Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: In Time with You 2011 (Bolin Chen, Ariel Lin, Director Winnie Chu)

Quote Originally Posted by daydreamin
    Relax. This is only 13 episode drama and will end next month.
    That's a relief. For some reason, I read it would be 22 episodes. Kinda silly, as I feel the series has already reached some crucial points in momentum.

swimfishyswim06!

I absolutely love this drama and all of its layers. Winnie does such a fabulous job with some of the shots; I'm left swooning over not only You Ching-Da Ren (and admittedly, You Ching-Li Wei sometimes, too), but also just the gorgeous shots themselves!
    I know. My fav is Winnie using the portable camera and following shoulder level, adding the natural strides of walking to the scenes. There's this rich, organic feel to this type of camera work that adds a dimension of raw reality to the mood.

Ok, I can keep this obscure without being spoilery. RE: Li Wei, I'm surprised myself at how much I like what they're doing with his involvement. It's pleasantly acceptable because the chemistry actually works. I didn't think it would. Instead of an antagonism and cliche, I think it brings a tangible conflict and bittersweet element to the whole dynamic of the plot. I think it's serving more to explore the concept of letting go/moving on, rather than incite drama. It's not an easy thing, and I think the way Li Wei is being managed in context of the drama has really done the subject justice. Helps that his voice is such a pleasure to listen to.

NuDaFu, I can't imagine anything topping Ep. 9 right now either... but I've said that about almost every episode since the beginning.
    I know what you mean. I just think ep. 9 fever is hard to die down from .

Epi 2 and the holiday eppie are also major favs. But heck, I'm re-watching all epis again and again to hold off the addictive wait for the next new epi.

I was somewhat raving about BBJX early on, but I think this series has definitely scored the bull's eye for my fav series of 2011

Quote Originally Posted by NuDaFu View Post
    [spoilers]Yes, it could be because the 'threat' of marriage. But You Qing seemed clearly supportive of the day LDR gets married.

Let me bet they're going to turn it around at some point and make You Qing sweat for it. The neurotic fun the plot can have with that!!! [/spoilers]
    I thought she was actually not that supportive but more of accepting it because there was no other way. She wished her friend happiness and wants to remain part of his life.

I swear I'm not obsessive.

click to show/hide spoilers
    In the scene where she calls him up and offers to be his supporting role, he asked her what does she mean. A flash of sadness crosses her face, she steadies herself and takes a deep breath. "Let me be your bridesmaid".

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c399/tieu_yeu_nu/ArielLin/ITWY/vlcsnap-2011-11-18-19h06m25s165.png')

As she continues, her voice continues to drop, until its almost a whisper, with eyes brimming with tears she finally finishes her piece. Only then, does she composes herself, regains her playful tone and ask him if that was enough of a friend for him.

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c399/tieu_yeu_nu/ArielLin/ITWY/vlcsnap-2011-11-18-19h37m55s133.png')$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c399/tieu_yeu_nu/ArielLin/ITWY/vlcsnap-2011-11-18-19h32m53s176.png')

Although most people could only see DR's hurt since we could see his heart breaking with every word she says, (and Bolin does the hurt puppy look so well), I was more touched by YC's declaration and her willingness to abandon herself for her best friend.

Quote Originally Posted by swimfishyswim06 View Post
    For anyone who watched Ep. 9,
    did anyone see this article about the beef noodle boycott started by angry anti-Li Wei fans? Haha, so funny!

http://asianfanatics.net/forum/topic...st__p__7009939
    I saw this article and thought it was funny. They were innocent.

Quote Originally Posted by NuDaFu
    I know. My fav is Winnie using the portable camera and following shoulder level, adding the natural strides of walking to the scenes. There's this rich, organic feel to this type of camera work that adds a dimension of raw reality to the mood.

Ok, I can keep this obscure without being spoilery. RE: Li Wei, I'm surprised myself at how much I like what they're doing with his involvement. It's pleasantly acceptable because the chemistry actually works. I didn't think it would. Instead of an antagonism and cliche, I think it brings a tangible conflict and bittersweet element to the whole dynamic of the plot. I think it's serving more to explore the concept of letting go/moving on, rather than incite drama. It's not an easy thing, and I think the way Li Wei is being managed in context of the drama has really done the subject justice. Helps that his voice is such a pleasure to listen to.
    There is nothing more I can say about how much I admire Winnie's simplistic style, he's one of the few directors in Taiwan that uses prop settings as part of his 'special effects' .

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c399/tieu_yeu_nu/ArielLin/ITWY/vlcsnap-2011-11-18-19h55m09s222.png')

Each scene felt like an artistic painting that if we were to capture it, it would be able to tell its own story.

There's something that's been bugging me lately...besides waiting a week for each episode...

I've been reading comments on the internet and a lot of people, including the Taiwanese public seem to dislike YC. It saddens me that people are more willing to forgive DR his faults because he is the ultimate nice guy, while they would be angry at YC for being more aggressive.

I understand YC is arrogant, prideful, childish and self absorbed, all unlikable traits, but one thing I admire most about her is her honesty. She lives her life in plain view of other people, she means what she says and says what she means.

YC is true to herself and the people around her, that's why everyone around her could understand her so well, from idiotic ex-boyfriend Henry to ex-bestie Plastic girl.

while DR lives his life in hiding, he would always tells you what you want to hear or what he wants you to know, he never shows he's true-self to anyone, not even to YC. No one in the entire series understands him, because he never allowed it.

While YC is all *****y galore, she at least is willing to listen and change herself for the better, on the other hand, DR knows his fault because chooses to ignore it instead of taking a step to change it.
    Like when he pissed of his mum, sister and YC in episode 9. The guy is frustrated with himself for his lack of a backbone but instead of trying to work things out properly with his Mom and sister, like telling them truthfully that he is a man and needs his own pride and his own space, he instead goes to grovel at their feet. Then complains about why he has too many princesses in his life.
    I don’t feel for you. I live with 3 as well and can hold my ground quite well.

Between DR and YC, I would prefer to be YC's friend.

Their so called friendship is a fake anyway. While YC really does see DR as her best friend, and treats him as such, but DR sees YC as the girl he loves but doesn't want to be with. What Henry said was true; he was a dog in the manor (in more vulgar terms). He was okay with just being by her side without having her but would mope about and wallow in self pity if she’s taken.

It wasn't until LW comes back and the threat of separation that you see him trying to make a go for it, yet he still never really gives her or himself a chance, always backing out at the last minute.

While we see DR moping around and being hurt from YC's actions, but nothing she did was out of the ordinary. Yes she left him behind and went to LW, but LW is her boyfriend, the one that called up to say he was very hungry, stressed, tired and missed her greatly.

What kind of girlfriend would she be if she ignored her boyfriend and went drinking with her best friend instead? If she did that she would be toying with LW.

Some argued that DR would drop everything to be by her side in her hour of need. Take Taichung scene in episode 3 & 4, DR was going to his girlfriend’s house to cook her dinner, a romantic getaway as such. YC was deeply hurt by someone whom she was really starting to like; she was alone in another city away from everyone she knew.

Looking on the flip side, although not exact, LW was YC, YC was DR and DR was Maggie. So why was it wrong for YC to leave DR behind and go to LW when he needed her? While DR isn't even really a Maggie, because at least Maggie was DR's girlfriend at the time and DR is not YC's boyfriend.

As much as I love DR with all his puppy cuteness, he is compared to YC, a much meaner person. YC's words don't hurt, they may be hard to bare but they never intend to hurt. While DR has, on more than one occasion, set out to hurt YC with his words. YC has never tried to hurt intentionally DR.

The only time I can remember YC ever being almost mean to DR was when they had a fight in the car about LW.

YC was hurt for the fact DR could not understand what she is going through and isn't willing to be understanding to her predicament and laments that they should rethink their friendship. DR answers by telling her it was a waste of time being her friend because she has not matured in the past five years. To me, DR's words hurt a lot more.

Need I mention the pool scene when YC is hurt and confused at her emotions for LW and how he makes her feel, she goes running to her best friend who instead of comforting her, he instead abandon’s her to her own demise. “Do you really want me to take responsibility or do you want me to congratulate you, I’m sorry but I can’t do that” then walks off, leaving behind a more vulnerable YC, because her only solid rock had just abandoned her.

And of course the ultimate would have to be the dinner scene in episode 9, his whole monologue on how to be YC’s friend was so hurtful, even to just a casual friend, let alone a best friend.

Then he springs the crap on her for being selfish because she forced him into accepting DLW, I was pretty sure he sprung Maggie on her out of the blue as well, but she didn’t lash out at him like he did to her.

And yet, the fandom seems to be taking DR’s side because he’s such a nice guy. Talk about double standards.

DR can hurt YC a lot more than she can hurt him.

Episode 10 preview has YC finding out from Maggie that DR said he loved her to Maggie.

Prediction: DR will be his normal self and tell her he only said that to break up with Maggie or YC will assume so and he won’t dissuade her. SO YC will be even more hurt because the most awesome guy in her mind DR, tells her it’s impossible for him to love her (high school days), finds it easy to marry her without any declaration of love (episode 8) and would use a word she holds so sacred between them to break up with his girlfriend, coming episode 10.

So she cuts her hair to make herself feel better and really let go of DR. While DR mopes about wallowing in self pity that he is really losing her.

I’m getting angrier as I’m writing this up. Episode 10 is going to make me go bald, this can only get worst until at least mid to late episode 12.
    Currently in love with Bae Suzy...for superficial reasons.

Where is the 2nd male lead? I'm still on ep 3 and I find that stupid 25 yr old Maggie REALLY REALLY REALLY ANNOYING!

If Li Da Ren doesn't like her, he should push her off his shoulder and not allow her to be all over him like that. It leads her on and its SO annoying. She's like a stupid stupid idiotic girl who comes unwelcomed. It's like a guest who over stay their welcome is like a week old fish in the refrigerator. ARGH! I can't wait to see her fall FLAT on her stupid stupid stupid stupid stupid stupid face and go crying onto her next victim. Go grow a back bone you stinky fish girl! I hate those types of girls. I'd like them to face extreme humiliation for their jellyfishy ways. Stupid girl! I hate Maggie.
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

lol...Suet Seung, she'll get better afterwards...The 2nd male lead appears about episode 6. Don't know how much you're going to like him though, I found him ok, he's sweet at some parts and...slap-worthy at other parts. While Maggie was always eye-rolling for the start. Unfortunately, I can't fault either 2nd leads because the fault really does lie with both YC and DR, if I was in Maggie's position, I would have felt the same way, only I would have given up, no use fighting for whats not yours.

We're up to episode 10 now, waiting for 11 to come out. I'm glad this series is only 13 episodes long, I don't know how much more of this fustration I can take.

I love YC to bits for all her attitude and insecurities.

Quote Originally Posted by Linda View Post
    lol...Suet Seung, she'll get better afterwards...The 2nd male lead appears about episode 6. Don't know how much you're going to like him though, I found him ok, he's sweet at some parts and...slap-worthy at other parts. While Maggie was always eye-rolling for the start. Unfortunately, I can't fault either 2nd leads because the fault really does lie with both YC and DR, if I was in Maggie's position, I would have felt the same way, only I would have given up, no use fighting for whats not yours.

We're up to episode 10 now, waiting for 11 to come out. I'm glad this series is only 13 episodes long, I don't know how much more of this fustration I can take.

I love YC to bits for all her attitude and insecurities.
    I don't really care for the 2nd leads. I'm just seeing how long it takes for the main leads to get together. Man, am I the only one who wishes You Qing to just make a move on her best friend and see if he would grow a backbone? I mean if she's so sensitive about being 30 and still single, she shouldn't make a bet about who marries first before 35, but go and seduce your best friend. I thought that was what the plot is going to be about.

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

if YQ goes and seduces DR...its game over. Not to be crude but I don't think the guy can hold out for long if she starts taking her clothes off. I mean besides loving her to bits he's quite sexually attracted to her too...or it could be my dirty mind.

When you get to episode 4 you'll get what I mean...

YQ for all her arrogance, is timid when it comes to relationships, I believe her pride and arrogance are a results of her belief system and being the one that was betrayed and hurt as oppose to hurting someone else. Her treatment of Maggie, is something we shall discuss after you've watch episode 6, but for now, I would say she has this holier than thou attitude because she truly believes she has never wronged/hurt anyone.

When she finds out how much DR loves her and how hurt he's been all these years...well she's going to have to deal with the guilt. Though there is a very good line she says in episode 9 that i wholeheartedly agree with and is probably the first time I've heard it, it change my perspective on quite a few drama's and will continue to do so afterwards. It makes me feel like DR is really an idiot. She's told him straight more than once to clear the air with her and tell her to her face because the she just doesn't understand subtle hints.

It's going to take them, i believe, till episode 12 to sort out their feelings and get together in episode 13. I would really love to watch when they become lovers...they've been platonic friends for 15 years. Having to readjust your relationship to that of a sexual nature is...confusing? I suspect plenty of shyness from both camps.

and because I'm in love with Chen You Qing...aka Ariel Lin
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://30.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lt906xWE7I1r4z8cko1_500.jpg')

Da Ren loves her and I do believe he is sexually attracted to YQ too. I mean, in one of the episodes, she practically came downstairs while he was at her home and was fixing her mother's computer and her hair was in a messy bun, but you can see the camera and Da Ren's view of YQ's body. I mean he totally checked her out and was totally looking at her bosom. I caught that.

I thought the scene between DR and YQ at the hotel and he was going "Welcome, welcome" Practically welcoming her to make a move on him, when she made like she was going to kiss him, he closed his eyes, waiting for her kiss. I swear, it's like he's the girl and she's the guy.

I'm in the midst of ep 6 and I can't believe Maggie has the nerve to try to set up YQ with her cousin. It is so silly. I don't know if I can stand Maggie for another second. How ditzy and thick faced is she?

yes i caught the scene too...lol. I think its episode 2, where they spent the whole day doing normal things together. Like a married couple.

I love how the series introduce us to the characters, it starts off with the first episode where we learned about their past and who they become. Episode 2, showed us their current status Q and how involved they are in each others lives, though I would have liked it if they showed YQ at DR's house as well.

The near kiss is...she's not drunk enough. I really thought they would clear the air with the whole "I cannot love you" but alas...it is a drama and most common theme in most drama is bad timing.

If you're up to the cousin then your very near to Li Ding Wei. This whole setup wasn't really Maggie's fault, she still remembered her cousin from when she was young and he was probably very awesome to a young child, being all smart and stuff like that. His women analogy was funny. I was waiting for YQ to blow up but DR had to swoop in and be her savior. I was hoping he'll stay out of it until she says her piece.

Just started watching this drama. So far so good, eventhough it's quite slow pace.

Question : the hotel room in Taochung (ep 4) which has tree drawing on its wall, has that room been used in other dramas? Call me crazy, but when I saw that room I swore I've seen it before. But I can't recall what drama. Can anybody help me?

Started this series today...it is what i watch at the gym now. So far so good.
    if you have the time and enthusiasm, please join in on the new and fabulous wuxia rpg fic /rpg discussion. (<--- click here)

oh...people who only started today...I wished I waited too so I don't have to go through this heartbreak every week.

Blueberry, I know what you mean...it looks so familiar but I can't remember where...

I just watched episode 11 with random subs...not fully subbed yet...and I've been pissed off ever since...gah...fortunately, at least I know what's going to happen next week.

I fell in love with this series within minutes of them flashing those "signs of aging" notes. I thought they were really spot-on!

But ep 2 was the clincher for me. The part where Da Ren and his mother went to the play was really excellent.

Apparently it's a real play. No subs but oh well

Last edited by MrIllusion; 12-05-11 at 01:14 PM.
    The Truth is out there
    I say we leave it there...

Quote Originally Posted by MrIllusion View Post
    I fell in love with this series within minutes of them flashing those "signs of aging" notes. I thought they were really spot-on!

But ep 2 was the clincher for me. The part where Da Ren and his mother went to the play was really excellent.

Apparently it's a real play. No subs but oh well

Yeah, I like the play too. The actor is really good. Captivating.

oh that play was so great...you see parts of it subbed in the film. its on Viki.

I would have loved to see it live. I don't think the emotions would have came across as well if it was filmed.

The play is called 收信快乐 (err... Happiness of Receiving Letters). Seems that the lady in the serial (万芳) is actually the original actress in the play.

There are video clips (and I think audio clip) of the play about the internet, but might take some effort to find them.
    The Truth is out there
    I say we leave it there...

Woah, I had no idea the play was real! On a side note, the show's ending next week, although I would say I am pretty optimistic about DR/YC's ending, although I wonder how YQ would settle her issues with Ding Li Wei.

I'm going to miss the show so much though - it's probably one of the most well written scripts in Taiwanese idol dramas, and You Qing is so fleshed out (compared to the usual female characters we get in idol dramas)。

Does anyone know where to find caps for the drama?

i'm sorry but my internet termology is rusty...what does Caps mean? recaps? or captures? or captions?

the show is ending next week i'm going to miss it when it leaves. sadly, this was the show that got me into Taiwanese idol series...I've seen some 'serious' films not haven't checked out their idol series till now. its not as bad as I thought it be.

but then starting off with this show was a bad idea. there are very few good shows around.

has anyone watched episode 12? Uncle Bai was so cute...he was the only person to put a smile on my face from all that depression going around.

I'm going to do a marathon of this series once it's completed.

am in the middle of episode 2 (yes, i am viewing it slowly on purpose). the leads are very cute together with great chemistry. i'm not a fan of ariel, but i must admit that she's a great actress. ldr is soooo sweet to yc and just his lingering eyes and lovesick adoration can melt anyone's heart. i cannot wait for them to get together, he's such a deserving protagonist. and i love yc's parents, esp the scene where they were giving ldr advise on how to get a girl...lol.

the play ldr watched with his mother is so touching, thank goodness they subbed that part for me to understand. it was so cute how ldr immediately called yc to hang out with her after seeing that play. and to think that yc mistook him for going out on a date with maggie. i don't think maggie is all that bad, it's just that she's not meant to be with ldr and is so aggressive. so i can see why people don't like her, but we aren't meant to root for her. at least she really appreciates ldr as a good catch where as yc is so blind. and a shy guy like ldr needs an aggressive girl in order to date. lol.
    if you have the time and enthusiasm, please join in on the new and fabulous wuxia rpg fic /rpg discussion. (<--- click here)

Quote Originally Posted by patricia n View Post
    am in the middle of episode 2 (yes, i am viewing it slowly on purpose). the leads are very cute together with great chemistry. i'm not a fan of ariel, but i must admit that she's a great actress. ldr is soooo sweet to yc and just his lingering eyes and lovesick adoration can melt anyone's heart. i cannot wait for them to get together, he's such a deserving protagonist. and i love yc's parents, esp the scene where they were giving ldr advise on how to get a girl...lol.

the play ldr watched with his mother is so touching, thank goodness they subbed that part for me to understand. it was so cute how ldr immediately called yc to hang out with her after seeing that play. and to think that yc mistook him for going out on a date with maggie. i don't think maggie is all that bad, it's just that she's not meant to be with ldr and is so aggressive. so i can see why people don't like her, but we aren't meant to root for her. at least she really appreciates ldr as a good catch where as yc is so blind. and a shy guy like ldr needs an aggressive girl in order to date. lol.
    If only You Qing would admit to her feelings for her best friend, DR would have an aggressive girl to date. Oh scratch that, DR would actually marry You Qing. She's not the dating kind, she's the marrying kind.

I don't like the Ding Li Wei's tattooed back or rather the actor's tattooed back. He's handsome and all, but his tattooed back is a bit much. I just can't accept a guy with too much tattoos. I guess I like guys to look natural with no added art or ink on their skin. Maybe one or two, small tattoo, but tattoo completely covering his back and forearm like Ding Li wei's? NO WAY. Call me conservative or traditional, but I don't like it. It's too extreme.