Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: Legendary Book of Sun-Moon Swordplay - The Prequel

Quote Originally Posted by H.Ge-C.Liu View Post
    Oh, how you 'torture' Tweety!
    Torturing tweety is like my hobby. It gives me inspiration to write.

I've learnt not to have high expectations for ShiGe after the Da Mo Yao fiasco. I'll be happy if they "remain together" at the end of the novel (doesn't matter if one of them has to die in the end. I just don't want a romance in which one of them leaves him/her for someone else, like what LSS' character will do in Da Mo Yao.
    Poor H.Ge-C.Liu. How in the world did your expectations get that high with DMY? Was there fake information released on the casting and romantic pairings?

Be warned that I like to write sad endings. But if I like a character enough, at least I won't make him a jerk who abandons his love for another woman. However, it's ok if a woman abandons her man; that doesn't make her a jerk.

Mel's telling tales again... That was not my original post.
    I never tell tales! I am 100% honest. You said you can sit back and wait indefinitely for the next update.

Quote Originally Posted by tweety365 View Post
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img594.imageshack.us/img594/2923/canary.jpg')
    Tweety, you look a bit depressed. Want more fake spoilers?

Quote Originally Posted by Melanie View Post
    Poor H.Ge-C.Liu. How in the world did your expectations get that high with DMY? Was there fake information released on the casting and romantic pairings?
    Actually, the information was true (in the end), but the company didn't give a direct answer at the time of release (maybe because they were ditched many times by the leads at the very last minute). After the Eddie-LSS-HG thing was announced in early March, the company producing DMY(TangRen) said that Wallace Huo was meant to be in DMY 9 (as second lead, which meant HG would've been 1st male lead and LSS 1st female lead).
    Pictures released by other official sources also confirmed the fact. As for Wallace Huo, he'll now be playing Ling Hu Chong in Yu Zheng's (rival of TangRen) version of Smiling Proud Wanderer.

Be warned that I like to write sad endings. But if I like a character enough, at least I won't make him a jerk who abandons his love for another woman. However, it's ok if a woman abandons her man; that doesn't make her a jerk.
    With that grin at the end, it feels like you're throwing my words right back at me...GeShi=exception? You know I'm shallow...
    Biases: Hu Ge, Qiao Zhenyu, Liu Shi Shi
    Jiang Hu Fansubs - Recruiting members (especially translators).

Talking

Actually, the information was true (in the end), but the company didn't give a direct answer at the time of release (maybe because they were ditched many times by the leads at the very last minute). After the Eddie-LSS-HG thing was announced in early March, the company producing DMY(TangRen) said that Wallace Huo was meant to be in DMY 9 (as second lead, which meant HG would've been 1st male lead and LSS 1st female lead).
    You lost me there.... Just because Wallace Huo did not accept the role of 2nd male lead, why did HG's role get changed from 1st male lead to 2nd lead? By the way, why didn't Wallace Huo accept the role?

As for Wallace Huo, he'll now be playing Ling Hu Chong in Yu Zheng's (rival of TangRen) version of Smiling Proud Wanderer.
    Yu Zheng? Is that the same guy who directed Mei Gui Jiang Wu? That was an awful production! There was so much hype about it and then when it got released, it was so boring! I only skipped around and watched the Wallace Chung parts.

I hope Wallace Huo's decision is a good one...especially with this Yu Zheng guy directing Smiling Proud Wanderer...

GeShi=exception?
    Exception as in you want a happy ending for them in my story? Aha! Now that I know your weak spot, I'm going to torture you like I torture tweety! No long comments = no happy ending for GeShi!

My goal is to fill your head with naughty thoughts of Wallace so that you'll be so enamored of him that you'll continue reading my story.

How are your first few days of bumming around? And where's home for you, if you don't mind my asking?
    Hehehe, don't worry, you've already made a loyal reader out of me.

I grew in Texas, so that's what I mean by 'home' though 9/10ths of the year I'm on the East Coast, where I go to school. And bumming around is so relaxing. I've just been spending my days jogging with my dog, playing with my cat and of course, shopping. That's why I haven't been updating my translations as much. I'm also rewatching TLTSILY with my mom, though she's not that into Wallace (she says she's too old to fangirl anymore). I don't think I'll ever get tired of fangirling Wallace.

Kuk Wai will probably never be able to redeem himself in your eyes. He already made one huge mistake by betraying Yan with her sister, Ling. How can any woman forgive that? And even if Yan forgives him, I doubt she will ever be able to erase the image of Kuk Wai and Ling in bed.
    I think I'll be able to forgive him if he sacrifices enough for her like Jiu Ye did for Yu Er in DMY. Everything he does for her just tears at my heart.

And about the DMY casting, what really annoyed me is that there were so many rumors flying about, especially since the fake cast listing that Xiang Shan released just one day before the conference. Also, I could not imagine EP as HQB for the life of me, but now I'm getting more used to the thought. Good thing I'm not a ShiGe shipper.
    Currently translating 香蜜沉沉烬如霜 at a very minute pace:
    http://xia0yuer.tumblr.com/

Tweety, you look a bit depressed. Want more fake spoilers?
    Nope, got no more feathers to pluck. Gonna hibernate for awhile and brace myself for a LONG and bumpy journey ahead...

You lost me there.... Just because Wallace Huo did not accept the role of 2nd male lead, why did HG's role get changed from 1st male lead to 2nd lead? By the way, why didn't Wallace Huo accept the role?
    Sorry! I was in a bit of a rush, so things just poured out in a jumbled manner. Apparently, Hu Ge himself wanted to be 2nd male lead, because it poses more of a challenge (well, that's what he says in all his interviews). According to interviews, Hu Ge had to be 1st male lead because when TangRen asks other stars to come and lead their productions, they usually get the first pick of characters. So in Wallace's case, he chose Meng Jiu (2nd male lead), so Hu Ge had to be Huo Qu Bing(1st male lead).

This was all set, TangRen was happy, fans were happy, until Yu Zheng came along and gave Wallace Huo the Smiling Proud Wanderer contract. Ling Hu Chong (lead in SPW) is in fact a more interesting/challenging character than Meng Jiu for Wallace H, so it is natural that he chose LHC over Meng Jiu, and he still has a good relationship with TR despite ditching DMY for SPW.

Yu Zheng? Is that the same guy who directed Mei Gui Jiang Wu? That was an awful production! There was so much hype about it and then when it got released, it was so boring! I only skipped around and watched the Wallace Chung parts.

I hope Wallace Huo's decision is a good one...especially with this Yu Zheng guy directing Smiling Proud Wanderer...
    Not the director, but the script writer and producer (the quality of the script either makes a drama boring or interesting, so Yu Zheng is the culprit here. ).

Hopefully. Ling Hu Chong is an interesting character-I just hope Yu Zheng doesn't ruin it, since he's writing the script for SPW.

Exception as in you want a happy ending for them in my story? Aha! Now that I know your weak spot, I'm going to torture you like I torture tweety! No long comments = no happy ending for GeShi!
    Hmm. It depends on what you call happy. If it's in terms of life and death, I'm fine if one of LSS or HG (or both) dies in the prequel. I just don't want one of the characters to love the other (but the other doesn't reciprocate his/her feelings), which causes the heartbroken original character to switch to another random guy/girl and then slowly falls in love with that guy/girl, which means that they won't end up as the OTP (one true pair) for their section of the story. (Mel, I hope I'm not confusing you!)

E.g. 1 "Liu Shi Shi + Hu Ge = Liu Shi Shi confesses, Hu Ge rejects for some reason. ---> Liu Shi Shi heartbroken, along comes another guy to heal her heart. Liu Shi Shi + random guy = falls in love with each other. Hu Ge realises he still loves Liu Shi Shi, tries to chase her back, but now she rejects him. ---> HG left all alone, while LSS and random guy are happy forever."

^^The above example (taken from Da Mo Yao) is a definite no no! Must not happen in this prequel between Miu Jing Hung and LSS.

This is quite a long post, isn't it?
    Last edited by H.Ge-C.Liu; 03-20-12 at 03:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by xia0yuer View Post
    Hehehe, don't worry, you've already made a loyal reader out of me.
    You're still a loyal reader, even though you don't quite like SCN? Thanks!

I grew in Texas, so that's what I mean by 'home' though 9/10ths of the year I'm on the East Coast, where I go to school. And bumming around is so relaxing. I've just been spending my days jogging with my dog, playing with my cat and of course, shopping. That's why I haven't been updating my translations as much. I'm also rewatching TLTSILY with my mom, though she's not that into Wallace (she says she's too old to fangirl anymore). I don't think I'll ever get tired of fangirling Wallace.
    Oh, Texas! Is it fun to visit? Any particular spot in Texas you recommend visiting for a tourist?

What kind of dog and cat do you have? Can you send me pictures of your pets? I want to get a doggie, but I don't think I will be competent enough to take care of one. Hence, I'm settling for my stuffed bears and doggies.

My mom loves Wallace Chung! Hahaha! My dad is a bit disgruntled about that and sulks in the corner during mealtimes when my mom and I drool over Wallace in his dramas.

I think I'll be able to forgive him if he sacrifices enough for her like Jiu Ye did for Yu Er in DMY. Everything he does for her just tears at my heart.
    I'm almost afraid to ask what Jiu Ye did for Yu Er that is so heart-wrenching but I think I'll ask anyway... What did he do? Is this the wheelchair-bound guy? The guy who will later adopt the guy in the sequel that you think Wallace is perfect for?

And about the DMY casting, what really annoyed me is that there were so many rumors flying about, especially since the fake cast listing that Xiang Shan released just one day before the conference. Also, I could not imagine EP as HQB for the life of me, but now I'm getting more used to the thought. Good thing I'm not a ShiGe shipper.
    I wish production companies will just keep quiet about casting decisions until everything is set in stone. No sense to getting the fans' hopes up unnecessarily. I sometimes go to the DMY thread and everyone is just so sad and disappointed there. Poor Hu Ge-Shi Shi fans.

Nope, got no more feathers to pluck. Gonna hibernate for awhile and brace myself for a LONG and bumpy journey ahead...
    Thanks for being such a good sport, tweety! And your spoiler is real.

Apparently, Hu Ge himself wanted to be 2nd male lead, because it poses more of a challenge (well, that's what he says in all his interviews).
    If HG AND Wallace Huo both chose the 2nd male lead role, then this role must be the more interesting one in the script, regardless of what was in the novel. Something tells me that HG's 2nd male lead role will be the more memorable one... Sometimes the 2nd leading man outshines the more boring and predictable leading man.

Hmm. It depends on what you call happy. If it's in terms of life and death, I'm fine if one of LSS or HG (or both) dies in the prequel. I just don't want one of the characters to love the other (but the other doesn't reciprocate his/her feelings), which causes the heartbroken original character to switch to another random guy/girl and then slowly falls in love with that guy/girl, which means that they won't end up as the OTP (one true pair) for their section of the story. (Mel, I hope I'm not confusing you!)

E.g. 1 "Liu Shi Shi + Hu Ge = Liu Shi Shi confesses, Hu Ge rejects for some reason. ---> Liu Shi Shi heartbroken, along comes another guy to heal her heart. Liu Shi Shi + random guy = falls in love with each other. Hu Ge realises he still loves Liu Shi Shi, tries to chase her back, but now she rejects him. ---> HG left all alone, while LSS and random guy are happy forever."

^^The above example (taken from Da Mo Yao) is a definite no no! Must not happen in this prequel between Miu Jing Hung and LSS.

This is quite a long post, isn't it?
    Wow, that was a complicated but somewhat cliched hypothetical love plot. I don't think that will happen in my story. I'm going to keep the love polygons to a minimum in the prequel.

Anyway... Everyone, I'm working on the next chapter! I'm so proud of myself for not taking one year to get the next chapter going. In the meantime, I am going to post another excerpt from the main story that is somewhat relevant to this prequel for those readers who have not read the main story or do not plan to read the main story. It's an excerpt about SCN and Black Rose's elder son, Sit Tin Pang (the little boy who appeared briefly in the Prologue). The second half of this prequel will focus on Sit Tin Pang. Again, this is just an excerpt taken from Chapter 51 of the main story. If you end up reading the main story, please read Chapter 51 in its entirety or you will be confused!

EXCERPT FROM LEGENDARY BOOK OF SUN-MOON SWORDPLAY

CHAPTER 51 - ROMANCE OF THE SEER AND GUARDIAN

The weak light of dawn peaked through the thin wisps of clouds, coloring the sky with multihued streaks of gold, pink, and orange. Tiny dust motes danced merrily in the pale sunlight as hummingbirds flittered from blossom to blossom, their wings beating rapidly. As the forest came to life, tiny animals emerged, filling the woodland with the sounds of nature.

At the far corner of the forest, two chipmunks chattered noisily, grabbing acorns scattered about the ground. A gust of wind swept by, rustling the leaves and sending a few more acorns crashing to the ground. One acorn hit one of the chipmunks on the head before bouncing to the ground, thus causing the disgruntled animal to squeal angrily before scurrying away. Rushing after its mate, the other chipmunk followed, carrying a small acorn between its furry paws.

A simple straw hut stood under the shade of maple trees. A young woman, robed in a long pale pink gown with frosted lace, stood near the partially opened window, peering wondrously out at nature's beauty. The soft morning light gave her complexion a radiant glow, accentuating her youth and delicate beauty. A gentle breeze drifted through the window, ruffling her long black tresses.

Reaching out the window, she attempted to touch the delicate wings of a butterfly. As the creature fluttered away, the young woman laughed softly, her eyes twinkling with happiness. Turning away from the window, her eyes settled curiously on the two swords lying side by side on a nearby table. The Sword of Sun glowed a fiery red in the light of dawn, a halo of energy surrounding its steel blade, the rubies shimmering brightly at the sword hilt. Beside it, the Sword of Moon gleamed, the cool sapphires sparkling at the hilt, its silvery blue glow complementing the fiery heat of the Sword of Sun.

Pursing her lips, the young woman reached out and poked a finger at the Sword of Moon. Her fingers tingled from contact with the cool blade, her eyes widening in wonder at the steely blue glow.

A tall young man, robed completely in white, his handsome features arranged into a smile, silently approached the young woman from behind, wrapping his arms loosely around her slim waist. Bending down slightly, he rested his chin on her shoulder, turning his face toward the curve of her neck.

Mumbling into her neck, he smiled contentedly. "Good morning, Ching Ching."

Abandoning her exploration of the Sword of Moon, Ching Ching turned into his arms, snuggling against his chest. "Big Brother! Why are you awake so early?" She asked innocently, her large eyes staring up at him questioningly.

Tightening his arms around her, the young man laughed. "I am awake because I couldn't find you beside me." Leaning down, he bumped his forehead gently against hers. "Why do you always wake up so early each morning, Ching Ching? It's barely dawn."

Breaking away from him, she wandered over to the window and pushed the shutters completely open. She gestured excitedly at the two butterflies hovering outside the hut, their multihued wings fluttering gracefully against the forest's backdrop of deep green. "Look, Big Brother! Aren't they beautiful?"

"Yes, they are very beautiful." Sit Tin Pang smiled indulgently at her, his eyes on her rather than on the pair of butterflies.

Incredibly happy, Ching Ching flung open the hinged door of the simple shack and dashed out barefooted. Joyously, she chased after the butterflies, her hands reaching up toward the sky, as she spun and laughed merrily. The silver laced hem of her gown fluttered gently in the soft breeze, swirling around her slender ankles.

"Big Brother!" She gasped breathlessly, glancing playfully in his direction as he leaned casually against the entrance of the hut with his arms crossed over his chest. "I wish I were a butterfly!"

"And why is that?" He chuckled at her gleeful expression.

"Because I want to fly free like them! I want to glide across the heavens, dance among the fluffy clouds, and be the first to bask in the golden rays of dawn!" She replied simply.

Pausing, she observed the pair of butterflies, one with wings of delicate pink, the other with spots of deep gold speckled against a dark background. The two creatures hovered over a single red rose for one brief second, dipping up and down midair, engaged in their own private dance. Then, in the next second, the gold speckled butterfly fluttered away, leaving behind the one with the softer pink wings.

Suddenly sad, Ching Ching stopped twirling, her shoulders drooping. She frowned slightly as she stared intently at the lone butterfly left behind.

Sensing a change in her mood, Tin Pang walked over to her, placing his hands on her shoulders. Turning her toward him, he asked with concern, "What's wrong, Ching Ching? Did you hurt yourself?" Lifting her chin gently with his finger, he stared into her eyes, trying to find the source of her unhappiness.

She raised her eyes to him, her expression forlorn. Pointing with childlike innocence toward the lone butterfly still hovering over the ruby red petals of the rose, she whispered sadly. "The other butterfly flew off and left the pink one all alone. They were once a pair, but now only one remains." A single teardrop trickled down her cheek.

"Silly girl," Tin Pang gently chided her. Using the pads of his thumbs to rub away her tears, he leaned forward and kissed her forehead. "They are just insects and do not have any emotions. They come and go as they please."

Shaking her head swiftly from side to side, Ching Ching objected adamantly. "No! They are a pair! I know it! I see them fluttering together every morning! But now they have separated…" She finished with a sob.

Sighing, the young man shifted her closer toward him and enveloped her in his warm embrace. Stroking his hands up and down her back soothingly, he tried to calm her. "It's all right, sweetheart." He murmured into her hair. "Maybe the other one will come back soon."

Burying her face against his chest, Ching Ching rubbed her cheek against his gown. Throwing her arms tightly around him with urgency, she cried, "Big Brother! Will you leave me one day, too?"

Hesitating at her words, he stared off into the distance, lost in his thoughts. Finally, after several seconds, he answered her. "Of course, I won't leave you. You'll always be in my heart."

"Promise?" Ching Ching lifted her face toward him, trust and love shining in her large eyes.

Forcing a smile, Tin Pang stroked her lustrous black locks, his fingers lingering at her cheek. "I promise."

"Then you'll stay with me here forever?" Ching Ching looked at him hopefully.

"Of course, I will." He reassured her, tightening his arms around her. However, he avoided her eyes, as he looked off to the side, his expression uneasy.

"I don't want to be alone ever again!" She exclaimed worriedly.

"You won't be alone, sweetheart." He soothed her. "I promise you."

Satisfied with his words, she snuggled against him, cheerful again. "Look, Big Brother." She called to him softly, pointing at the myriad of colors swirling against the pearly gray horizon. "Isn't the sunrise beautiful?"

"Yes, it is." He agreed, his hands playing with the soft tendrils of her hair near her earlobes.

With sudden inspiration, Ching Ching pulled at Tin Pang's hands excitedly, succeeding at dragging him a few steps forward. "Let's go, Big Brother!"

He laughed at her sudden exuberance. "Go where, Ching Ching?" He asked, smiling at her contagious enthusiasm.

"Let's go up to the mountains and watch the sunrise!" She exclaimed happily. Letting go of his hands, she ran forward. A few paces away, she twirled around and faced him, her expression mischievous. "I'll race you, Big Brother!"

With that challenge, she whirled around and raced through the forest, tearing past the trees and groves of fragrant flowers, her laughter echoing through the air. "Hurry, Big Brother! You're losing!"

Amused by her gloating tone, Tin Pang deliberately gave her a few minutes of head start and then somersaulted into the air. With his booted feet, he lightly tapped against a tree trunk before springing forward. Executing several cartwheels mid air, he rapidly closed the distance. Within seconds, he flipped over Ching Ching's head and landed in front of her.

Surprised at his sudden appearance in front of her despite her few minutes head start, Ching Ching gasped and stopped in her tracks. Propelled forward by momentum, she tumbled straight into his arms. As she crashed forward, Tin Pang scooped her up into his arms and swung her round and round.

Circling his neck tightly with her arms, she shrieked, half in fright and half in excitement. "Ahhhh! Big Brother! Put me down!"

Chuckling, Tin Pang finally settled her down on the ground. "Had enough, you little imp?"

As her feet touched the ground, she whirled on him. "Not fair, Big Brother!" She pouted, pushing at his chest gently. "You can't use your lightness kung fu! I don't know any martial arts skills, but you do! I'll lose for sure then!"

Catching hold of her hands, he drew her close. "If you like, I can teach you my skills. Then you'll be able to flutter through the air like those butterflies." Brushing her bangs gently, he cupped his palm against her cheek, his thumb stroking the velvety softness of her skin. "And you would be able to protect yourself against the villagers if they chase after you again."

"Really? You would really teach me your martial arts?" She asked, thrilled.

"Of course." He smiled at her indulgently.

Immensely pleased with the idea, she dragged him by the hand, racing back to the straw hut. "Then let's go! I want to start my lessons immediately!"

Laughing heartily, he pretended to drag his feet, slowing her down. "But what about the sunrise?"

Shaking her head impatiently, she pulled at his arm with both of her hands. "No, I want to learn martial arts now!"

Dragging him along, Ching Ching finally reached the shack with Tin Pang in tow. Bursting through the door, she headed immediately toward the twin swords lying on the table by the window.

"I want to use that sword!" She pointed at the Sword of Moon.

"The Sword of Moon?" Tin Pang asked, smiling at her determined expression. "I've noticed that you've been admiring that sword since I appeared at your doorstep, injured and unconscious four months ago."

"Yes, I like that sword!" She beamed at him, her smile brilliant. "It's so pretty." She whispered in awe, as she gently fingered the sword hilt.

Reacting to her touch, the Sword of Moon glowed a deep blue, its cool blade seeming to vibrate with an invisible energy.

"Well, both swords have been with me since birth." Tin Pang came to stand close behind her.

Glancing back at him, she continued] to reverently run her finger along the hilt of the Sword of Moon. "They've been with you for that long?"

"Yes, according to my parents, on the eve of my birth, a strange phenomenon occurred. The sun rose over the dark horizon, joining the moon in the evening sky. At that moment, two swords fell from the heavens, one glowing fiery red, the other shimmering in brilliant blue. These two swords landed right onto the balcony of my room. One became known as the Sword of Sun and the other the Sword of Moon. From that point on, I became the guardian of these two swords."

Looking at him with wide, fascinated eyes, Ching Ching then turned back to examine the pair of swords. "Wow, then these must be extremely precious weapons." Deep in thought, she frowned as she glanced down at her bare toes, her expression forlorn.

"What's wrong, Ching Ching? Why the sad face?" Tin Pang asked.

"If the Sword of Moon has that much sentimental value for you, then I don't want it." She sighed reluctantly, giving the blue-tinged sword a longing look.

"Hmmm…" Tin Pang folded his arms across his chest, pretending to be deep in thought. "You're right, Ching Ching. The Sword of Moon is incredibly valuable. I have fought against countless martial artists who wish to gain possession of the two swords." He paused. "But…I'll give the Sword of Moon to you as a present."

Quickly lifting her head up, she grinned widely. "You will?" She asked, her voice full of hope.

Moving in closer, Tin Pang encircled her slender waist with his arms. "But you'll have to promise me something in return for the sword."

Her face glowing happily, Ching Ching inquired innocently. "What's that?"

Leaning forward, he whispered something in her ear. Hearing his request, she flushed a dark shade of pink. Embarrassed and feeling incredibly shy all of a sudden, she lowered her head and buried her face against his chest.

Laughing at her enchanting shyness, he kissed the top of her head. "So you promise me, Ching Ching?" He murmured against her fragrant hair. "Hmmm?"
    Embarrassing silence followed. Upon hearing no answer, he chuckled again. "I'll take your silence as agreement then."

Pressing his lips to her temple, he slowly trailed them down her cheek before reaching the soft plumpness of her lips. "I love you, Ching Ching." He murmured softly against her lips.

Closing her eyes, she allowed her mind to drift, reveling in the delicious sensations coursing through her body and mind as he nibbled gently at her lips. When she felt his hands at her waist sash, loosening the ties, she pulled away slightly, her eyes sparkling with mischief.

"Big Brother! I want to learn how to glide through the air right now!"

"Later, Ching Ching." He muttered, his voice laced with mild frustration.

However, as he tried to reach for her again, she danced playfully out of range. Running over to the table, she grabbed the Sword of Moon at the hilt with both hands and dashed out the door. With a peal of laughter, she ran about the forest clearing, haphazardly swiping the sword this way and that way.

Sighing lightly, Tin Pang dragged a hand down his face before following her out. He somersaulted through the air and landed neatly in front of the twirling Ching Ching. "That's not the proper way to hold a sword." He smiled, despite his foul mood earlier.

Positioning himself behind her, he reached around, covering both of her hands with his. "You hold it like this." He instructed her, guiding Ching Ching's hands over the sword hilt. "Always plant your feet firmly on the ground to avoid getting tripped by the opponent. And keep your back straight like this."

Frowning with concentration, Ching Ching nodded, gripping the sword tightly. "Big Brother, can we practice by chopping at that tree over there?" She jerked her head toward a large, sturdy pine tree.

"Sure." Remaining behind her, he encircled her waist with his left arm. Keeping his right hand over hers on the sword hilt, he swiftly swiveled with her to the left. With a brisk, clean flick of the wrist, he swiped the blade downward, sending a burst of blue light flashing forward. The wave of internal energy shot toward the tree trunk, splitting the thick column of rough bark and sturdy wood precisely down the middle.

Awestruck, Ching Ching gawked at the newly fallen tree. "Big Brother! When will I be able to strike down that tree alone?"

"You might need at least ten to fifteen years of training, sweetheart, before you will be able to attain enough power to direct energy waves across air to strike down objects." Tin Pang answered frankly.

"Then I want to start learning martial arts as soon as possible!" She exclaimed enthusiastically.

Dashing away from him, she ran further into the forest, swinging the Sword of Moon energetically in a random manner. "Hurry, Big Brother!" She cried exuberantly. "Hurry!"

I hope everyone enjoyed the excerpt. Thanks for reading.

Thanks for being such a good sport, tweety! And your spoiler is real.
    Actually, I was kinda hoping the spoiler was fake because it's not the ending I wanted at all . Oh well...

Actually, I was kinda hoping the spoiler was fake because it's not the ending I wanted at all . Oh well...
    Ahh, see! I warned you about asking for spoilers! Be careful of what you ask for. Now you regret knowing what will happen in the end. But don't worry. You'll still be surprised... I haven't shown you all my cards.

By the way, what ending were you hoping for?

I don't know if I could read through so many chapters in one sitting. And thanks for the compliment. Hopefully, your first English wuxia experience was pleasant.
    lol, I love to read and this was perfect. I mean come on Wallace + wuxia + Melanie’s great writing? How can I resist? It was so much fun reading those very few chapters that you had... (oh no, I’m totally not pressuring you to update)

You get giddy too easily. Are you sure your giddiness is not from imagining Wallace in the cave scene, when he was...ahem...unabashedly unclothed?
    Silly, of course that was the reason. Wallace as SCN is just walking sex.

From your comments, I'm guessing that you prefer less arrogant and more romantic male leads?
    Hm, not necessarily… some of my favorite male leads in dramas and novels were the arrogant and even selfish types. I agree that these type of leads are often more complex and exciting. So, I definitely don’t mind SCN’s personality. I think you explained my disturbance perfectly here…

You probably found SCN's obsession with Yan disturbing because he just wanted her for her beauty initially. He saw her as an object to be possessed rather than as a person. That was disturbing. But hopefully, he can redeem himself in your eyes later on.
    I look forward to seeing him love Yan for more than just her appearance. I can tell he’s already changing. And, even if he annoys me later on, I guess I can ignore it if there’s more SCN cave scenes
    Last edited by genna; 03-21-12 at 02:40 AM.

If HG AND Wallace Huo both chose the 2nd male lead role, then this role must be the more interesting one in the script, regardless of what was in the novel. Something tells me that HG's 2nd male lead role will be the more memorable one... Sometimes the 2nd leading man outshines the more boring and predictable leading man.

Wow, that was a complicated but somewhat cliched hypothetical love plot. I don't think that will happen in my story. I'm going to keep the love polygons to a minimum in the prequel.
    Yes, indeed. Hopefully it'll be a memorable one. HG says he wants his portrayal of MJ heart-wrenching. Some people will probably drop a few tears when the time comes.

Oh, good!

You're still a loyal reader, even though you don't quite like SCN? Thanks!
    It's because you write so vividly. And I see some potential in SCN/Wallace.

Oh, Texas! Is it fun to visit? Any particular spot in Texas you recommend visiting for a tourist?
    Haha, I don't know if there's anything in Texas that is worth making a special visit for but if you are in San Antonio, check out the Alamo and Riverwalk, if in Houston, check out NASA, and if in Amarillo? The seventy-two ounce steak.

What kind of dog and cat do you have? Can you send me pictures of your pets? I want to get a doggie, but I don't think I will be competent enough to take care of one. Hence, I'm settling for my stuffed bears and doggies.
    Here's a pic of my dalmatian with her Da Gou Ban (Dog Beating Stick). She's a veritable Huang Rong, isn't she?
    Gege.jpg

Sadly, I don't have any good pictures of my cat, but he's a big Siamese/Himalayan mix, with beautiful blue eyes.

I'm almost afraid to ask what Jiu Ye did for Yu Er that is so heart-wrenching but I think I'll ask anyway... What did he do? Is this the wheelchair-bound guy? The guy who will later adopt the guy in the sequel that you think Wallace is perfect for?
    I'm sure H.Ge-C.Liu can explain it much better than I can, especially since I haven't read the last few chapters yet. So far, he has saved her so many times, even though she's with another guy now. When her new love was deathly ill, she begged Meng Jiu to save him, which he did, even though this HQB ruined their chance of ever getting together earlier. When she landed in jail and HQB was away fighting, Meng Jiu went to the emperor and promised him something big (the readers were never told what he sacrificed) to get her released. Then, she got poisoned and he was the one to nurse her back to health. When the emperor tried to force her to give birth to and raise her baby in the palace, Meng Jiu agreed to help her force an early delivery and then switch her child with an orphan. I also read spoilers that Meng Jiu was the one who finally gave Jin Yu and HQB a chance to leave Chang An and have a happy life elsewhere, which resulted in him being permanently diplegic (he could walk with a crutch before). He basically sacrificed his all just so she could be happy with another man.

Thanks for being such a good sport, tweety! And your spoiler is real. :
    Ahahhaha, oh Mel, you are so mean to tweety. I never ever ever want any spoilers from you.

By the way, what ending were you hoping for?
    You think I'm gonna give you more leverage against me?

This sounds so similar to the 80s TVB series, The Foundation, starring Felix, Michael, and Barbara. Except the ending for that series was just plain awful since Michael’s character personally killed Barbara’s character for the throne.

I'm sure H.Ge-C.Liu can explain it much better than I can, especially since I haven't read the last few chapters yet. So far, he has saved her so many times, even though she's with another guy now. When her new love was deathly ill, she begged Meng Jiu to save him, which he did, even though this HQB ruined their chance of ever getting together earlier. When she landed in jail and HQB was away fighting, Meng Jiu went to the emperor and promised him something big (the readers were never told what he sacrificed) to get her released. Then, she got poisoned and he was the one to nurse her back to health. When the emperor tried to force her to give birth to and raise her baby in the palace, Meng Jiu agreed to help her force an early delivery and then switch her child with an orphan. I also read spoilers that Meng Jiu was the one who finally gave Jin Yu and HQB a chance to leave Chang An and have a happy life elsewhere, which resulted in him being permanently diplegic (he could walk with a crutch before). He basically sacrificed his all just so she could be happy with another man.
    Dang, poor MJ . The story is so sad. After BBJX and The Hunger Games, I'm so emotionally drained. I think I will have to pick up some romantic comedy novels to cheer myself up. Good thing that it's gonna be quite some time before filming for DMY will be completed. Then there is the wait for English subtitles. So I will be prepared to watch with my box of tissues again.

Ahahhaha, oh Mel, you are so mean to tweety. I never ever ever want any spoilers from you.
    Yeah! It's a miracle that I still maintain my sanity after all these years of abuse.

I just want to stop by and thank everyone for leaving me so many comments! I'm so touched! The comments mean so much to me and really motivate me to get off my rear end and write. I will be back to respond to everyone more thoroughly, but I'm actually burning the midnight oil right now trying to finish writing the next chapter for this prequel. So I hope everyone doesn't mind that I'm cutting this message short. I'll be back later when I complete the next chapter. It might take a few days, though.

Also, I want to let Xaari know that I went to the wuxia site she recommended and registered as a member there. However, I didn't see any discussion on the wuxia anthology. I must not be looking at the correct threads. Oh, well. It looks like I won't have time to write a short story anyway , as I am trying to update my two stories here more frequently. However, I cheered loudly when I saw the wuxia translations at that site. More translations for me to read!

Also, I want to let Xaari know that I went to the wuxia site she recommended and registered as a member there. However, I didn't see any discussion on the wuxia anthology. I must not be looking at the correct threads. Oh, well. It looks like I won't have time to write a short story anyway , as I am trying to update my two stories here more frequently. However, I cheered loudly when I saw the wuxia translations at that site. More translations for me to read!
    Hi Melanie! Good thing I popped back into your thread today! Ah, like I mentioned, it's a private subforum, so now that you've registered I can go let the admin know! Thanks for your interest!

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by genna View Post
    It was so much fun reading those very few chapters that you had... (oh no, I’m totally not pressuring you to update)

Wallace as SCN is just walking sex.
    You sound strangely like tweety with your above comments.

Hm, not necessarily… some of my favorite male leads in dramas and novels were the arrogant and even selfish types. I agree that these type of leads are often more complex and exciting. So, I definitely don’t mind SCN’s personality. I think you explained my disturbance perfectly here...
    I think male leads who are too nice are...well...just too nice. They never do anything bad and exciting. Everything they do is perfect and good and selfless. Sometimes, I feel that the villain, if written and developed well, is actually the character who carries a story forward rather than the hero. There are a lot of stories and dramas which feature typical righteous, goody goody heroes, who really leave an unexciting bland taste when compared to the deliciously evil villain of a story. Have you noticed that many dramas are casting hot actors in villain roles nowadays? It used to be that a villain was expected to be as physically unattractive as his personality. Now, villains are handsome, sexy charmers who are faithful to one woman. Go figure. It's almost as if villains are the new heroes these days.

I look forward to seeing him love Yan for more than just her appearance. I can tell he’s already changing. And, even if he annoys me later on, I guess I can ignore it if there’s more SCN cave scenes
    I think I've mentioned this before in this thread, but I believe, sadly, many men notice women for their appearances first. Even the most saintly, gentlemanly, and kind man will fall for a woman's looks first. Once he finds himself hooked by her looks, he THEN makes an effort to get to know her personality. Therefore, I don't think SCN is that different from men of any era.

Yes, indeed. Hopefully it'll be a memorable one. HG says he wants his portrayal of MJ heart-wrenching. Some people will probably drop a few tears when the time comes.
    I saw the clip that was posted in the DMY thread in which HG was filming the scene where he attempted to walk, failed, and then laughed bitterly. Just hearing the bitter laughter was incredibly sad and moving. I think HG has come a long way in terms of honing his acting skills. Good for him!

It's because you write so vividly. And I see some potential in SCN/Wallace.
    I still can't quite figure out what your "ideal" SCN is like. Care to tell? Oh, and thanks for the compliment!

Haha, I don't know if there's anything in Texas that is worth making a special visit for but if you are in San Antonio, check out the Alamo and Riverwalk, if in Houston, check out NASA, and if in Amarillo? The seventy-two ounce steak.
    Thanks for the brief run-down on Texas! I think I still like California better. I like the shi shi fu fu southern CA people running around eating organic food. Hahahaha! Heck, I might very well be one of them!

Here's a pic of my dalmatian with her Da Gou Ban (Dog Beating Stick). She's a veritable Huang Rong, isn't she?
    OMG, your doggie is so cute! How old is she? What her name? Huang Rong?

I think if I were to get a dog, I would get one from a shelter. Those are the animals who need homes the most. I go to the ASPCA site and read stories on the cats and dogs there all the time. I always end up crying buckets. I might very well be a closet cry baby.

Wow, and after all MJ did for JY, she didn't give him a second chance? This HQB must be pretty hot, handsome, loving, and devoted for her to stay with him, despite all MJ has done for her. I haven't read the DMY novel yet, so naturally, I don't know what HQB is like, but I have noticed some people in the DMY thread mention that they thought Wallace Chung would have been a better candidate for the HQB role than Eddie Pang. I'm bias in Wallace's favor, so naturally I think he's the best candidate for everything. I will say that Eddie Pang, no matter how much he buffs up, still looks like a teenager, very youthfully charming. Wallace, on the other hand, is very masculine, especially now that he is tanner and has lost the baby fat on his face.

How can you say that I am mean to tweety? I gave her what she wanted - spoilers. And please do not hesitate to ask for spoilers! I hand them out like candy. Ha.

You think I'm gonna give you more leverage against me?
    Now, now. Not every answer you give will be used against you. So...what ending did you want?

This sounds so similar to the 80s TVB series, The Foundation, starring Felix, Michael, and Barbara. Except the ending for that series was just plain awful since Michael’s character personally killed Barbara’s character for the throne.
    I never saw that series. Is it good?

Dang, poor MJ. The story is so sad. After BBJX and The Hunger Games, I'm so emotionally drained. I think I will have to pick up some romantic comedy novels to cheer myself up. Good thing that it's gonna be quite some time before filming for DMY will be completed. Then there is the wait for English subtitles. So I will be prepared to watch with my box of tissues again.
    You should watch Yi Chu Ji Fa/Imminent Crisis if someone subtitles it in English. You'll absolutely love Wallace in there. Both of his characters are hot without being jerks like his Murong Feng in the latter half of TLTSILY.

Yeah! It's a miracle that I still maintain my sanity after all these years of abuse.
    Wait! You're sane?

Quote Originally Posted by Xaari View Post
    Hi Melanie! Good thing I popped back into your thread today! Ah, like I mentioned, it's a private subforum, so now that you've registered I can go let the admin know! Thanks for your interest!
    Oh, ok. Thanks, Xaari! So what do I do after you let the admin know? Thanks for inviting me into the subforum.

Oh, ok. Thanks, Xaari! So what do I do after you let the admin know? Thanks for inviting me into the subforum.
    Ah, I think the admin already sent you a PM and opened access already.

Quote Originally Posted by Xaari View Post
    Ah, I think the admin already sent you a PM and opened access already.
    Thanks! I just went to the site and saw the admin's PM. I'm in the subforum right now reading your brief outline of your 3 stories.

I still can't quite figure out what your "ideal" SCN is like. Care to tell? Oh, and thanks for the compliment!
    I don't even know what my ideal SCN would be like. But I think the thing that puts me off most about SCN is that he's so cold-blooded when killing people.

OMG, your doggie is so cute! How old is she? What her name? Huang Rong?

I think if I were to get a dog, I would get one from a shelter. Those are the animals who need homes the most. I go to the ASPCA site and read stories on the cats and dogs there all the time. I always end up crying buckets. I might very well be a closet cry baby.
    Her name is Gege, as in Huan Zhu Gege (Princess Returning Pearl) and she'll be five years in May. My cat is named Xiao Yu Er (Little Fish) as in the Xiao Yu Er in 绝代双骄. Hehe, I'm such an obvious drama addict.

My cat was adopted from a shelter but we got Gege from a breeder. Don't worry, those commercials/stories are meant to tug at your heartstrings. I'd be more worried if you weren't affected by them.
    Wow, and after all MJ did for JY, she didn't give him a second chance? This HQB must be pretty hot, handsome, loving, and devoted for her to stay with him, despite all MJ has done for her. I haven't read the DMY novel yet, so naturally, I don't know what HQB is like, but I have noticed some people in the DMY thread mention that they thought Wallace Chung would have been a better candidate for the HQB role than Eddie Pang. I'm bias in Wallace's favor, so naturally I think he's the best candidate for everything. I will say that Eddie Pang, no matter how much he buffs up, still looks like a teenager, very youthfully charming. Wallace, on the other hand, is very masculine, especially now that he is tanner and has lost the baby fat on his face.
    Yu Er is someone who falls completely and totally in love. When she loved Jiu Ye, she would do anything for him but he didn't treasure her love. She ended up leaving Chang An and HQB was the first to find her and after some near-death escapades, she fell in love with him. The whole story is about timing and Jiu Ye just missed his chance with Yu Er.

I totally agree with you about EP. He just looks like a little boy, not nearly enough like the battle hardened general that he's suppose to play. Wallace would definitely make a better HQB. But honestly, I think Wallace would make a better everything. Still, I think we should give EP a chance, I mean everyone was complaining about Nicky Wu and Kevin Cheng when they got the main roles for BBJX but they rocked their respective roles.

How can you say that I am mean to tweety? I gave her what she wanted - spoilers. And please do not hesitate to ask for spoilers! I hand them out like candy. Ha.
    No thanks, I'll just be like H.Ge-C.Liu and meditate patiently until the next chapter.

I never saw that series. Is it good?
    I saw it a long time ago. It wasn't that memorable except how depressing the ending was and how much I wanted to strangle Michael Miu's character.

You should watch Yi Chu Ji Fa/Imminent Crisis if someone subtitles it in English. You'll absolutely love Wallace in there. Both of his characters are hot without being jerks like his Murong Feng in the latter half of TLTSILY.
    I made a page for it on Viki but I don't think I'm going to be able to sub much, especially since I'm translating TLTSILY. You can find the page here: http://en.viki.com/channels/7264-imminent-crisis
    Tweety, you should definitely watch it though!

Now I know why I made the mistake of thinking that you wrote more than 8 chapters! There are 8 pages but the 8th chapters is on page 3! LOL Your thread tricked me! I was speeding through the chapters because I thought there were more

After reading the little excerpt, I'm beginning to think that Sit Chung Nam's love is a bit "disturbing" since it's a bit obsessive. But hey! He's supposed to change due to his love for Black Rose so he's gotta be reeeaaally into her right?