Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Legendary Book of Sun-Moon Swordplay - The Prequel

Quote Originally Posted by Melanie View Post
    What's Meng Jiu like in the novel? It sounds like he might be the underdog in the drama with so many HG fans rallying around him.
    He is the underdog, and quite dislikeable in the first half of the novel (wallowing in self pity because of his [leg] disability, pining after Jin Yu when she had already left him, broken hearted, and professed her love to Huo Qu Bing). This was what made me a HuoYu shipper in the book. BUT towards the end of the second volume, he really sacrificed a lot for Jin Yu's happiness, and readers do know that Meng Jiu loved Jin Yu deeply all along, and that he had his own reasons (unable to provide her with a family is included, but there are other reasons) for rejecting Jin Yu's love. Which is why there are also a lot of Meng Jiu fans in the Chinese forums. In the book, I'm definitely a HuoYu (Huo Qu Bing and Jin Yu) shipper, but in the drama I'm switching to being a MengYu (Meng Jiu and Jin Yu) shipper, wholly because of HG and LSS. Yeah, I'm really shallow.
    I haven't seen that series yet, mainly because Wallace Huo's hairstyle turns me off in that series.
    I've actually only watched 80% of the drama. Wallace's uncleanliness doesn't really bug me, because the lead cast's acting and wuxia made up for all the 'downs' in the drama.
    No comment.
    That just makes me confirm my suspicions even more... ---This is probably going to be all over the place with no spacing, since the spacing problem is back again.
    Biases: Hu Ge, Qiao Zhenyu, Liu Shi Shi
    Jiang Hu Fansubs - Recruiting members (especially translators).

Quote Originally Posted by H.Ge-C.Liu View Post
    He is the underdog, and quite dislikeable in the first half of the novel (wallowing in self pity because of his [leg] disability, pining after Jin Yu when she had already left him, broken hearted, and professed her love to Huo Qu Bing). This was what made me a HuoYu shipper in the book. BUT towards the end of the second volume, he really sacrificed a lot for Jin Yu's happiness, and readers do know that Meng Jiu loved Jin Yu deeply all along, and that he had his own reasons (unable to provide her with a family is included, but there are other reasons) for rejecting Jin Yu's love. Which is why there are also a lot of Meng Jiu fans in the Chinese forums. In the book, I'm definitely a HuoYu (Huo Qu Bing and Jin Yu) shipper, but in the drama I'm switching to being a MengYu (Meng Jiu and Jin Yu) shipper, wholly because of HG and LSS. Yeah, I'm really shallow.
    Something tells me that the scriptwriter might alter Meng Jiu's character a bit to make him more likable, even in the beginning of the drama due to HG's popularity.

That just makes me confirm my suspicions even more...
    You can suspect all you want. I am notorious for being tight-lipped and giving vague and misleading spoilers. Just ask tweety, who has pulled out her feathers in frustration multiple times in the past due to her fruitless attempts at trying to get spoilers.

Something tells me that the scriptwriter might alter Meng Jiu's character a bit to make him more likable, even in the beginning of the drama due to HG's popularity.
    I'm fine with that, but being half a book fan, I wouldn't really want the scriptwriter to alter the characters too much, as that would ruin the initial feeling readers had while reading DMY.

You can suspect all you want. I am notorious for being tight-lipped and giving vague and misleading spoilers. Just ask tweety, who has pulled out her feathers in frustration multiple times in the past due to her fruitless attempts at trying to get spoilers.
    Hmm. I'll just sit and wait. I'm quite adept at being patient.

Poor tweety.

Yeah, it's true, tweety is a bald little bird now. I no longer have any expectations for real spoilers from Mel.

Quote Originally Posted by H.Ge-C.Liu View Post
    I'm fine with that, but being half a book fan, I wouldn't really want the scriptwriter to alter the characters too much, as that would ruin the initial feeling readers had while reading DMY.
    xia0yuer just told me about a character named Meng Jue in the novel sequel to DMY and both xia0yuer and I believe that Wallace Chung would rock in the role of Meng Jue. It appears that Meng Jue is Meng Jiu's adoptive son.

Hmm. I'll just sit and wait. I'm quite adept at being patient.

Poor tweety.
    Actually, I think tweety is the only impatient reader I have. I don't hear you or Xaari screaming up and down the forum, pulling your hair out asking for updates or spoilers.

Quote Originally Posted by tweety365 View Post
    Yeah, it's true, tweety is a bald little bird now. I no longer have any expectations for real spoilers from Mel.
    You know what, tweety dear? I kind of feel bad that I have turned you into a bald little bird, so I'm going to answer one question honestly. Ask away when you think of your question. It can be regarding either story.

You know what, tweety dear? I kind of feel bad that I have turned you into a bald little bird, so I'm going to answer one question honestly. Ask away when you think of your question. It can be regarding either story.
    Is this a trick? I don't got any more feathers to pull out, LOL . You aren't going to pull a bait and switch deal on me, right? You have to pardon my skepticism, but your track record on spoilers isn't very impressive.

I actually just want to know if my 2 favorite couples (Ekin/Kristry and Kevin/Gigi) in the main story will survive the grand battle at the end and live happily ever after. You can just email me the answer and tweety will be a happy little bird for the next 4 years

Talking

Is this a trick? I don't got any more feathers to pull out, LOL . You aren't going to pull a bait and switch deal on me, right? You have to pardon my skepticism, but your track record on spoilers isn't very impressive.

I actually just want to know if my 2 favorite couples (Ekin/Kristry and Kevin/Gigi) in the main story will survive the grand battle at the end and live happily ever after. You can just email me the answer and tweety will be a happy little bird for the next 4 years
    Why do you ask such huge spoiler questions? Don't you want to be at the end? What's the fun when you already who is going to die and who is going to live?

Why do you ask such huge spoiler questions? Don't you want to be at the end? What's the fun when you already who is going to die and who is going to live?
    HA! I knew it was a trick! For shame Mel, tsk tsk...

Talking

HA! I knew it was a trick! For shame Mel, tsk tsk...
    My spoiler offer was not a trick! I just don't want to spoil the suspense for you. Seriously, doesn't knowing the ending spoil the fun of the story for you? Don't you want to be shocked when I kill someone?

First, you lure me in with a juicy bait, then you cruelly yank it away, so far out of my reach . Is it any wonder that my feathers have been plucked clean? I am all for suspense and being surprised as the events unfold, but in this case, I’ve been waiting… and waiting… and waiting… for over a decade to reach the end. Now, I realize that the end is still nowhere in sight. Gah, another 4 years . So of course, I’m impatient for spoilers . Tweety is going to the far corner and sulk until the next update…

First, you lure me in with a juicy bait, then you cruelly yank it away, so far out of my reach . Is it any wonder that my feathers have been plucked clean? I am all for suspense and being surprised as the events unfold, but in this case, I’ve been waiting… and waiting… and waiting… for over a decade to reach the end. Now, I realize that the end is still nowhere in sight. Gah, another 4 years . So of course, I’m impatient for spoilers . Tweety is going to the far corner and sulk until the next update…
    <---- It's that face again! Don't make faces at me!

Initially, I was going to tell you my plans for Kristy/Ekin since I haven't decided exactly what will happen to Gigi/Kevin yet, but now I'm not telling you anything because of that face. If you really want to find out about what will happen to Kristy/Ekin, you'll have to read my prequel chapters instead of skimming them. Then I'll tell you. (This time, I'm not joking, but do you really want your surprise to be spoiled? I'm asking this very seriously.... )

Ok, I'm going back to writing my chapter. I've loitered around spcnet long enough lately gushing over Wallace Chung that I need to get back to writing about him.

Ha! Just another excuse not to give me real spoilers. I've heard all sorts of excuses from you . Seriously, yes, I want to know the ending, so spoil away. I have the exact same bad habit as you, reading the ending of stories, hehehe.

And I do read the prequel chapters. I only skim when I'm short on time, but always go back to read every single word. SCN and BR is still one of my fav fictional couples from all the stories I've ever read. I just don't post long comments because I'm lazy . And what is wrong with this face ? That happens to be how I feel .

Seriously, yes, I want to know the ending, so spoil away.
    Ok, I'm going to give you one more chance to change your mind about the Kristy/Ekin spoiler. After that, I'm sending out the spoiler via email. Don't regret your decision once you find out what I have in mind for them... It could ruin the story for you once you find out about a favorite couple's ending, and as the author, I don't want that to happen.

And I do read the prequel chapters. I only skim when I'm short on time, but always go back to read every single word.
    Thanks, tweety. I know you read every single word. How else do you remember details of the story that even I don't remember, like when and how Poison Snake acquired her scar on her face?

SCN and BR is still one of my fav fictional couples from all the stories I've ever read.
    Really?! SCN and BR top even couples like Chi Chi (Gigi)/Ka Wing (Kevin) and Suk Yu (Kristy)/Lap Chun (Ekin)????

I just don't post long comments because I'm lazy
    Ah, careful... I might become too lazy to type up that spoiler for you... I thrive on long comments, because comments are like oxygen for the story. Without oxygen (comments) and an audience to appreciate the story, the story will wither away eventually, no matter how determined I am to finish.

And what is wrong with this face ? That happens to be how I feel .
    You feel dead?

Hi Melanie, I just finished reading the first chapter and was wondering, if Poison Snake and Black Rose had a showdown to see whether poison or healing powers were stronger, who would win? I'm thinking of that scene in Heavenly Sword and Dragon's Sabre 2003, where that Mr. Niu was competing with his wife to see if he could heal all her poisons.
    Currently translating 香蜜沉沉烬如霜 at a very minute pace:
    http://xia0yuer.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by xia0yuer View Post
    Hi Melanie, I just finished reading the first chapter and was wondering, if Poison Snake and Black Rose had a showdown to see whether poison or healing powers were stronger, who would win? I'm thinking of that scene in Heavenly Sword and Dragon's Sabre 2003, where that Mr. Niu was competing with his wife to see if he could heal all her poisons.
    Oh, hey! Thanks! I really appreciate that you're spending time reading my story. Even though it's certainly not as good as a story written by a professional novelist, I hope you'll still enjoy it and will like Wallace's character. As H.Ge-C.Liu has mentioned before, his character takes a few chapters to warm up to.

I haven't seen HSDS 2003 but I have seen the TVB 1986 Tony Leung version. I vaguely recall an elderly couple who bickered with each other. The wife specialized in poisons while the husband healed, right? Can't really remember.

Anyway, the Poison Snake vs Black Rose situation is a little different. There is no friendly competition here. Poison Snake aims to kill and Black Rose is not so saintly that she won't resort to striking back with just as deadly means. While Black Rose is mostly known for her healing abilities, she is also capable of using her knowledge of medicine to poison, maim, or kill. She just chooses not to do so, unlike her elder sister. A showdown between the sisters using purely poison vs healing powers would be slightly unfair for Black Rose since she has no martial arts skills, as you will soon find out if you decide to read on. However, there will most definitely be a showdown between Sit Chung Nam (Wallace's character) and Poison Snake, in which Blood Shadow Palm goes up against Blood Shadow Palm. You'll see what I mean as you read on...

Ok, I'm going to give you one more chance to change your mind about the Kristy/Ekin spoiler. After that, I'm sending out the spoiler via email. Don't regret your decision once you find out what I have in mind for them... It could ruin the story for you once you find out about a favorite couple's ending, and as the author, I don't want that to happen.
    YAY! This isn't another one of your cruel tricks again, right . Why are you so afraid that knowing the end of 1 couple will ruin the story for me? I think I already told you that I always go out of my way to figure out the end of a story prior to finishing the entire book/movie. It's a very bad habit, but I've done it since high school. My reason is that knowing the end gives me time to brace for what is coming up. Also, if it's a sad ending, I will cherish the moments the couple have together more.

Yeah, in the main story and the prequel, SCN/BR currently tops my list. I haven't made up my mind yet how they stack up against my other fav couples.

I thought with the plethora of quality comments that have been posted recently, my measly input would only pale in comparison . And I can't give you long comments since I usually give better reviews after finishing a story. Plus, I'll only end up asking more questions and you obviously don't want to give spoilers to "ruin" the story.

And I happen to really like this icon -->
    It expresses my feelings quite well about waiting for your stories to wrap up.
    Last edited by tweety365; 03-16-12 at 12:08 AM.

YAY! This isn't another one of your cruel tricks again, right . Why are you so afraid that knowing the end of 1 couple will ruin the story for me? I think I already told you that I always go out of my way to figure out the end of a story prior to finishing the entire book/movie. It's a very bad habit, but I've done it since high school. My reason is that knowing the end gives me time to brace for what is coming up. Also, if it's a sad ending, I will cherish the moments the couple have together more.
    Ok... I'll send you a short email tonight.

Yeah, in the main story and the prequel, SCN/BR currently tops my list. I haven't made up my mind yet how they stack up against my other fav couples.
    Who are the other top favorite couples in your list from all the stories you have read so far? Now I'm curious. By the way, does liking SCN/BR have anything to do with the fact that Wallace Chung and SFF are casted in their roles?

I thought with the plethora of quality comments that have been posted recently, my measly input would only pale in comparison
    There is no such thing as an unimportant comment to me. Every reader's voice counts and I really do try to listen to reader suggestions.

And I happen to really like this icon -->
    It expresses my feelings quite well about waiting for your stories to wrap up.
    Heee! I'm sure many readers of the main story are still rolling their eyes and banging their heads against the wall when they found out I have branched out to a prequel story.

Ok, tweety, I sent you the spoiler. Check your email. I hope you're happier now.

Oh, hey! Thanks! I really appreciate that you're spending time reading my story. Even though it's certainly not as good as a story written by a professional novelist, I hope you'll still enjoy it and will like Wallace's character. As H.Ge-C.Liu has mentioned before, his character takes a few chapters to warm up to.
    Arggggg, I'm on Chapter 4 now and let me just say that reading your story is infinitely better than writing about health problems in Cambodia but my paper is due tomorrow... Right now, I have mixed feelings about Sit Chung Nam. He seems really suave but I don't like how he can murder people so mercilessly but I guess that's part of his anti-hero characterization. That kiss scene in Chapter 3 was really hot.

Hahaha, Yan is almost always able to outsmart Sit Chung Nam, so yay for an awesome female lead! I also love your cast choice - Wallace Chung, Yuan Hong, and Wallace Huo?

Also, what do the character names mean in Chinese? Sadly, I'm only fluent in Mandarin.

I haven't seen HSDS 2003 but I have seen the TVB 1986 Tony Leung version. I vaguely recall an elderly couple who bickered with each other. The wife specialized in poisons while the husband healed, right? Can't really remember.
    Yup, that would be the couple I'm talking about.
    Currently translating 香蜜沉沉烬如霜 at a very minute pace:
    http://xia0yuer.tumblr.com/

Ok, tweety, I sent you the spoiler. Check your email. I hope you're happier now.
    If this isn't a prank, I'm sure Tweety will be so happy that feathers will grow out again.