Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Steve Jobs is dead.

Default Steve Jobs is dead.

Steve Jobs, founder of Apple, is dead.

Today, millions of iMacs, iPods, iPhones, and iPads flicker in mourning.

"Although it cannot be foretold that he will never be surpassed in the future, it is indeed the case that he was unparalleled in history."
    忽见柳荫下两个小孩子在哀哀痛哭,瞧模样正是武敦儒、武修文兄弟。郭芙大声叫道:「喂,你们在干甚麽?」武 修文回头见是郭芙,哭道:「我们在哭,你不见麽?」

He left a legacy.

Honestly (and strangely), I was in shock for a couple of days and thought this was some sort of prank. I don't know why. I have accepted his death now, and I feel saddened. I only know that Steve Jobs is affiliated with Apple too. I didn't actually know he was the founder. I hear so much about him from the media and acquaintances that he become a small part of my conversational life.

I even only recently found out what the man looked like. :/ Still what a shame.
    I like me.

Never heard of the guy before and never into his invention but gotta admit that he was a legend.

Quote Originally Posted by Trien Chieu View Post
    Never heard of the guy before and never into his invention but gotta admit that he was a legend.
    Referring to Steve Jobs in the past tense is sad. It will take some time for me to accept that he has truly passed.

I wonder if he could resurrect Yahoo if given the chance.
    Join us at The Mandate RPG!
    Join the Discussion thread for The Mandate RPG!
    Quote Originally Posted by athlee View Post
    DZC - "Your wife and I, we are old friends."

It was a sad day for the city: quarry shooting in the morning and Jobs passing away in the afternoon. May he RIP.

Since we are on Steve Jobs, may I ask your perception of his personality? Is he more an introvert/extrovert?

As news stations throughout the world acknowledged, Steve Jobs put a dent in the universe.

Which puts him in the same league as the legendary warrior who turned the universe upside down.
    Last edited by PJ; 10-14-11 at 11:19 PM.
    忽见柳荫下两个小孩子在哀哀痛哭,瞧模样正是武敦儒、武修文兄弟。郭芙大声叫道:「喂,你们在干甚麽?」武 修文回头见是郭芙,哭道:「我们在哭,你不见麽?」

Quote Originally Posted by PJ View Post
    As news stations throughout the world acknowledged, Steve Jobs put a dent in the universe.

Which puts him in the same league as the legendary warrior who turned the universe upside down.
    While Steve Jobs was one of the greatest men ever live on earth but he was nowhere nearly as great as wuxia heroes. I guess real life legends/heroes just can't compare to fictional legends/heroes.
    Last edited by Trien Chieu; 10-15-11 at 12:42 AM.

While Steve Jobs was one of the greatest men ever live on earth but he was nowhere nearly as great as wuxia heroes. I guess real life legends/heroes just can't compare to fictional legends/heroes.
    Wuxia heroes are just fiction. Jobs was the real deal.

Quote Originally Posted by jadebunny9 View Post
    Wuxia heroes are just fiction. Jobs was the real deal.
    Moreover, what wuxia heroes "contribute" is mainly killing people. Even if they kill people for heroic causes, they are nevertheless killing people...they are destructive rather than constructive.

Steve Jobs *made* stuff, rather than destroyed it...and millions of people put that stuff to good use. That's a far greater achievement than killing people.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng View Post
    Moreover, what wuxia heroes "contribute" is mainly killing people. Even if they kill people for heroic causes, they are nevertheless killing people...they are destructive rather than constructive.
    Sure, but they have to kill in order to bring peace and freedom to the society. They put themselves in danger and often sacrifice their own lives for the greater society. They invents powerful martial arts that are by far better than Steve's invention.

Steve Jobs *made* stuff, rather than destroyed it...and millions of people put that stuff to good use. That's a far greater achievement than killing people.
    Unfortunately, killing people is sometimes an absolute necessity. Without killing the villains, the whole world would suffer. Wuxia heroes are world saviors while Steve Jobs was a great man that made society a better place. Ken, imagine what your life is gonna be like if the world is ruled by Hitler.

Sure, but they have to kill in order to bring peace and freedom to the society. They put themselves in danger and often sacrifice their own lives for the greater society. They invents powerful martial arts that are by far better than Steve's invention.

Unfortunately, killing people is sometimes an absolute necessity. Without killing the villains, the whole world would suffer. Wuxia heroes are world saviors while Steve Jobs was a great man that made society a better place. Ken, imagine what your life is gonna be like if the world is ruled by Hitler.
    You don't need to be a wuxia hero with super martial arts to "save the world" or topple corrupt leaders, as proven by people revolutions in Arab states in the past two years. Besides, WWI and WWII were hardly brought to an end by wuxia heroes.
    Join us at The Mandate RPG!
    Join the Discussion thread for The Mandate RPG!
    Quote Originally Posted by athlee View Post
    DZC - "Your wife and I, we are old friends."

I don't use any Apple products so I don't really care. I rolled my eyes at all the sentimentality when he died. Thousands are dying in impoverished countries and warzones, no one gives a crap, and one guy dies, and all those Jobs fanboys and fangirls were acting like Jesus got crucified again. (In fact, there's a picture that basically makes that point circulating around Facebook and I put it on my wall proudly.)

Jobs was an ******* who was difficult to get along with and made life a living hell for his employees.

I would be sad if Bill Gates died because he actually tries to do something useful with his billions through charity, but I just shrugged when Jobs dropped.
    What are you fighting for? Just mix them into pissing beef balls, stupid.
    SOD Pt. 7 updated Jan. 6, '08

Jiang Bao's Karaoke Corner

Quote Originally Posted by jiang bao View Post
    I don't use any Apple products so I don't really care. I rolled my eyes at all the sentimentality when he died. Thousands are dying in impoverished countries and warzones, no one gives a crap, and one guy dies, and all those Jobs fanboys and fangirls were acting like Jesus got crucified again. (In fact, there's a picture that basically makes that point circulating around Facebook and I put it on my wall proudly.)

Jobs was an ******* who was difficult to get along with and made life a living hell for his employees.

I would be sad if Bill Gates died because he actually tries to do something useful with his billions through charity, but I just shrugged when Jobs dropped.
    Don't like hard working conservative man, huh.
    How do you feel if Marxist/Communist leader Kim Jong Il passes away?

I will laugh my *** off when Kim JI croaks.

The fact that I don't like Jobs has nothing to do with his political views. It's about what he did as a person who could have done something with his money instead of just using it to make more money.

And in any case, Jobs said that he had Democratic leanings... so your suggestion that I don't like him is because he is a "conservative" is well... misguided... let's put it politely.
    What are you fighting for? Just mix them into pissing beef balls, stupid.
    SOD Pt. 7 updated Jan. 6, '08

Jiang Bao's Karaoke Corner

Banned

Please respond quickly, I want to put my order in ASAP.

Quote Originally Posted by jiang bao View Post
    I will laugh my *** off when Kim JI croaks.
    I thought you would cry days and nights if Marxist/communist leader Kim JI passes away. Don't you embrace Marxism anymore?

It's about what he did as a person who could have done something with his money instead of just using it to make more money.
    The guy worked hard to earn money. Why should he give them away? If people want to get ahead then they should work hard and live responsibly. They should not just sit there and waiting for and handout from hard working guys like Steve Jobs.