Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314

Thread: Curse Of The Royal Harem 《萬凰之王》

Why couldn't be honest with the Empreror and say that she had a miscarriage? The whole premature childbirth and illnesses that her son got from premature birth would not had happened.

Ching Yu is horrible. How can she separate the real mother and daughter, Granny Tsui and Choi-Kiu like that? Ugh. I say her ending is just. Anyway, I think i'll just skim through. The whole rivalry between the three ladies is getting boring.
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww3.sinaimg.cn/bmiddle/6482e5f1gw1do07a1btjpj.jpg')

Quote Originally Posted by charbydis View Post
    As I said, it is not why Yee Lan killed the Empress Dowager and Jing Yu that I disagree with, but the method she chose to carry out the executions. Her reasons for revenge and change in personality are justifiable. I would have killed both of them if I was in her shoes but I would assassinate them (poison them secretly, hang them/throw them down a well and fake suicide, push them down stairs and fake an accident, etc...) after waiting for all the tension to settle down so people could not directly linke me to the killings and accuse me of breaking my promise.

Politics is a hypocrital world and you need to be decisive and cruel to suvive. However, even if you break promises, you have to do it subtlely so you look righteous and honourable before other people. Yee Lan just did not care how her actions made Dao Guang look before others.

With her intelligence, Yee Lan could have killed them both less obviously without making Dao Guang look bad before other people, and make herself less threatening to Dao Guang. However, she chose to let the whole world know that she was the big boss as if daring for people to stop or punish her. She would have deduced Dao Guang's reaction if she did what she did, and could have avoided the whole conflict with an assassination but she decided to go head on with an execution and let it drive a wedge into their marriage.

Her over-confidence and intelligence are what rises her up above others, yet dooms her by driving her close ones away.
    i agree she should have done it a bit more discreetly, but at the end of the day if anything were to happen to the both of them meaning ching yue and the empress dowager the fingers will be pointed at yee lan because besides the emperor and yee lan who would have the audacity to order the death of ching yue and the empress dowager.

Quote Originally Posted by kidd View Post
    I watch up to episode 14 and scheme through to the part where the Empress make use of Consort Cheung to harm Consort Chuen's baby. I don't blame Consort Chuen for turning evil later. Up to this stage, all the events just show her that good does not beget good. The people who help just turn around and harm her return.

The Empress might have become more scheming now, but, I'll still call her stupid stupid stupid. She creates enemies for herself.
    in the beginning of the drama you can see how myolie's character was controlled and motivated by her mother. most of her actions and doings were arranged and taught by her mother. she seemingly was nothing but her mother's puppet up until her mother's death. i do have to admit that her mother did whatever she can to secures myolie's position as empress. yes, she was a bad human being, but she was a wonderful mother to empress.

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img.ihktv.com/image/2012/01/002533cHy.jpg')

Starring Jessica Hsuan, Myolie Wu, and Sunny Chan, Curse of the Royal Harem was one of TVB's 2011 Anniversary Dramas. The engrossing Qing-dynasty costume drama is often compared to audience favorites like War and Beauty and Beyond the Realm of Conscience for their similar elements of power struggles and concubine conflicts in the palace. And Curse didn't disappoint, having recorded one of the year's strongest viewership ratings for a drama series, and earned Wu her first Best Actress award and co-star Sire Ma a Most Improved Female Artist award at the TVB Anniversary Awards. The drama's star-studded cast also features Gigi Wong, Nancy Wu, Joel Chan, K.K. Cheung, Gordon Liu, Kwok Fung, Ben Wong, Elena Kong, and many more in a complex web of imperial intrigue.
    During the coronation of Lady Tunggiya Yuanwan (Myolie Wu) as Empress Consort, Emperor Daoguang (Sunny Chan) puts the ceremony on hold to save Lady Niohuru Yilan (Jessica Hsuan), who is made a human sacrifice for the funeral of her husband - Daoguang's elder brother - at the order of the Empress Dowager (Gigi Wong). Daoguang then makes Yilan his new Consort, much to the dismay of Yuanwan and the Empress Dowager, and a fierce and far-reaching battle for power breaks out inside the royal harem...
    http://www.yesasia.com/us/curse-of-t...0-en/info.html

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww1.sinaimg.cn/large/7eee21cbjw1dow119rbexj.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww1.sinaimg.cn/large/6482e5f1gw1dozmivw59hj.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img51.imageshack.us/img51/3782/mosinrating2011aeu.jpg')

I'm watching episode 26 and I'm tired of Emperor Dao Guang! How can you believe your brother is capable of what Official Mok said? Pitiful spineless man! These last few episodes are ridiculous!

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

Watching your posts over the years, it seems all you do is nitpick and criticize everything and everyone. It's a show, watch it or turn it off.

Quote Originally Posted by yufeihong View Post
    Watching your posts over the years, it seems all you do is nitpick and criticize everything and everyone. It's a show, watch it or turn it off.
    Hasty generalization.

Quote Originally Posted by Suet Seung View Post
    I'm watching episode 26 and I'm tired of Emperor Dao Guang! How can you believe your brother is capable of what Official Mok said? Pitiful spineless man! These last few episodes are ridiculous!
    Unfortunately, I think it'll get more exasperating in the concluding episodes. He might be a kind person, but the words you've used to describe him - pitiful, spineless - were true. I felt sad for him when watching his fall. He was a decent person. Albeit often lacking the guile to match the schemes against him. But that was a testament to his innocent nature relative to the people around him.

I guess this counted as a spoiler:
    He let a statement that someone said to him out of spite got to him. His inferiority complex surfaced, blossomed. So much so that he retreated from governing the country altogether and spent his days drinking and frolicking with the ladies.

I have a question. Someone posted earlier that Yee Lan's son will be the next emperor. But I was looking on wiki and it said the emperor after this one is his fourth son. I thought Yee Lan's son was the first

Quote Originally Posted by withlove2 View Post
    I have a question. Someone posted earlier that Yee Lan's son will be the next emperor. But I was looking on wiki and it said the emperor after this one is his fourth son. I thought Yee Lan's son was the first
    This series mess up a lot of history. Nancy's character supposed to be the next Empress after Yee Lan, but, in the series, that can't happen.
    什麼是朋友?朋友永遠是在你犯下不可原諒錯誤的時候,仍舊站在你那邊的笨蛋。~ 王亞瑟

和諧唔係一百個人講同一番話,係一百個人有一百句唔同嘅說話,而又互相尊重 ~ - 葉梓恩

Quote Originally Posted by kidd View Post
    This series mess up a lot of history. Nancy's character supposed to be the next Empress after Yee Lan, but, in the series, that can't happen.
    I think TVB's forums twisted it that way to mislead people because Nancy was only a Jing Gui Ren, where as Prince Gong's mum was Jing Fei. I wished Nancy was Jing Fei because the story would have been a whole lot more interesting.
    "Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self."
    Cyril Connolly

Sorry for bumping this. I started watching this series on Hulu, and it's dragging. I don't think I'll finish it, I ended up reading a really good synopsis.

However, do we ever find out what happens to Prince Muk (first prince)?? Like is he alive? Is he going to come back and be like, "I'm home?" But all his loved ones are slaughtered lol.

Quote Originally Posted by lilviet_grl8o8 View Post
    Sorry for bumping this. I started watching this series on Hulu, and it's dragging. I don't think I'll finish it, I ended up reading a really good synopsis.

However, do we ever find out what happens to Prince Muk (first prince)?? Like is he alive? Is he going to come back and be like, "I'm home?" But all his loved ones are slaughtered lol.
    Nope, he is dead.
    "Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self."
    Cyril Connolly