Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: Legendary Book of Sun-Moon Swordplay - The Prequel

I've only been gone for a couple of days and there's so many posts to catch up on! Wahhhhhh, can I tell you that I loved that chapter? I already like MJH and BYL as a couple. Them being married already was a surprise, but the way he introduced himself in the fight scene against Poison Snake was pretty awesome. I can already tell that MJH is cold and stoic to everyone else, but with BYL, he's relaxed and may even be a bit playful.

Yay! Our OTP is finally reunited! That scene when Black Rose jumps into SCN's arms and completely forgot about her bag was so sweet. Too bad she has to be thick-skinned and refuse to say that she misses him. I'll be looking forward more cute scenes between our OTP. I'll be happy if that annoying Poison Snake disappears and not hound poor Black Rose any more.

I really want something to happen where KW and Black Rose have to face each other. Maybe KW can save Black Rose when SCN is busy fighting off his enemies? Hehe. Honestly, I don't think Black Rose can completely give her heart to SCN if her issues with KW are unresolved and SCN can't prevent Black Rose from seeing each other ever again. I bet that she'll throw a fit when she realizes that SCN has been purposefully keeping KW at a distance. I'd also like to scene where SCN is jealous of KW over Black Rose's affections.

On the topic of switching out Wallace Huo as Kuk Wai, I think he could play the role very well (I loved his looks of longing in QSHF) but I won't mind if you recast KW with Kevin Cheng. He seems to give off the same aura as 8th Prince in BBJX and Kevin Cheng completely tore my heart to shreds with his simple glances and the feelings in his eyes when he looked at Ruo Xi.

Quote Originally Posted by Melanie View Post
    Yes, you're so nuts over MJH that I think you want to be BYL. You gush over him like how tweety and Black Rose gush over SCN. Or like how Xaari gushes over prose. I still haven't figured out what makes xia0yuer gush...
    Of course you know what makes me gush! Wallace Chung! And hot guys who are completely devoted to the girl they love. I also happen to gush a lot over second male leads, but Rong Zhi and Huo Qu Bing are exceptions. I actually wanted to gush over KW in that last paragraph but the fact that he slept with Poison Snake still makes me angry.

Buttering me up again? I don't butter easily. In fact, ask tweety, and she'll tell you that I like sad endings, the sadder, the better. I also like to tear couples apart. Remember Feng Qiu Huang, the novel that xia0yuer summarized for me? I told her that I would prefer that Rong Zhi die at the end rather than miraculously come back from the dead.
    I think Feng Qiu Huang's ending is just perfect. None of the novels I've read afterwards could compare to the happiness I felt after reading that last chapter. *sigh*
    Currently translating 香蜜沉沉烬如霜 at a very minute pace:
    http://xia0yuer.tumblr.com/

Besides me, nobody cares about Wallace Huo anyway, so I'm very confidant that there will be no objection .

My choice for KW has always been Yan Kuan . He's perfect because in QSHF, his character was drugged/raped just like KW.

Yippee!!!!

I prefer Wallace Huo as KW because he pulls off that angsty, tortured look so well.

Yes, you're so nuts over MJH that I think you want to be BYL. You gush over him like how tweety and Black Rose gush over SCN. Or like how Xaari gushes over prose. I still haven't figured out what makes xia0yuer gush...
    Must do some more meditating then.

Really? How so?
    My mistake. First impression is the wrong phrase-I actually thought KW was quite pitiful when he was being satirised by Ling. It was actually the 'bed scene' (okay, KW had his reasons, but I don't pity him anymore-can't pinpoint the exact reason though. Just this feeling that arises. )

There you go, letting MJH get away with murder... How could you deny that you're not nuts about him? Thank goodness BYL has more backbone than you! Tsk, tsk! She will walk away from him, even if she still cares for him.
    Buttering me up again? I don't butter easily. In fact, ask tweety, and she'll tell you that I like sad endings, the sadder, the better. I also like to tear couples apart. Remember Feng Qiu Huang, the novel that xia0yuer summarized for me? I told her that I would prefer that Rong Zhi die at the end rather than miraculously come back from the dead.
    I have to be truthful though-I like strong forthright female characters, despite what I want BYL to do when she finds out MJH 'cheated' on her.

I'm fine if you decide to kill off MJH at the end (I love books that '虐' [the translation google provides is slightly inaccurate] male leads physically and sometimes emotionally), but please don't tear them apart due to miscommunication, especially if it's because so-and-so cheated on him/her.

No presents????!!!!! Did you know how much money H.Ge-C.Liu had to pay me under the laptop to get me to put her precious LSS and HG into the story????? And you want a favor for free?????
    Last edited by H.Ge-C.Liu; 06-28-12 at 01:13 AM.
    Biases: Hu Ge, Qiao Zhenyu, Liu Shi Shi
    Jiang Hu Fansubs - Recruiting members (especially translators).

Oh no! With xia0yuer and Xaari siding to keep Wallace H as KW, I'm once again outvoted . So nobody likes KW, but my poor Wallace is forced into the role

I can't meditate like HGe-CLiu, no patience for it, so I will go rewatch Strange Hero. Especially the handholding part at the end . That part always cheers me up.

Ok, I simply must laugh at tweety. It just makes me laugh that no one really likes Kuk Wai and yet everyone thinks Wallace Huo would do a fabulous job as that tortured character. Even Xaari, who usually is more interested in the prose and could care less about the actual actors casted in the roles, spoke up. Poor tweety. Tweety, will it make you feel better if I give you a spoiler about Kuk Wai?

Since everyone seems to like Miu Jing Hung and Bak Yeuk Lam so much, I'm almost tempted to give out a spoiler about the couple's ending...but I'm not completely out of my mind yet. So I'll keep my mouth shut. I think, despite H.Ge-C.Liu's penchant for meditation, she's really sweating buckets about her favorite couple. Now that she knows they are a couple, she'll have to worry what my evil mind has in store for them. Somehow, I feel bad for making poor H.Ge-C.Liu suffer, whereas I'm ok with torturing tweety, since tweety has been tortured by my other story for years already, anyway.

Aha! Thanks, xia0yuer, for picking up the tiny detail of Yan abandoning her travel sack for SCN! Yan walks around hugging that sack like it is her life that I thought it would be a nice, discreet way of showing that, unconsciously, she now thinks SCN is more important than her sack.

I'm afraid that "annoying Poison Snake" will be sticking around for a LONG time, into the second generation. But there will be a small section devoted to her later so that I can hopefully humanize her a bit.

You wish to see a jealous SCN? Oh, don't worry.... SCN was already quite jealous of MJH in an earlier chapter, simply because Yan showed some interest and fascination over the constable. What do you think SCN will do when he comes face to face with seeing Yan truly care for another man, one whom she almost married? He'll probably pop a few blood vessels, not his own, but Kuk Wai's.

I agree that Yan will be extremely peeved when she finds out that SCN has been keeping Kuk Wai's presence from her. A true gentleman would tell her about Kuk Wai's presence and let her choose. But I guess all's fair in love and war, but it doesn't mean that Yan will like any underhanded tactics.

Thanks for your input, everyone!

Oh no, I'm not falling for that spoiler trick again. Your spoilers suck. And this is from a decade of experience. What the heck?! You feel bad for HGe-CLiu but not your #1 loyal reader?

So sad, poor Wallace is stuck in a lousy role that nobody likes. Only a tiny yellow bird hopping to his defense .

Btw, how's your cold, Mel? Feeling loads better, I hope . Take care and don't stress out too much over work.

Poor tweety, being tortured by your 'spoilers' for so many years.

Since everyone seems to like Miu Jing Hung and Bak Yeuk Lam so much, I'm almost tempted to give out a spoiler about the couple's ending...but I'm not completely out of my mind yet. So I'll keep my mouth shut. I think, despite H.Ge-C.Liu's penchant for meditation, she's really sweating buckets about her favorite couple. Now that she knows they are a couple, she'll have to worry what my evil mind has in store for them. Somehow, I feel bad for making poor H.Ge-C.Liu suffer, whereas I'm ok with torturing tweety, since tweety has been tortured by my other story for years already, anyway.
    I am definitely curious about their end, but I'm not extremely desperate.
    I'm not worried at all (no buttering up this time, Mel~), because I've learnt to be patient and calm (the hard way) ever since I started shipping them. Death and separation isn't that bad-provided the reasons are...valid.
    Thus there is no suffering in place for me either, so Mel doesn't need to feel bad.

Oh, don't worry.... SCN was already quite jealous of MJH in an earlier chapter, simply because Yan showed some interest and fascination over the constable. What do you think SCN will do when he comes face to face with seeing Yan truly care for another man, one whom she almost married? He'll probably pop a few blood vessels, not his own, but Kuk Wai's.
    Ha! Reading this is extremely funny, but hopefully I'll feel sorry for Kuk Wai (rather than clap at SCN's formidable skills) when the time comes.

------------
    Everyone can just type my name in shorthand (HG-CL). It's quite a hassle to type the full name, what with the full stops and dashes.

What?!!!! Mel assigned a character that no one likes to Wallace Huo?

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://chzgifs.files.wordpress.com/2012/05/funny-gifs-angry-sheep-rams-into-unsuspecting-fisherman.gif')
    "Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self."
    Cyril Connolly

Charby, you can be so funny when you want to and not spam us with fugly pics.

Well, I like SCN more than KW, but I like Wallace Huo more than Wallace Chung, so that puts me in quite a dilemma, doesn't it?

The fluffy sheep is so cute!

Quote Originally Posted by Xaari View Post
    Well, I like SCN more than KW ...
    WHAT?!?!?!

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://static.fjcdn.com/gifs/sheep+attack.+fus+ro+dah_3d5945_3238722.gif')
    Last edited by charbydis; 07-09-12 at 10:40 AM.
    "Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self."
    Cyril Connolly

Oh, how cruel of you, Charby! I was just at the zoo today and pet a nice gentle sheep.

Quote Originally Posted by charbydis View Post
    What?!!!! Mel assigned a character that no one likes to Wallace Huo?

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://chzgifs.files.wordpress.com/2012/05/funny-gifs-angry-sheep-rams-into-unsuspecting-fisherman.gif')

Looks like charby is feeling better since she's meandering about and causing a ruckus in my thread. (Charby, I saw your message belatedly that you had sprained your ankle. Hope you've recovered already.)

When I casted poor Wallace Huo in KW's role, I didn't expect him (KW) to be so unpopular with the readers. Hey, it's not my fault that the ladies here are such a tough audience. I am partially to blame, since I haven't had a chance to develop KW's character some more yet, but the majority of the gals here want a faithful, one-woman kind of guy. Even though KW's cheating is not completely his fault, the readers still don't like him, since there's another non-cheating character (SCN) to pick from. I do think Wallace Huo wears the wounded, long-suffering look well.

By the way, everyone, H.Ge-C.Liu has kindly spent some time to create another poster for this story. Thanks, H.Ge-C.Liu! I've added her poster to my collection of posters on the first post of this thread, along with tweety's two posters. Check it out:

Legendary Book Prequel posters

HG-CL, great job!

Mel, your collection of posters is definitely growing. So, when can we expect the next chapter?

Quote Originally Posted by tweety365 View Post
    HG-CL, great job!

Mel, your collection of posters is definitely growing. So, when can we expect the next chapter?
    Working on the next chapter. Xia0yuer is requesting for a mad, all-out jealous fight between SCN and KW.

I'll be rooting for SCN if they do start fighting.

Quote Originally Posted by tweety365 View Post
    HG-CL, great job!

Not so good first attempt! Thanks anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by H.Ge-C.Liu View Post
    You are too modest. You should have seen my first attempt at photoshop. It was so

Why must SCN and KW fight? Can't they just respectfully glare at each other?

Working on the next chapter. Xia0yuer is requesting for a mad, all-out jealous fight between SCN and KW.
    Yes please! You know you want one too, hehe.

Quote Originally Posted by H.Ge-C.Liu View Post
    I think the poster looks great! Only thing is that I don't like that picture of Wallace Huo because his eyes look like dead fish eyes.
    Currently translating 香蜜沉沉烬如霜 at a very minute pace:
    http://xia0yuer.tumblr.com/