Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: 《大漠谣》 Da Mo Yao Novel Discussion (SPOILER WARNING!)

Default 《大漠谣》 Da Mo Yao Novel Discussion (SPOILER WARNING!)

This is a novel discussion thread for 'Da Mo Yao' (Eng trans. Ballad of the Desert), in anticipation of the 'unofficially announced' drama that Tang Ren will be producing later this year. There will be major spoilers for people who haven't read the book. As this is a novel discussion thread, spoilers will be inevitable.

Quick Introduction:
    Da Mo Yao is the first book in a series of three sets of books, set in the early years of the Han Dynasty. The female protagonist Yu Jin (later Jin Yu) is entangled with two men, namely Huo Qu Bing, who is related to the Han Imperial Family, his appearance being strong with sharp, handsome features. His most common expression is grim and unemotional. On the otherhand, Meng Jiu is warm and kind, but may have hidden depths.

Tong Hua has yet again weaved a memorable, unforgettable and romantic story.

Baidu Da Mo Yao: http://baike.baidu.com/view/747311.htm

Online reading:~Complete
    Part 1:http://www.jjwxc.net/onebook.php?novelid=84651
    Part 2: http://www.jjwxc.net/onebook.php?novelid=121961

Sina
    Part 1: http://vip.book.sina.com.cn/book/index_41288.html
    Part 2:http://vip.book.sina.com.cn/book/index_41481.html (Final conclusion for VIPs only).

QQ
    Part 1:http://book.qq.com/s/book/0/5/5305/index.shtml
    Part 2:http://book.qq.com/s/book/0/5/5305/index.shtml (imcomplete)

Baidu~Complete
    http://http://hi.baidu.com/bingbing2...%AA%29/index/3

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i1215.photobucket.com/albums/cc502/HGe_CLiu/1.jpg')$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i1215.photobucket.com/albums/cc502/HGe_CLiu/2.jpg')
    Last edited by H.Ge-C.Liu; 01-31-12 at 07:28 AM.
    Biases: Hu Ge, Qiao Zhenyu, Liu Shi Shi
    Jiang Hu Fansubs - Recruiting members (especially translators).

Wow... H. Ge-C.Liu, you are everywhere in this forum and quick as well! What's the story is about? Sorry, I am too lazy to read any novel lately

Quote Originally Posted by tobeme View Post
    Wow... H. Ge-C.Liu, you are everywhere in this forum and quick as well! What's the story is about? Sorry, I am too lazy to read any novel lately
    Mediocre Explanation (I won't give too much away):

Yu Jin was raised within the Xiong Nu, although her foster father is a Han. Under certain circumstances, she was forced to flee to Chang'an, the then capital of Early Han Dynasty (during the reign of Liu Che-Emperor Wu of Han). Along her journey, she meets first the calm and kind Meng Jiu, and later the handsome, cold, general Huo Qu Bing (related to the Imperial Han Family) while also changing her name to Jin Yu. Jin Yu falls for one, but was rejected. Will she untangle her love knot? Who will she choose in the end?

Personally, both male protagonists are too perfect for me, but the book's still good. Currently reading the 4th part of Da Mo Yao.
    Last edited by H.Ge-C.Liu; 09-12-11 at 12:59 AM.

Sina interview with Tong Hua
    Main Subject: Yun Zhong Ge
    Tong Hua states that she herself sees Huo Qu Bing (male lead in Da Mo Yao) as her idol, only believing 15% that he died around his mid-20s.

Part 1: http://video.sina.com.cn/v/b/9508610-1192438080.html
    Part 2: http://video.sina.com.cn/v/b/9508599-1192438080.html
    Part 3: http://video.sina.com.cn/v/b/9508590-1192438080.html
    Part 4: http://video.sina.com.cn/v/b/9508583-1192438080.html
    Part 5: http://video.sina.com.cn/v/b/9508567-1192438080.html
    Part 6: http://video.sina.com.cn/v/b/9508553-1192438080.html
    Part 7: http://video.sina.com.cn/v/b/9508541-1192438080.html
    Last edited by H.Ge-C.Liu; 09-29-11 at 02:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by H.Ge-C.Liu View Post
    Mediocre Explanation (I won't give too much away):

Yu Jin was raised within the Xiong Nu, although her foster father is a Han. Under certain circumstances, she was forced to flee to Chang'an, the then capital of Early Han Dynasty (during the reign of Liu Che-Emperor Wu of Han). Along her journey, she meets first the calm and kind Meng Jiu, and later the handsome, cold, general Huo Qu Bing (related to the Imperial Han Family) while also changing her name to Jin Yu. Jin Yu falls for one, but was rejected. Will she untangle her love knot? Who will she choose in the end?

Personally, both male protagonists are too perfect for me, but the book's still good. Currently reading the 4th part of Da Mo Yao.
    Can you give some more spoilers? Seeing as this is a Tong Hua novel, I like to know as much as possible before starting it
    Bu Bu Jing Xin English Fantranslation: http://bubujingxinenglish.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by cutzie View Post
    Can you give some more spoilers? Seeing as this is a Tong Hua novel, I like to know as much as possible before starting it
    I'll only be giving a tidbit of the Chang'an parts. Some parts are just too good to be spoiled.

Xiong Nu
    While being raised with the Xiong Nu, Yu Jin was friends with Yu Dan, Yi Zhi Xie (later the Dan Yu of Xiong Nu), Mu Da Duo (later wife of Yi Zhi Xie, quite passionate and jealous of Jin Yu (because of the love she receives from both YZX and YD). One year later, the then Dan Yu and her foster father both die. Yu Jin's foster father's only wish was for her to return to his hometown, Chang'an, in the Han Dynasty. Thus, Yu Dan tried to help her flee the Xiong Nu territory and into the Han territory (which eventually failed, because they could not outrun YZX's soldiers who were ordered to capture them. To save Yu Jin, Yu Dan persuades her to stay in the wild desert and find the wolf pack she had grown up with (promising to come back for her once he reached the Central Plains) and then leads YZX's men on a chase. In the desert, she first meets Meng Jiu (Meng Xi Mo) and then saves and meets Huo Qu Bing (Xiao Huo) and his comrades while they were fleeing the desert bandits on the way back to Chang'an. Jin Yu (she changed her name while introducing herself to Xiao Huo) acquired some money from HQB, her reason being that she saved then from the bandits, hence, with her bag of money, she sets off towards Chang'an.

Chang'an
    Just outside of Chang'an City, she meets some beggars and soon befriends a young beggar and his grandfather. The young beggar tells her that while he was begging on the streets, he heard that people could find work by offering to wash clothes. With that as her hope, she goes into Chang'an and starts looking for work. Everyone refused her offer, until she came across someone who gave her buns in return for her hard labor [of sweeping the courtyard]. Unbeknownst to Jin Yu, this 'kind' Aunt (Hong Gu~Aunt Hong/Red) was actually the boss of a brothel. She soon rises to be the head of this brothel due to her cleverness and persistence to improve this brothel's business. Jin Yu befriends Hong Gu, and she remains one of JY's most loyal friends. After being promoted to boss, she met the Li family, and one person in particular, Li Yan, who would later rise to be one of Liu Che's (the current Emperor of Han) most powerful concubines (which was due to Jin Yu increasing their brothel's popularity and gaining the Imperial Family's attentions). During all this, she falls for Meng Jiu (head of Shi Manor, a major trading family). Yet he rejects Jin Yu again and again (against his own feelings), because he didn't want her to live with a disabled person. Although Jin Yu states she doesn't care about his disability, he still rejects her. Heart broken, it was from this time onwards that Jin Yu seriously considered Huo Qu Bing (who had always loved her, despite the fact she didn't return the love during the first part of the book) as someone who was more than a friend.

SPOILERS STOP AT THIS SCENE, FOR NOW.

I WANT TO READ THIS, IS THERE LIKE A ENGLISH VERSION?
    H.Ge-C.liu can give us some spoiler on the cute romance between Jin Yu and both of the guys... *Details*
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i361.photobucket.com/albums/oo54/Imdareaper/Emoticons/Please-Male.gif')

Quote Originally Posted by C-luv-H View Post
    I WANT TO READ THIS, IS THERE LIKE A ENGLISH VERSION?
    There are no English versions. I'm currently waiting for more users to finish the book so we can start discussing.

There are no English versions. I'm currently waiting for more users to finish the book so we can start discussing.

Aw 'Chucks' but anywais are you still gonna give us or maybe just me some love spoiler?

I really love this story, possibly because compared to the second part of the trilogy, Song in the Cloud, it leaves the reader with a sense of happiness (among the usual heartwrenching in Tong Hua's novels). In comparison, Song in the Cloud leaves people empty. All the characters have aspects that you cherish and value, you even fall in love (and may shed tears) for the animals in the story! Most importantly, the story ties in so well with Huo Qu Bing's historical character and gives people hope that perhaps he didn't have such a tragic life. I think the strongest character she creates in this story is Meng Jiu (Meng Xi Mo) as people will always remember his selflessness and the love that he has for Jin Yu.

Quote Originally Posted by Mangoberrie View Post
    I really love this story, possibly because compared to the second part of the trilogy, Song in the Cloud, it leaves the reader with a sense of happiness (among the usual heartwrenching in Tong Hua's novels). In comparison, Song in the Cloud leaves people empty. All the characters have aspects that you cherish and value, you even fall in love (and may shed tears) for the animals in the story! Most importantly, the story ties in so well with Huo Qu Bing's historical character and gives people hope that perhaps he didn't have such a tragic life. I think the strongest character she creates in this story is Meng Jiu (Meng Xi Mo) as people will always remember his selflessness and the love that he has for Jin Yu.
    Definitely. Tong Hua even said in the sina talk that she 80% believes Huo Qu Bing was alive, and didn't die in his early twenties (HQB's her idol ). I've only read a tiny bit of Song in the Clouds (Yun Zhong Ge), so I cannot say anything for now. Ballad of the Desert (Da Mo Yao) is definitely one of my favourite books from Tong Hua.
    This is totally off topic, but has anyone read Eastern Palace (Dong Gong) by Fei Wo Si Cun?? (quite a good book, except the way FWSC describes the kiss scenes is...ahem...).

SPOLIERS - READ AT YOUR OWN RISK

I can totally understand Tong Hua. Who would want such a great general who fought then sought for peace to die such an early death, especially at the hands of political plotting. If he had died on the battlefields, perhaps people would be able to accept it, but not for any other reason.

"Though a brave general and highly regarded by Emperor Wu, he paid little regard to his men.[6] Sima Qian noted in Shiji that Huo Qubing refused to share his food with his soldiers when their provisions were low, and also regularly ordered his troops to dig up football fields for his personal amusement.[7]" - Wikipedia

I find Huo Qu Bin is actually a fairly complex character although if you don't read deeply about him, he appears to be simple. He appears to be arrogant, but never took all the honour himself. He poured the wine given to him by the emperor into the spring, so that all his men could have a drink. Then in contrast, he gives people the idea that he is selfish, and to some extent he is in terms of his love for Jin Yu in the novel, and does not share the excessive food with his army, but he refuses to accept the emperor's gift of an expensive courtyard. This is all in historical literature and shows that he is more than one dimensional. He puts up a front to protect himself so that he won't be worshipped and be seen as a threat to the emperor. His intellect is far above the one he shows to people. Hence, hopefully he saw through the political threat that was coming his way and did live more than his mere 24 years of age.

As for Meng Jiu - I don't even know where to start. Each time I read the story, my heart first hates him and his actions, but then pours out to him.
    edit: I take it back, don't think I can say I've ever hated Meng jiu...he's not hate-able

I'm watching the sina videos now...thanks for the links!
    Last edited by Mangoberrie; 10-07-11 at 04:16 AM.

SPOLIERS - READ AT YOUR OWN RISK

I can totally understand Tong Hua. Who would want such a great general who fought then sought for peace to die such an early death, especially at the hands of political plotting. If he had died on the battlefields, perhaps people would be able to accept it, but not for any other reason.

"Though a brave general and highly regarded by Emperor Wu, he paid little regard to his men.[6] Sima Qian noted in Shiji that Huo Qubing refused to share his food with his soldiers when their provisions were low, and also regularly ordered his troops to dig up football fields for his personal amusement.[7]" - Wikipedia

I find Huo Qu Bin is actually a fairly complex character although if you don't read deeply about him, he appears to be simple. He appears to be arrogant, but never took all the honour himself. He poured the wine given to him by the emperor into the spring, so that all his men could have a drink. Then in contrast, he gives people the idea that he is selfish, and to some extent he is in terms of his love for Jin Yu in the novel, and does not share the excessive food with his army, but he refuses to accept the emperor's gift of an expensive courtyard. This is all in historical literature and shows that he is more than one dimensional. He puts up a front to protect himself so that he won't be worshipped and be seen as a threat to the emperor. His intellect is far above the one he shows to people. Hence, hopefully he saw through the political threat that was coming his way and did live more than his mere 24 years of age.

As for Meng Jiu - I don't even know where to start. Each time I read the story, my heart first hates him and his actions, but then pours out to him.
    edit: I take it back, don't think I can say I've ever hated Meng jiu...he's not hate-able

I'm watching the sina videos now...thanks for the links!
    Yes! I especially read wikipedia and baidu.baike before reading Da Mo Yao to understand more about HQB and the political situations (e.g. Wei against Li). I can understand where Tong Hua comes from with HQB.
    I pity Meng Jiu though. He didn't express his love for Jin Yu because he thought she wouldn't be happy with him being disabled-he wouldn't be able to provide her with a family either. Nonetheless, I loved HQB and Jin Yu's love story. I would totally read a sequel which detailed HQB and Jin Yu's lives after they went into seclusion. Although I admit, there wouldn't be much interesting things to write about-thus it would be quite short. I've read some online reviews/opinions about Song in the Clouds, which have now influenced me so that I can't bear to read on.

Tang Ren is starting to film Da Mo Yao in January, with Yu Zheng doing the sequel Yun Zhong Ge (I may watch the remake by Yu Mama and then ease into the book).Terribly excited for the DMY drama .
    Last edited by H.Ge-C.Liu; 10-07-11 at 07:41 AM.

I pity Meng Jiu though. He didn't express his love for Jin Yu because he thought she wouldn't be happy with him being disabled-he wouldn't be able to provide her with a family either. Nonetheless, I loved HQB and Jin Yu's love story. I would totally read a sequel which detailed HQB and Jin Yu's lives after they went into seclusion. Although I admit, there wouldn't be much interesting things to write about-thus it would be quite short. I've read some online reviews/opinions about Song in the Clouds, which have now influenced me so that I can't bear to read on.

Tang Ren is starting to film Da Mo Yao in January, with Yu Zheng doing the sequel Yun Zhong Ge (I may watch the remake by Yu Mama and then ease into the book).Terribly excited for the DMY drama .
    WARNING - ENDING SPOILER
    Totally agree! I would so read about Jin Yu and Huo Qu Bing's life afterwards. They are so funny together. I especially love the chapter "kidnapping" as the conversation between them was just so cute. Then I went back and reread all their little snippets and just found them so funny. It was really smart of Tong Hua as the two male characters contrast so starkly. Huo Qu Bing is like the sun, he has a glaring hot nature for others but is radiant and warm to Jin Yu while Meng Jiu is like the moon, so gentle, but appears cold, yet forever looking over Jin Yu in the times of darkness.

Actually in Song in the Cloud, they mention aspects of Jin Yu and Huo Qu Bing's life in seclusion. There's a really cute part too. Not sure if you want me to spoil it though I still suggest that you read the book before watching the adaptation. I have very little faith in Yu Zheng and his work .___. (only my opinion) but super excited for both dramas all the same! January seems such a long time away and by the time they finish, it'll be a year away

As for Meng Jiu,
    I appreciate his gentleness, his caringness but I didn't adore him like I adored Huo Qu Bing.
    Throughout the novel, I really wanted Huo Qu Bing to be with Jin Yu but Meng Jiu really hit me at the end...
    what he gave up for the sake of Jin Yu broke my heart...
    the fact that he was thankful to God for it and believed it was fair broke my heart...
    the idea that he couldn't even write goodbye to Jin Yu and instead used Huo Qu Bing's name instead on the letter broke my heart...
    the way he left so that Jin Yu wouldn't find out what happened to him broke my heart even more...
    such a selfless character, for he didn't want Jin Yu to forever live in debt to him, he wanted her to have a happy life...
    he sacrificed all he could to ensure she could be happy...
    I guess it was only then that I really realised how great his love was for her...

WARNING - ENDING SPOILER
    Totally agree! I would so read about Jin Yu and Huo Qu Bing's life afterwards. They are so funny together. I especially love the chapter "kidnapping" as the conversation between them was just so cute. Then I went back and reread all their little snippets and just found them so funny. It was really smart of Tong Hua as the two male characters contrast so starkly. Huo Qu Bing is like the sun, he has a glaring hot nature for others but is radiant and warm to Jin Yu while Meng Jiu is like the moon, so gentle, but appears cold, yet forever looking over Jin Yu in the times of darkness.

Actually in Song in the Cloud, they mention aspects of Jin Yu and Huo Qu Bing's life in seclusion. There's a really cute part too. Not sure if you want me to spoil it though I still suggest that you read the book before watching the adaptation. I have very little faith in Yu Zheng and his work .___. (only my opinion) but super excited for both dramas all the same! January seems such a long time away and by the time they finish, it'll be a year away

As for Meng Jiu,
    I appreciate his gentleness, his caringness but I didn't adore him like I adored Huo Qu Bing.
    Throughout the novel, I really wanted Huo Qu Bing to be with Jin Yu but Meng Jiu really hit me at the end...
    what he gave up for the sake of Jin Yu broke my heart...
    the fact that he was thankful to God for it and believed it was fair broke my heart...
    the idea that he couldn't even write goodbye to Jin Yu and instead used Huo Qu Bing's name instead on the letter broke my heart...
    the way he left so that Jin Yu wouldn't find out what happened to him broke my heart even more...
    such a selfless character, for he didn't want Jin Yu to forever live in debt to him, he wanted her to have a happy life...
    he sacrificed all he could to ensure she could be happy...
    I guess it was only then that I really realised how great his love was for her...
    The contrast between HQB and MJ is indeed like the sun and the moon! Nice comparison there. I don't think anyone trusts (or likes, as a matter of fact) Yu Mama. His dramas are always cheesy, with an easy plot.
    For the DMY drama, I'd love ShiGe or YanGe (Tang Hu Lu-Tang Yan and Hu Ge) to lead. LSS and HG don't suit Jin Yu and HQB respectively, but being a strong ShiGe shipper, I overlook those facts.
    I wouldn't mind if Tang Yan was Jin Yu (she suits JY better than LSS). If HG isn't HQB, then no other actors come to my mind that I think can pair with either LSS or TY...yet.

The ending chapters which detailed Meng Jiu and his personal sacrifices shattered my heart into pieces. *sniff* His love is definitely unselfish (which doesn't really work well with matters of the heart). The main reason I switched to HQB was because he was always there for Jin Yu at the times when she was rejected by MJ (before I realised the depth of his rejections and sacrifices of course, but by then, I was already idolising the love life of HQB and JY. I don't regret switching sides though).

For the DMY drama, I'd love ShiGe or YanGe (Tang Hu Lu-Tang Yan and Hu Ge) to lead. LSS and HG don't suit Jin Yu and HQB respectively, but being a strong ShiGe shipper, I overlook those facts.
    I wouldn't mind if Tang Yan was Jin Yu (she suits JY better than LSS). If HG isn't HQB, then no other actors come to my mind that I think can pair with either LSS or TY...yet.
    Although I'm not sure if these people would be compartible but I can see Tang Yan as Jin Yu, Yuan Hong as Huo Qu Bing and Raymond Lam as Meng Jiu. Reason is because I see TY as a better fit than LSS although there are many more actresses who can play the role, but since it's a Tang Ren Production she falls into mind. Yuan Hong is due to his charming performance in the 'LOCH' and I can see him in the arrogrant while flirty role of HQB. His general appearance in 'Clothing the World' also adds to this. As for Meng Jiu, I first thought of the actor who played Ou Yang Ke in 'LOCH' but he isn't pretty enough so then I thought of Raymond Lam, heavily influenced by watching 'The Four' - TVB version of 'Shao Nian Si Da Ming Bu' because when he first appears he wears the floating white robes and sits in a wheel chair not to mention he plays the flute in the drama.

I can't see HG as huo qu bin, he doesn't have the general look. I can see HG as "Shi Feng" or "Li Gan"...although this will not be likely since Tang Ren would want him to be a major character...

As for the novel, there is an aspect that isn't clear. Meng Jiu appeared to "trade" something with the emperor, Liu Che, for Jin Yu's sake when she was put into prison but this is never explained in the novel. I've read a few people's discussions on this matter and most people say he probably only explained that if Huo Qu Bing found Jin Yu dead upon returning to Chang'an, as he had control of the army, this would be dangerous for the emperor. But in the story, Jin Yu makes a point that he must have "sacrificed" a lot for it. I just can't come up with a solution. Wonder what Tong Hua had in mind...

http://yc.5sing.com/170642.html
    A well written theme song for the broadcasted version of Da Mo Yao. The lyrics are on the left and are pretty fitting to the story.
    I never knew how popular this book is. I've heard 3 different original songs written for it already. In addition to the standard audiobook, they are currently making a scripted version of Da Mo Yao as well.

@H.Ge-C.Liu
    I read Eastern Palace too, I enjoyed it, sad ending but it fits the story. So they better not bloody change the ending to a happy one in the drama adaptation.
    I agree, the kissing scenes are too... I don't know how to describe it. The problem I had with the kissing scenes was the constant "chicken drumstick, duck feet, etc" and the "crab eating".

Actually in Song in the Cloud, they mention aspects of Jin Yu and Huo Qu Bing's life in seclusion. There's a really cute part too. Not sure if you want me to spoil it though
    Please spoil me with the cute moment between JinYu and HQB in Song in the Cloud

I can't see Tang Yan as Jin Yu, she doesn't come across as somewhere who grew up with wolves, and only recently (well, not that recently) learned how to behave like a human. Like I can't imagine Tang Yan howling and rolling around with wolves - a toy poodle would suit her much more. I would prefer LSS because she is capable of being a bit rough and untamed, like in Strange Hero, but Tang Yan is just too delicate - at least from what I've watched.

Hu Ge is too 'good boy' to portray HQB's arrogant exterior. Hu Ge is amazingly handsome as a general in CP3 and Myth, but not sizzling hot like the sun and the Roman God - Mars. They need to find someone with amazing muscles, a bad boy face, but with eyes that are complicated enough to understand plots and schemes.

Ahhh, let me fangirl over HQB. Its like puppy love for me all over again!
    For me, HQB was definitely more lovable than Meng Jiu since the beginning. Of course it was mainly because I'm biased towards hot 'bad' boys rather than pretty boys.
    What I liked about the interactions between HQB and JingYu was that it was flirtatious on the surface, but there was this undertone of true love that HQB always had towards JingYu since the beginning. Like when HQB offered to accompany Jing Yu to see Meng Jiu regarding the stage performance and even told her not to force herself because he would take her in was just flirty and playboyish when I first read it. But later in the novel, I realized that HQB already genuinely liked her since then, because he wouldn't offer another pretty lady to live at his place. I also loved it when HXB agreed to not investigate the identity of the 'people' Jing Yu was so afraid of without a need for an explanation. And also when they 'sneaked' into HQB's place, and he sliced the meat for Jing Yu to show his uncle/s how important she is to him was just too sweet... *heart flutters*
    I was already in love with HQB since part 1 of the novel and hated Meng Jiu for 3/4 of the novel, but of course in the end, I felt so guilty because Meng Jiu sacrificed so much!

@Mangoberrie
    Please spoil me with the cute moment between JinYu & HQB in Song in the Cloud =)

I actually prefer LSS over Tang Yan. Tang Yan is too delicate and 'princessy' looking (at least in what I've seen of her) to come across as an untamed, casual, and playful girl that howls like wolves. But then again, LSS ain't the perfect fit either - but she would look great as a guy during the parts where she was abducted and held captive by HQB, just like in Clothing the World where she was looking for and fighting with Yuan Hong.
    Hu Ge is amazingly handsome as a general in CP3 and Myth, but he is too 'good-boy' looking to play HQB. HQB is the Roman-god Mars, so I expect to see someone with an amazing physique, chiseled features, deep penetrating eyes, and a hot smirk. Hhhhmmm.... Peter Ho's body + Hu Ge's or Wallace Huo's face structure + Yuan Hong's eyes + ..... who has a hot smirk?

^^The lyrics do fit well. The tune's even better though. I wonder what the title of the song/melody is.

Melody without the vocal (from about 4:27-6:42): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7u4E1NN4Kr8