Thread: Suggestion re translation links

Default Suggestion re translation links

While I very much appreciate the work that has gone into translations, I'm not sure that a thread in a forum is the best way to track the location of translations.

I'd suggest a sticky with a link to a viewable table stored somewhere...
    We could have in the format

Author, Book Title , Suggested reading order, Publication date, Whether there is an existing project ongoing or completed, URL for translation, *Maybe* last chapter translated, Download file (where the translator agrees), Notes (Such as missing chapters)

Additionally we could use the table to link to external translations.

This would also allow people to identify where there gaps in an author's body of work they would like to address

Actually, I'm going to try to put a wiki together, very simple, just a table with links etc. I'll hold off on doing any electronic copies until translators approve.

Will submit the link when it is ready. If people like it, will leave it editable so that they can update with translations they create or run across etc.

One goal would be to create a curated list of wuxia novels... websites and forums disappear but hopefully with numerous backups, we can make sure people's hard work is retained for subsequent enthusiasts.

Quote Originally Posted by jack_ingoldsby View Post
    While I very much appreciate the work that has gone into translations, I'm not sure that a thread in a forum is the best way to track the location of translations.

I'd suggest a sticky with a link to a viewable table stored somewhere...
    We could have in the format

Author, Book Title , Suggested reading order, Publication date, Whether there is an existing project ongoing or completed, URL for translation, *Maybe* last chapter translated, Download file (where the translator agrees), Notes (Such as missing chapters)

Additionally we could use the table to link to external translations.

This would also allow people to identify where there gaps in an author's body of work they would like to address

Have created a a very rough sample links wiki for couple of authors inc Jin Yong (no downloadable files yet, until I clear with translators...)
    All I am trying to do is get a set of links in one place that will be dynamically updated as new translations come out.... would also like people to be able to identify gaps in the genre... would envision leaving it open to being updated by all.

Feedback welcomed.

http://wuxiatranslations.wikispaces.com/home
    Last edited by jack_ingoldsby; 01-23-13 at 12:09 AM.