Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: 《大漠谣》 Da Mo Yao Novel Discussion (SPOILER WARNING!)

Quote Originally Posted by koolangel297 View Post
    Great minds do indeed think alike!
    @H.Ge-C.Liu, I read that too! The only novel that ever made me teary (not even the tragic ending in BBJX did). He is probably just as perfect as HQB or maybe even better. Such a bittersweet story especially when I read why he 'neglected' her and how he fell in love when she nursed the 'black snake'. Was it really him in the end?

Edit: I read Eastern Palace too and loved how the story ended. I like FWSC novels too (except Jia Qi Ru Meng) because aggressive sadistic guys are HOT!
    Hope they don't change the ending in the adaptation of Eastern Palace like how they ruined Endless Love.
    Do you mean TLTW? Yes, I believe in the end, it was Ye Hua who beckoned to Bai Qian ('Qian Qian, come here.') I was literally bawling in the second last chapter, even though I knew Ye Hua would be resurrected in the last chapter (from watching fan made mvs) . Teared up in the last one too. BBJX's ending was tragic, but it didn't hit me as hard as Tang Qi's TLTW.

As for Eastern Palace, from what it says on baidu, the plot seems quite different (maybe the plot will be more accurate closer to the release date):

大唐年间,为止息兵戈,西凉公主小枫远嫁大唐。小枫不愿接受“无爱”的政治婚姻,反抗无果后迫于大局与太子 李承鄞达成“契约婚姻”。因为性格冲突以及各自的情感追求,“婚后”二人上演了一连串令人啼笑皆非的乌龙事 件。小枫渐渐发现,表面光鲜平静的东宫,实际上暗流涌动。以张皇后为首的外戚集团对太子之位虎视眈眈,甚至 发动政变逼迫皇帝退位,企图让其亲子李承郅继承大统。而宫外也有一股以陈家欲为首的神秘力量想要借东宫之力 谋刺皇上。正义勇敢的小枫协助李承鄞度过重重危机,在这个过程中,她察觉到自己对李承鄞的态度不知不觉发生 了变化,原来一直执着寻求的爱情其实早已悄然来到了身边。最终打败了阴谋家,重掌大局,而此时,东宫的这一 切对他们来说已经不再重要了,真正重要的是两人的爱情,还有慢慢修复被阴谋撕碎的亲情
    Biases: Hu Ge, Qiao Zhenyu, Liu Shi Shi
    Jiang Hu Fansubs - Recruiting members (especially translators).

^What? That is not an adaptation of the novel! Sounds like a typical idol series about contract marriages.

I was worried that Ye Hua's appearance in the end was just QQ's imagination... Now that its not, I'm going to read it again!

Back to DMY, I think Tong Li Ya would suit the ethereal beauty of Li Yan, as in the fan made mv of DMY posted a few days earlier (this is hardly a book discussion topic, but anyways.)

Quote Originally Posted by H.Ge-C.Liu View Post
    Back to DMY, I think Tong Li Ya would suit the ethereal beauty of Li Yan, as in the fan made mv of DMY posted a few days earlier (this is hardly a book discussion topic, but anyways.)
    Lol. She was the exact person that came to my mind when I was thinking about the person for Li Yan, but then I was put off the idea after reading a whole bunch of posts on the Chinese boards.

We really need a drama discussion thread but since it's not exactly in production we have to wait *sigh*

So that this post is valid in terms of novel discussion, I think the two chapters written from Meng Jiu's perspective were two of the most emotionally moving parts in the story, would there be a scene any of you want to read from HQB's perspective?

For me, I would have loved to read the part where he sees her in the blue dress on the night she waits for Meng Jiu all the way till he puts her to sleep after she's fully drunk. I think it'll be a really powerful scene.

Quote Originally Posted by koolangel297 View Post
    I was worried that Ye Hua's appearance in the end was just QQ's imagination... Now that its not, I'm going to read it again!
    She also wrote an "extra" after the book was published. I think it pretty much confirms that it wasn't just BQ's imagination.

http://www.jjwxc.net/onebook.php?nov...2&chapterid=72

Quote Originally Posted by Mangoberrie View Post
    We really need a drama discussion thread but since it's not exactly in production we have to wait *sigh*
    I'll definitely be making a drama thread for DMY when production starts. You have my word.

So that this post is valid in terms of novel discussion, I think the two chapters written from Meng Jiu's perspective were two of the most emotionally moving parts in the story, would there be a scene any of you want to read from HQB's perspective?

For me, I would have loved to read the part where he sees her in the blue dress on the night she waits for Meng Jiu all the way till he puts her to sleep after she's fully drunk. I think it'll be a really powerful scene.
    That, and the scene where Jin Yu swaps the story Hong Gu told her (when a woman sees a man...). I would love to know HQB's inner thoughts about this.
    Another one would be when he was shot by a poisonous arrow near the end. IMO, it would be quite moving if HQB recounts his thoughts (provided he is conscious some of the time, of course).

Quote Originally Posted by Ren Ying Ying View Post
    She also wrote an "extra" after the book was published. I think it pretty much confirms that it wasn't just BQ's imagination.

http://www.jjwxc.net/onebook.php?nov...2&chapterid=72
    Reading the extra brings back so much. 'Tuan Zi' is too cute. Although after recovering her memories (and with another child), BQ has definitely mellowed.
    Last edited by H.Ge-C.Liu; 10-15-11 at 02:08 AM.

NEWS
    DMY filming will start next year, 2012 (Jan or Feb). TR was going to film it this year, but Tong Hua suggested filming once the weather becomes warmer can better express the feeling of the 'desert'. They will be filming at Dun Huang Filming Studios (where TR filmed a part of XYS). Karen says the fans' wanted HG to lead DMY the most, but she hasn't decided yet.

-No mention of LSS (probably because DMY readers know she doesn't suit JY) doesn't mean there won't be ShiGe. Still keeping my hopes up.

NEWS
    DMY filming will start next year, 2012 (Jan or Feb). TR was going to film it this year, but Tong Hua suggested filming once the weather becomes warmer can better express the feeling of the 'desert'. They will be filming at Dun Huang Filming Studios (where TR filmed a part of XYS). Karen says the fans' wanted HG to lead DMY the most, but she hasn't decided yet.

-No mention of LSS (probably because DMY readers know she doesn't suit JY) doesn't mean there won't be ShiGe. Still keeping my hopes up.
    Thanks for the update! I just hope they can keep to the dates and not end up pushing it back. Frankly, I'm quite worried about the parts of the story that involves the wolves. I'm also concerned that Yu Zheng will do something stupid and film Yun Zhong Ge in 2 months and show it before DMY *faints*

BTW, is there a way to keep up-to-date with Tang Ren's productions, their official website doesn't seem to get updated and appears to have been abandoned quite some time ago. I'm also interested about how they are going with TLTW.

Thanks for the update! I just hope they can keep to the dates and not end up pushing it back. Frankly, I'm quite worried about the parts of the story that involves the wolves. I'm also concerned that Yu Zheng will do something stupid and film Yun Zhong Ge in 2 months and show it before DMY *faints*

BTW, is there a way to keep up-to-date with Tang Ren's productions, their official website doesn't seem to get updated and appears to have been abandoned quite some time ago. I'm also interested about how they are going with TLTW.
    Not really. TR doesn't have an official weibo either, and Karen Tsoi keeps her mouth sealed quite firmly when it comes to their dramas.
    Yes, TR's website was abandoned quite a few years ago. TLTW? Nothing-not a speck of dust about it. TR bought the rights in 2008 (same year as BBJX) but no information has been revealed since then. Mayhaps it is still in pre-production.

Added on other fresh news:

NEWS

-DMY will start filming after the Spring Festival (Lunar New Year) celebrations and will be airing on Hunan TV after Autumn (December2012-Jan2013).

LOL. Even Tudou's interested in the leads for DMY. Perhaps I should make a drama thread early on instead of posting drama stuff in this book discussion thread??

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i1215.photobucket.com/albums/cc502/HGe_CLiu/DMYPOLL.jpg')

LSS is currently leading, followed by HG, then LGX, then TY.

LOL, you should just open the thread now! But is that okay? I'm not aware of what rules are in the forum, wouldn't be good to have it closed by one of the moderators.

This is a really bias list. Anyways, as much as i'm fond of shishi, I think TY is more suited. Please no Micky He :x
    I was thinking, that guy in BBJX who played Zuo Ying would make a suitable Ye Zhi Xie. And the girl from New My Fair Princess who plays Xiang Fei could play Mu Da Duo. I know. I'm going overboard with the thinking about the casts.

Also waiting for the last book in the trilogy to come out. Want to read Jie You Qu to clear up some bits in the story.

http://tieba.baidu.com/p/1245978953
    ^ I cracked up laughing when I read this...
    They are saying that TangRen should kill off the character HQB at the end of their tv adaptation. Their argument is that this will be in line with history and historians will quit complaining. But the main point is that there will be no YunGe when YuZheng films YunZhongGe. Gosh they're creative.

NEWS

She hinted the female lead on the phone with her spoke Shanghainese. I guess Karen also speaks Shanghainese as she lives in Shanghai? People are urging Karen to make the announcement as soon as she can...

Quote Originally Posted by tobeme View Post
    She hinted the female lead on the phone with her spoke Shanghainese. I guess Karen also speaks Shanghainese as she lives in Shanghai? People are urging Karen to make the announcement as soon as she can...
    That news isn't really up to date though, as it was posted during October.

Drama Update (still not sure whether I can open a drama thread prior to it starting filming):
    DMY will be filming at Hengdian, XiangShan and Dunhuang.
    It is rumoured that DMY will start filming at Hengdian in January and go to XiangShan in March.
    Most popular lead cast so far is Hu Ge (Huo Qu Bing), Wallace Huo (Meng Jiu) and LSS (Jin Yu).

http://tieba.baidu.com/p/1245978953
    ^ I cracked up laughing when I read this...
    They are saying that TangRen should kill off the character HQB at the end of their tv adaptation. Their argument is that this will be in line with history and historians will quit complaining. But the main point is that there will be no YunGe when YuZheng films YunZhongGe. Gosh they're creative.
    LOL! But if TR is planning to kill off HQB at the end (unlike the book), they could alter it so that the first child Jin Yu gave birth to was Yun Ge. I wouldn't want TR to change anything too greatly though.

I LOVE this novel!! Just started reading this a few days ago and I'm about halfway through and I just love it! It's similar to Bu Bu Jing Xin, but then it's not. In Bu Bu, I felt just like Ruoxi, savoring the beautiful moments but always with a sense of dread and nervousness because I know what's going to happen in the future. But here, this book is heart-wrenching, but such rollicking good fun at the same time. I wish more people read it so we could have a big full-blown discussion I'm a Meng Jiu shipper, so I'm set out for heartbreak already, but I can't help it. Huo Qu Bing is a wonderfully written counterpart, but I'm thankful that I'm not as torn as I was in BBJX. I can't wait for the Tangren adaptation for this! Although I can't really seem to put any faces to the characters except for maybe Liu Shi Shi, but that's just because I think she's great, haha. I kinda see Huo Jian Hua as Huo Qu Bing, but maybe that's because their surnames are both Huo. Nobody can come close to the Meng Jiu in the book though, so that'll be a tough one. Hope this stirs up some conversation!

Quote Originally Posted by atsu-chan View Post
    I LOVE this novel!! Just started reading this a few days ago and I'm about halfway through and I just love it! It's similar to Bu Bu Jing Xin, but then it's not. In Bu Bu, I felt just like Ruoxi, savoring the beautiful moments but always with a sense of dread and nervousness because I know what's going to happen in the future. But here, this book is heart-wrenching, but such rollicking good fun at the same time. I wish more people read it so we could have a big full-blown discussion I'm a Meng Jiu shipper, so I'm set out for heartbreak already, but I can't help it. Huo Qu Bing is a wonderfully written counterpart, but I'm thankful that I'm not as torn as I was in BBJX. I can't wait for the Tangren adaptation for this! Although I can't really seem to put any faces to the characters except for maybe Liu Shi Shi, but that's just because I think she's great, haha. I kinda see Huo Jian Hua as Huo Qu Bing, but maybe that's because their surnames are both Huo. Nobody can come close to the Meng Jiu in the book though, so that'll be a tough one. Hope this stirs up some conversation!
    Indeed. The only similarity in Tong Hua's books would be that all her female leads are quite strong (mentally) and talented in their own way. Due to the numerous MVs I watch, I believe I was on a GeShi high when I started reading DMY. So for some parts in the novel, I put LSS and HG into their respective charaters, but mostly I just read them as characters. As for Meng Jiu, I didn't put anyone's face on his. Qiao Zhen Yu, Raymond Lam and Wallace Huo (I think) were the main contestants for Jiu Ye in this thread. I myself would want HuHuoShi (HG as HQB, Wallace H as MJ, LSS as JY). Although this is purely a fan's desired lead cast. Only 1 out of 3 of my choices would match the actual character's personalities, but then, nothing is perfect, so I'm just staying with this. My former choices for JY would have been Tang Yan or Ady An. Nonetheless, Fingers and toes crossed that LSS and HG's 8th collab. will be in the desert, as lovers. LOL. If only you had come earlier atsu! We had a small discussion about HQB-MJ several posts down, as well as who we would want to lead.

Indeed. The only similarity in Tong Hua's books would be that all her female leads are quite strong (mentally) and talented in their own way. Due to the numerous MVs I watch, I believe I was on a GeShi high when I started reading DMY. So for some parts in the novel, I put LSS and HG into their respective charaters, but mostly I just read them as characters. As for Meng Jiu, I didn't put anyone's face on his. Qiao Zhen Yu, Raymond Lam and Wallace Huo (I think) were the main contestants for Jiu Ye in this thread. I myself would want HuHuoShi (HG as HQB, Wallace H as MJ, LSS as JY). Although this is purely a fan's desired lead cast. Only 1 out of 3 of my choices would match the actual character's personalities, but then, nothing is perfect, so I'm just staying with this. My former choices for JY would have been Tang Yan or Ady An. Nonetheless, Fingers and toes crossed that LSS and HG's 8th collab. will be in the desert, as lovers. LOL. If only you had come earlier atsu! We had a small discussion about HQB-MJ several posts down, as well as who we would want to lead.
    I know! I read the earlier posts before posting and I wish I read this book earlier so I could discuss with you guys!!
    I'm keeping my fingers and toes crossed for a Hu-Huo-Shi combination too! I saw the fan trailer on tudou and wanted to see the whole series as a drama...but we have to wait until next year!! I wanted Tang Yan before too, but it would be hard to cast Li Yan if Tang Yan were to be Jin Yu. I also pictured Ma Tian Yu as Shi Feng, even though it was a small role, but it was really cute in my head...if only things in my head could become reality

It's so delightful to see a non-mopey girl and a pro-active guy as the main leads. Self-sacrificing guys have been trendy in novels lately, but I'm glad to see one who knows what he wants. And plus, he's a sweetie, so that is awesome too. So happy this thread is here, even though I'm a few months late :P

For anyone interested, ockoala from Koala's Playground is translating Da Mo Yao into English.

Chapter 1: http://koalasplayground.com/2012/02/...ert-chapter-1/

Chapter 2: http://koalasplayground.com/2012/02/...ert-chapter-2/

I must be the only one to have shipped 8th Ye in BBJX and now 9th Ye in DMY >_<

In both cases I actually picked the right guy at first, but I got on the 2nd lead's ship once the heroine declares her love for him. I'm of the mind that once you like someone that much already, it better takes hell and heaven to separate you, which is unfortunately not the case in either case, thus my gripe which these Tong Hua heroines. Whether it was "true" love or not (whatever the hell that is) shouldn't you stick to it more persistently? I have no problem with Xiao Yu liking HQB, and would've shipped them like crazy had she not been so adamantly in crush with 9th Ye not so long ago.

As for 9th Ye, I actually liked him long before the last chapter. It was at the end of the first book when it was revealed he couldn't give her a child. And just his general crappy health (coughing up blood eek~) was enough to make me cry. Then when he later in book 2 revealed more about his family's crappy genetics and also the political implications that might be put on Jin Yu due to his Xiyu connection... well that just about broke my heart. So the fact that he had lost out just because he was a step later in finding her is unsettling for me. Had it been made so that he rejected her 'til the end, or that she eventually moved on and realize they're not suited for each other or that she's been disillusioned with him as a person/lover or her feelings in general, then I would've been fine. But to make him reciprocate her feelings not that much later while she still had lingering feelings herself but it being a lost cause is kinda bs (he would've won in any other story).

So yeah... I like both guys but just one tiny detail of how one romance changes into another made me unable to truly enjoy the OTP's relationship.