Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Legendary Book of Sun-Moon Swordplay - The Prequel

Quote Originally Posted by tweety365 View Post
    Make that 2 wandering eyes. Hey, I don't discriminate against anything beautiful. I love gawking at beautiful women too .
    Tweety, you should watch 一触即发 Imminent Crisis. Wallace plays identical twins in the drama. It's such eye candy to see him in practically every scene. Plus, he's always dressed in military uniform or a three-piece suit! Ah, he's so handsome in both types of outfits! Other than the fact that Wallace is in almost every scene, this series is really exciting with not even one dull moment! I highly recommend it if you're looking for male eye candy.

Anyway, seeing how it will take you 4 YEARS to finish Legendary Book, may I PLEASE get spoilers? For God's sake, I've been a loyal reader for over a decade (dang I feel so old )
    I already told you people will die. What other spoiler do you want?

I've seen you spamming in the Wallace thread about Imminent Crisis. Not sure if the team over at Viki is subbing this series. If there are English subs, I will definitely check it out. But I will wait until it is complete before watching. I hate cliff hangers.

Your "spoilers" suck

Wow, I feel like I've missed out on a lot! The friendly bickering between Tweety and Mel is really funny to read.

Looking forward to new updates!
    Last edited by H.Ge-C.Liu; 03-02-12 at 03:18 AM.
    Biases: Hu Ge, Qiao Zhenyu, Liu Shi Shi
    Jiang Hu Fansubs - Recruiting members (especially translators).

Your "spoilers" suck
    Why are you so whiny? My spoilers always "suck," according to you. And sticking your tongue out at me isn't going to make me want to give you real spoilers. What? You want a detailed list of who's going to die and who's going to end up with whom? If yes, maybe you can give me a long comment on the latest chapter like H.Ge-C.Liu and Xaari have done. Maybe that'll put me in the mood to give you a real spoiler.

Quote Originally Posted by H.Ge-C.Liu View Post
    Wow, I feel like I've missed out on a lot! The friendly bickering between Tweety and Mel is really funny to read.
    Do we remind you of Wallace Chung and Hu Ge at the award shows?

Quote Originally Posted by Melanie View Post
    Do we remind you of Wallace Chung and Hu Ge at the award shows?
    Definitely! Although you can tell their backstage boyishness is impromptu, or happens rarely (well, that's true, since they're not really in the same circle). Just by looking at both of your comments makes any reader think you guys have known each other for years, and that this is really common (that is true, of course).

Goodness, Tweety! Pot calling the kettle black! Now who's kicking up a storm?

It's interesting that in almost every drama, a Qing emperor falls madly in love with a Han maiden. Yet, he can't make her empress (even though he wants to) because she is Han. I think such a scenario is so popular because it makes a good romantic plot line - powerful Qing emperor falls madly and helplessly in love with beautiful maiden of the conquered people.
    Really? I've never watched a drama with that storyline before! Most of the Qing Dynasty dramas I've watched don't even mention ethnicity. It's usually a difference in social status that elicits opposition to an elevation in rank.

Maybe co-writing would a good solution? You can provide the ideas and your partner can do the bulk of the writing, with you contributing to the writing every so often when you feel the urge to write.
    Haha, I'm a do-it-myself person, although I think it would be cool to co-write something that's also co-planned.

You're cute. You have not even started reading the main story and yet you're excited about the ending. It still has at least 10 chapters before ending, since I have so many characters in that story that I need to either kill or give them a proper send-off.
    Of course I'm excited. Once I get addicted, there's no stopping me. Likewise, it's always a pain to watch ongoing dramas, so I often just wait until it all comes out so that the suspense factor goes poof.

Why are you so whiny? My spoilers always "suck," according to you. And sticking your tongue out at me isn't going to make me want to give you real spoilers. What? You want a detailed list of who's going to die and who's going to end up with whom? If yes, maybe you can give me a long comment on the latest chapter like H.Ge-C.Liu and Xaari have done. Maybe that'll put me in the mood to give you a real spoiler.
    Ha! You can't fool me. I know your tricks. You always lure readers to post long comments for you. I've given you tons of long comments, but your spoilers still suck . Then you resort to blackmail the readers to comment.

Definitely! Although you can tell their backstage boyishness is impromptu, or happens rarely (well, that's true, since they're not really in the same circle). Just by looking at both of your comments makes any reader think you guys have known each other for years, and that this is really common (that is true, of course).
    If we are like Wallace and Hu Ge, I wanna be Wallace. Mel can be Hu Ge

Quote Originally Posted by Xaari View Post
    Goodness, Tweety! Pot calling the kettle black! Now who's kicking up a storm?
    But Xaari, my conversation with Mel is just plain ole spamming. No constructive comments pertaining to the story or other literary works. I only drop by to bug Mel . I'm often a silent lurker, hehe

I'll post my reply to Mel's condolences here, since my post has already drowned in the fast moving DMY thread. Actually, the most important part is the last bit. Of course, I'm not trying to force anything on you.

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i1215.photobucket.com/albums/cc502/HGe_CLiu/Capture-11.jpg')

There's been a lot of hype with DMY and the cast. I got lost trying to follow all the news. Last I heard was fans being upset about HG's role. I'm not familiar with the novel, so I can't vomit blood like fans are doing now. But yeah, condolences, H.Ge-C.Liu

If Mel does grant your wish and pair LSS with HG's character, then you are in much better position than I was because I had to bribe her with posters to get SFF in the role of BR .
    Last edited by tweety365; 03-03-12 at 02:50 AM.

There's been a lot of hype with DMY and the cast. I got lost trying to follow all the news. Last I heard was fans being upset about HG's role. I'm not familiar with the novel, so I can't vomit blood like fans are doing now. But yeah, condolences, H.Ge-C.Liu
    Thanks to you too, Tweety.
    Ssshhh...I'm actually trying to lobby Mel for her to give Constable Miu a love interest (i.e. Liu Shi Shi). Of course, this is the last time I'll be mentioning about giving Constable Miu a love interest.

Thanks to you too, Tweety.
    Ssshhh...I'm actually trying to lobby Mel for her to give Constable Miu a love interest (i.e. Liu Shi Shi). Of course, this is the last time I'll be mentioning about giving Constable Miu a love interest.
    Perhaps there can be a spin off of the Constable Miu story. He can have his own little story. I'm liking the sound of that . That is if Mel doesn't whack the guy off. Kinda hard to have a spin off when he's dead...

Perhaps there can be a spin off of the Constable Miu story. He can have his own little story. I'm liking the sound of that . That is if Mel doesn't whack the guy off. Kinda hard to have a spin off when he's dead...

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Xaari View Post
    Really? I've never watched a drama with that storyline before! Most of the Qing Dynasty dramas I've watched don't even mention ethnicity. It's usually a difference in social status that elicits opposition to an elevation in rank.
    Maybe I've seen too many of those Hong Kong TVB dramas where the Qing emperor always falls for the Han maiden.

Haha, I'm a do-it-myself person, although I think it would be cool to co-write something that's also co-planned.
    I agree that co-writing a story is never easy. On one hand, two minds spinning tales are better than one, but clashes of opinion could also occur. Plus, it's too hard to coordinate a time to discuss the plot and the direction of the story.

Of course I'm excited. Once I get addicted, there's no stopping me. Likewise, it's always a pain to watch ongoing dramas, so I often just wait until it all comes out so that the suspense factor goes poof.
    I have this very bad habit of reading the last chapter of a novel first and then going back and reading the rest of the story. I try to stop myself from doing this with mystery novels but sometimes I cannot control my urges. Ha.

I'll post my reply to Mel's condolences here, since my post has already drowned in the fast moving DMY thread. Actually, the most important part is the last bit. Of course, I'm not trying to force anything on you.

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i1215.photobucket.com/albums/cc502/HGe_CLiu/Capture-11.jpg')
    Whew! Yes, thanks for reposting your answer to my comment here. I went back to the DMY thread today (after a few days' absence) and was just so overwhelmed! This DMY drama better be good or there will be a lot of disgruntled fans. Btw, have you seen Xue Hua Nu Shen Long, in which Qiao Zhen Yu played an extremely cool, semi-villainous paraplegic physician? He was not the male lead and his character was not able to win the love of the leading female character, but he was the more favored character by the female fans. Maybe Hu Ge will get more love in DMY, like Qiao Zhen Yu did in Xue Hua, despite not being the male lead.

Anyway, in response to your answer above... Miu Jing Hung's love interest already made an appearance somewhere in the chapters. You just haven't noticed...

If Mel does grant your wish and pair LSS with HG's character, then you are in much better position than I was because I had to bribe her with posters to get SFF in the role of BR.
    The decision to cast SFF as BR was a difficult decision since I didn't even really know who SFF was when you first asked me to cast her as BR. Plus, I had imagined Song Jia as BR for so long after watching Ni Shui Han that it was hard to switch gears suddenly. After you mentioned SFF, I went and saw Rose Martial World. The storyline didn't impress me at all, but I did think that SFF was very pretty in there, even with the bad hair, makeup, and costumes. Plus, I found her incredibly personable and sweet during interviews that I thought, "What the heck? I'll cast her as BR and make tweety happy." I would have casted her as BR whether or not you made me the posters. The posters were just lovely bonuses. Plus, they helped readers who were not too familiar with SFF or Wallace Chung visualize them.

I planned all along to give Miu Jing Hung a love interest, as he will have a decent amount of "story time,", but I just haven't decided whom to cast as his love interest. We'll see.... I don't have a particular preference right now, so I'll cast whichever person the most vocal reader asks for.

Melanie! I only have time to read the prologue, but I promise to come back to read more after my mid-terms ^^ I already like it so far, btw! The journal entry at the end was really bittersweet. I can't wait to read the rest!

Whew! Yes, thanks for reposting your answer to my comment here. I went back to the DMY thread today (after a few days' absence) and was just so overwhelmed! This DMY drama better be good or there will be a lot of disgruntled fans.

Maybe Hu Ge will get more love in DMY, like Qiao Zhen Yu did in Xue Hua, despite not being the male lead.
    Definitely. The book fans won't be the only disgruntled ones. BUT I have faith in the drama adaption of DMY, because the scriptwriter is Lin Yu Fen, who wrote the script for Young Warriors of the Yang Clan starring Peter Ho, Hu Ge, Eddie Peng, Chen Long etc. (best male cast EVER) and Bu Bu Jing Xin (none of the important parts were missed out, and the drama adaption was really successful).

I think I'm definitely going to fall for Meng Jiu/HG rather than Huo Qu Bing/Eddie Peng in the drama. Hu Ge said himself that he knows HQB is more popular with the audience, but he wants to make his onscreen version of Meng Jiu so heart-wrenching that the audience will cry for him. In response to his comment, Tong Hua (original author) said, "I don't know how many tears he'll earn from the audience."

Oh, and I haven't seen Xue Hua Nu Shen Long yet.

I planned all along to give Miu Jing Hung a love interest, as he will have a decent amount of "story time,", but I just haven't decided whom to cast as his love interest. We'll see.... I don't have a particular preference right now, so I'll cast whichever person the most vocal reader asks for.
    Anyway, in response to your answer above... Miu Jing Hung's love interest already made an appearance somewhere in the chapters. You just haven't noticed...
    Liu Shi Shi! Liu Shi Shi! Her acting in the early years weren't that good at all, but her acting skills in the later dramas were really good. For this type of story, I think her Yan Sanniang character in Strange Hero Yi Zhi Mei/怪侠一枝梅 (co starring Wallace Huo) fits the best (her wuxia in there was also really good).

The first person that comes to mind is that young man who was just sitting there (while SCN and MJH were fighting!) Is 'he' a girl in disguise?!!
    Last edited by H.Ge-C.Liu; 03-09-12 at 01:55 AM.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by genna View Post
    Melanie! I only have time to read the prologue, but I promise to come back to read more after my mid-terms.
    Thanks for dropping by, genna. I really appreciate it. Please let me know your thoughts once you get a chance to read after your exams. I'm fairly thick-skinned, so don't worry about offending me with honest constructive criticism.

The journal entry at the end was really bittersweet.
    I tend to like bittersweet endings. I think they leave a deeper impression in the reader's mind, if done appropriately.

I think I'm definitely going to fall for Meng Jiu/HG rather than Huo Qu Bing/Eddie Peng in the drama. Hu Ge said himself that he knows HQB is more popular with the audience, but he wants to make his onscreen version of Meng Jiu so heart-wrenching that the audience will cry for him. In response to his comment, Tong Hua (original author) said, "I don't know how many tears he'll earn from the audience."
    What's Meng Jiu like in the novel? It sounds like he might be the underdog in the drama with so many HG fans rallying around him.

Oh, and I haven't seen Xue Hua Nu Shen Long yet.
    This was the series that made me fall in love with Qiao Zhen Yu. Even though his character wasn't the male lead, he was so much more suave than the leading character. If you haven't noticed yet through my story, I tend to like "gray" characters who are considered evil and unscrupulous but have some redeeming characteristics.

Liu Shi Shi! Liu Shi Shi! Her acting in the early years weren't that good at all, but her acting skills in the later dramas were really good. For this type of story, I think her Yan Sanniang character in Strange Hero Yi Zhi Mei/怪侠一枝梅 (co starring Wallace Huo) fits the best (her wuxia in there was also really good).
    I haven't seen that series yet, mainly because Wallace Huo's hairstyle turns me off in that series.

The first person that comes to mind is that young man who was just sitting there (while SCN and MJH were fighting!) Is 'he' a girl in disguise?!!
    No comment.

I haven't seen that series yet, mainly because Wallace Huo's hairstyle turns me off in that series.
    Compare to Wallace Chung's many awful wigs and mohawk inspired do in real life, Huo's hair in Strange Hero is definitely a step up, IMO. I actually quite like his costumes and hair in the series since they totally match his character.

Compare to Wallace Chung's many awful wigs and mohawk inspired do in real life, Huo's hair in Strange Hero is definitely a step up, IMO. I actually quite like his costumes and hair in the series since they totally match his character.
    Wallace Chung can do no wrong in my eyes.

Wallace Huo's hair in Strange Hero makes him appear filthy and grubby. I'm not saying the actor (Wallace Huo) is unclean but that his character's hairstyle gives me that impression. I know Wallace Huo is suppose to be some drunken beggar in the series and the hairstyle fits his character, but I still don't like it. Wallace Huo is so handsome that it is a shame he had to sport that wig in the series.

So we are having double standards now, huh?

Huo's character is actually a drunken bandit, and a very hot and sexy one at that . He and the rest of the cast were brilliant in their roles.

So we are having double standards now, huh?
    I am proud of having and practicing double standards.

Huo's character is actually a drunken bandit, and a very hot and sexy one at that . He and the rest of the cast were brilliant in their roles.
    I don't know why, but I don't like drunken characters, especially alcoholic characters. I find them disorderly and stinky. Notice that even though SCN is a bandit, he has impeccable hygiene and doesn't drink alcohol. When he was fighting with Miu Jing Hung in the latest chapter, he offered the constable tea, not wine.