Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Men with No Shadows 《不速之約》

I just watched the ending... I think it's very smooth. They explained everything nicely, and it's not rushed. Looking back on the series in its entirety, it's not that bad. They showed a lot of obvious hidden messages that if you didn't notice and actually think back you'd go 'oh yeah!'.

Ah Mui's case was pretty pointless.. albeit nice to watch.

Quote Originally Posted by arachidonic View Post
    I just watched the ending... I think it's very smooth. They explained everything nicely, and it's not rushed. Looking back on the series in its entirety, it's not that bad. They showed a lot of obvious hidden messages that if you didn't notice and actually think back you'd go 'oh yeah!'.
    I have to agree with you on the ending. It was surprisingly good. It's a shame that it gets difficult to watch after episode 5. It was just a mess. It could have been slightly better if it was more organize. I still don't recommend this series. Fans of any main cast members in this series shouldn't watch this. The cast has been in better series.
    click to show/hide spoilers
    I like the hidden messages in the show. They did symbolize the apple tons of times but I figure it was a sign that the devil took control of Typhoon. I didn't think it was some kind of mind manipulation (don't know the actual translation). I figure it was a supernatural theme. It would have been nice to actually watch a new series with a devil living in the modern world.

Watching episode 20. I feel very sorry for Toi Fung. I found him very tragic.

He has to hypnotize himself to escape reality. Seeing him so crazy makes me so sad for him. He met his trauma at a young vulnerable age and there's no one to help him get through it. His family members all unable to do so due to either being dead or comatosed.
    什麼是朋友?朋友永遠是在你犯下不可原諒錯誤的時候,仍舊站在你那邊的笨蛋。~ 王亞瑟

和諧唔係一百個人講同一番話,係一百個人有一百句唔同嘅說話,而又互相尊重 ~ - 葉梓恩

Sometime, Toi Fung's expression looks really like a kid. Especially after he 'wake up'. I think he might be still stuck in teenage mentality.

Raymond acted the break down crying scene at the ashes center very well.

But, his face changed too fast when he saw John Chiang. That has put a damper on his perfect performance and made it look a bit fake. He didn't even have tears anymore when he glared at John. Make up artists and director should have taken notice of this and made his eyes damper.
    Last edited by kidd; 10-10-11 at 12:41 PM.
    什麼是朋友?朋友永遠是在你犯下不可原諒錯誤的時候,仍舊站在你那邊的笨蛋。~ 王亞瑟

和諧唔係一百個人講同一番話,係一百個人有一百句唔同嘅說話,而又互相尊重 ~ - 葉梓恩

I just finished it.

Sorry, but the ending is dumb and ridonculous.

I would not recommend this series at all.

QF
    有了你開心D乜都清心滿意鹹魚白菜也好好味

I think the ending played well compared to the rest of the series. That said:
    I was thoroughly creeped out that Tavia's character dated Power's character Vincent knowing that she was his sister. WTF! I hated the whole story AND all of the subplots.

Quote Originally Posted by smurf120 View Post
    I think the ending played well compared to the rest of the series. That said:
    I was thoroughly creeped out that Tavia's character dated Power's character Vincent knowing that she was his sister. WTF! I hated the whole story AND all of the subplots.
    Nope, she didn't know until she saw his father and realized he was the man in her mother's photo.

In any case, the story was bogged down by

too many secret children. Fine, I believe the bit about Tavia.

How did Bobby not know his mother was pregnant? Yes, he may have been away at school but this would have been revealed by the occassional phone call home as his mother had no need to hide the pregnancy.

The story was weak.