+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 179

Thread: Lin Geng Xin 林更新

  1. #21
    Senior Member xiaolong's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Singapore & Malaysia
    Posts
    4,767

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dragon Heiress View Post
    He has nice skin.
    LGX has softer, more translucent facial skin than all the girls.
    Whereas YH has softer, more supple hands than all the girls.

  2. #22
    Senior Member H.Ge-C.Liu's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    5,672

    Default

    More photos from BBJX publicity at Hangzhou:
    LGX's expressions are so cute!
    Biases: Hu Ge, Qiao Zhenyu, Liu Shi Shi
    Jiang Hu Fansubs - Recruiting members (especially translators).

  3. #23
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    112

    Default

    I think he has shades of Hu Ge in the mouth, nose and eyes. Just that he looks far more wholesome/innocent than Hu Ge ever did, lol.

    He has to tame that Porcupine hair though.

  4. #24
    Moderator Suet Seung's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Posts
    13,945

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cherieluv View Post
    I think he has shades of Hu Ge in the mouth, nose and eyes. Just that he looks far more wholesome/innocent than Hu Ge ever did, lol.

    He has to tame that Porcupine hair though.
    Oh please! Hu Ge has no onscreen presence...I don't find him attractive. Lin Geng Xin, man, I wanted to hug him at the end of BBJX. But of course, I had to restrain myself from hugging my computer screen, cuz that would be silly. Still, poor 14th. He's so cute, it hurts to see him cry. He needs to starr in more tv series so I see more of him. Such a cutiepie!
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

    Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

  5. #25
    Senior Member H.Ge-C.Liu's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    5,672

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Suet Seung View Post
    Oh please! Hu Ge has no onscreen presence...I don't find him attractive. Lin Geng Xin, man, I wanted to hug him at the end of BBJX. But of course, I had to restrain myself from hugging my computer screen, cuz that would be silly. Still, poor 14th. He's so cute, it hurts to see him cry. He needs to starr in more tv series so I see more of him. Such a cutiepie!
    As a Pepper, I was shocked (and miserable, for at least a minute ) at such an honest, straight forward opinion. As a neutral onlooker though (without any bias), I would say Suet Seung's opinion about his onscreen presence isn't that far off from the truth (which type of attractiveness do you mean though? Looks or acting skills?)-although IMO, his chemistries with a few of his co-stars are quite good (PAL1, TWFX).

    looks, BTS personality,etc....-now I'm back to being a biased Pepper.
    Biases: Hu Ge, Qiao Zhenyu, Liu Shi Shi
    Jiang Hu Fansubs - Recruiting members (especially translators).

  6. #26
    Senior Member C-luv-H's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    CandyLand
    Posts
    1,813

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by H.Ge-C.Liu View Post
    As a Pepper, I was shocked (and miserable, for at least a minute ) at such an honest, straight forward opinion. As a neutral onlooker though (without any bias), I would say Suet Seung's opinion about his onscreen presence isn't that far off from the truth (which type of attractiveness do you mean though? Looks or acting skills?)-although IMO, his chemistries with a few of his co-stars are quite good (PAL1, TWFX).

    looks, BTS personality,etc....-now I'm back to being a biased Pepper.

    lol H.ge-C.liu *biased*, I find LGX okay, he has a very innocent look his acting is okay, he was really stiff in some part but hes getting there .....
    but i am Biased here too(like Really), I find my HG to be very attractive, put him on the most handsome list and you will see how handsome he is with how many votes he gets....

  7. #27
    Moderator Suet Seung's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Posts
    13,945

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by H.Ge-C.Liu View Post
    As a Pepper, I was shocked (and miserable, for at least a minute ) at such an honest, straight forward opinion. As a neutral onlooker though (without any bias), I would say Suet Seung's opinion about his onscreen presence isn't that far off from the truth (which type of attractiveness do you mean though? Looks or acting skills?)-although IMO, his chemistries with a few of his co-stars are quite good (PAL1, TWFX).

    looks, BTS personality,etc....-now I'm back to being a biased Pepper.
    On Looks, Hu Ge fails to make me swoon as I don't find him attractive. His acting? Nothing memorable for me. Maybe I just couldn't like his characters. Even as Guo Jing, its hard to top his predecessors in that role.

    Quote Originally Posted by C-luv-H View Post
    lol H.ge-C.liu *biased*, I find LGX okay, he has a very innocent look his acting is okay, he was really stiff in some part but hes getting there .....
    but i am Biased here too(like Really), I find my HG to be very attractive, put him on the most handsome list and you will see how handsome he is with how many votes he gets....
    Yes, you are bias. Lin Geng Xin is considered a newbie in this acting showbiz so it's okay if his acting skills is not super yet, while Hu ge has several years of experience. I'm sorry, but in my books, Hu Ge is not handsome and when he goes in a lineup for the most handsomest actors, he'll get no votes from me. I just don't find Hu Ge charming enough for ME. It's okay if you find him handsome, but I just don't.
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

    Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

  8. #28
    Senior Member Liu Xiao Xiao's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    8,295

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Suet Seung View Post
    He needs to starr in more tv series so I see more of him. Such a cutiepie!
    Suet Seung, his next series "Xuan Yuan Jain".















    I find LGX okay, he has a very innocent look his acting is okay
    For a new actor, he did exceptionally well in BBJX.....so IMO, deserves more then just "okay"...
    Last edited by Liu Xiao Xiao; 10-06-11 at 06:45 PM.

  9. #29
    Senior Member Dragon Heiress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    The vast Jianghu.
    Posts
    2,059

    Default

    I think we can all agree that LGX's debut was infinite loads better than LSS's debut.
    我是个疯子疯子疯子只爱你的疯子 你是个傻子傻子傻子傻的却好懂事
    要爱你一辈子 写爱你的故事 在我心里承诺了几千次

  10. #30
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    352

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dragon Heiress View Post
    I think we can all agree that LGX's debut was infinite loads better than LSS's debut.
    But he studied acting. LSS didn't

  11. #31
    Senior Member Liu Xiao Xiao's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    8,295

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dragon Heiress View Post
    I think we can all agree that LGX's debut was infinite loads better than LSS's debut.
    Yes agree , but you have to remember though, LGX came out from acting school and LSS have no acting background. On top of that, she's incredibly shy. I still don't get why the director chose her out of hundreds of girls from that dance school (I'm thankful for him choosing her though ).

  12. #32
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    112

    Default

    On Looks, Hu Ge fails to make me swoon as I don't find him attractive. His acting? Nothing memorable for me. Maybe I just couldn't like his characters. Even as Guo Jing, its hard to top his predecessors in that role.

    For me, good acting is when the actor immerses himself into the role and makes you forget he is so-and-so. I think Hu Ge does that well - I don't think of him as Hu Ge in any of his dramas and am totally convinced of whoever he is playing at that time. To me, that is the sign of a good actor. Also, there is no way he is worse than Li Ya Ping as Guo Jing. I wanted to smash my tv because of that retard - Hu Ge was miles better.



    Yes, you are bias. Lin Geng Xin is considered a newbie in this acting showbiz so it's okay if his acting skills is not super yet, while Hu ge has several years of experience.

    Hu Ge's first drama, also playing main lead was Chinese Palladin 1. Compare apple to apple. I think he definately topped LGX when it comes to debut drama.

    I'm sorry, but in my books, Hu Ge is not handsome and when he goes in a lineup for the most handsomest actors, he'll get no votes from me. I just don't find Hu Ge charming enough for ME. It's okay if you find him handsome, but I just don't.

    Different strokes for different folks.

    I like LGX and felt that he did fine for a first drama. That is only because I am comparing him to LSS who was a major disaster in her first - so frankly, my expectation was very, very low. He was miles better than what I expected but no way can he be considered a good actor yet. He does have good screen presence mainly due to his impressive built. However, that will not take him far if his acting does not improve. That said, I think he is really cute
    Last edited by cherieluv; 10-06-11 at 07:47 PM.

  13. #33
    Senior Member Dragon Heiress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    The vast Jianghu.
    Posts
    2,059

    Default

    I'd say his debut was still loads better than most other debuts who came from acting schools. My chief example would be Chen Kun in anything even up until today, but maybe other people think his acting is good.

    HG's debut (and as a main character) was actually Dandelion.
    我是个疯子疯子疯子只爱你的疯子 你是个傻子傻子傻子傻的却好懂事
    要爱你一辈子 写爱你的故事 在我心里承诺了几千次

  14. #34
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    112

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Liu Xiao Xiao View Post
    Yes agree , but you have to remember though, LGX came out from acting school and LSS have no acting background. On top of that, she's incredibly shy. I still don't get why the director chose her out of hundreds of girls from that dance school (I'm thankful for him choosing her though ).
    I still find it unacceptable how bad LSS was in her debut. Dancers are supposed to be expressive - they use their face to convey a lot of emotions and many dancers would tend to overact because of that. LSS was just terrible.

  15. #35
    Senior Member Liu Xiao Xiao's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    8,295

    Default

    ^^Oh I don't disagree that she's terrible . But I don't think it's entirely her fault that the director didn't send her to acting school first before filming (read that he was in a rush to find somebody to take on the role). I mean, it was obvious she was not ready, but what girl would say "no" to an opportunity like that?
    Last edited by Liu Xiao Xiao; 10-06-11 at 08:41 PM.

  16. #36
    Senior Member H.Ge-C.Liu's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    5,672

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dragon Heiress View Post
    I'd say his debut was still loads better than most other debuts who came from acting schools. My chief example would be Chen Kun in anything even up until today, but maybe other people think his acting is good.

    HG's debut (and as a main character) was actually Dandelion.
    From the previews I've seen, HG in Dandelion wasn't terrible, but it wasn't good either. I believe he was much more expressive in PAL1.
    Chen Kun? Not my favourite. Although that judgement is only based on a few minutes of watching a drama (whose title I can't remember...). Mon Cheri something??
    Biases: Hu Ge, Qiao Zhenyu, Liu Shi Shi
    Jiang Hu Fansubs - Recruiting members (especially translators).

  17. #37
    Senior Member Dragon Heiress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    The vast Jianghu.
    Posts
    2,059

    Default

    Well, if he didn't do a good job in CP1, the fandom might just have killed him. I don't think I've watched Mon Cheri, and tbh, I can't be bothered to watch anything from Chen Kun anymore.

    I actually find that dancers tend to have minimalistic acting rather than overacting. Once shyness, lack of experience in both acting and life, and just having absolutely no clue about what's going on is added into the equation, you get a pretty bad performance. A lot of acting has to do with technique, which LSS still kind of lacks today. Actors can cry as expressively as they want, but if the angle isn't right, the viewers can't really tell. Maybe one of the reasons LSS's acting improved so much in BBJX was because Nicky was teaching and showing her these things.

    Apparently, the director of her first drama tried to make things easy for her so they started with scenes that didn't require her doing anything. Then, when she finally got around to filming a speaking line, she kept laughing?
    我是个疯子疯子疯子只爱你的疯子 你是个傻子傻子傻子傻的却好懂事
    要爱你一辈子 写爱你的故事 在我心里承诺了几千次

  18. #38
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    112

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dragon Heiress View Post

    I actually find that dancers tend to have minimalistic acting rather than overacting.
    Do you think so ? To me, LSS and LYF are really bad examples of expressive dancers. I think the ones who are better representative of dancers turned actor are Zhang ZiYi, Michelle Yeoh, Sun FeiFei, that Au Yang Ke in LOCH2008 etc.

  19. #39
    Senior Member Dragon Heiress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    The vast Jianghu.
    Posts
    2,059

    Default

    When I think dancer-actors, Zhang Ziyi and Zhou Xun come to mind. Both of their acting seem quite minimalistic to me, but definitely not in a bad way (I absolutely adore Zhou Xun's acting). I haven't seen Michelle Yeoh in many expressive roles so she leaves a somewhat minimalistic impression on me and I haven't seen Sun Feifei in anything.
    我是个疯子疯子疯子只爱你的疯子 你是个傻子傻子傻子傻的却好懂事
    要爱你一辈子 写爱你的故事 在我心里承诺了几千次

  20. #40
    Moderator Suet Seung's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Posts
    13,945

    Default

    *looks at title of thread and scrolls down to look at topic content* How come this is a thread on Lin Geng Xin, but all the Hu Ge fans and etc comes here and talk about Hu Ge?
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

    Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

Similar Threads

  1. Wu Lin Wai Zhuan / 武林外传
    By Siven in forum Mainland China TV Series
    Replies: 132
    Last Post: 03-01-13, 02:05 AM
  2. 林家宇-Lin Jia Yu
    By coolseason in forum Actresses
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: 09-01-08, 05:40 AM
  3. Cui Lin (崔林)takes the lead in Shao Lin Seng Bing (少林僧兵)
    By Chinese Lady in forum Mainland China TV Series
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 06-20-08, 10:50 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts