Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: 《大漠谣》 Da Mo Yao Novel Discussion (SPOILER WARNING!)

Thanks for your detailed and long reply, Ransi. Yu Zhong Ge seems more my cup of tea. I'm not really into romance focus story. Tried some, but never got into them. I pick up Da Mo Yao because someone said Tong Hua's novels go beyond the romance.

Quote Originally Posted by Ransi View Post
    Yun Zhong Ge, in contrast, was more focused on personal ambitions and power struggles: vying for the throne, conflicts among the high officials, power balance between the high officials and the emperor, etc. In short, Yun Zhong Ge is an exploration of the individual characters and their ambitions as well as how that influences their interpersonal relationships and Da Mo Yao is more of an impressionist style romance.
    什麼是朋友?朋友永遠是在你犯下不可原諒錯誤的時候,仍舊站在你那邊的笨蛋。~ 王亞瑟

和諧唔係一百個人講同一番話,係一百個人有一百句唔同嘅說話,而又互相尊重 ~ - 葉梓恩

Quote Originally Posted by kidd View Post
    Thanks for your detailed and long reply, Ransi. Yu Zhong Ge seems more my cup of tea. I'm not really into romance focus story. Tried some, but never got into them. I pick up Da Mo Yao because someone said Tong Hua's novels go beyond the romance.
    Agreed. From what I've read so far (Chap 6 of first part), the potential romance seems a side story - a natural progression as the relationship develops between characters moving along the plot, if you will.

Also, I'm in the process of reading YZG in Mandarin from http://vip.book.sina.com.cn/book/cat...hp?book=166558 but it transpires that certain sections are for VIPs only. I'm not sure if I can pay for that book only, or Sina works on a subscription basis.

Can anyone point me to a source where I can read the entirety of YZG, or advise about Sina please? TIA

Quote Originally Posted by ShimmerDreamz View Post
    Also, I'm in the process of reading YZG in Mandarin from http://vip.book.sina.com.cn/book/cat...hp?book=166558 but it transpires that certain sections are for VIPs only. I'm not sure if I can pay for that book only, or Sina works on a subscription basis.

Can anyone point me to a source where I can read the entirety of YZG, or advise about Sina please? TIA
    I predominantly read books via iPhone apps. I prefer 书香文库 due to the streamlined interface, color pdf downloads and large selection of novels, but I think you have to create a free account to make use of the bigger library. As a more basic app with no account required and a smaller selection of txt books, 小说快搜 isn't bad either.

In regards to reading on my laptop, I tend to download books from here: http://ishare.iask.sina.com.cn/

I was able to download a txt file of YZG from the above site. I've yet to verify with my paper copies, but I'm pretty sure when I downloaded them, there were only digital versions of the books available and not transcribed print versions. Perhaps someone has uploaded copies of the print versions by now though. Hope this helps!
    Last edited by Ransi; 07-17-13 at 08:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ransi View Post
    I predominantly read books via iPhone apps. I prefer 书香文库 due to the streamlined interface, color pdf downloads and large selection of novels, but I think you have to create a free account to make use of the bigger library. As a more basic app with no account required and a smaller selection of txt books, 小说快搜 isn't bad either.

In regards to reading on my laptop, I tend to download books from here: http://ishare.iask.sina.com.cn/

I was able to download a txt file of YZG from the above site. I've yet to verify with my paper copies, but I'm pretty sure when I downloaded them, there were only digital versions of the books available and not transcribed print versions. Perhaps someone has uploaded copies of the print versions by now though. Hope this helps!
    Thank you! I've downloaded the text copy now Will give the apps a whirl as well.

Just finished Reading Yun Zhong Ge and felt a little depressed at the ending... anybody know if theres a Yun Zhong Ge discussion thread around?