Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: In Time with You 2011 (Bolin Chen, Ariel Lin, Director Winnie Chu)

Oh gawd! This You Qing and Da Ren couple is like being constipated in love for so many episodes. How can it take so long for this love to bloom? It's excruciating.
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

ah I finally come to the end of the road and...all the pain and frustration between our two leads was worthwhile just to view the last episode and watch them grow and settle into their new found relationship. there was much squealing going on.

Suet Seung, considering this love has been 'blooming' on one side of the fence for 15 years, these few episodes only span 1 year. it's not as bad as you think. Only we have a heroin who is...not dense...but can only see whats in front of her and whats told to her, she's like a child you need to teach for her to learn. I guess being the youngest child doesn't really change no matter how old you are.

I enjoyed this show and will probably try to write a review to it.
    Currently in love with Bae Suzy...for superficial reasons.

Just finished this drama 5mins ago. FINALLY! Very very good drama! I am lucky to catch 2 great dramas back to back (BBJX & ITWY).

It's rare to watch a drama where I don't hate the 2nd male/female lead like ITWY. As much as I don't like DLW, I actually can understand him or his jealousy. I might do the same thing. Same goes to Maggie. Everything in this drama makes sense, people can relate to it. I like the ending too, even though it's only for a brief 1 episode, it feels right, not too rushed.

Now, I need to find next good drama, preferably ones that is already finished with English sub. Any suggestions?

Im so inlove with this drama even though im only on episode 3 due to my slow computer. Its so addicting, what I am looking forward is more cute scenes of their highschool days. They are so cute now and then. I think ariel looks the most beautiful in this drama, her wardrobe is also very beautiful. Love the chemistry.

this drama is so sweet! and the cute assistant hahahha

Quote Originally Posted by blueberry View Post
    Just finished this drama 5mins ago. FINALLY! Very very good drama! I am lucky to catch 2 great dramas back to back (BBJX & ITWY).

It's rare to watch a drama where I don't hate the 2nd male/female lead like ITWY. As much as I don't like DLW, I actually can understand him or his jealousy. I might do the same thing. Same goes to Maggie. Everything in this drama makes sense, people can relate to it. I like the ending too, even though it's only for a brief 1 episode, it feels right, not too rushed.

Now, I need to find next good drama, preferably ones that is already finished with English sub. Any suggestions?
    I agree, Maggie and Ding Li Wei although not totally relatable, but are real enough for viewers to think, 'oh i know someone like that outside'. I personally have met a few Ding Li Wei's in my time but we were on the friends front and not the relationship front so although I don't agree with his form of love, I don't doubt Li Wei does love You Qing, but I don't condone his actions either.

Maggie has my sympathy, and for the last two episodes, my dislike of her character has slowly turned into a mild acceptance. looking back on it, she was justified in her distrust with You Qing's and Da Ren's relationship, the fault was not with her, it was with them, some, like me, thought she should have let go much sooner, but if you really liked someone, isn't right that you should try to fight or it? at least in the end, she choose to be a better person and truely wished our leads a happy life. One of my favorite scene of hers was when she told You Qing off, it was the first time someone had really lay it into You Qing and it was wonderful to see a 2nd lead having a moment to shine.

I haven't seen BBJX yet, I've been meaning to but having only seen Liu Shi Shi in LOCH 08, which is a bad example of her acting, and some other series in passing, I'm not to keen on watching an entire series based around her. I'm also not a fan of this particular Qing era and have never liked time travelling stories. I read the plot on Wiki...and well it doesn't attract. I'm not a fan of Nicky Wu or Kevin Cheng either.

Would you say its worth sitting through? was the acting ok? if compared with ITWY, which would you say was the more...meaty series?

If you're willing to watch a Korean drama, I quite enjoyed 49 Days, it had a great theme and some wonderful acting from the main leads, I can't remember their names now. But this series gave me food for thought and shed quite a few tears. though the ending was to neatly packed for my liking but I can understand why the choose to go the way the did so it was still a good series.

Like ITWY, 49 Days is almost like a coming of age story, while You Qing is a proud b*tch who struts around like she owns the world and slow learns to grow up, Ji Hyun in 49 Days is a immature the glass is always half full girl who learns to stand on her own two feet and in the mean time is able to teach the people around her the true meaning of living.

Returning.

Interest seems to have picked up in the show. I'm so pleased that that it's nearly finished. 1 epi/week does my head in big time.

I was SO impressed with how epi 12 was handled. I like how a past event was teased out/revealed to add a different perspective to the plot.

Bolin's acting was top form in 12. His fight with the boys was like a layered graphic: raw, primal anger superimposed over pain as palpable as frayed wire.

If I ever get around to creating my film blog, I would certainly re-cap/review this series. Along those lines Linda, "cap" does refer to re-caps.

Quote Originally Posted by Linda View Post
    I haven't seen BBJX yet, I've been meaning to but having only seen Liu Shi Shi in LOCH 08, which is a bad example of her acting, and some other series in passing, I'm not to keen on watching an entire series based around her. I'm also not a fan of this particular Qing era and have never liked time travelling stories. I read the plot on Wiki...and well it doesn't attract. I'm not a fan of Nicky Wu or Kevin Cheng either.

Would you say its worth sitting through? was the acting ok? if compared with ITWY, which would you say was the more...meaty series?

If you're willing to watch a Korean drama, I quite enjoyed 49 Days, it had a great theme and some wonderful acting from the main leads, I can't remember their names now. But this series gave me food for thought and shed quite a few tears. though the ending was to neatly packed for my liking but I can understand why the choose to go the way the did so it was still a good series.

Like ITWY, 49 Days is almost like a coming of age story, while You Qing is a proud b*tch who struts around like she owns the world and slow learns to grow up, Ji Hyun in 49 Days is a immature the glass is always half full girl who learns to stand on her own two feet and in the mean time is able to teach the people around her the true meaning of living.
    BBJX actually was a nice surprise. I never liked Qing era and I wasn't big fan of LSS (saw her on Yang Warriors only, horrible acting!!). But I like history-related stuff & I like Nicky Wu & Yuan Hong enough to give it a try and I was surprised to see that I actually really like it. I finished the series & re-watched the whole thing right away (without any fast forward. That is rare!!). Nicky & Damian's acting are great. Everybody else is okay. LSS has improved a lot, I'd say. ITWY has more meaningful words, quotes, and people can relate to it more. BBJX is more for entertainment only.

Thank you for suggesting 49days. I'll give it a try.

All day today, I can't get the DaRen's song out of my head. I don't even know Chinese, but the tunes & the 'imaginary' words kept playing inside my head I'm going crazy!

I like both drama, BBJX and ITWY.
    As for BBJX, I only watched it once, when aired in Hunan tv. I recommended it to all my friends and everybody loves it.

As for ITWY, I watch it when aired, the next morning I download it, for collection, on tuesday I watch it this time with sub in viki, next sunday I watch the rerun on tv again. And I read all the review and recaps available out there, join all the forum either in Chinese or English.
    I recommended it to all my friends too. Some gave up half way. too slow, to dragging, too boring, they said. Some watch it, with a lot of complain.

For me, this is the best drama ever.
    When the soft sub is finish, I'll watch it again, marathon in one sit.

I started watching this series after reading everyone's suggestions here. It's definitely not disappointing! I know that Ariel and Bolin's new movie, Lovesick, is already released and I can't wait to watch that either. =)

I loved watching this drama! I thought chen bo lin was so sweet in here

I'm going to do a marathon of this series once all the subs has been released...I think it'll be much easier to sit through the second time around, without the weekly waiting and frustration of watching the OTP dance around each other.

On a side note, I was reading an interview with Ariel Lin and she was asked whom she would choose between the two male leads and surprise surprise...of course its Li Da Ren. Who in their right mind would choose a serial cheater? Her reasoning was because Li Da Ren was much more dependable.

I was thinking about her choose and in all seriousness, I wouldn't choose either, someone with Li Da Ren's devotion and understanding with Ding Li Wei's manliness and confidence would be perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by blueberry View Post
    LSS has improved a lot, I'd say.
    From BBJX, she more than just improved. If you note the ease and finesse she executed with her emotions and body language, I'd say her performance borders on masterful. It also helps that her dancing history affords her the poise, posture and movement to match the grace required for a court persona.

ITWY has more meaningful words, quotes, and people can relate to it more. BBJX is more for entertainment only.
    Agree to disagree. On the surface, it may seem easier to relate to a modern drama (as the setting and timeline are similar). Themes and emotions that both dramas explore are not necessarily time or location specific.

Both You Qing and Rou Xi confronted, agonized over what loves means to them. Both ladies strove for independence. Rou Xi probably had a harder deal for it, but You Qing also had her struggles too. Remember You Qing questions herself if she should submissive to DLW; Da Ren observes that CEO's hung up on You Qing because they were all males who weren't prepared to tangle with an intelligent, capable woman.

What quotes?

Quote Originally Posted by Linda
    I was thinking about her choose and in all seriousness, I wouldn't choose either, someone with Li Da Ren's devotion and understanding with Ding Li Wei's manliness and confidence would be perfect.
    There's the rub.

Life would indeed be easier if, like creating that perfect cup of Starbucks coffee, we could choose a perfect partner. However, I thought it ever the more interesting that the plot dealt with challenges for You Qing on learning how to love unconditionally. You Qing tried to love both good and bad of DLW. The lesson expressed here was that unconditionally doesn't mean passively. Compromise with integrity was what the show aimed for; succeeding sweetly I'd say, with: "Da Ren, I'm willing to be that bridesmaid for that bride of yours".

Quote Originally Posted by blueberry
    All day today, I can't get the DaRen's song out of my head. I don't even know Chinese, but the tunes & the 'imaginary' words kept playing inside my head I'm going crazy!
    Allow me to replace those "imaginary" words with real lyrics

I Will Not Like You

I think I shouldn't, shouldn't love you
    I fight and fight to not love you
    So I make myself like you
    So that you will not bare to part from me
    I think I dislike, dislike the proud you
    Dislike the beautiful, beautiful you
    So I need to fake dislike for you
    Then you will not bare to ever leave me

I must say I really will not like you
    I dislike you dominating all my thoughts
    Even your subtle smile is like an encouragement
    From morning breakfast, to dinner in the evening...
    Don't smile, don't smile; I will not like you

I surrender, I'm free
    You're still in front of me,
    I like, I dislike
    I cannot let you make me breathless
    But from the start I should've realized, I'm already helplessly
    Secretly, in love with you

You don't need to understand, I really will not like you
    I don't want you to be disappointed because of me
    A city drenched in rain, would still be beautiful, as long as it held your presence
    From the brightness of sunlight, to the moonshine of the night
    Stop thinking, stop thinking, I will not like you
    Stop thinking, stop thinking, I will not like you

Li Da Ren valiantly denying his feelings, yet the truth seems to leak out doesn't it? I like the conflict emphasized by the lyrics; almost has this she loves me-she loves me not rhythm to it.
    Last edited by NuDaFu; 12-17-11 at 10:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by daydreamin View Post
    I like both drama, BBJX and ITWY.
    As for BBJX, I only watched it once, when aired in Hunan tv. I recommended it to all my friends and everybody loves it.

As for ITWY, I watch it when aired, the next morning I download it, for collection, on tuesday I watch it this time with sub in viki, next sunday I watch the rerun on tv again. And I read all the review and recaps available out there, join all the forum either in Chinese or English.
    I recommended it to all my friends too. Some gave up half way. too slow, to dragging, too boring, they said. Some watch it, with a lot of complain.

For me, this is the best drama ever.
    When the soft sub is finish, I'll watch it again, marathon in one sit.
    OK.... I joined this boat officially! I heard so much about this drama in the blogospheres but never thought much about it because Bolin Chen didn't attract me very much... but after the first episode... I finally get it!!

omg...i can come back to this now...for some reason my internet said spcnet.tv belonged to a prohibited IP address.

I particularly wanted to answer this post...

Quote Originally Posted by NuDaFu View Post
    From BBJX, she more than just improved. If you note the ease and finesse she executed with her emotions and body language, I'd say her performance borders on masterful. It also helps that her dancing history affords her the poise, posture and movement to match the grace required for a court persona.
    I've been in shock since you calling Liu Shi Shi 'masterful'. I've never come across anyone whom I could really call 'masterful' since its such a...powerful word to use. I would always equate 'masterful' to someone being the blue print of 'how to protray' a particular character. I'm one of those people who believe acting differes from person to person, so someone being a 'master' at a particular role doesn't necessary mean they should be the blue print for future actors. Watching different actor's take on the same role is one of the joys of acting.

I've only seen Liu Shi Shi in a handful of films but jumping from passable, to adequent to finally quite ok in my books. Having you refer to her as 'masterful' is really...

In truth I've never wanted to watch BBJX since I'm not keen on the plot or any of the actors, but your comment has perk my interest. I will be catching this series to watch.

Agree to disagree. On the surface, it may seem easier to relate to a modern drama (as the setting and timeline are similar). Themes and emotions that both dramas explore are not necessarily time or location specific.

Both You Qing and Rou Xi confronted, agonized over what loves means to them. Both ladies strove for independence. Rou Xi probably had a harder deal for it, but You Qing also had her struggles too. Remember You Qing questions herself if she should submissive to DLW; Da Ren observes that CEO's hung up on You Qing because they were all males who weren't prepared to tangle with an intelligent, capable woman.
    Besides it being a modern film, YQ also deals with issues at home, issues at work and her struggle to fit herself into what she believes society wants of her. I can relate to that a lot better than a 16 year old nobel girl dealing with the love of two+ men, one being the husband of her sister. I haven't seen BBJX to comment further but from what I read of the plot that is the impression I got.

What quotes?
    Oh quotes...let me quote for you...

Not direct quotes but the juice of it.

YQ to Lala: "If you enter every relationship wholeheartedly, no matter how it ends, either through marriage or a break up, at least you will learn something in the end, even if its a little more about yourself."

YQ Ep 1: "When we are young, we chase time with all our engery, only to grow up and learn time will not stop for us."

YQ Ep 13: "Happiness is when you have a happy home, a good workplace and a him."

YQ Ep 13: "Buying all the shoes on the rack is not as satisfying as owning that special pair of shoes thats just right for you."

Mama Cheng: "Every family has a lead singer, and as a family we learn to give way to each other."

Papa Cheng: "The most important thing is holding her hand, if she doesn't slap you then you can move on to 2nd base."

I will be back with more...let me go rewatch...

Right after ITWY, there's a Bolin-Ariel movie coming up - LOVE SICK.

http://baike.baidu.com/view/4859960.htm

Ariel is the beautiful and independent-minded Ruo Ching, who has vowed to never love again after having her heart broken, and Chen is the high-flying doctor Che Han, who she accidentally meets after falling over while visiting a hospital. Of course, the path of true love does not run smooth, and there are busybody relatives and a romantic rival to keep the story going.
    I ship Shi-Harem

Quote Originally Posted by xiaolong View Post
    Right after ITWY, there's a Bolin-Ariel movie coming up - LOVE SICK.

http://baike.baidu.com/view/4859960.htm

Ariel is the beautiful and independent-minded Ruo Ching, who has vowed to never love again after having her heart broken, and Chen is the high-flying doctor Che Han, who she accidentally meets after falling over while visiting a hospital. Of course, the path of true love does not run smooth, and there are busybody relatives and a romantic rival to keep the story going.
    It's already released and available to watch online, if you're interested. It was a cute movie, and rather hilarious at some points. I really loved Ariel's auntie squad. But other than that, it's just a cute love flick.

Quote Originally Posted by jadebunny9 View Post
    It's already released and available to watch online, if you're interested. It was a cute movie, and rather hilarious at some points. I really loved Ariel's auntie squad. But other than that, it's just a cute love flick.
    Yeah, I need a BIG dose of fluff! Dread going back to work tmw and I totally haven't been catching up on a lot of movies and dramas that I NEED to watch...because of WORK!
    I ship Shi-Harem

oh then you would love Love Sick is very glossy fluff. I love the Greek Chorus as well. They are by far the best part of the movie.

The movie was a life saver during the DLW period. I wanted to strangle my screen so many times so just ended up watch Love Sick instead.

back to ITWY...I just remembered a great line from the series...I can't remember it word by word by the Woman and Ball's theory was really funny.

Just finished watching Lovesick the movie. Not as good as this series, but at least I can see Ariel-Bolin again I hope we can see more of them in the future (and hopefully in real life now that Ariel has broken up with her BF )

Besides it being a modern film, YQ also deals with issues at home, issues at work and her struggle to fit herself into what she believes society wants of her. I can relate to that a lot better than a 16 year old nobel girl dealing with the love of two+ men, one being the husband of her sister. I haven't seen BBJX to comment further but from what I read of the plot that is the impression I got.
    I agree with what Linda said above. I was going to write lengthy explanations, but Linda captured everything I wanna say in 1 short paragraph.

I said that LSS has improved a lot, but her performance in BBJX is not masterful IMO. Maybe I don't know how to judge acting properly since I don't know how to act, but I felt some of her acting is still bit wooden or has rather blank expression.

Linda, you have one of my favorite quote here :
    Mama Cheng: "Every family has a lead singer, and as a family we learn to give way to each other."
    Also the other one from MamaCheng shortly after YQ-LDW announced they are getting married & the brother said her plan failed : "If I tell you to go east, you'll deliberately go west....so this time i just let you do whatever you want & hopefully you'll realize it yourself". I've heard this quote so many times in my life from my parents I think I'd be rich by now if I get $1 every time my mom or dad say that to me.

After I finished the lovesick, I rewatched few episodes of ITWY. The LDR's song is not the same if you sing it in english. You have to play it in mandarin to get the full effect. Since I am chinese illiterate, I can only play imaginary chinese words in my head.