Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: Legendary Book of Sun-Moon Swordplay - The Prequel

Quote Originally Posted by StepbyStep View Post
    Now I know why I made the mistake of thinking that you wrote more than 8 chapters! There are 8 pages but the 8th chapters is on page 3! LOL Your thread tricked me! I was speeding through the chapters because I thought there were more
    Hahaha, I fell for that too. I sped through chapters 1-8 and was so disappointed when I read the rest of the thread and found out that there weren't any more chapters. Oh well, more pressure on Mel
    Currently translating 香蜜沉沉烬如霜 at a very minute pace:
    http://xia0yuer.tumblr.com/

Oh well, more pressure on Mel
    LOL It's like payback for tricking us :P Melanie! Hurry up and update! Are you feeling the pressure?

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by xia0yuer View Post
    But I think the thing that puts me off most about SCN is that he's so cold-blooded when killing people.
    Perhaps this is a case of nurture vs nature? SCN obviously was not "born evil," as he came from a typical family before his father died and his mother abandoned him. After that, he was raised by a band of bandits, murderers, and rapists. Being surrounded by people who didn't think twice about slaughtering others, he adopted their way of doing things. He even admitted quite matter-of-factly to Yan that he had been solving problems by just killing the opponents, as if killing was a regular daily activity to him. However, his "kinder" nature could be starting to reveal itself the more he hangs around Yan.

Ah Chu killed quite coldly in Yi Chu Ji Fa. How come he didn't turn you off?

Her name is Gege, as in Huan Zhu Gege (Princess Returning Pearl) and she'll be five years in May. My cat is named Xiao Yu Er (Little Fish) as in the Xiao Yu Er in 绝代双骄. Hehe, I'm such an obvious drama addict.

My cat was adopted from a shelter but we got Gege from a breeder.
    Hehe. Your pet names are adorable.

Where did Xiao Yu Er come from before you adopted him from the shelter? I think it's wonderful that you have provided a loving home for your cat. How come you didn't name him Hua Wuque instead?

Yu Er is someone who falls completely and totally in love. When she loved Jiu Ye, she would do anything for him but he didn't treasure her love.
    Ah, well then Jiu Ye deserves to be left in the dust. I have no sympathy for a man who doesn't treasure a good woman when she's waiting on him hand and foot, only to miss her presence when she is suddenly no longer by his side.

I'll just be like H.Ge-C.Liu and meditate patiently until the next chapter.
    Still meditating? I don't think meditation has done you any good, since you're pressuring me already along with StepbyStep.

I made a page for it on Viki but I don't think I'm going to be able to sub much, especially since I'm translating TLTSILY. You can find the page here: http://en.viki.com/channels/7264-imminent-crisis
    Tweety, you should definitely watch it though!
    Tweety is Vietnamese and doesn't understand a word of Mandarin. So the poor woman has to wait for English subs or Vietnamese dubbing.

Quote Originally Posted by StepbyStep View Post
    Now I know why I made the mistake of thinking that you wrote more than 8 chapters! There are 8 pages but the 8th chapters is on page 3! LOL Your thread tricked me! I was speeding through the chapters because I thought there were more
    I used to warn potential readers that I update very slowly and so they should read very slowly as well. But more than once, people sped through the chapters anyway, so I stopped nagging them. Some readers of my main story told me they sped through 80 or so chapters in one sitting. I don't know how they did that, but they somehow did.

After reading the little excerpt, I'm beginning to think that Sit Chung Nam's love is a bit "disturbing" since it's a bit obsessive. But hey! He's supposed to change due to his love for Black Rose so he's gotta be reeeaaally into her right?
    I truly feel that a very fine line separates obsession from loving devotion. SCN's problem was that since childhood, he was taught to grab what he wanted, whether object or person. And if that person did not want to be "possessed" by him, then he was taught to just take the person by force. If you combined this way of thinking with his alpha male, possessive, and jealous personality, then SCN certainly came off as obsessive and overbearing when he kidnapped Yan and then followed her when she tried to run off because he considered her "his property." She was nothing more than a beautiful prize to him initially, a beautiful prize that was solely his and no one else's. However, he did not expect to be amused by her spirited nature and touched by her spurts of sweetness toward him, and suddenly, she evolved from "object of desire" to "a real person with feelings."

Just for kicks, I'm including the Chinese characters for the characters' names below. For some reason, now I feel like a real wuxia story writer.

CHAPTER 9 --- AMBUSH

Characters appearing in this chapter:
    Wallace Chung Hon Leung---Sit Chung Nam 薛钟南
    Sun Fei Fei---Fa Heung Yan a.k.a. Black Rose 花香燕

MIDNIGHT
    NORTH STAR TOWN
    CHERRY BLOSSOM INN

Alarmed, Yan jerked awake and sat up in bed. “What’s going on?!”

“Shh!” Chung Nam placed his finger against her lips. Listening closely, he shifted his attention to the roof right above their chamber as he detected light footsteps darting expertly across the roof tiles. Hunching downward, Chung Nam instructed, “Quickly! Climb onto my back!”

Without questioning him, Yan looped her travel sack across her shoulders and swiftly climbed onto Chung Nam’s back, wrapping her arms around his shoulders tightly. At that moment, the roof suddenly crashed down onto them as ten men dressed in black descended upon them.

While sharp shards of roof tiles cascaded down onto them, Yan squealed involuntarily, burying her face against the nape of Chung Nam’s neck to protect her face. Instinctively, Chung Nam grabbed the blanket on the bed and flung it into the air, sending it rotating swiftly directly above their heads like an oversized levitating canopy. As the spinning blanket captured the majority of the tile shards, Chung Nam leapt up and snatched the blanket from the air with one hand, grasping all four corners together, holding it like a sack. With a flick of his wrist, he flipped open the blanket, sending the tile pieces shooting across the room toward the assassins. The shards unerringly pierced each man’s forehead, penetrating through flesh and skull to embed fatally into the brain. All ten assassins crumpled, dead even before they collapsed to the floor.

Though the identities of the dead men were hidden behind the cloths covering the lower halves of their faces, Yan recognized the tiny, discreet emblem of the snake entwined around the stem of a single rose on their robes. She narrowed her eyes, her expression stony.

“The men are from my clan.” Yan informed Chung Nam in a low voice. “We must leave quickly before my elder sister comes with reinforcements. You won’t be able to overcome their sheer numbers.”

Chung Nam nodded slightly in acknowledgement. “Hold on tightly.”

He shifted her more securely on his back and somersaulted upward, intending to escape through the opening in the roof. Just as he neared the opening, a thick layer of smoke occluded the hole.

Glancing up, Yan gasped. “Retreat! The smoke is poisonous!” She called out urgently to Chung Nam, who adeptly executed a reverse somersault and landed back down onto the floor.

Like a thick suffocating brick wall, the layer of black ballooned out and forced Chung Nam back, rapidly invading the interior of the inn chamber, consuming breathable air.

“Quickly, put me down and cover your nose and mouth!” Yan instructed, keeping one arm hooked around Chung Nam’s shoulders while clasping her other palm over the lower half of her face.

Once her feet touched the floor, she dipped her hand into her travel sack and emerged with a handful of white-colored powder. Turning to Chung Nam, she spoke urgently from behind her palm. “I am going to fling this powder toward the black smoke covering the roof opening. I need you to use your internal energy to send the powder on a direct path toward the roof.”

Nodding his understanding, Chung Nam, who also had one palm cupped over his nose and mouth, jerked his head toward the roof, indicating for Yan to fling the powder.

Without hesitation, Yan hurled the white powder upward. On cue, Chung Nam punched his palm forward, sending the particles slicing through the air with his tremendous internal energy. As the white substance shot upward, it consumed the black smoke, effectively neutralizing it and creating a clear path from Yan and Chung Nam’s location on the floor to the roof.

The second the white substance dissolved the layer of black blocking the roof opening, Chung Nam swung Yan up into his arms and leapt up, emerging soundlessly through the roof opening. At that moment, a dense blanket of fire-tipped arrows shot toward them from within the thick cluster of cheery blossom trees to their left. The sheer number of arrows lighted up the entire night sky like fiery orange shooting stars.

Shifting Yan, Chung Nam hooked one arm around her waist, freeing up his other arm. With one solid kick, he sent the roof tiles flying through the air in rapid succession. The wall of tiles collided with the arrows, deflecting their trajectory and knocking the projectiles away from Chung Nam and Yan. Now with only a few remaining arrows left, Chung Nam, with Yan held securely at his side, maneuvered expertly through the light rain of arrows, his movements so swift that he and Yan appeared like apparitions in the dark.

While he moved, Chung Nam nimbly snatched up arrows with his free hand as he flew past. As he neared the cluster of cherry blossom trees, he suddenly released the arrows in his hand, and thrusting his palm forward, he used his internal energy to hurl the fire-tipped projectiles back at the Thousand Snake Black Rose Clan members hidden within the trees. As the trees caught on fire from the arrows, the few men not immediately killed by the arrows fell from the trees, screaming as they writhed frantically on the ground while the flames melted their flesh. Without hesitation, Chung Nam tightened his grip on Yan and executed a series of flips, racing toward the large lake behind Cherry Blossom Inn.

Behind Chung Nam and Yan, ten more assassins suddenly materialized from the dark night. Pursuing the couple as they headed toward the lake, the ten assassins blocked off their escape route from the rear, while ten more assassins flipped out from the thick grove of trees surrounding the lake and obstructed Chung Nam and Yan’s path from the front.

Undaunted, Chung Nam landed smoothly onto the ground at the border of the lake. With Yan in his arms, he calmly scrutinized the twenty assassins surrounding them.

“If you don’t wish to die an early death, then I advise that you all leave immediately.” He warned the assassins.

Chuckling behind the black cloth covering the lower half of his face, one of the assassins, the apparent leader of the group identified by a red headband tied around his forehead, stepped forward. “Sit Chung Nam, it is you who should be fearful. You are outnumbered and surrounded. If you wish to avoid an early death, then I suggest that you surrender Clan Leader Black Rose to us. Do not interfere with the Thousand Snake Black Rose Clan’s internal affairs!”

Twisting his lips arrogantly, Chung Nam raised one eyebrow. “Surrender? Such a word is not even in my vocabulary. I’ve already given you a chance to run. Since you wish to die, I am happy to grant you your wish.”

Without warning, Chung Nam kicked at a massive log near his feet, sending the piece of wood flying across the lake. The log landed soundlessly onto the surface of the water at the middle of the lake. Even with the log’s considerable weight, not even a single ripple disturbed the lake’s pristine surface, a testament to Chung Nam’s skill.

As all twenty Thousand Snake Black Rose Clan members converged on Chung Nam and Yan, Chung Nam twisted vertically into the air, easily avoiding the twenty swords thrust toward them. Landing on top of the converged swords, he kicked off, propelling himself and Yan even further up into the air. Mid air, he extended his palm downward, sending forth a wave of internal energy that knocked the twenty assassins back several paces. While the assassins collided into each other, Chung Nam raced through the air toward the large log floating at the center of the lake like a wooden island.

Placing Yan onto the log, Chung Nam gave her a crooked grin, though his eyes remained serious. “You stay here out of harm’s way, sweetheart. I’ll be back after I eliminate those fools.”

As he turned to leave, Yan called out, “Sit Chung Nam, wait!” When he raised one eyebrow at her questioningly, she hesitated for a brief second before saying, “Be careful.”

Those two brief words, though seemingly uttered nonchalantly by Yan, caused an indescribable achy feeling to spread slowly across Chung Nam’s chest. Although she seemed reluctant to show concern for him, genuine worry for his safety reflected in her eyes. He stared into those lovely breathtaking eyes, and that achy feeling, so foreign to him, blossomed inside him. He suddenly wanted to sit quietly and think, and yet strangely, he also had an urge to leap high up into the air, as high up as his heart was soaring. But more than anything, he wanted...needed...to hold Yan tightly against him. Ruthlessly suppressing those ridiculous urges, he reverted to his glib, charming self, a facade he was much more familiar and comfortable with.

Winking at her, Chung Nam replied, “Of course. Why wouldn’t I be careful when I know you’re waiting here for me?”

Flashing her one last grin, he flipped backward off the log and dashed through the air, heading straight toward the assassins, who had regrouped and were charging forward to meet Chung Nam mid air. The assassin leader with the red headband lunged forward, his palms extended. Chung Nam moved forward, as if to receive the assassin’s palms. However, at last minute, he feinted to the right and grabbed two unsuspecting assassins, throwing the men toward the leader’s palms. Too late to retract his palms, the leader killed two of his own men by accident.

Laughing patronizingly at his opponent’s stupidity, Chung Nam landed onto the ground and shifted sideways to avoid a blow by two more assassins. As the two men missed their mark and stumbled past, Chung Nam grasped onto their wrists, and with an efficient flick, broke their elbows. Howling in pain, the men released their swords involuntarily. Reaching up, Chung Nam plucked their swords from the air. With one sword in each hand, he executed one precise slicing motion horizontally, slitting each man’s throat. Then sending both swords twirling in the air, he easily killed another six men as the commandeered weapons boomeranged in two wide arcs before returning to him.

Meanwhile, the leader with the red headband waved his arms forward, gesturing for the remaining nine assassins to attack Yan, who watched the battle anxiously from the middle of the lake.

“Hurry! Grab Clan Leader Black Rose, and let’s get out of here!” The leader commanded.

Heeding their leader’s command, the nine remaining assassins ran toward the direction of the lake. Immediately, Chung Nam discarded the swords in his hands and somersaulted rapidly over the assassins’ heads and landed in front of them, blocking their path to the lake. Though they feared the Floating Cloud Sect leader, the assassins nonetheless bravely charged forward, knowing that they will be punished severely by Poison Snake if they were to return empty-handed without Yan.

One assassin took the lead and lunged forward. Chung Nam backflipped three times and landed on top of that assassin’s shoulders, and with a swift twist of his ankles, he snapped the man’s neck. Tossing the dead man’s body to the left, he knocked unconscious another three men. However, three more men rushed at him. Meanwhile, the leader and two remaining assassins flew toward Yan.

With haste, Chung Nam extended both arms, unsheathing his shadowless swords. Nine blades of energy flashed in each hand, invisible to the naked eye yet lethally sharp as they decapitated the three assassins who charged forward. With his obstacles dead, Chung Nam flipped through the air, chasing after the two remaining assassins and the leader. As the leader continued dashing toward the lake where Yan was, the two assassins turned around and charged toward Chung Nam in an attempt to buy their leader some time to capture Yan.

As one assassin rushed toward Chung Nam from the left, the other one flew forward from the right, brandishing his weapon. In response, Chung Nam first swung toward the man rushing toward him on the ground and executed a backflip, clipping the man on the chin with his booted feet. As the first assassin spit out blood from the force of the impact, Chung Nam nimbly somersaulted toward the second man flying toward him. Inches from contacting the second assassin, Chung Nam disappeared from view, confusing his opponent. Suddenly, he reappeared, startling the assassin. Before the man could scream, Chung Nam ripped the sword from his hand and palmed him on the forehead, killing him. Pivoting around, he hurled the sword at the first man he had clipped on the chin. The blade pierced the assassin’s heart and exited through his back.

Without breaking a sweat, Chung Nam swiveled toward the lake, looking for Yan. The assassin leader had thrown several logs into the water and was now using them as stepping stones to cross to the middle of the lake. Yan, though helpless without her martial arts skills, refused to show this traitorous clan member any sign of fear. With her posture straight and dignified, she glared icily at the man with the red headband as he approached.

The assassin leader had lost the piece of cloth covering the lower half of his face during the battle with Chung Nam. Now as he leapt rapidly from one floating log to the next, he laughed lasciviously as he focused in on Yan perched so beautifully on the log at the lake’s center.

“Clan Leader Black Rose, I have finally found you!” The man sneered, his heart rate quickening as he closed the distance between himself and Yan. “Do you know how much I adore you? But of course, you don’t know!” He didn’t bother to wait for her answer but screeched angrily at her from across the distance. “How many times have I tried to strike up a conversation with you in the past, only to have you ignore me?” He clenched his fists as he continued racing across the immense lake’s surface. “But now... Your elder sister has promised you as a prize to any clan member who could capture you and bring you back to the Thousand Snake Black Rose Clan!” He laughed, almost maniacally, as he said those last words.

So engrossed with the thought of possessing Yan that he did not even remember Chung Nam’s presence, the assassin leader continued ranting, and therefore failed to notice Chung Nam approaching swiftly toward him from behind. Without needing any logs as stepping stones, Chung Nam lightly skimmed over the water’s surface, his booted feet racing across the lake without causing a single ripple or sound.

“You will regret even attempting to capture me.” Yan stared at the traitorous clan member frostily. “If you leave right now, I will forgive you for siding with my sister.” Out of the corner of her eyes, she saw Chung Nam rapidly approaching, yet she gave no indication of noticing his presence.

Unaware of Chung Nam’s approach, the assassin leader smirked at Yan. “Leave now when I am so close to capturing you? Do you know how many times I have fantasized about possessing you?” The assassin leader panted with arousal while eyeing Yan.

Then, just as he reached Yan’s side, just as he was about to reach forward and touch her, a pair of hands grabbed him and lifted him up by the lapels of his gown. Shocked as he had not heard Chung Nam’s approach, the assassin leader gasped as he stared down into Chung Nam’s murderous expression.

“Your fantasies offend me greatly. I’m afraid I can’t allow someone who dares to fantasize about my woman live.” Chung Nam whispered stonily, standing perfectly balanced on a log floating next to the larger one Yan was standing on.

Before the assassin leader could utter a single word or fight back, Chung Nam channeled just enough internal energy toward the hand clutched around his opponent’s neck to burn his victim. As the assassin writhed in pain and kicked his legs frantically, Chung Nam simply smiled calmly, his nonchalance frightening if Yan had not seen a gentler, more human side of him. As Chung Nam channeled more energy toward his hand, the assassin suddenly lit up in flames.

Screaming in agony, the man begged, “Please! Please! I didn’t know she is yours. I won’t dare come near her again! I promise! Please spare my life! Please release me!”

Obligingly, Chung Nam widened his smile and dumped his victim unceremoniously into the water.

The minute he hit the water, the assassin floundered about. Struggling furiously, he finally managed to clear the surface of the water. As he glanced up, he noticed a palm flash forward, aiming for his forehead. The last thing he saw before his death was Sit Chung Nam’s unsmiling, frigid expression.

As the assassin’s dead body drifted away, Chung Nam leapt onto Yan’s log. “Are you all right, sweetheart? He didn’t frighten you, did he?” He cupped her cheek with one palm and gently caressed her soft skin with his thumb.

However, before Yan could answer him, an explosion originating from the bottom of the lake tore Chung Nam and Yan apart.

“Yan Yan!” Chung Nam called out urgently.

“Ah!” Yan yelped, grasping the air for Chung Nam. “Sit Chung Nam!”

As Yan catapulted backward from the force of the explosion, Chung Nam somersaulted forward and tried to reach for her. However, the thick blanket of smoke from the explosion occluded his vision and stung his eyes. Losing sight of Yan, he waved his arms urgently in the air, attempting to disperse the smoke. Unfortunately, she seemed to disappear.

Immediately, over fifty Thousand Snake Black Rose Clan members, who had tunneled their way underground, emerged from under the lake’s surface and converged on Chung Nam.

Fighting his way through the throng of men, Chung Nam called out frantically to Yan. “Yan Yan! Yan Yan! Where are you?” His eyes watered and his vision blurred even as he desperately scanned the area for Yan while trying to fend off the assassins. He thought he heard her answer him in the distance, but he couldn’t be sure. “Yan Yan!” He called again.

Meanwhile, as Chung Nam fought off wave upon wave of Thousand Snake Black Rose Clan members, on the other side of the smoke screen, Yan tottered on the splintered log, trying to keep from falling into the water. In the distance, she heard a series of splashing sounds, as footsteps raced across the lake’s surface. From behind the smoke screen, several traitorous Thousand Snake Black Rose Clan members emerged. As they neared her, a figure suddenly appeared behind her. Catching the assassins off guard momentarily, the figure hurled two stink bombs at the assassins, forcing the men to retreat. Quickly, the figure lifted Yan upward and flew off...

NORTH STAR TOWN
    THREE MILES AWAY

Yan’s rescuer raced relentlessly through the night sky, dragging Yan along. Not even stopping to rest for fear that the Thousand Snake Black Rose Clan assassins would be close behind, the person soared across the wide, expansive lake and flipped over treetops. Finally, after traveling for some distance, Yan’s rescuer somersaulted three times before landing onto a forest clearing three miles from the lake.

Landing beside the person, Yan turned to get a better look at her savior. Even in the sparsely lit forest clearing, she could make out the young man’s refined profile. He was of slight build and approximately the same height and age as she was. As he turned to fully face her, Yan noticed that this young man was an unusually...beautiful...man with his delicate, effeminate features. At first passing glance, he appeared merely attractive, but the more Yan stared at the man, the prettier he seemed. In his long white gown, the man looked like a refined scholar, almost too refined for a man. Vaguely, she recalled seeing him at the diner of the Cherry Blossom Inn earlier this evening while Sit Chung Nam was exchanging stances with Miu Jing Hung.

With a curious expression on her face, Yan smiled politely at her rescuer. “Thank you for your help, Young Hero. May I have the honor of knowing your name so that I may thank you should we meet again in the future?”

The young man smiled back at Yan coolly as he flipped open his fan. Calmly fanning himself, he cocked his head and slowly circled around Yan, scrutinizing her every feature. Finally, he spoke.

“Fa Heung Yan?” He asked to confirm Yan’s identity.

“Yes?” Yan replied cordially and calmly, yet she sensed something amiss and started discreetly scanning the forest clearing for a possible escape route from this “savior.”

Continuing to fan himself unhurriedly, the young man circled Yan one more time before halting directly in front of her. Silently, he stared at her for a long moment. Then with a quick flick of his wrist, he snapped his fan shut. With the tip of his fan, he lifted Yan’s chin.

“You’re as stunningly beautiful as legend tells it. I’m a realist and don’t believe in legends, but today, you have proven me wrong.” The young man cocked his head this way and that way, observing Yan like the way one would inspect a fascinating, exotic insect.

Yan took a discreet step backward so that the man’s fan was no longer under her chin. She continued to smile smoothly, yet her smile did not reach her eyes.

“Young Hero is too complimentary. I am just a humble, ordinary woman. Legends are often sensational and seldom true.” Clasping her hands together in a gesture of respect, Yan bowed her head slightly. “Young Hero, please accept my most sincere gratitude for saving me. Unfortunately, I have pressing matters today. In the future, I will definitely repay this debt. If Young Hero does not mind, I would like to take my leave now.”

Yan turned to leave, keeping her stride even and unhurried, her calm demeanor showing none of the dread building up inside her. Behind her, the man narrowed his eyes at Yan’s departing figure. Slowly, he counted Yan’s steps.

One step... Two steps... Three... Four... Five...

Suddenly, he raised his left arm.

From within the depths of the forest, six men flipped out and surrounded Yan, blocking her path. Freezing, Yan stopped and observed each man closely. Each man was robed in a different colored gown, the colors ranging from green, blue, red, yellow, purple, and cyan. Each man grasped a long staff with a flag attached at the end, the flag’s color similar to the color of his robe.

Immediately recognizing the colored flags, Yan raised one eyebrow slightly. She slowly turned back to face her savior. “Ah, these six fine heroes surrounding me must be six of the seven heroes of the Seven Soaring Flags Clan.” Yan cocked her head and smiled slightly at the young man. “Then if I am not mistaken, since Young Hero commands these six heroes, Young Hero must be the seventh hero White Flag Bak Fei Lung, the young master of the Seven Flags Manor and supreme commander of the Flag Heroes.”

Without answering Yan, the man gave an almost imperceptible nod before chuckling softly. With an expert flick of the wrist, he discarded his fan and swiftly reached behind his back, emerging with a short stick tucked at his waist sash at his back. He twirled the stick rapidly, and within the blink of an eye, the stick elongated into a long staff, with a white flag attached at its end. Holding the staff upright, the man continued to chuckle as the white flag in his hand fluttered proudly in the wind.

“Clan Leader Black Rose is not only beautiful but also extremely intelligent and knowledgeable.” Bak Fei Lung smirked.

Yan bowed her head slightly in deference. “I am just an ordinary woman, too common to deserve the honor of having the Seven Flag Heroes welcome me in such a manner.”

“Ah, but Clan Leader Black Rose is too humble.” Her savior countered. “You are most definitely not ordinary. In fact, you are extraordinarily important to me.”

As understanding dawned on her, Yan nodded. “I should have known that every good deed must be repaid. I assume you need my assistance on a matter?”

Laughing lightly, Bak Fei Lung nodded. “Like I said, Clan Leader Black Rose is indeed astute!” He bowed deeply in a gentlemanly fashion before straightening and smiling charmingly at Yan. “I would like to request the pleasure of Clan Leader Black Rose’s company back to Seven Flags Manor to assist me in a grave and crucial matter.”

“And what if I refuse?” Yan challenged.

“Then I will have to apologize in advance for my six brothers‘ ungentlemanly ways when they take you by force.” He smiled calmly back at Yan as if he had just discussed the weather with her.

For a long moment, Yan stared at Bak Fei Lung. The man was the epitome of the gentlemanly scholar with his polite and impeccable manners. She narrowed her eyes at his delicate feminine features, her mind racing with questions, though she remained composed outwardly. She had never met Young Hero Bak Fei Lung of Seven Flags Manor before, but she had heard that he was a tall handsome man with distinctly masculine features, a complete contrast to this scholarly man of slight build and delicate features standing in front her right now claiming to be Bak Fei Lung.

However, whether the man holding the white flag was the real Bak Fei Lung, Yan knew that without any martial arts skills, she could not escape all seven men. Rather than put up a futile fight, she decided to capitulate temporarily and plan for escape later.

“Fine, since you have rescued me, I will accompany you to Seven Flags Manor.” Yan finally replied magnanimously, even though she really had no choice.

“A fine decision, indeed, Clan Leader Black Rose!” Her savior applauded.

With a subtle tilt of his head, he ordered the six men to stand down. Then, with a quick twirl of his white flag, he shortened the staff back to the size of a miniature stick and tucked it in his waist sash. Gesturing politely in the eastbound direction toward Seven Flags Manor, he looked expectantly in Yan’s direction.

“After you, Clan Leader Black Rose.” Bak Fei Lung bowed slightly at the waist, waiting respectfully for Yan to move.

Reluctantly, Yan started toward the direction indicated by Bak Fei Lung, her carriage elegant and gracious with no hint of the misgivings brewing inside her. However, after a few steps, she stopped and briefly glanced back toward the direction of the lake as thoughts of Sit Chung Nam involuntarily invaded her mind. A shameful part of her worried deeply for Chung Nam’s safety, as she knew he was severely outnumbered at the lake, while another part of her scolded herself for being concerned for her kidnapper. When Bak Fei Lung raised his eyebrow questioningly at her hesitation, Yan sighed inwardly, ironically missing Sit Chung Nam. Ruthlessly blocking out her ridiculous feelings, she resolutely turned and followed Bak Fei Lung and his entourage in the direction toward the Seven Flags Manor.

MEANWHILE...
    NORTH STAR TOWN
    LAKE BEHIND CHERRY BLOSSOM INN

Even though no more than ten minutes had passed since the arrival of this new wave of Thousand Snake Black Rose Clan assassins, Chung Nam had already managed to exterminate the majority of the enemy, leaving only a few hardy survivors. Grabbing two abandoned swords left behind by the dead assassins, Chung Nam leapt into the air, and extending his arms as he flipped over two of the remaining assassins‘ heads, he sliced their throats with one smooth swipe of the blades.

The final remaining assassin gasped in fear as he witnessed his two fellow clan members drop onto the ground near the perimeter of the lake, their blood spraying out from their severed neck arteries uncontrollably, coloring the pink cherry blossoms with vibrant splatters of crimson. When the Floating Cloud Sect leader suddenly swiveled toward him and gave him a piercing stare, the assassin could almost feel his heart stop. Horrified, he turned and ran in the opposite direction. However, he barely traveled ten paces before he saw a shadow streak past him. He swung around to look at that shadow, but when he could not see anything, he continued running forward, the sound of his thundering heart rivaling that of his agitated huffs of breath. Suddenly, he felt a strip of fabric loop around his neck. Glancing down at his neck in horror, he recognized the black waist sash from one of his fallen fellow clan members. Before he could panic, he found himself bodily lifted upward by the sash tangled around his neck and dragged through the air by the amorphous shadow. Lightheaded from the lack of oxygen, the assassin kicked his feet furiously as the shadow swung him around in the air.

“Please! Please!” He choked, coughing. “Please, let me go! I am only following orders from my clan leader! I have no personal desire to attack you, Sect Leader Sit!”

Mercifully, the shadow flung the sash toward a nearby tree. As the assassin thumped against the tree trunk, he grunted, gulping in much needed air for a brief second before the sash around his neck became entangled within the dense branches of the tree, thus tightening the noose around his neck again. The end of the sash looped around a high tree branch, suspending the hapless assassin a few feet above the ground. With his air supply obstructed again, the man scissored his legs in the air, gasping.

On the ground, Sit Chung Nam glanced up at his victim dispassionately, observing the man’s struggles with cold eyes. “Where did your fellow clan members take Fa Heung Yan?”

“I...I...don’t...know...” The Thousand Snake Black Rose Clan member sputtered.

“You don’t know?” Chung Nam narrowed his eyes menacingly. 

“I...don’t...know...” The assassin squeaked, his hands clutching at the tight noose around his neck. “Clan Leader Poison Snake sent us to capture Clan Leader Black Rose, but in the midst of the attack, we lost sight of Clan Leader Black Rose. I swear I don’t know where she is!” Reaching his hands forward, he begged Sit Chung Nam. “Please, help me!”

Chung Nam considered the assassin’s words for a moment. Finally, he curled his lips. “Fine, I believe you.”

“Then, please... Please, help me! I’m suffering.” The man implored.

With his lips still curled in a slight smile, Chung Nam replied. “Of course, I’ll put you out of your misery.”

Too late, the assassin realized Chung Nam’s meaning when he saw the steely tip of the sword flying toward him in the dark night. In the next instant, the blade pierced his heart.

Without sparing the dead man another glance, Chung Nam flipped up into the air, his heart strangely unsettled as worry for Yan clouded his mind. In the blink of an eye, his figure disappeared into the night.

HALF AN HOUR LATER
    NORTH STAR TOWN
    LAKE BEHIND CHERRY BLOSSOM INN

Some fifty or sixty bodies littered the perimeter of the once magnificent lake behind Cherry Blossom Inn. Puddles of dark crimson seeped into the earth, saturating the soil, feeding the thirsty roots of the cherry blossom trees. The stench of fresh death mixed in with the nauseating metallic smell of blood permeated the air, overpowering the sweet fragrance of the cherry blossoms. The once pristine clear waters of the lake, now tinged with red, served as a watery grave for the many bodies floating across its surface.

As if frightened by the heavy presence of death, the moon had retreated behind the cover of the clouds, throwing the entire area into darkness. Silence, thick and oppressive, hovered over the lake and the inn like a suffocating blanket. In the distance, the eerily creaking sound of a rope stretched by a heavy weight broke the silence as the body of the dead assassin, suspended from the high tree branch, swung back and forth like a pendulum as a sudden gust of wind swept by. Then, as the gust of wind died down, the body stilled and the creaking sound quieted. Once again, silence reigned.

Into this scene, a tall man clothed in a long midnight blue gown entered, his booted feet sinking into the earth softened by puddles of blood. The man scanned the area, his eyes noting the bodies of the Thousand Snake Black Rose Clan members. Deducing what had happened from the scene in front of him, his heart rate quickened with worry and he quickly leapt over the bodies as he frantically searched for the person he had been looking for in the past three months. Finding no trace of her presence among the dead bodies, he sighed with relief.

Suddenly from behind him, he heard the pounding of footsteps. Quickly, he swung around...

Quote Originally Posted by Melanie View Post
    Ah Chu killed quite coldly in Yi Chu Ji Fa. How come he didn't turn you off?
    It did bother me. But then I remembered his sweetness to Ya Shu and attributed his cold-heartedness to the turmoil of the time period.

Hehe. Your pet names are adorable.

Where did Xiao Yu Er come from before you adopted him from the shelter? I think it's wonderful that you have provided a loving home for your cat. How come you didn't name him Hua Wuque instead?
    Hahaha, thanks. Xiao Yu Er was left at the shelter with his litter mates just after they were born. I brought him back when he was 6-7 weeks old. We were thinking about naming Gege Hua Wu Que but the name just didn't flow as well as Gege.

Still meditating? I don't think meditation has done you any good, since you're pressuring me already along with StepbyStep.

I used to warn potential readers that I update very slowly and so they should read very slowly as well. But more than once, people sped through the chapters anyway, so I stopped nagging them. Some readers of my main story told me they sped through 80 or so chapters in one sitting. I don't know how they did that, but they somehow did.
    I'm guilty of doing that as I've already read Chapter 9. Lot's of action in this chapter and I see that Yan is starting to return Sit Chung Nam's feelings. Cute

I'm intrigued by this Bak Fei Lung. Why does he want her (besides her obvious beauty)? Is he the real Bak Fei Lung? Is he just a minor character? Whom do you cast as his character?
    Currently translating 香蜜沉沉烬如霜 at a very minute pace:
    http://xia0yuer.tumblr.com/

Yay, another chapter!
    I especially like the part where SCN shows his martial arts prowess. Thanks to your excellent descriptions, I can almost imagine the scenes playing out in my head. I don't think I should be saying this, but I find it cute when SCN worries about Yanyan (despite the fact that I knew she might've been in danger). He sheds his cold demeanour, and just acts like a young carefree man worrying about his sweetheart.

Another sweet scene was when BR reprimanded herself for worrying about SCN. She can't hide her true feelings forever! Waiting excitedly for the chapter in which she will profess her love~~.

I'm wavering between thinking that Bak Fei Lung is a girl/boy. Her description makes her seem like a girl in disguise, but then other sentences make her seem like a boy. Of course, she could be the fake Bak Fei Lung-a sister/relative of the real one, perhaps?
    Oh well. No use fidgeting over this. Patience is the key to everything in this thread.

Okay, I admit, attempting to translate the canto into Chinese characters has become a habit. The few below are just a few characters I think can be used in names (depending on the gender), despite their literal translations. Mel, what did you have in mind?
    -----------------------------------
    1. 布(announce, cloth), 补 (repair), 捕 (catch) etc.
    2. 菲(humble),斐(elegant),霏(float, surround), etc.
    3. 龙 (dragon), 拢 (hold together), 隆 (grand), 珑 (exquisite) etc.
    Biases: Hu Ge, Qiao Zhenyu, Liu Shi Shi
    Jiang Hu Fansubs - Recruiting members (especially translators).

Ooolala! You updated! Oh gosh, I take like 3 hours to read each chapter of yours, unlike your other speedy readers. I'm going to listen to you and take my time.

Aha! So this is where all the action is! Melanie! I'm your reader Black Rose from winglin. I've been looking for you over at winglin but you seemed to have disappeared! So I've stalked you to this place. So this is where you have been hanging out for the last few months. Shame! Have you forgotten your other readers at winglin?

Waaaa! A new update! I'm so excited! I'm going to read it right now!

That was an exciting chapter!

It's sweet to see Yan worry about SCN. I'm really curious about Bak Fei Lung though, and you didn't mention any actor in the role. Suspense, or is he an insignificant character? lol

Will be waiting for your next update ^^

The way Bak Fei Lung is described, I can totally see Liu Shi Shi in the role. When I first saw LSS in pictures and onscreen, she merely looked pretty, nothing to get excited about. Plus, her acting was rather raw in the early days. But the longer I watch her, the more she grew on me and hence became a lot more attractive. It helps tremendously that her acting has improved as well.

I loved her with Wallace Huo in Strange Hero, so a big part of me would be thrilled to have her match up with Wallace. However, I feel really bad for ShiGe fans, especially H.Ge-C.Liu, so I would like to petition LSS for the role of BFL if there is a chance of them being a couple. It doesn't matter if BFL is male or female .

Quote Originally Posted by tweety365 View Post
    The way Bak Fei Lung is described, I can totally see Liu Shi Shi in the role. When I first saw LSS in pictures and onscreen, she merely looked pretty, nothing to get excited about. Plus, her acting was rather raw in the early days. But the longer I watch her, the more she grew on me and hence became a lot more attractive. It helps tremendously that her acting has improved as well. I loved her with Wallace Huo in Strange Hero, so a big part of me would be thrilled to have her match up with Wallace. However, I feel really bad for ShiGe fans, especially H.Ge-C.Liu, so I would like to petition LSS for the role of BFL if there is a chance of them being a couple. It doesn't matter if BFL is male or female .
    Yes, Mel! Here's another petition for LSS (2 votes now). Thanks, Tweety! BUT on the otherhand, how can it not matter if LSS is female or male? Or do you want her to turn out like 东方不败 from Smiling Proud Wanderer?!

Quote Originally Posted by H.Ge-C.Liu View Post
    Yes, Mel! Here's another petition for LSS (2 votes now). Thanks, Tweety! BUT on the otherhand, how can it not matter if LSS is female or male? Or do you want her to turn out like 东方不败 from Smiling Proud Wanderer?!
    LOL... beggars can't be choosers. If it takes LSS in the role of an effeminate male character in order to be with HG, then so be it. I think it will be quite interesting .

Besides, being Dong Fang Bu Bai is nothing to sneeze at if the actress is anywhere close to Brigitte Lin's calibre.
    Last edited by tweety365; 03-31-12 at 03:20 AM.

Oh hey tweety! It's nice seeing you here, too!

Ok, Melanie. I finished the newest chapter! I was disappointed that there was no smooching between Sit Chung Nam and Black Rose. Yes, I'm trying to live vicariously through your character and kiss Wallace that way. That's why my screen name is Black Rose. LOL. Anyway, the action more than made up for the lack for sizzling scenes in this chapter. Although, I'm anxious to know if there will be more hot scenes coming up soon?

Did anyone else besides me find that one little part when Black Rose told Sit Chung Nam to be careful before he went off to fight the assassins incredibly poignant for some reason? I know everyone here thought it was a cute scene from the comments, but I think it was much more than cute. The prior kissing and manhandling scenes were sexy but this one very brief scene, described with no more than a few sentences, really showed a sweet love blossoming. It was just incredibly romantic! I think I like Sit Chung Nam even more now. I liked his sexy, dominating, and masculine personality. I was turned on by the manhandling. I even found his possessiveness and his insistence on calling Black Rose "his woman" very sexy. But I think nothing topped Sit Chung Nam's sweetness and obvious tenderness when around Black Rose. I think I may have truly fallen in love!

LOL! I think I'm going to join the "Who is Bak Fei Lung Club." Melanie did such a good job of introducing this character that I, a very shallow person who only likes hot masculine characters, am intrigued also! The guy sounds like a woman. My bet is that she's a woman. I bet she's not even the real Bak Fei Lung. Melanie said that the real Bak Fei Lung is a tall masculine guy and this scholar guy doesn't sound tall and masculine from the descriptions.

LOL! A homosexual relationship between the constable and the scholar? LOL!!!

Hey is that Kuk Wai at the end of the chapter? I've been waiting for him to appear! I can't wait for the showdown between Kuk Wai and Sit Chung Nam! I wonder who's going to be the more jealous fellow? And who is Black Rose going to pick? Pick Sit Chung Nam! Pick him! He's not only hot, now he's also sweet!

Gad, where is Melanie? I don't think I can wait another day for the next chapter! I'm going to go back and read the whole story again to calm my nerves.

Hi Black Rose! Welcome. I see you've stalked Mel all the way to SPCnet. I've heard a lot about you.

LOL... beggars can't be choosers. If it takes LSS in the role of an effeminate male character in order to be with HG, then so be it. I think it will be quite interesting .

Besides, being Dong Fang Bu Bai is nothing to sneeze at if the actress is anywhere close to Brigitte Lin's calibre.
    Well, I guess I can survive, because I'm THAT DESPERATE...

I only watched a bit of the 1993 films, because the version I had of the movies weren't good at all. Even so, I found Brigette Lin's portrayal of DFBB to be more interesting and satisfying to watch than the DFBB's in the TV series.

Back to the prequel, I'm fine with Mel making BFL someone that is close to DFBB in terms of personality, but I still hope that it will be a simple man+woman relationship.
    Last edited by H.Ge-C.Liu; 03-31-12 at 05:21 AM.

Talking

Waaaaaaaah! So many comments! Thanks, everyone! I should go missing more often if it means that I will come back to find tons of comments!

It did bother me. But then I remembered his sweetness to Ya Shu and attributed his cold-heartedness to the turmoil of the time period.
    I think bad boys are so attractive to girls, because every girl's fantasy is to be the one who will be able to soften a bad boy's heart and make him a better man. Sometimes, it's a ridiculous and rather egotistical fantasy, but in the Yi Chu Ji Fa novel, this really happened. I think Ah Chu in the novel turned into a cold-blooded triad boss after his elder sister's death. He propositioned to Ya Shu in the novel, wanting to keep her around as a mistress to satisfy his physical needs but told her that he didn't love her. In the end, she changed his heart.

Hahaha, thanks. Xiao Yu Er was left at the shelter with his litter mates just after they were born. I brought him back when he was 6-7 weeks old. We were thinking about naming Gege Hua Wu Que but the name just didn't flow as well as Gege.
    Xiaoyuer was left at the shelter? I am always so heartbroken when I hear stories about how people leave behind their pets when they move. Our dogs and cats treat us like family, so I just wish human beings would treat them like family, too. Sometimes, I feel that a pet can be more loyal than another human, and I would rather donate my money to animal shelters than to humans who will more than likely turn around and bite me if the price is right. Take Jingwan's little puppy in TLTSILY, for example. I bet he would never betray Jingwan, whereas Murong Feng threw her out like yesterday's trash. I know in the series, he had his reasons; this plot device was deliberate, as to make Murong Feng a more sympathetic character. However, I must be unusually unforgiving. I don't care what his reasons are. Once a traitor and cheater, always a traitor and cheater. If I were Jingwan, I may be able to understand his reasons, but I won't ever be able to forget or forgive. Once he slept with Jinzhi, he was like "used goods." Apparently, Jingwan (in the drama) did not mind second-hand stuff. Yes, I'm very harsh, but I feel that his betrayal breaks that very fine thread called trust. Once trust is broken, nothing is ever the same. Anyway, why am I ranting about Murong Feng in my fanfic thread? Hehe. I fear that my anger towards Murong Feng will transfer over to Kuk Wai.

I'm guilty of doing that as I've already read Chapter 9.
    I don't mind readers speed-reading through the chapters. In fact, I am very honored that readers find the story interesting enough to read through the whole thing in one sitting. However, my fear is that readers will get bored waiting for the next update and just abandon the story completely. This has happened quite often in the past.

Lot's of action in this chapter and I see that Yan is starting to return Sit Chung Nam's feelings. Cute
    This chapter took longer than usual to write because of the action scenes, which I have lots of problems with. It's much easier to write lovey-dovey scenes.

Yay, another chapter!
    I especially like the part where SCN shows his martial arts prowess. Thanks to your excellent descriptions, I can almost imagine the scenes playing out in my head. I don't think I should be saying this, but I find it cute when SCN worries about Yanyan (despite the fact that I knew she might've been in danger). He sheds his cold demeanour, and just acts like a young carefree man worrying about his sweetheart.
    Thanks! Like I said above, the action scenes are extremely difficult for me to write. To some writers, it may come naturally. Unfortunately, I struggle a lot when it comes to action sequences. It's really hard to make fight scenes sound exciting on paper.

I actually think it's more romantic when a villain falls in love than when a hero falls in love. A villain, by nature, is evil; that's why he's the villain. But when he can shed his cold, villainy ways and find it within his heart to put another's feelings and welfare before his own, then his love becomes extra sweet and touching.

Another sweet scene was when BR reprimanded herself for worrying about SCN. She can't hide her true feelings forever! Waiting excitedly for the chapter in which she will profess her love.
    BR would have to be an ice mountain to not develop some feelings for SCN. After all, SCN is described as dashing and handsome. His looks may have had little effect on her initially because she was ticked off by his overbearing attitude, but now that he's more considerate and infinitely sweeter, she is definitely starting to slowly show some feelings for him. Now whether those feelings are love or just feelings of concern, I'll see what readers want. Hehe. Any votes for SCN? Any votes for Kuk Wai?

Okay, I admit, attempting to translate the canto into Chinese characters has become a habit. The few below are just a few characters I think can be used in names (depending on the gender), despite their literal translations. Mel, what did you have in mind?
    -----------------------------------
    1. 布(announce, cloth), 补 (repair), 捕 (catch) etc.
    2. 菲(humble),斐(elegant),霏(float, surround), etc.
    3. 龙 (dragon), 拢 (hold together), 隆 (grand), 珑 (exquisite) etc.
    I was thinking of...

Bak Fei Lung = 白飛龍 as in "Soaring Dragon"

Quote Originally Posted by Xaari View Post
    Ooolala! You updated! Oh gosh, I take like 3 hours to read each chapter of yours, unlike your other speedy readers. I'm going to listen to you and take my time.
    Ah, my hero is commenting on the story!

I saw your comment at the other wuxia forum. Thank you, but I don't think someone of my skills can be your hero. You're TOO TOO complimentary. I really think what I have here is very mediocre at best. Great wuxia writing ability is when a writer can blend history and fiction together seamlessly and create a riveting story with well fleshed-out characters. This story is FAR, FAR from that! That is why I am so touched right now, finding so many kind comments from everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Black Rose View Post
    Ok, Melanie. I finished the newest chapter! I was disappointed that there was no smooching between Sit Chung Nam and Black Rose. Yes, I'm trying to live vicariously through your character and kiss Wallace that way. That's why my screen name is Black Rose. LOL. Anyway, the action more than made up for the lack for sizzling scenes in this chapter. Although, I'm anxious to know if there will be more hot scenes coming up soon?
    I think you have been too spoiled by the smooching. Ok, seriously, this chapter is much more like my main story, where there is much less kissing and sexual tension between the characters. The love in my main story is more sweet and romantic than passionate and sexual.

Did anyone else besides me find that one little part when Black Rose told Sit Chung Nam to be careful before he went off to fight the assassins incredibly poignant for some reason? I know everyone here thought it was a cute scene from the comments, but I think it was much more than cute. The prior kissing and manhandling scenes were sexy but this one very brief scene, described with no more than a few sentences, really showed a sweet love blossoming. It was just incredibly romantic! I think I like Sit Chung Nam even more now. I liked his sexy, dominating, and masculine personality. I was turned on by the manhandling. I even found his possessiveness and his insistence on calling Black Rose "his woman" very sexy. But I think nothing topped Sit Chung Nam's sweetness and obvious tenderness when around Black Rose. I think I may have truly fallen in love!
    Hooray! Thanks for appreciating that very brief exchange between SCN and BR! SCN has been trying to grab and kiss BR so many times that I fear that his sudden sweetness and lack of manhandling in this chapter would bore readers to death.

Hey is that Kuk Wai at the end of the chapter? I've been waiting for him to appear! I can't wait for the showdown between Kuk Wai and Sit Chung Nam! I wonder who's going to be the more jealous fellow? And who is Black Rose going to pick? Pick Sit Chung Nam! Pick him! He's not only hot, now he's also sweet!
    Yup! That's Kuk Wai. I'm surprised tweety hasn't jumped for joy since I thought she's a big Kuk Wai/Wallace Huo fan. Kuk Wai and SCN will meet in the next chapter. It's not going to be a pretty scene...

Aha! So this is where all the action is! Melanie! I'm your reader Black Rose from winglin. I've been looking for you over at winglin but you seemed to have disappeared! So I've stalked you to this place. So this is where you have been hanging out for the last few months. Shame! Have you forgotten your other readers at winglin?
    I guess I have been neglecting the winglin forums. But I am having so much fun here drooling over Wallace Chung in his thread. Glad you're now a member here! Come drool over Wallace Chung with me!

I'm intrigued by this Bak Fei Lung. Why does he want her (besides her obvious beauty)? Is he the real Bak Fei Lung? Is he just a minor character? Whom do you cast as his character?
    I'm wavering between thinking that Bak Fei Lung is a girl/boy. Her description makes her seem like a girl in disguise, but then other sentences make her seem like a boy. Of course, she could be the fake Bak Fei Lung-a sister/relative of the real one, perhaps?
    Oh well. No use fidgeting over this. Patience is the key to everything in this thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Black Rose View Post
    LOL! I think I'm going to join the "Who is Bak Fei Lung Club." Melanie did such a good job of introducing this character that I, a very shallow person who only likes hot masculine characters, am intrigued also! The guy sounds like a woman. My bet is that she's a woman. I bet she's not even the real Bak Fei Lung. Melanie said that the real Bak Fei Lung is a tall masculine guy and this scholar guy doesn't sound tall and masculine from the descriptions.

LOL! A homosexual relationship between the constable and the scholar? LOL!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by genna View Post
    It's sweet to see Yan worry about SCN. I'm really curious about Bak Fei Lung though, and you didn't mention any actor in the role. Suspense, or is he an insignificant character? lol
    LOL... beggars can't be choosers. If it takes LSS in the role of an effeminate male character in order to be with HG, then so be it. I think it will be quite interesting.

Ok, first, the comments about Bak Fei Lung's sexual orientation and his possible homosexual relationship with Miu Jing Hung are hilarious! Thanks a lot, tweety, for starting that rumor. Plus, the fact that H.Ge-C.Liu's SOOO excited to have another vote for LSS to be BFL is really funny. What if BFL is simply an effeminate man? Do you still want LSS to be casted in that role? Ha.

It's odd, but despite DFBB's popularity, I don't know much about this character. I've never been really fond of the Xiao Au Jiang Wu story and have only watched the Jackie Liu and Fiona Leung TVB version, and I wasn't impressed by that very much. The DFBB in there was very unimpressive. I've never seen the Brigitte Lin version, so I'm not even sure what all the fuss about DFBB is. Anyway, I'm sorry to disappoint everyone, but Miu Jing Hung is a heterosexual guy. I think the hot and heaving petting and kissing scenes are as controversial as this story will get.

Second, what is with the fascination about Bak Fei Lung's gender? I think I should congratulate myself for making him such an interesting dude but I didn't expect him to spark THIS much interest. I think every reader mentioned him. BFL goes from not being noticed in the previous chapter (I had to bring him up in conversation) to being the prime topic of speculation. Haha! There is a reason why I haven't casted any actor in his role yet... To be revealed in subsequent chapters...

Ok, THANK YOU so much, everyone, for your comments! I was truly touched when I came back to the forum tonight to find so many nice messages! And wow, Black Rose stalked me all the way over here! I'm so happy to have a stalker. Hehe.

Hehe. Any votes for SCN? Any votes for Kuk Wai?
    I was thinking of...
    Bak Fei Lung = 白飛龍 as in "Soaring Dragon"

Ok, first, the comments about Bak Fei Lung's sexual orientation and his possible homosexual relationship with Miu Jing Hung are hilarious! Thanks a lot, tweety, for starting that rumor. Plus, the fact that H.Ge-C.Liu's SOOO excited to have another vote for LSS to be BFL is really funny. What if BFL is simply an effeminate man? Do you still want LSS to be casted in that role? Ha.
    Anyway, I'm sorry to disappoint everyone, but Miu Jing Hung is a heterosexual guy. I think the hot and heaving petting and kissing scenes are as controversial as this story will get. .
    I'll read on a bit more and become more understanding of both before I cast my vote, but seriously, I think I'll end up voting for SCN anyways.
    I can see Bai Fei Long as a boy or girl's name.

If BFL was effeminate, I'd cast Wallace Chung or Wallace Huo in it (my current two favourites after HG, but they're taken for other characters). So maybe Chen Kun (陈坤-he looks hot in armour. ), Huang Xiao Ming (黄晓明) or Yuan Hong?

BUT now that you say that MJH is heterosexual, BFL cannot be effeminate since she's paired with him (I guess?).
    Clues so far:
    1. The 'guy sitting at the table while SCN and MJH were fighting' (according to BR). Along with your "MJH's other half has already appeared, it's just that you haven't noticed" clue right after the chapter, which means that the guy sitting at the table in the tea house and BFL are the same people.
    2. 60-70% set that BFL is a girl.

Current candidate(s): Liu Shi Shi=2 votes.
    Last edited by H.Ge-C.Liu; 04-02-12 at 04:29 AM.

I'll read on a bit more and become more understanding of both before I cast my vote, but seriously, I think I'll end up voting for SCN anyways.
    Well, you know which Wallace I favor the most. But seriously, this has nothing to do with Wallace Chung vs Wallace Huo. Kuk Wai already has one strike against him; he slept with Yan's sister, which pretty much already sealed his fate in my eyes. But perhaps, I might find some sympathy for him if enough readers like him. But how likely is that? There's this other character in my main story who basically betrayed the love of his life by marrying another for power and political status only to later regret his decision after having to spend years with a woman he did not love. He did not get much sympathy from the readers.

If BFL was effeminate, I'd cast Wallace Chung or Wallace Huo in it (my current two favourites after HG, but they're taken for other characters). So maybe Chen Kun (陈坤-he looks hot in armour. ), Huang Xiao Ming (黄晓明) or Yuan Hong?
    Huh? You mean all the actors listed above are effeminate? I think they're all quite masculine and very hot in a manly way rather than in a feminine way.

I can see Bai Fei Long as a boy or girl's name.

BUT now that you say that MJH is heterosexual, BFL cannot be effeminate since she's paired with him (I guess?).
    Clues so far:
    1. The 'guy sitting at the table while SCN and MJH were fighting' (according to BR). Along with your "MJH's other half has already appeared, it's just that you haven't noticed" clue right after the chapter, which means that the guy sitting at the table in the tea house and BFL are the same people.
    2. 60-70% set that BFL is a girl.
    Look at you fixating over who BFL is. I bet you breathed a sigh of relief when you heard that MJH is heterosexual. Ha. Maybe I should put you out of your misery and just tell you if BFL is a woman or an effeminate man. Or maybe I should just let "the ever calm H.Ge-C.Liu" meditate some more until the next update... Keep on reciting those mantras....

Current candidate(s): Liu Shi Shi=2 votes.
    And wipe that grin off your face, please. Hehe.

Oh my! I just started listing hot actors I like or am neutral about, and totally forgot I was supposed to be naming effeminate males. How did that happen? *Face palm*

Look at you fixating over who BFL is. I bet you breathed a sigh of relief when you heard that MJH is heterosexual. Ha. Maybe I should put you out of your misery and just tell you if BFL is a woman or an effeminate man. Or maybe I should just let "the ever calm H.Ge-C.Liu" meditate some more until the next update... Keep on reciting those mantras....
    I shall keep on meditating. You don't need to tell me whether BFL is a woman or an effeminate man, because I am in no misery.

And wipe that grin off your face, please. Hehe.
    What about a sweet smile?

Oh my! I just started listing hot actors I like or am neutral about, and totally forgot I was supposed to be naming effeminate males. How did that happen? *Face palm*
    Whew! Now that we've clarified that statement, I feel so much better! I was beginning to think that we had totally different views of the same men.

I shall keep on meditating. You don't need to tell me whether BFL is a woman or an effeminate man, because I am in no misery.
    All right then... I'll just take my sweet time with the next update then, since everyone here is so patient and so into meditation.

What about a sweet smile?
    You're letting your desperation for a LSS-HG pairing show every time you .

Get back to your other story with Gilbert, Mel!

OFF TOPIC: I nickname my pomeranian Baci "Ao Bai" because he has so much hair that it boofs around his face like the mane-like beard on Ao Bai in Stephen Chow's "The Royal Tramp", played by Elvis Tsi. Baci come running happily to me when i say "Bai Bai"! I also nickname Milky "Mie Jue Shi Tai" cos she loves ripping stuff!
    "Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self."
    Cyril Connolly

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by charbydis View Post

Get back to your other story with Gilbert, Mel!
    Ok, sheesh. Since you asked so impatiently, I'll leave these people here meditating and start on the next chapter on the other story.

OFF TOPIC: I nickname my pomeranian Baci "Ao Bai" because he has so much hair that it boofs around his face like the mane-like beard on Ao Bai in Stephen Chow's "The Royal Tramp", played by Elvis Tsi. Baci come running happily to me when i say "Bai Bai"! I also nickname Milky "Mie Jue Shi Tai" cos she loves ripping stuff!
    Hehe! That's so cute! Ah, your doggies are so cute! How old are they now? I fell in love when you posted their pics. I love everyone's pets.