Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: Legendary Book of Sun-Moon Swordplay - The Prequel

Charbydis is just pouting in her little corner because there is no Yan Kuan fanfic here at spcnet.

Sorry, everyone, especially if you have been waiting for a new update. My bout of sickness these last few weeks has really put a dent in my story-writing ambitions. Every time I try to write, I get sick. I haven't been able to eat much and lost about 5 lbs. I'm feeling better today and am so glad to be back posting here. Unfortunately, the nausea comes and goes so I don't know when I'll be able to update.

I thought xia0yuer's comment about Bak Yeuk Lam reminding her of Zhao Min interesting. I never thought of that until she pointed it out. BYL sure seems headstrong enough, though.

Yup, I agree that MJH's kisses won't be as heated as SCN's. It's just not compatible with his character. He's more of the quietly passionate type, whereas SCN is much rougher and tends to grab what he wants. You ladies probably won't be able to guess MJH and BYL's relationship.

I'll definitely give everyone's suggestion of casting Li Dong Xue as BFL consideration. The guy certainly looks hot. I like filling my story with hot men. I initially thought of casting Yan Kuan as Bak Fei Long, but I've changed my mind to spite charbydis. Hahaha!

It looks like xia0yuer and Black Rose want SCN to kiss Yan. Xia0yuer wants him to kiss her in front of Kuk Wai, whereas Black Rose just wants him to kiss her...period. You two are pretty funny.

Hope you get well soon Mel! We're a very patient bunch.
    Biases: Hu Ge, Qiao Zhenyu, Liu Shi Shi
    Jiang Hu Fansubs - Recruiting members (especially translators).

Ohhh! I didn't know you weren't feeling well, Mel. I hope you get well soon. Don't worry about updating the story, just get your rest. I'll just keep myself occupied by imagining all the various scenarios of how SCN and BR will meet up again.

And please don't tell us BYL and MJH are long lost siblings! Nooooooooo! That would KILL H.Ge-C.Liu. Just because she claims to be a calm, meditating sort doesn't mean she won't kill you first before committing suicide.

Quote Originally Posted by Black Rose View Post
    And please don't tell us BYL and MJH are long lost siblings! Nooooooooo! That would KILL H.Ge-C.Liu. Just because she claims to be a calm, meditating sort doesn't mean she won't kill you first before committing suicide.
    Long Yang and Long Kui were siblings in the Chinese Paladin 3 drama, but acted like lovers. BUT that is better then the scenario Black Rose stated, because Long Yang dies, and their feelings weren't lover-like in the first place, despite what the acting leads us to think.

If MJH and BRL find out they are 'long lost siblings' and then leave of their own accord because they think it is going against 'life values', then that is going to mortally wound me. At least Yang Guo and Xiao Long Nü didn't leave each other because society didn't accept their relationship.

I've seen quite a few dramas where the above scenario [MJH and BRL] happens, and people are now referring to it as 狗血剧情 (I'm not too sure how to explain it properly, but it's kind of like over-reaction, exaggeration and cliche mixed together).

Mel's a nice person, so she won't include that in her fan-fic. Besides, her story is based on wuxia, not 狗血 romance.

Quote Originally Posted by Melanie View Post
    Sorry, everyone, especially if you have been waiting for a new update. My bout of sickness these last few weeks has really put a dent in my story-writing ambitions. Every time I try to write, I get sick. I haven't been able to eat much and lost about 5 lbs. I'm feeling better today and am so glad to be back posting here. Unfortunately, the nausea comes and goes so I don't know when I'll be able to update.
    Focus on getting better first. I hope it's nothing too serious.

I'll definitely give everyone's suggestion of casting Li Dong Xue as BFL consideration. The guy certainly looks hot. I like filling my story with hot men. I initially thought of casting Yan Kuan as Bak Fei Long, but I've changed my mind to spite charbydis. Hahaha!
    I'd be happy if you cast Huang Xiao Ming as BFL too.
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://photocdn.sohu.com/20050510/Img225492428.jpg')

I know that you're not HXM's biggest fan, but his chin doesn't look too pointy in the picture above. (By the way, I'm still 120% loyal to Wallace, but he can't be both SCN and BFL unless you make them twins separated during childhood like in Yi Chu Ji Fa, which I also wouldn't mind. )

It looks like xia0yuer and Black Rose want SCN to kiss Yan. Xia0yuer wants him to kiss her in front of Kuk Wai, whereas Black Rose just wants him to kiss her...period. You two are pretty funny.
    Well, your kiss scenes are pretty hot and we haven't had a proper one in a few chapters....

Quote Originally Posted by Black Rose View Post
    I don't think H.Ge-C.Liu will do anything too drastic before actually getting her LSS and HG pairing on screen. Hehe.
    Currently translating 香蜜沉沉烬如霜 at a very minute pace:
    http://xia0yuer.tumblr.com/

I hope you are feeling better, Mel. Take it easy and don't stress yourself out with work or anything. Your health definitely takes priority over everything. Also, I apologize for my MIA lately. Been quite busy traveling for work and also caught a cold. Seems there was a nasty virus going around the office and home. But I'm all better now .

Quote Originally Posted by xia0yuer View Post
    I'd be happy if you cast Huang Xiao Ming as BFL too.
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://photocdn.sohu.com/20050510/Img225492428.jpg')

I know that you're not HXM's biggest fan, but his chin doesn't look too pointy in the picture above. (By the way, I'm still 120% loyal to Wallace, but he can't be both SCN and BFL unless you make them twins separated during childhood like in Yi Chu Ji Fa, which I also wouldn't mind.
    I would also like to cast my vote for HXM as BFL . I've always thought he is such a hunk. Except he hasn't impressed me at all as an actor yet. I heard that he did a great job in New Shanghai Bund, but I haven't watched it.

Hi, everyone! No, this is not an update. I'm definitely feeling better each day, but some days, I still cannot eat well. Thanks so much for everyone's well wishes! I'll update everyone on my "condition" as I go along, since I'm sure everyone is wondering what will happen to this story and my other fanfic. (I'm not mortally wounded and it's nothing serious, by the way. Ha.) I've been well enough to write a few pages of the next update, revealing a bit more of HG and LSS's characters. And I already imagined how SCN and BR will reunite, so it shouldn't be too difficult whipping those thoughts into words. Maybe I'll throw in some sweet moments for those who want some kissing.

Black Rose
    I have also been imagining the various scenarios on how Yan and Sit Chung Nam will reunite. I wonder if our scenarios are similar.

H.Ge-C.Liu
    First, I have to laugh myself silly at your less-than-subtle tactics on buttering me up just so I won't turn HG and LSS's characters into long lost siblings. "Mel is a nice person." Indeed, I am a nice person, and you can relax because their characters are not long lost siblings. This is not because of your buttering up, but because I have always rolled my eyes at such plots in dramas (where biological siblings separated at birth fall in love with each other) and thought to myself, "Not that stupid story arc again!" Since I don't want any of my readers rolling their eyes at me, I will not make them long lost siblings. However, I will say that there IS a pair of long lost siblings in this story, only you ladies have guessed the wrong pair.

xia0yuer
    Look at you... Trying to defend your love for HXM to me. Tsk tsk. Just admit it; you have a wandering eye! Bak Fei Long might not be so lucky in love compared to SCN, so do you still want your HXM to be BFL?

Aha! Someone admitted that my kiss scenes are "pretty hot!" Ahh, that sounds much better than "false advertising."

tweety
    Welcome back, tweety! So the traveling has finally started, huh? Which places have you been to?

And I'm glad you're bouncing back from your cold.

Another vote for HXM as Bak Fei Long? Will you like BFL more than SCN if I cast HXM as BFL?

However, I will say that there IS a pair of long lost siblings in this story, only you ladies have guessed the wrong pair.
    OH!!! I remember now! SCN has a little brother (same mother, different father) that he mentioned to Black Rose during the time he reminisced about his childhood. I totally forgot about this little detail, silly me

Welcome back, tweety! So the traveling has finally started, huh? Which places have you been to?
    It's good to be back. I went to St Louis and Seattle. Going back to Seattle in 2 weeks, so scrambling to do a lot of planning at work. It's busy season for us now

Another vote for HXM as Bak Fei Long? Will you like BFL more than SCN if I cast HXM as BFL?
    That will depend on how you develop the character. However, SCN has such a multifaceted personality, not to mention sex appeal oozing out of his pores, that he is indeed a very tough act to follow. So I think it's safe to say that I won't like BFL more than SCN .

I'm hoping BFL has better luck in the love department than poor, poor Kuk Wai. I had high hopes for Kuk Wai too. Unfortunately, his story is quite pitiful. Drugged, sexually assaulted, dumped by his girlfriend for an act that was out of his control, and finally forced to marry his sadistic attacker .

I've been well enough to write a few pages of the next update, revealing a bit more of HG and LSS's characters. And I already imagined how SCN and BR will reunite, so it shouldn't be too difficult whipping those thoughts into words. Maybe I'll throw in some sweet moments for those who want some kissing.
    No rush Mel! I'm already excited at the phrases "revealing a bit more of HG and LSS's characters" and "Maybe I'll throw in some sweet moments" [between Yan and SCN! ]

H.Ge-C.Liu
    First, I have to laugh myself silly at your less-than-subtle tactics on buttering me up just so I won't turn HG and LSS's characters into long lost siblings. "Mel is a nice person." Indeed, I am a nice person, and you can relax because their characters are not long lost siblings. This is not because of your buttering up, but because I have always rolled my eyes at such plots in dramas (where biological siblings separated at birth fall in love with each other) and thought to myself, "Not that stupid story arc again!" Since I don't want any of my readers rolling their eyes at me, I will not make them long lost siblings. However, I will say that there IS a pair of long lost siblings in this story, only you ladies have guessed the wrong pair.
    I was only telling the truth.
    Phew! Now I'm all bouncy and happy again after the fact that GeShi will not be long lost siblings has been confirmed.
    Hmm..Will SCN's little brother be just a cameo in this story or one of the mains? There really wasn't much on him for me to judge whether he'll be a good guy or one of the antagonists - that is, if you decide to drag him into the story.

I'm fine with either HXM or Li Dong Xue. I can't really see HXM playing a character that is extremely polite with a scholarly appearance, but that's probably because I haven't seen any of his dramas (so far, only ROCH06. The Patriot Yuefei is on my to watch list.)
    All in all, it depends on BFL's personality.

Talking

Leave it to tweety to remember the tiny detail of SCN's half brother. The half brother will have a fair number of scenes.

I think of all the readers here, tweety is the only one sympathetic toward Kuk Wai. Everyone else is either indifferent or doesn't like him. (I don't think xia0yuer and H.Ge-C.Liu like him.) Poor guy. I'm curious... Tweety, if you were Yan, would you go back to Kuk Wai? We know Kuk Wai's situation was sort of out of his control, but could you really forget what has happened? I have a very long memory and probably can't forget.

CHAPTER 12 --- MISS ME?

Characters appearing in this chapter:
    Chen Hao---Fa Heung Ling a.k.a. Poison Snake 花香伶
    Hu Ge---Miu Jing Hung 苗靖雄
    Cecilia Liu Shi Shi---Bak Yeuk Lam 白弱琳
    Sun Fei Fei---Fa Heung Yan a.k.a. Black Rose 花香燕
    Wallace Chung Hon Leung---Sit Chung Nam 薛钟南
    Wallace Huo Jian Hua---Kuk Wai 曲偉

NORTH STAR TOWN
    FOREST

“Who are you?” Ling demanded, her eyes narrowed suspiciously.

The man did not answer her. Instead, he quietly stepped in front of the fallen Yeuk Lam, protecting her with his body. He kept his head lowered as he calmly strapped his sword to his back. Then, he slowly lifted his hand and adjusted his bamboo hat so that Ling could finally see his face.

At first glance, this stranger with the bamboo hat was not classically handsome with his thin, long face. Yet, as he turned to glance down at Yeuk Lam sprawled on the ground, Ling could see his very attractive chiseled profile. In addition, his eyes held such seriousness and quiet confidence that he immediately commanded respect and attention. Even more attractive was the absolute attention and care he paid to Bak Yeuk Lam as he completely ignored Ling while leaning down to gently help her to her feet.

“Are you all right?” Miu Jing Hung asked softly, his quiet eyes scanning over Yeuk Lam, while keeping his hand on her upper arm to support her.

Ignoring him, she shrugged off his hand and looked away, but not before Miu Jing Hung could see the pallor in her complexion due to her injuries and the silent grief on her face over Uncle Wong’s death. Immediately, he took a step closer toward her.

“You’re injured!” Though his voice remained low, a new urgency seeped in.

However, Yeuk Lam backed away from him, already dismissing him with her actions.

Sighing with resignation, Miu Jing Hung redirected his attention toward Fa Heung Ling. Ling stared right back. Though this man’s demeanor appeared calm and reserved, Ling, nonetheless, could feel the tiny hairs on the back of her neck rise. Something in his eyes alarmed her, a fleeting, yet dangerous flash of rage.

By this time, Yan and the remaining five Flag Heroes had reached Yeuk Lam’s side.

Placing an arm around Yeuk Lam’s shoulders to help support her, Yan asked with concern. “Are you all right, Miss Bak?”

Nodding, Yeuk Lam grimaced slightly from the pain due to her injuries. “I’ll survive.”

Turning her attention back to Miu Jing Hung, Yan tilted her head and stared at the tall man pensively. “Isn’t that Imperial Constable Miu?” She whispered to Yeuk Lam upon recognizing him from his confrontation with Sit Chung Nam earlier at the diner of Cherry Blossom Inn. “I wonder why he’s here?” Yan murmured to herself while straining her ears to listen in on Ling and Jing Hung’s conversation.

“Who are you?” Ling questioned Jing Hung again. “Do you know who I am? I suggest that you leave while I am still generous enough to let you leave.”

Rather than answer Ling’s questions, Jing Hung merely walked over to the white flag lying on the ground, its staff shattered to pieces by Ling’s internal energy during her battle with Yeuk Lam earlier. Picking up the flag, he tied it to a thin, long tree branch on the forest ground. Then, Jing Hung turned back and faced Ling. With a single flick of his wrist, he expertly twirled the makeshift weapon in his right hand. Despite the tree branch’s feeble thinness, the weapon sliced through the air with an almost imperceptible whooshing noise, the force generated by the branch and flag’s movement scattering debris and fallen leaves.

“Clan Leader Poison Snake of the Thousand Snake Black Rose Clan, I heard you ridiculing the martial arts of the Seven Soaring Flags Clan moments ago. Do you really want a taste of the Seven Soaring Flags Clan’s martial arts?” Jing Hung asked Ling solemnly.

Carefully watching her new opponent adroitly flick the makeshift flag and staff around, Ling narrowed her eyes at him. “Who are you? Are you the real White Flag Bak Fei Lung?” By this point, Ling had already figured out that Yeuk Lam was not the real Bak Fei Lung.

Jing Hung smiled slightly. “No.”

“Then, who...?” Ling started to ask but stopped when a shiny glint of gold caught her eyes.

Upon seeing the golden crest of the Imperial Constables dangling from Jing Hung’s waist sash with the surname “Miu” etched on it, Ling smiled slowly as understanding dawned on her.

“Ah, I see. You are Imperial Constable Miu Jing Hung.” She smirked. “What business does an imperial constable have with our little situation this evening? I thought the imperial constables do not interfere with affairs of the martial arts world?”

“As Imperial Constable Miu Jing Hung, I would not interfere with affairs of the martial arts world. But as just Miu Jing Hung, I will not stand by and watch you harm Bak Yeuk Lam.” Jing Hung answered calmly.

Ling sneered as she glanced over at the young woman disguised as White Flag Bak Fei Lung. “So this is Bak Yeuk Lam, the young mistress of the Seven Soaring Flags Clan.” She chuckled insolently. “She has some courage, daring to impersonate her elder brother in hopes of fooling me.” Ling glared at Jing Hung. “What is she to you?”

“She is my wife.” He responded without hesitation.

In the background, Yan gasped. “Constable Miu is your husband?” She gawked at Yeuk Lam incredulously.

In response, Yeuk Lam sighed quietly with exasperation. “I wish he would stop telling everyone that.” She muttered.

Unaware of Yeuk Lam’s annoyance, Jing Hung kept his eyes trained cautiously on Ling. “For insulting my wife and her Seven Soaring Flags Clan, I will have to teach you a lesson today. I may not be completely well versed in the martial arts skills of the Seven Soaring Flags Clan, but I will nevertheless use its martial arts techniques to teach you a lesson on my wife’s behalf. However, if you apologize, I will let you leave peacefully.”

“Apologize?” Ling nearly choked with mirth at Miu Jing Hung’s absurd request.

Failing to see any humor behind his words, Jing Hung simply stared at Ling, patiently waiting for her decision to either apologize to Yeuk Lam or face the consequences.

As her laughter gradually trailed off, Ling suddenly jerked her head up and narrowed her eyes at Jing Hung. “Miu Jing Hung, you insult me! Poison Snake apologizes to nobody!”

Without further words, she lunged at Jing Hung. As her palms aimed for his shoulders, he lifted his right hand with lightening speed and whacked at her wrists with the tree branch. With internal energy backing his movements, the force of the slap from the thin branch stung like a thousand lightening bolts.

While Ling withdrew her palms, Jing Hung calmly informed her of this stance’s background. “This stance was invented by the elder Seven Soaring Flags Clan Leader Bak and perfected by my brother-in-law, Bak Fei Lung. It’s called ‘Lightening Snaps Imbecile.’”

In the background, Yan snickered, while Yeuk Lam cannot stop an amused smile from forming on her lips. Ling shot her younger sister an infuriated look.

Swerving back toward her opponent, Ling spat, “You fool! Are you likening me to an imbecile? You think you can insult me like this without consequences?”

Jing Hung only stared quietly back at Ling, unperturbed.

When Ling charged again, he immediately flipped into a single handstand, his right hand still grasping onto the white flag while his left hand supported his upside down body. Maneuvering the flag in a series of rapid circular motions, he forced Ling to continuously hop around to avoid having her legs struck by his weapon. Meanwhile, Jing Hung’s legs scissored swiftly in the air, parrying Ling’s palm attack. After ten stances, he managed to clip Ling on the chin with his booted foot, sending her catapulting backward. Steadying herself smoothly, she executed three backflips and landed safely on the ground.

Jing Hung flipped upright and landed on his feet. He then turned slowly to face Ling.

“That stance is called ‘Keep Fools Hopping.’” His quiet, deadpan expression somehow made his statement a thousand times more insulting.

Incensed beyond words, Ling raised her right palm in attack position, opening with the first stance of her Blood Shadow Palm. She leapt forward, aiming for Jing Hung’s chest, but he quickly twisted into the air, out of target range. While in the air over Ling’s head, he executed a series of rapid flicks with his makeshift white flag weapon and flashed the large sheet of fabric continuously and swiftly over Ling’s head to confuse her. Undaunted, Ling clasped her palms together. Her internal energy surged toward her palms and quickly erupted in an explosion of crimson, which shot upward and set the white flag on fire. As orange-red flames consumed the fabric, Jing Hung hurled the flag toward Ling. She backflipped three times as the flaming weapon sliced through the air, almost brushing against the veil covering her face.

Suddenly, seemingly out of nowhere, Jing Hung appeared from the darkness and grabbed onto the tree branch, the white fabric tied to one end of the branch still crackling with flames. Flipping over Ling’s head, he extended his arm, jabbing the burning flag at her. Every time she attempted to palm him on the shoulder or chest, the flaming fabric would block her palm’s forward progression. As a result, it almost appeared to an observer that Jing Hung was leading Ling around by waving his burning flag.

“This stance is called ‘Leading Bull by Nose with Fire.’” Jing Hung commented as he continued to dangle the flaming flag in front of Ling’s face.

Becoming more enraged by the minute, Ling changed tactics and lunged toward Yeuk Lam instead. Alarmed at Ling’s change in target, Jing Hung somersaulted over Ling’s head to block her advance. Once Ling lured Jing Hung over, she suddenly swiveled from Yeuk Lam toward Jing Hung and reached inside her gown pocket, emerging with a handful of black powder.

As Ling raised her hand, about to fling the powder at her opponent, Yan straightened with alarm in the background. Recognizing the powdery substance, she screamed out a warning to Jing Hung. “Constable Miu, watch out! That powder can blind you!”

Unfortunately, Yan’s warning came a little too late, for even though Jing Hung was able turn quickly to the side, a small amount of black powder nonetheless splattered into his eyes.

As the powder melted into his eyes, he stumbled backward, squeezing his stinging eyes shut. He tried to open his eyes, but the powder stung like a thousand daggers digging into his eyes. Finally, he managed to peel open his eyelids, but only a curtain of black met him. The powder had indeed blinded him.

Jing Hung forced himself to calm down and think clearly. Behind him, he heard Yeuk Lam call out his name with worry. Simultaneously, he felt a subtle shift of the air on his left. Sensing Ling’s approach, Jing Hung ripped off the flaming white fabric attached to the end of the tree branch in his hand. Brandishing the branch like a sword in his left hand, he reached back and unsheathed his sword strapped to his back with his right hand. As Ling thrust her palm forward, Jing Hung crisscrossed the weapons, using them to block Ling’s Blood Shadow Palm. Executing a swift kick upward, he forced Ling back temporarily, but an almost imperceptible whoosh of air from above his head indicated Ling’s advance again. Allowing his hearing to guide his actions, he flicked the tree branch upward, the swift jab nearly piercing Ling’s shoulder. Grunting from the pain, she retreated a few paces.

From behind, the five remaining Flag Heroes rushed forward to aid Jing Hung, while Yan stayed by the injured Yeuk Lam’s side. Unfortunately, at that moment, Ling brought her fingers to her lips and whistled. From the darkness, about a dozen Thousand Snake Black Rose Clan members emerged and surrounded the Flag Heroes and Jing Hung.

The Thousand Snake Black Rose Clan members each carried a sword with small metal rings attached to one edge of the blade. With each wave of the sword, an obnoxious ringing echoed throughout the forest. The clanging created a cacophony of metal against metal, disorienting the blinded Jing Hung. The sounds of battle as the Flag Heroes fought off the onslaught of Thousand Snake Black Rose Clan members further impeded Jing Hung’s ability to hear.

Unable to see and no longer able to use his hearing to guide him, Jing Hung sustained a forceful kick to the chest from one of the Thousand Snake Black Rose Clan members. He raised his sword and slashed diagonally, killing his opponent. However, another two clan members flew forward and pierced his right shoulder with their swords.

“Miu Jing Hung!” Yeuk Lam called out upon seeing him injured, no longer able to feign indifference.

Yan tried to hold the injured Yeuk Lam back, fearing that she would get killed if she charged into the melee. However, Yeuk Lam urgently shrugged off Yan’s hands and rushed toward Jing Hung. Dodging the Thousand Snake Black Rose Clan members as best as she could, Yeuk Lam somehow reached Jing Hung unharmed.

Limping the last few steps, she crouched down next to the fallen Jing Hung and gently cradled his upper body in her arms. “Are you all right?”

Recognizing her voice and her touch, the blinded constable looked up in the direction of her voice. He reached up to touch her face, ignoring the searing pain tearing through his heavily bleeding shoulder wound.

“Yeuk Lam, is that you?” Jing Hung asked through clenched teeth as he bit back a groan of agony. His eyes stung mercilessly and he couldn’t see anything. Yet, Yeuk Lam’s gentle voice washed over his injuries like a soothing balm. “I know you still care for me, right?”

Before Yeuk Lam could respond, Jing Hung again felt a sudden shift in the air behind him. Recognizing the all too familiar sensation, he immediately tackled Yeuk Lam to the ground, protectively covering her body with his. At that moment, Ling burst through the crowd of fighting bodies, palms extended. Right before her Blood Shadow Palm could contact Jing Hung’s back, Blue Flag suddenly appeared and shielded Jing Hung’s body with his own, thus protecting the constable and Yeuk Lam from Ling’s assault. The impact from Ling’s palm nearly disintegrated the entire area on Blue Flag’s body that came into contact with the poison from the palm. Blue Flag’s body jerked briefly and then he stopped moving altogether.

“Blue Flag!” Yeuk Lam screamed.

Without giving her opponents any time to react, Ling retracted her palm in preparation for another attack. Suddenly, a wall of fire surrounded her, the licking flames forcing her to back away from Yeuk Lam and Jing Hung. Off to the side, Yan rushed forward, fueling the flames with more of the explosive powder from her travel sack. As the wall of flames rose higher and higher, engulfing her elder sister, Yan turned to help Yeuk Lam drag Jing Hung to his feet. When Yeuk Lam tried to rush back over to Blue Flag, Yan pushed her back.

“Stop! He’s dead from the poison of the Blood Shadow Palm.” Yan yelled above the clanging of swords in the background as the remaining Flag Heroes continued to fight off the Thousand Snake Black Rose Clan members.

“I can’t leave one of my men!” Yeuk Lam objected, attempting to push Yan aside.

“Yes, you can!” Yan pushed back. “If he were still alive, then I would help you save him. But he’s dead, and there is nothing else you can do for him. Let’s go before my elder sister breaks through that wall of fire. You need to save the ones who are still alive! Your husband needs you!”

Yan’s last statement caused Yeuk Lam to pause and glance worriedly toward the blind Jing Hung. Coming to a quick decision, she nodded and ran back to Jing Hung’s side. “All right, let’s go!”

While the wall of fire continued to surround Ling, the remaining Flag Heroes knocked out the last of the Thousand Snake Black Rose Clan members. Promptly, they followed Yeuk Lam, Jing Hung, and Yan deeper into the forest.

ONE MILE AWAY
    FOREST

Yeuk Lam and Yan helped Jing Hung navigate through the rocky and mountainous terrain. Despite the dark night, they managed to travel uneventfully for about one mile. Suddenly, Yan halted.

“Wait!” Yan cautioned, tilting her head slightly to listen closely to her surroundings.

“What is wrong?” Yeuk Lam inquired, as she, too, surveyed the pitch dark.

“Shh!” Jing Hung hushed the group. He cocked his head attentively. “Do you hear that?”

Frowning, Yeuk Lam strained her ears. After a moment, she shook her head, though her heart started to beat anxiously, as she, too, sensed trouble.

“I don’t hear anything.” Yeuk Lam whispered.

“That’s the problem.” Jing Hung answered grimly. “The absolute stillness is almost like the calm before a storm.”

Complete silence surrounded the forest. While the quiet should have been reassuring that they were no longer being pursued, this type of silence was not the comforting type. Instead, it hovered in the air like a thick, suffocating presence, wrapping its invisible claws around each person’s throat, squeezing briefly before letting go and then squeezing again, as if it were alive and taunting the group of humans. It laughed fiendishly, yet soundlessly.

“Constable Miu is absolutely right. Something is amiss.” Yan shook her head. “I don’t know how to explain this feeling I have, but it’s too quiet and our escape has been too smooth. I know my elder sister too well. She must be close by. Now that her greatest opponent, Constable Miu, is blinded, she knows she has the advantage.”

“She’s here?” Yeuk Lam furrowed her brows. “Then why hasn’t she attacked yet?”

“She’s toying with us, like a cat does with a trapped mouse.” Yan answered before quickly coming to a decision. She turned toward Yeuk Lam, her expression resigned. “This is where we part, Miss Bak.”

“What?” Yeuk Lam sputtered, puzzled.

“I am my elder sister’s main target, not you, not Constable Miu, and not the Flag Heroes.” Yan twisted her lips bitterly, as she realized that she may die at Poison Snake’s hands this night. Placing her hands together in a gesture of gratitude, Yan bowed her head slightly. “Miss Bak, Constable Miu, Flag Heroes, thank you for attempting to help me today. It is my turn to help you. If we go our separate paths now, my elder sister will chase after me, leaving you all free from her pursuit. Take care!”

As Yan turned to leave, Jing Hung reached a hand blindly forward. “Clan Leader Black Rose, wait...”

However, before the injured Yeuk Lam or the blinded Jing Hung could detain her, Yan nimbly darted into the forest, the darkness quickly swallowing her petite figure...

ANOTHER MILE AWAY
    FOREST

Yan kept up a steady pace, hobbling on her injured ankle briskly and trying her best to keep from tripping and rolling down the hilly terrain of the forest surrounding North Star Town. She had left the Seven Soaring Flags Clan group about half an hour earlier, and yet that disturbing silence still followed her like a sinister being, lurking in the dark waiting for the right moment to pounce. If her elder sister was indeed trailing her, she certainly was taking her sweet time before revealing herself. Gripping her ever-present travel sack tightly against her chest, Yan pursed her lips, determined to forge ahead despite her extreme fatigue and the excruciating pain shooting up her leg from her injured ankle. She refused to lie down and just let her sister kill her.

She hobbled forward, unaware that she was unconsciously traveling back toward the direction of Cherry Blossom Inn where she and Sit Chung Nam had first been separated. Though her mind may deny it, her heart was leading her right back to the one person she felt safe with since escaping the Thousand Snake Black Rose Clan months ago. For another few minutes, she hopped delicately along the dirt road before finally realizing where she was heading toward. Shocked, she stopped and mentally reprimanded herself.

Sit Chung Nam was cocky, rude most of the time, and certainly not a gentleman, but somehow in the short time that she had known him, she found herself inexplicably drawn to him. When he was around, he infuriated her and she wanted nothing more than to kick him in the shins. However, now that he was no longer with her, she missed him. She missed the deep timbre of his voice. She missed the discreet sandalwood scent she smelled on him whenever he tried to hug her. Good heavens, she even missed her altercations with him! Dismayed at her insanity, she made a three-hundred sixty degree pivot, forcing herself to go in the opposite direction.

It was at that moment that Yan felt his presence.

Sit Chung Nam

He was here. Even though she couldn’t see him yet, she somehow knew he was close by. It was as if she could feel his heart beating, and quite naturally, her own heart started to beat in sync with his.

Two hearts beating as one, united in perfect harmony.

He had come for her. Yan’s heart immediately blossomed with joy. Without knowing why, Yan turned and peered toward the direction of the thick grove of trees to her left, somehow knowing he would appear from that direction.

As if on cue, a tall figure dressed in white robes stepped out from behind the grove of trees. The man stood still for a moment, staring back at her. Then, he spread his arms apart, as if silently inviting her to run into his embrace.

Even though she could not see his face due to the distance and darkness, Yan knew it was Sit Chung Nam. She knew he was grinning; she could feel it. Without any hesitation, she tore across the distance separating them, grinning just as widely as Sit Chung Nam, no longer noticing the pain from her ankle.

Yan had only traveled a few feet before Chung Nam leapt into the air and flew toward her. Reaching her in a matter of seconds, he scooped her up in his arms and spun wildly in the air with her. Her heart giddy from happiness, Yan clung to him and buried her face against his shoulder, finding comfort in the warmth of his embrace.

When he finally descended to the ground again, Yan immediately tried to wiggle out of his tight embrace. Chung Nam resisted the urge to keep her locked in his arms forever. Reluctantly, he loosened his arms a bit, but only enough to allow her to lean back.

“Where have you been?” She frowned up at Chung Nam. When he continued to grin at her, Yan’s frown grew fiercer. “What are you smiling about?” She asked irately. “I thought you were dead! There were so many Thousand Snake Black Rose Clan members surrounding you at the lake behind the inn!”

The minute Yan started running into his arms, he already knew she cared for him. Now her words confirmed her feelings, and an indescribable sense of elation washed over him, rendering him idiotically speechless. Finally, he found his voice.

“Miss me, my little fairy?” Chung Nam leaned down and nuzzled the side of Yan’s neck.

Yan pushed his face away. “No,” she responded stubbornly, despite blushing furiously as she did indeed miss him.

“No?” Chung Nam asked teasingly.

He tilted his head and nipped at her lower lip playfully.

She batted at his head lightly and glared at him. “No, I didn’t miss you at all!”

“Then why did you fling aside your precious sack of fairy dust to run to me?” Chung Nam raised his eyebrows.

“I did no such...” Yan started to deny his accusation, reaching behind her back to check for her travel bag. She gasped when she realized that her ever-present sack was no longer present. “My travel sack!” Her eyes widened in alarm and she struggled in earnest against Chung Nam. “I lost my travel sack! I just had it a minute ago! Let me go! I have to go find my bag!”

Chuckling, Chung Nam jerked his chin toward a spot some distance away. “Your precious bag is on the ground right there.”

Twirling around, Yan blinked and searched frantically in the direction Chung Nam had indicated. She noticed her sack discarded on the ground where she was standing before she ran to Chung Nam. Relieved, she hobbled toward her travel sack.

Reaching her bag of invaluable powders, she leaned down and dusted it lovingly. Just as she straightened, she noticed a sudden shift in the air. She vaguely heard Chung Nam’s frantic warning in the distance. Before she could react, a glowing crimson palm emerged from the darkness.

Yan blinked as the red palm approached her at rapid speed. With the crimson palm barely an inch from her forehead, a white-colored blur rushed past her, and suddenly another palm thrust forward and blocked the crimson palm from touching her forehead. The white blur’s palm emitted a brilliant white glow as it received Ling’s Blood Shadow Palm. The energy radiating outward from the clash of palms flung Yan backward. The white blur disengaged from Ling to somersault through the air and catch Yan before she crashed to the ground.

Gently depositing Yan on the ground, Chung Nam positioned himself protectively in front of Yan and turned to face Ling.

“Sit Chung Nam!” Ling spat, glaring through her veil at her nemesis, the man who had scarred her.

He merely smirked at her, his arms crossed across his chest arrogantly. He appeared formidable, towering like an indestructible god, unharmed by the Blood Shadow Palm.

“Clan Leader Poison Snake, have you returned for another scar?” Chung Nam asked mockingly.

Her expression turning even uglier than before, Ling sneered viciously behind her veil. “I’ve just transferred my poison to you through our exchange of palms. It will only be a matter of minutes before the Blood Shadow Palm’s poison reaches your vital organs and kill you.”

“If I’m going to die, then I’m going to make sure I take you with me.” Chung Nam replied with a hard glint in his eyes.

Tired of wasting his time with Ling, he flashed forward. As Ling raised her right palm again to execute the opening stance of her Blood Shadow Palm, Chung Nam imitated her move, only much more quickly, and palmed her on the shoulder before she could react. Reeling from the impact, Ling skidded backward, her head thrown back, dislodging the veil covering her face. When Chung Nam’s right palm moved forward again, she straightened swiftly and punched forward with her signature palm technique. Again, his speed proved more superior than hers, as his left hand grabbed her right wrist and twisted viciously, while his right palm, moving so rapidly it appeared to be a streak of white energy, punched her again on the shoulder.

Ling catapulted through the air before landing in a crumpled heap on the ground. Dragging herself up to a sitting position, she vomited up blood.

“The Blood Shadow Palm!” She sputtered incredulously as she realized that Sit Chung Nam had just injured her using her own palm technique. “How do you know my palm technique?”

Instead of answering her, Chung Nam only curved his lips coldly. His expression, for a moment, became so frighteningly malicious and predatory that even a demoness like Ling feared him. Seeing the murderous intent reflected clearly in Chung Nam’s eyes, Ling’s heart thundered.

“Wait!” Ling called out desperately as Chung Nam lifted his right palm to deliver the killing blow. “If you kill me, then no one will be around to stop your precious Yan from reuniting with my husband, who happens to be her old lover!”

Her words caused Chung Nam to falter for a split second as he digested this new piece of information. A logical, educated guess formed in his mind as a clear image of the blue-robed man he had encountered just moments ago, the one with Yan’s ankle bracelet hanging from his waist sash, appeared in his mind.

Immediately taking advantage of Chung Nam’s temporary hesitation, Ling hurled a small spherical object at him. The sphere ballooned out into a puff of black smoke. Immediately, Chung Nam backflipped three times to evade the mushroom cloud. When the cloud cleared, Ling had already disappeared.

To his right, he heard a series of light footsteps running across the earth and turned in time to see Yan dashing toward him.

Breathless, Yan blurted out worriedly, “Are you harmed by the poison from my sister’s Blood Shadow Palm?”

“I’m fine.” Chung Nam reassured Yan.

But even after that reassurance, he immediately lowered himself to the ground and assumed a meditation position. With his left index and middle fingers, he tapped an accupressure point near his right wrist, the hand which he had used to receive Poison Snake’s Blood Shadow Palm. An energy wave vibrated near the right wrist’s accupressure point, and within minutes, the energy wave progressed from the right wrist to his fingers. A thin trail of smoke snaked its way from the fingers of his right hand, expelling the poison.

Once all the poison was expunged from his body, Chung Nam finally allowed himself to breath more evenly. He glanced over to his side and found Yan kneeling on the ground beside him, staring at him with concern.

Breaking into a grin, he reached over and ran his fingers through Yan’s silky black hair, playing with her long tresses as he had always done. “Worried about me, sweetheart?”

Smacking his hand aside, Yan leaned back so that Chung Nam could not play with her hair. “No, of course, not!”

Reassured that Chung Nam was fine, Yan leapt to her feet and looped her travel sack across her chest. She threw him a haughty glance before walking off.

Still smiling, Chung Nam chased after her. When he reached her, he threw his arm around her shoulders, pulling her close to his side. Yan pushed him away and scowled at him before storming off. Undeterred, Chung Nam lengthened his stride and reached her side again within seconds. This time, he eyed her small, delicate hand swinging slightly by her hip. Casually, he brushed the back of his hand against the back of Yan’s hand. When she did not whack at his hand, he pulled her hand into his, wrapping his fingers possessively around her hand. He waited for a few seconds, and when she did not object, he gripped her hand even more firmly, his heart ridiculously light and jubilant.

With Chung Nam smiling widely and Yan smiling secretly in her heart, the pair strolled off, hand in hand.

As they passed by a thick grove of trees to their right, Chung Nam paused slightly, his heightened senses noting something within the trees.

Sensing the subtle change in his mood, Yan looked at him, puzzled. “What is it?”

Shaking his head, he replied, “Nothing.”

Chung Nam continued walking, pulling Yan gently along. Yet, as he passed the grove of trees, he cocked his head toward the trees. His lips curved just marginally as his chin lifted subtly in arrogance, and his dark eyes issued a silent challenge to the figure hidden within the confines of the trees.

“Nothing?” Yan eyed Chung Nam suspiciously. “But you’re acting strangely...”

“You’re just too suspicious.” Chung Nam winked at her.

Before Yan could question him further, he leaned down and scooped Yan up into his arms.

“Hey!” Yan protested. “What are you doing?”

“You’re hobbling.” Chung Nam replied simply. When Yan scissored her legs in the air and struggled in his arms, he tightened his grip on her. “Stop wiggling or I’ll accidentally drop you onto the ground.”

Ignoring Chung Nam’s warning, Yan continued to squirm in his arms. “I can walk by myself! Put me down!”

“Stop wiggling. If you fall and faint, you’ll just give me an opportunity to take advantage of you while you’re unconscious.” He threatened her.

Yan, about to scream at him, snapped her mouth close at that threat and glared at him. However, she did stop her struggling and resigned herself to being carried.

Soon, the couple disappeared into the darkness.

Minutes ticked by slowly, yet the figure hidden within the grove of trees remained still as a statue. Finally, after nearly half an hour, the blue-robed man emerged from within the trees. He stared toward the direction in which Yan and Chung Nam had disappeared, his heart breaking. A soft breeze swept by, stirring the ankle bracelet hanging from his waist sash. The gentle tinkling of bells, a melody which used to bring such hope and sweetness to his heart, now only left his heart shattered with thoughts of what could have been...

*squeals*

I love it, I love it, I love it! The constable was awesome, teaching Poison Snake a lesson like that! "Lightening Snaps Imbecile!" Ha! That line just made MJH all the more cooler. What's going on between him and Bak Yeuk Lam? I never thought they would start off already as husband and wife, but at least H.Ge-C.Liu can breathe a sigh of relief now that they aren't siblings. BYL doesn't seem to like her hubby very much though.

SCN and Yan are getting cuter and cuter each time they appear together! That was incredibly romantic when Yan could feel his presence. "Two hearts beating as one." Ah, if only they could live happily ever after, but we all know she's going to die. *cries* I was also so touched when he tried to hold her hand and was so happy when she did not brush him off. I like his manhandling, but the romantic in me just sighs when I read about the gentler side of SCN. Btw, I am still waiting for some hot scenes like you promised us!

I am starting to feel sorry for Kuk Wai, but because SCN is so dreamy right now, I'm all for Yan throwing aside Kuk Wai and falling completely in love with SCN.

I think of all the readers here, tweety is the only one sympathetic toward Kuk Wai. Everyone else is either indifferent or doesn't like him. (I don't think xia0yuer and H.Ge-C.Liu like him.) Poor guy. I'm curious... Tweety, if you were Yan, would you go back to Kuk Wai? We know Kuk Wai's situation was sort of out of his control, but could you really forget what has happened? I have a very long memory and probably can't forget.
    I wavered slightly during the last paragraph of this chapter. Still not sympathetic though.

OMG! BRL and MJH are so SWEET in this chapter! I think I'm currently in fan-girl mode. Them already being a couple completely took me by surprise.
    I couldn't stop a smile from appearing on my face when BRL couldn't act indifferently anymore and rushed over to the injured constable. Hyped for more scenes between them!

As always, SCN is such a cute guy when he's with BR. I'm getting the feeling that their relationship is almost, but not quite 欢喜冤家//quarrelsome lovers type (definitely not quite, since SCN never tried to hide his feelings for Yan). While on the otherhand, MJH and BRL are slightly like 相敬如宾//courteous, indifferent (at least some of the time. I gather that something happened between them earlier on from the sentence 'I know you still care for me, right?').

Nice combination of romantic relationships. Love this chapter!

Oh, and the wuxia that came along in both sections of this chapter made it even better. The names of the stances are very creative too. Almost made me choke with laughter.

Off I go to re read parts of the chapter where there is LinXiong (Bai Ruo Lin/Miao Jing Xiong) interaction.

EDIT: I just realised that Chen Hao (Ah Zi in Demi God Semi Devils 2003) was cast as Poison Snake! I thought she was wonderful in portraying Ah Zi in DGSD. I can't really visualise her as Poison Snake though. Will check out some of her other wuxia characters-see if they give me any prompts.
    Last edited by H.Ge-C.Liu; 06-26-12 at 06:22 AM.

Oh Mel, what a great introduction to the MJH/BYL couple! MJH facing off against Poison Snake is so reminiscent of when SCN came to BR’s rescue. Of course MJH’s personality is polar opposite from SCN, but you managed to make him quite cool !

This chapter has so much going on. There is action, suspense, romance, heartache, and even comedy! I love the scene at the end with the return of our sexy bandit . His arrogance is so very annoying, but like BR, one can be exasperated at his antics, but at the same time drawn to his magnetic appeal. I am a bit peeved that he is gloating in front of poor Kuk Wai .

Yup, seems like I’m KW’s only supporter. I’m not exactly saying I prefer him over SCN, but I sympathize with his plight. In regards to your question (whether I would return to KW after the drugged/raped incident), I believe I will remain with him if I truly loved him. To put it in perspective, had BR been the one drugged and raped, I would like to think that KW and SCN would still love and want to be with her.

I feel that BR’s love for KW is not very strong to begin with and so she is unable to continue their relationship when faced with such a difficult dilemma. Plus, out pops SCN vying for her attention and KW really has no chance. Poor Wallace Huo is casted in such a pitiful role. And I thought he already suffered enough in QSHF

YAY what a lovely long new chapter! I adored the witty names of the constable's stances. Mwahaha, Ling has to wear a veil now. Yan should've totally used her explosive powder before Blue Flag gave up his life. Her reunion with SCN was super cute, especially the little chase that led up to them holding hands.

I loved these two sentences: "His lips curved just marginally as his chin lifted subtly in arrogance, and his dark eyes issued a silent challenge to the figure hidden within the confines of the trees." Ahhhh ahhhh! As a lover of words, I am drooling over the prose!

Finally, I'm a total hypocrite, because I wouldn't accept Kuk Wai if I were Yan, but if I were my own novel's character, I would accept any of the bad guys she crosses paths with, LOL. An author gets too lenient on her own characters, haha.

Talking

Thank you, Black Rose, H.Ge-C.Liu, tweety, and Xaari, for all your lovely comments. And thank you for commenting so quickly after I have posted the chapter. It's so wonderful to know that you have been lurking around looking for an update.

It sounds like the good constable is making a good impression on everyone. I wasn't quite sure what kind of reception he would get. H.Ge-C.Liu is probably going to like him even if he is a dud since she's nuts about HG. But in general, he's not funny, does not ooze sex appeal, nor is he deliciously evil. He's your typical good guy, silent, stoic, very serious. Some readers don't like that kind of character. So far, MJH seems to be doing pretty well, so I'm sighing with relief for the time being. I already told you ladies that you wouldn't be able to guess MJH's relationship with BYL, and I was right.

It took me a while to think up a suitable confrontational scene between MJH and Poison Snake. Then it took me much longer to conjure up the fight sequences which would fit in with the names of the stances. I'm glad you all like the stances and the fight in general.

I think I've said this before, but I never did mean for SCN to be a humorous character. Somehow, his humor just popped up in my writing and I have no clue why. I think subconsciously I want to show that we all wear different masks in different situations and with different people. Nobody is completely good or bad. I think Yan humanizes SCN. With her, he could be the person he might have been if he had grown up in a different environment. I just fear that once he loses her forever, he will revert back to the being just "Sit Chung Nam, the bandit" all the time.

I'm glad most of you mentioned liking the hand-holding between SCN and Yan. I have a soft spot for that scene because it reminds of me of the first date. Plus, it is so innocent and sweet.

SCN was indeed gloating at Kuk Wai. It's interesting seeing tweety and Xaari's totally opposite reactions to that. It probably wasn't very gentlemanly of SCN to gloat, but he never claimed to be a gentleman in the first place. Plus, it was totally something that someone as arrogant as SCN would do. It was like he was flexing his muscles to warn the other male to back off.

Tweety really has a good point when she said that she hoped SCN and Kuk Wai would still want Yan if she were the one drugged and raped. I sure hope so, too! But I think sometimes people have different standards for men and women, even in this day and age. I know it's bad and wrong, but that happens. If Yan were raped, she would be viewed as the helpless victim who needs to be protected from further hurt and heartbreak. But if Kuk Wai were raped, well, he's a guy and he just needs to suck it up. Twisted, ignorant, and unfair? Sure, but there are still people who think that way. Even if we didn't touch on the issue of rape, he still got Ling pregnant. How can any woman forget that? Yan may still love him, but could she live with the knowledge that he had a child with her very own sister? Personally, I think it would be even more difficult for Yan to forget the incident the more she loves Kuk Wai.

Man, H.Ge-C.Liu is a tough audience! Poor Kuk Wai is heartbroken, and H.Ge-C.Liu doesn't even bat an eyelash. I wonder what would happen if I had the good constable accidentally sleep with someone else? Would she want BYL to forgive him?

It sounds like the good constable is making a good impression on everyone. I wasn't quite sure what kind of reception he would get. H.Ge-C.Liu is probably going to like him even if he is a dud since she's nuts about HG. But in general, he's not funny, does not ooze sex appeal, nor is he deliciously evil. He's your typical good guy, silent, stoic, very serious. Some readers don't like that kind of character.
    I love that kind of character! Do I really appear nuts about MJH/HG?

Man, H.Ge-C.Liu is a tough audience! Poor Kuk Wai is heartbroken, and H.Ge-C.Liu doesn't even bat an eyelash. I wonder what would happen if I had the good constable accidentally sleep with someone else? Would she want BYL to forgive him?
    He made an extremely bad impression on me the first time he appeared. I agree with Tweety that BR's love for KW isn't strong enough in the first place-maybe it wasn't 'true love' in the first place-perhaps some sort of dependence on KW?
    Mel! You're purposely putting me in a situation full of barbs! Based on his character/martial arts, he wouldn't in the first place - that I am confident of.
    Plus, you're too nice to make the good constable have a bad romantic history. Although if that scenario did pop up, I believe if MJH explained properly, I'm sure BYL will be calm enough to see the flaws in the situation and eventually forgive him.
    Last edited by H.Ge-C.Liu; 06-27-12 at 03:42 AM.

Tweety really has a good point when she said that she hoped SCN and Kuk Wai would still want Yan if she were the one drugged and raped. I sure hope so, too! But I think sometimes people have different standards for men and women, even in this day and age. I know it's bad and wrong, but that happens. If Yan were raped, she would be viewed as the helpless victim who needs to be protected from further hurt and heartbreak. But if Kuk Wai were raped, well, he's a guy and he just needs to suck it up. Twisted, ignorant, and unfair? Sure, but there are still people who think that way.
    I agree. What you state is the sad reality for so many people. It never fails to anger me when I read/hear of how women in many countries still get punished after being assaulted. This blame the victim mentality is such twisted logic. It’s their fault for being attacked. For being unfaithful to the husbands and dishonoring their family, the women must be fined and jailed for their crimes. But for their attackers, oh well, they are just being men.

Anyway, all my babbling is basically to give some support for KW . Btw, was it a one time incident between KW and Poison Snake? I can defend KW if it was just that 1 time due to being drugged, but if he willingly consummated the marriage with Poison Snake later on (like in the case of TLTSILY), then at KW. I'll shut up and never voice another word to back him again.

I really wished you hadn’t casted Wallace H in the role. Even though the character is fictional, it still hurts me to imagine him in the role. I knew it was a bad idea right from the beginning. Can you switch him to play SCN’s half bro? Heck, even as BYL’s bro is fine with me. It’s very easy to take Wallace H out of the poster and add another dude. And, I can butter you up just as nicely as HGe-CLiu
    Last edited by tweety365; 06-27-12 at 04:55 PM.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by H.Ge-C.Liu View Post
    I love that kind of character! Do I really appear nuts about MJH/HG?
    Yes, you're so nuts over MJH that I think you want to be BYL. You gush over him like how tweety and Black Rose gush over SCN. Or like how Xaari gushes over prose. I still haven't figured out what makes xia0yuer gush...

Some people think quiet, stoic heroes are great guys in real life but boring characters to read about.

He made an extremely bad impression on me the first time he appeared.
    Really? How so?

I agree with Tweety that BR's love for KW isn't strong enough in the first place-maybe it wasn't 'true love' in the first place-perhaps some sort of dependence on KW?
    i think BR's love for KW can really be viewed both ways. On one hand, you and tweety have a point. If BR loved KW enough, she would forgive him for anything. But on the other hand, BR could love him so much that his "infidelity," even if unintentional, could be viewed as the ultimate betrayal. She could rationally tell herself that he did not sleep with Poison Snake of his own free will, but the image of them sleeping together will nonetheless haunt her dreams and every waking moment forever. Rather than live in such a tortuous situation, some women will choose to walk away.

Mel! You're purposely putting me in a situation full of barbs! Based on his character/martial arts, he wouldn't in the first place - that I am confident of. Although if that scenario did pop up, I believe if MJH explained properly, I'm sure BYL will be calm enough to see the flaws in the situation and eventually forgive him.
    There you go, letting MJH get away with murder... How could you deny that you're not nuts about him? Thank goodness BYL has more backbone than you! Tsk, tsk! She will walk away from him, even if she still cares for him.

Plus, you're too nice to make the good constable have a bad romantic history.
    Buttering me up again? I don't butter easily. In fact, ask tweety, and she'll tell you that I like sad endings, the sadder, the better. I also like to tear couples apart. Remember Feng Qiu Huang, the novel that xia0yuer summarized for me? I told her that I would prefer that Rong Zhi die at the end rather than miraculously come back from the dead.

Quote Originally Posted by tweety365 View Post
    I agree. What you state is the sad reality for so many people. It never fails to anger me when I read/hear of how women in many countries still get punished after being assaulted. This blame the victim mentality is such twisted logic. It’s their fault for being attacked. For being unfaithful to the husbands and dishonoring their family, the women must be fined and jailed for their crimes. But for their attackers, oh well, they are just being men.
    The plight of women in such cultures and countries makes me grateful for living in the US, where women, though still having to face some inequalities in the workplace, are relatively respected.

Anyway, all my babbling is basically to give some support for KW. Btw, was it a one time incident between KW and Poison Snake? I can defend KW if it was just that 1 time due to being drugged, but if he willingly consummated the marriage with Poison Snake later on (like in the case of TLTSILY), then at KW.
    I'll have to think about that one. It all depends on how I want to portray KW. If I want him to be a sympathetic character, then it will be just a one time incident. However, if I want him to be a weak individual who claims to love one woman while still unable to control his own desires so that he continues to sleep with another woman, then it'll be multiple incidents. I think ultimately, it boils down to whether I want give SCN some stiff competition, which most likely I will. If KW was drugged and had betrayed Yan only once but remained true to her since, then SCN may have some competition, since it could be likely that Yan may go back to KW, whom she has a longer history with.

I really wished you hadn’t casted Wallace H in the role. Even though the character is fictional, it still hurts me to imagine him in the role. I knew it was a bad idea right from the beginning. Can you switch him to play SCN’s half bro? Heck, even as BYL’s bro is fine with me. It’s very easy to take Wallace H out of the poster and add another dude. And, I can butter you up just as nicely as HGe-CLiu
    Depends on how you're going to butter me up... Tell me what "gifts" you'll give me first. Hehe.

Alas, tweety has no gifts to bribe the awe inspiring, talented, author . But I'm sure you're too sweet and understanding to hold it against this insignificant reader, who only wish to read and enjoy your wonderful stories.

Quote Originally Posted by tweety365 View Post
    Alas, tweety has no gifts to bribe the awe inspiring, talented, author . But I'm sure you're too sweet and understanding to hold it against this insignificant reader, who only wish to read and enjoy your wonderful stories.
    No presents????!!!!! Did you know how much money H.Ge-C.Liu had to pay me under the laptop to get me to put her precious LSS and HG into the story????? And you want a favor for free?????

Ok, at this point, other than having Wallace Chung remain as SCN, I don't really care which actor is cast as which character. IF it truly bothers you that much that Wallace Huo is KW and if nobody else objects (some readers don't like to adjust to a new casting mid-story), then I guess I can find it in my heart to accommodate you. But who can I put in place of Wallace Huo? I need a replacement before I make the change.