has a point on he knew she was still alive, but then again he couldn't wait for her. Goodness, who knows how long that would be.
    Yesterday's History,
    Tomorrow's a Mystery,
    Today's a Gift,
    That’s why we call it,
    The Present.

Cha... I thought it was romantic how they were fated with each other for 3 life cycles... that's just so cool! *sniffs* I love the writers...

Yeah that was really cute when she chased after him all the time... Oh oh & the whole glow buggy things... Cha! Tisk tisk... I still can't believe she got blown off like that. I think the story would be better if she was alive, see & the they would have the couple group thing... & the main character would be focused more since he lost his lover & there's a couple right there. THEN- ta da! The ending.

Tisk tisk, I think she was wrong for that. I mean he practically used that woman he married to bare him a son & commit suicide to be rebirth into his son. & then later she didn't like him cuz he wasn't as dashing & smart like his old self. Tisk tisk!

Yes, that is the thing that caught my attention!!! The whole they were fated to be together for 3 lifetimes. (Well 4 counting the first one) Its so sweet how Chew Chor Meng as telling Florence about her first 2 lifetimes with him once she found out he was a vampire. Also I was so touched that the reason he turned into a vampire was to save her. Another touching thing is how he has done so much things for her even though she doesn't supposedly love him in the 2/3 lifetime.

Yeah, cute how their like little secret thing was to use fire flies (is that it?) to put into like a bag sort and it creates a lamp. That was cute how he brought her out to a field and started catching fire flies.

Yeah I know what you mean. But then it didn't really say much on that women he married. Like if she mind or knew so we can't really considered him bad. Then again I think that it is totally wacky how he could just suicide and leave his wife like that Lol, that was hilarious how she was sorta comparing him to his father.
    Yesterday's History,
    Tomorrow's a Mystery,
    Today's a Gift,
    That’s why we call it,
    The Present.

ME TOO! Like I saw the previews I was like- Ok, I like what I'm seeing... then when I started watching it, I was like, OK, I REALLY LIKE WHAT I'M SEEING HERE! Yeah yeah, it's so incredible that he found all in all of those life cycles. They are SO meant to be! I KNOW! She was with that icky guy the 2/3 time they met. There weren't any chem between them as they were from the beginning. Gosh they had chem when they 1st met.

Yeah I know... when I was watching "Square Pegs" I thought of "Immortal Love" with the night & romance stuff. I think both are romantic, however I like the fire flies more cuz I like stars & they remind me of stars. Eee.. so cute when his reincaranated self put up glow in the dark stuff in the room to represent they're old secret thingy.

Tisk tisk, I think he committed suicide for her & I think for other reasons like- maybe he predicted of what's gonna happen in the future? I forget... but I think that's selfish of him to leave his wife hanging like that. Tisk tisk, I dunno what's her prob when she kept comparing his new self with the old. Tisk tisk, he rebirth for crying out loud! I think that when you do rebirth, it's a big process so big deal if he lost a couple of his old traits. Tisk tisk!

Yeah diffinately!!!! The themevideo already gave me a good impression on the series and after watching it, it gave me a even better impression!!!!! This is diffintely my favorite Singapore series if not favorite series overall Oh my gosh, I could not believe that Florence would want Edmond over Chew Chor Meng!!!! Another thing is I was so on how Pan Ling Ling fell for Edmond!!!!

Hehehe, watched "Square Pegs" too but it didnt' really bring back memories of "Immortal Love" for me. But now that you mention it, does have some similiarities. Hmmmmm, which thing in Square Pegs though? Is it the candles in those fun boxes or the silvery paper thing that was thrown down? Well, either way both were super! But I actually lean more for the paper that ws thrown down. That was cute, hehe I would be all "ooh, sweet" if anyone did that for me, lol

I felt that the series should have said something more on his wife. All it said is that he married to some lady and then had a son. Gosh, so she has no importance, but to be a toy or so? I'm just super annoyed at that. Then again I don't want her story to like take over really you know? hehe. Hmmm, I don't know. I guess the biggest reason why she kept comparing him to his father/first life was since she sorta felt it was wrong for her to be with him since she feels like he isn't his father. You know? Lol, another confusing thing I understand what she was going through in a way. It was so sweet how he started going after her, hehe. The glow stars on the ceiling was cute too!!!!
    Yesterday's History,
    Tomorrow's a Mystery,
    Today's a Gift,
    That’s why we call it,
    The Present.

ME TOO! This is my favorite Singapore serial! Gosh, talking about it makes me remincnse of the times I was watching it when I was in school... I couldn't get my eyes off the TV, I was so hooked. Another 1 was "Coincidentally", ATV I believe with Anne Man & Frankie Lam. "Immortal Love" & "Coincidentally" were my 2 favorite supernatural serials.

Cha, I always held "Immortal Love" close to my heart. I compare it with most serials I watch cuz I just love the entire concept of it. YES YES! That was "Square Pegs" & oh, how Roger made that pastry the size of the moon for Jessica! Ah! SO CUTE! Cha.. I just think ANY of those would be nice for me cuz effort equals points!

I KNOW! That's why I was a lil' mad that they didn't talk more about the wife. I mean what was she? Tisk tisk, he used her & lose her! She had to bare his son & stuff. So selfish!

Tisk tisk, I guess so... but then I didn't like it how she was comparing him too much ya know? I mean poor thing. It's like- he was raised without a father, that's why he's so bad & now that he found somebody he likes, he gets tramatized of his father & himself.

Immortal Love is wonderful!!! I'm so glad I can rewatch it whenever I want!!!!! Oh, I never saw Concidentally!!! Do want to since Annie was in the series and also Frankie too!!! They are pretty cute, but I perfer her with Benny, hehe

Hehe, this series is diffinately a good series to compare with others!!! Anything that is as good as this one would be considered good in my book, hehe Oh Roger's character was so loveable. I adore everything he did for Jessica!!! Any guy who does anything for me, I would be happy

Totally!!!! Its like she gets mentioned for one minute and then dissapeared. But her character was a important one, but still they didn't say anything on her

LOL, tramitized? hehe, guess so. I can understand how he isn't like his father though. Cause he grew up in a different time era and then was sorta spoiled and so. Another thing is, even if he is like really close to havign his father's personality, trait, looks, and etc, I'm sure she will still find something bad to say about him. Cause supposedly, no one can replace the image of him in her heart. Not even his son/his recarnated self.
    Yesterday's History,
    Tomorrow's a Mystery,
    Today's a Gift,
    That’s why we call it,
    The Present.

OMG Goddess of Honor! You must see "Coincidentally"!!!!!!! It is SO good!!! It's pretty much like "Immortal Love" in away... but not quite. Tisk tisk, somebody should do a review or thread on it. It's a very good serial.

Cha.... Yeah I advore Roger's character... Eeee... If I had a guy like that, I'd love him for the rest of his life.

Tisk tisk, I guess so... but then again, WHAT MORE DOES SHE WANT?! It's him ya know--- just reincarnated! The other 2 couple didn't have a problem with it. I mean it's him, it's him! I thought she was being a lil' too rough on him, poor guy. Tisk tisk.

Default thanks goodnessofhonour

Thanks for replying back to my message. It was nice of you to try to find it for me. Hopefully, someone out there does have a copy of the song to the series "immortal love".

I think MediaCorp released several CDs containing theme songs of various serials. The theme song for Immortal Love may have been in one of these CDs.