Page 1 of 10 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Immortal Love

Default Immortal Love

This was an old series starring Chew Chor Meng and some other people. It's starts out with CCM being a cop in a modern world even though he's really a vampire that lived over a hundred years and he had white hair even though he look young.
    It's so funny how we set up qualifications for the one we love while at the back of our mind we know that the one we truly love will always be an exception!

This series has Chew Chor Meng as the main male lead and Florence Tan is the main female lead I love these two stars and tehy are so compatiable!!! I'm so happy you started a thread on this! hehe, this is indeed my favorite series of all time. I thought the story of how the two of tehm are meant to be together/fated to be together for 3 lives was really romantic. I loved the first life or when the two just met for the first time. It was soo funny how they kept argueing, but learnt to love one another!!! There wsn't much on the second or fourth life so I didn't quite like it as much. The third life was good too, it sorta annoyed me however that Florence had a boyfriend already (Edmond Chen) But I was really happy to see her fall for him finally!!! I thought Chew Chor Meng looked really cute in there, though I wasn't a fan of him and his long hair. I liked the clean cut one Florence was so cute, I liked her best with the braides in the first life and the curly hair in the second one. I'm not quite fond of her with the short curly one or the long striaght one. I have this series on tape and was just watching it a few minutes ago!!!! Love this series
    Yesterday's History,
    Tomorrow's a Mystery,
    Today's a Gift,
    That’s why we call it,
    The Present.

i liked this series a lot too! and its theme song!!!

Yeah I really like Florence Tan in there! She's so kute with those dimples. Chew chor Meng and her make such a kute couple. In some parts of the movie, I was scared cuz of the vampires hehe They freak me out. I wish I had the whole series so I can rewatch it. It was a great movie. Also one of my favorites. Yeah the themesong was great. I just love it!
    It's so funny how we set up qualifications for the one we love while at the back of our mind we know that the one we truly love will always be an exception!

Hehe, I'm sooooo glad I have it, watch whenever I want, hehe Oh, yes the themesong was excellent One of my favorites, it fits so well into the mood of the series too!!!! Did you know that this was Florence Tan's debut series? And she did sooo well. Gosh, I fell in love with CCM's character in here I thought one cute amusing scene was when Florence' character wanted to become a nun cause of her sister's evil deeds, but tehn CCM said he will become a monk instead. LOL, the two of them then argue all teh way in the streets saying how the other shouldn't go be a nun/monk
    Yesterday's History,
    Tomorrow's a Mystery,
    Today's a Gift,
    That’s why we call it,
    The Present.

One part of the series that I really enjoyed would be when that ship containing Florence's evil sister blew up with them on it and then we see flashbacks of Chew Chor Meng and Florence meeting and their memorable scenes. The music playing also put a lot into the mood too Gosh, I love that part!!!!! Hmm...hope you guys know what I'm talking about, hehe
    Yesterday's History,
    Tomorrow's a Mystery,
    Today's a Gift,
    That’s why we call it,
    The Present.

I know exactly what part u're talking about! but I don't remember the song! I wish i still had the movie! Goddess, u're so lucky! i just remembered how good the themesong was! Yes I agree, it fits very well with the movie. I think music is very important when it comes to movies and series. It sets the mood, for example like in All about Eve.......i just loved the song that they replay over and over again. I liked it soo much that I had my friend burn it on a cd for me. I like it how they replay that song a lot in the series. Most movies don't do that. They only play it on some scenes.

Hehe, I'm sooooo glad that you know which part I'm talking about hehe....glad that you don't think I'm crazy!! Lol, I love the themesong and it is indeed good!! hehe, yes I think I am very lucky to own the series!!!!! Yeah, I totally agree with you. Music is what sets the mood for the series and without it you wouldn't really fell much. Hmm......I think that this song fit perfectly in with the series Oh, I love teh music in AAE too!! I think I know which song you are talking about and I've got it downloaded hehe, listen to it over and over lots of times!!!
    Yesterday's History,
    Tomorrow's a Mystery,
    Today's a Gift,
    That’s why we call it,
    The Present.

Yeah I listened to it soo much that I need a break from it now.hehe I just loved Florence Tan in there. She is soo kute with that adorable face and dimples. CCM is soo KooL as a cop with all those super natural powers and flying too? wow.....I was totally amazed at first. That's like in ancient chinese movies! The long hair covered his face a bit....but it makes him look mysterious....soo dreamy........

Until now... I still don't get it how tomato juice is able to replace blood... they are totally different you know. u.u

Yeah I never understood how can tomato juice make them not thurst blood

Oh, I liked practically the whole cast in this series That one girl who liked CCM, in the first life she was a ghost and in the third life she became Florence's roomate. I felt so sad for her ending!!! Hmmm....you know what really annoyed me about Florence though? I can't believe that she got scared of CCM after he had saved her. Also she was like getting all mad at CCM since she thought he had left that one bracelet in her bedroom. Good thign however that she turned to his side at the end
    Yesterday's History,
    Tomorrow's a Mystery,
    Today's a Gift,
    That’s why we call it,
    The Present.

Yeah same here.........tomatoe and blood?? The only thing they have in common is the color RED! Yeah it's about time she went on CCM's side! It took her a while! Gosh! But it's all worth it at the end! I thought this movie was scary the first time i watched it with all the vampires sucking people's blood and the music. heheh Yeah I feel sorry for her too! Did the girl that was a ghost in the first life liked CCM?

Yeah, that one girl who was the ghost before did like Chew Chor Meng during her first life. But because she knew that Florence likes him and he also likes her she didn't force herself upon him. Also she remembered that those two had 3 lives together and knows she is a ghost and couldn't be with him. At least she got to reincarnate!!! Her viet cahracter's name is Tieu Tien. hehe, bad vietnamese..... I enjoyed her character and pitied for her at the end So sad for her
    Yesterday's History,
    Tomorrow's a Mystery,
    Today's a Gift,
    That’s why we call it,
    The Present.

keke i loved this series too
    first time i saw chew chor meng, i pretty much fell in love with him and the long hair and mysterious look he had
    i never liked or had ne interst in tcs stuff, but this really made me change my mind about them

i enjoyed the first and third life the most, they were sweet, but too bad i didn't get to watch the whole thing, coz i watched it on the satellite, and the reception was bad so i couldn't watch it, i realli wish i could have finished it.

i got up to the part where chew chor meng's character has been found to be a vampire in his third life and the evil girl and her bf (also florence's bf) tortured him by putting him on the electric chair and florence was painfully watching wat happened and screaming for them to release him....
    can sum1 tell me wot happened after that plz??!?!?!!!!! i realli wanna noe, and thx.. =] =p
    *£övë ¢härmäïnë §hëH 4ëvä*

*~* mah other faves *~*
    ++ Alyssa Chia ++
    --- Kristy Yeung ---

Well basically afterwords Chew Chor Meng's character was put on trial and he really needed to have some blood since before he was foreced by Pan LingLing to drink that one glass of blood in order to save Florence. (Remember when Florence had developed some pictures for the little kid? She saw the picture of Pan LingLing as a vampire or whatever and went to confront her, but was being like hypnotized until Chew Chor Meng appeared. So heroic I might add, hehe ) (Note : Chew Chor Meng's lawyer is a guy who CCM had once adopted and taken care of )

So without Chew Chor Meng knowing, Florence used some of her blood and mixed it with other packets of blood to keep him alive. Then during the trial, she collapsed and it was called to a few minutes delay. At that time Chew Chor Meng then found out what she had done and was very shocked for it. The trial then continues on and Pan LingLing goes on stand and starts accusing Chew Chor Meng of not only killing people and all that, but 100 years ago he had killed her sister too (Florence's first life) Things look a bit bad for Chew Chor Meng, but luckily his fellow vampire friends and Huang Yiliang came to trial with bodies of victims who was a part of Pan LingLing's experiment to become human once again.

Everything turns on Pan LingLing and suddenly Edmond becomes scared and worried, so he quickly yells out that everything was her idea and he had nothign to do with it. She becomes enraged and turns to her vampire form. She starts to blow things up and was going to use this powder or whatever to kill Chew Chor Meng, but Florence runs and covers him and is harmed. She falls down and Chew Chor Meng seeing this uses his energy to break free. Pan LingLing flys out of the trial and the others follow.

Chew Chor Meng hurries to Florence and he carries her to the park where there is like this tree that they planted in their first life together. CCM starts digging and pulls out a glas jar which held the two grass crickets that they made together in the first life and also that one poem. The two hold onto the crickets and start reading the poem......Florence then dies

Pan LingLing is out at a deserted place and she is fighting with the other two vampires and also Huang Yiliang (Note : The two vampires is that one girl who was in love with Huang Yiliang and the other vampire is Lin Yi Sheng. His son died due to be frozeing in a experiment by Pan LingLing ) All three of them are injured and Chew Chor Meng flies on in just in time. He starts to fight with her and the other three also help. Huang Yiliang starts this one trap thing while the three vampires still are fighting. Pan LingLing manages to rip Lin Yi Sheng to shreads and Chew Chor Meng is injured then.

Huang Yiliang is almost done with his trap and the vampier girl decides to use all her power to kill off Pan LingLing, but instead she is blown to pieces Huang Yiliang seeing this was very sad and he quickly hurries to finish up the trap. Chew Chor Meng was greatly sad at seeing his friends die and fights even more with Pan LingLing. He is able to get her trapped withen some chains and she sees that she is going to die, pulls Chew Chor Meng stuck with her also. Huang Yiliang finally finishes up the trap and releases all the energy towards Pan LingLing and CCM. A big flash of light happens and then the two of them dissapear. Huang Yiliang stands up and runs around looking for Chew Chor Meng. He looks around himself and doesnt' see Chew Chor Meng at all and it suddenly starts to snow. Huang Yiliang then yells out Chew Chor Meng's name and the screen goes black.

We know see a jail car pulling into the entrence of a jail. Inside the cart is two guards with Edmond sitting there. He is in chains and of course taken to jail. He sits there and puts on a strange smile and then turns his head and on his neck are two teeth marks Now we see someone in a car racing to the top of a mountain. Out steps a guy in race car like clothing. It is Chew Chor Meng hehe, he looks around and sees a band of girls playing instruments. His eyes wonder to a girl with long hair playing the harp. She is the 4th reincarnated Florence. He steps over to her and the two smile at one another. She goes into his arms and they turn to look at the city of Hong Kong. The End.

Hehe, how was that? Hehe, hope it was clear enough for you to picture. Any questions just ask. I really love this series!!!!!
    Last edited by goddessofhonour; 08-20-03 at 11:53 PM.
    Yesterday's History,
    Tomorrow's a Mystery,
    Today's a Gift,
    That’s why we call it,
    The Present.

Wow, what a good summary! Very impressive how u wrote it with good details. U just refresh my memory of the series. Thanks a bunch, Goddess It must've taken u a long time to write it, huh?

Hehe, thanks lilvietangelgirl I'm glad that you enjoyed reading it!!! Hehe, it probably took around 20 minutes or so? Since the series is very freash in my mind since was watching it again last night
    Yesterday's History,
    Tomorrow's a Mystery,
    Today's a Gift,
    That’s why we call it,
    The Present.

Here is a really nice picture of Florence in her costume :

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.boomspeed.com/goddess2007/FlorenceTan1.jpg')
    Yesterday's History,
    Tomorrow's a Mystery,
    Today's a Gift,
    That’s why we call it,
    The Present.

Hehe, I've got it!!!! Found out a lot of the castings!!!! The actress who played as Florence's evil sister who is also a vampire is Pan Ling Ling Then the actress who was the wife to Lin Yi Sheng is Xiang Yu. (Note: this is the younger lady, not the actress who played the character when she is around 100 ) Also the actor who played the vampire killer (both father and son) is played by Huang Yiliang. Dont' forget that Edmond Chen plays Florence and also Pan LingLing's boyfriend. So here is the casts so far :

Chew Chor Meng
    Florence Tan
    Pan LingLing
    Lin Yi Sheng
    Xiang Yu
    Huang Yiliang
    Edmond Chen
    Michelle Goh
    Last edited by goddessofhonour; 08-31-03 at 08:38 PM.
    Yesterday's History,
    Tomorrow's a Mystery,
    Today's a Gift,
    That’s why we call it,
    The Present.

Thanx for researching, Goddess! I like Florence's evil sister, Pan Ling Ling! I thought she was really pretty in the modern life! Did u see all those gorgeous dresses she wore??? it was so pretty! and she look really beautiful in it!