Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Movie that's scary to others but a joke to you

I dont know.....there are many horror films that arent scary!

I guess the best ones are the psychological movies.....dont know what will happen next!
    Journey To The West

The Great Sun Wukong, the Monkey King!!!

Dreamcatcher - in the begining I found it a bit scary...later on when they reveal the alien plot I found it completely ridiculous.....

The Ring - the music and all those pop-up face kinda maked me frigthned....but when it reach the end and it was revealed that we were talking about chain letter it made me laugh.... (sorry... but I hate chain letters...they are like the pyramide game- I can't take them serious)

Blair Witch Project - like some of you said: making me dizzy....

any Scary moive???

I would say : "It" - by Stephen King (I saw it when I was a kid...AND this movie made me HATE all kinds of clowns (especially clown dolls) and dolls..
    Now...I kinda laughing at the movie.... I don't find it scary at all (BUT I still hate Clown dolls )

I guess the best ones are the psychological movies.....dont know what will happen next!
    this I agree..... Identity was one of the best!
    Last edited by Sioben; 10-02-04 at 10:38 AM.
    I've been touch by an angel
    I've been bless by the power of Sioben
    I can hardly believe you're that short!!

Sioben: 'ohh....shut up'

Resident Evil. It wasn't scary but I thought it was kinda cool. Milla Jovovich is hot.

The Ring
    Gothika ((had its moments but wasn't cracked up to what i was told))
    Dreamcatcher ((C'mon, the Ripleys? thats boardlining on copyright enfringement just a wee bit))
    It's Our Planet-It's Their War-Whoever Wins...We Lose -Alien Versus Predator

"It's like a condom,I don't need it,but I'd rather not need one and have one then need one and not have one"-Adele,AvP

I personally thought that Omen 1-3 was pretty scary and so was The Ring & Ring 2 (japanese).

Dreamcatcher and Resident Evil. When I was like 6 I used to be scared of Chucky and have nightmares but now I think it's just stupid and not even scary. There was this other movie about 13 ghosts that people said was scary and I found very stupid also. Forgot the title.

Quote Originally Posted by 999roses
    "the others" was scary? pah...I felt that i was another repeat of the 6th sense w/ the people actually being dead...
    On the contrary, 'The Others' were actually produced first before 'The Sixth Sense,' however, unfortunately it was released after 'The Sixth Sense'

Part of the reason was NOT to give the impression that it was another copycat of 'The Sixth Sense' which had a tremendous success when it was released.

Had 'The Others' released in the theaters first we would say the other way around I honestly think 'The Others' is a much more excellent and solid production compared to 'The Sixth Sense.'

The Director of 'The Others' was able to scare us without the use of any scary or gory looking scenes, blood, or frightening images. He used primarily sound and music to create the freaky illusion and the eerie atmosphere.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian0032
    Dreamcatcher and Resident Evil. When I was like 6 I used to be scared of Chucky and have nightmares but now I think it's just stupid and not even scary. There was this other movie about 13 ghosts that people said was scary and I found very stupid also. Forgot the title.
    I think that movie was titled Thirteen Ghosts and I only saw some of it but it was pretty boring.

Another was Long Time Dead

Not actually sure if it was released outside of UK n all that..was ok...but I predicted the ending to a T 20 minutes before the end and it wasn't scarey at all
    It's Our Planet-It's Their War-Whoever Wins...We Lose -Alien Versus Predator

"It's like a condom,I don't need it,but I'd rather not need one and have one then need one and not have one"-Adele,AvP

Quote Originally Posted by Temujin View Post
    On the contrary, 'The Others' were actually produced first before 'The Sixth Sense,' however, unfortunately it was released after 'The Sixth Sense'

Part of the reason was NOT to give the impression that it was another copycat of 'The Sixth Sense' which had a tremendous success when it was released.

Had 'The Others' released in the theaters first we would say the other way around I honestly think 'The Others' is a much more excellent and solid production compared to 'The Sixth Sense.'

The Director of 'The Others' was able to scare us without the use of any scary or gory looking scenes, blood, or frightening images. He used primarily sound and music to create the freaky illusion and the eerie atmosphere.
    I agree there. I knew where the story was going and I saw through it all somewhere halfway through the film, but despite that, the film still creeped me out. The Others is an excellent horror film.
    Some people say that not showing is the best way to do a horror flick. I say that in most cases it's just the easiest way out - for the filmmaker as well as for the audience. The Others is a rare example of a film where this strategy is used with talent and sophistication - not as a jink, but as a method.
    别想把黑暗放在我的面前
    太阳已经生长在我心底
    不再有封闭的畏惧
    奔腾的灵魂飞上天际
    太阳 我在这里

Paranormal Activity - this movie was so boring until the last minute or so and the main girl was really annoying. I kept hoping she'd be killed off.