Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: In Time with You 2011 (Bolin Chen, Ariel Lin, Director Winnie Chu)

I wasn't going to join into this conversation but since you guys mentioned BBJX, I'll join in. I actually like ITWY and BBJX. Both of the plots are similar in some way but they take a different approach. In BBJX, LSS isn't just a girl stuck between two men, she's stuck between the whole palace. It's not easy to summarize or explain until you watch it. The summary on wiki makes it seem boring but once you watch it, it's totally different from what you thought. LSS' acting has improved in some way. Her chemistry with the guys is really well done. Esp. her and Yuan Hong/13th. The story develops in each episode and time moves really fast. When she travels back in time to the girls body, she's "13" or "14" but within just a few episodes, she's already a grown woman. Before you know it, she's in her 30s-40s so it's not a 16 year old's love story. Sorry about getting off topic, I can't help it when it comes to BBJX. XD

I think we should stop comparing he two shows, they are very different to each other, the only reason it was mentioned before was due to me poking around for another series to watch.

Back to ITWY...Apparently they will be making a movie version, which will cover YQ and DR's college life and how they went from enemies to friends then finally to best friends. It will also deal with YQ and LW's first break up. So I'm guessing covers from 18-25. They also mentioned their current married life.

Gosh...I wonder who they will fit all this in under 2 hours.

Mag, the author, said that in one of her brainstorming sessions, she actually wrote that YQ was dating LW back in college and he gave her a ring, a ring that was too large, and she lost it one day, she was frantically looking for it and DR came to help,he found the ring and they became friends. She disliked the idea afterwards so deleted that section.

Thank god. I would have tainted YQ and DR's relationship if she had gone about it that way. Since DR was one of the reason's why LW and YQ's relationship was so rocky.
    Currently in love with Bae Suzy...for superficial reasons.

Skimming quickly through the past posts, I have to say I'm rather confused by the comparisons between ITWY and BBJX. They are two drastically different shows, time period not withstanding.

ITWY is a brilliantly written, directed and acted modern drama with a cliched story line about the girl finally realising her true love was her best friend - the one that's been with her through thick and thin. The beauty of the story was how realistic the characters were and how touching some of the dialogue and character interactions were. Of course, throw in those gorgeous outfits and shoes (yes, it was the shoes which pulled me in at first) and I'm totally sold!

BBJX is equally fantastic in its own way - I really liked the book and thought the drama was very faithful to it and captured the struggles and other interactions between the characters (eg. RuoXi and the princes, the princes themselves and with their father). It's different from ITWY's plot since BBJX is focused around RuoXi (main female) and how she gets caught up in the princes' battle for the crown.

You could say both are good love dramas but I think the feel of the two are very different. In fact, even the main female characters are dissimilar. YQ is strong, capable, stubborn and very confident in her job and life generally. When she does break down, you'd see her always turning to her best friend and generally only him. RX is more reserved... though she displays a stubborn streak at times, her situation prevents her from acting like a modern day woman and often she can only endure any suffering silently and wait it out.

Quote Originally Posted by Linda View Post
    I think we should stop comparing he two shows, they are very different to each other, the only reason it was mentioned before was due to me poking around for another series to watch.

Back to ITWY...Apparently they will be making a movie version, which will cover YQ and DR's college life and how they went from enemies to friends then finally to best friends. It will also deal with YQ and LW's first break up. So I'm guessing covers from 18-25. They also mentioned their current married life.

Gosh...I wonder who they will fit all this in under 2 hours.

Mag, the author, said that in one of her brainstorming sessions, she actually wrote that YQ was dating LW back in college and he gave her a ring, a ring that was too large, and she lost it one day, she was frantically looking for it and DR came to help,he found the ring and they became friends. She disliked the idea afterwards so deleted that section.

Thank god. I would have tainted YQ and DR's relationship if she had gone about it that way. Since DR was one of the reason's why LW and YQ's relationship was so rocky.
    I like the idea of the ring being too big but I don't like the DR part. As you said, if DR was the one who found the ring, LW and YQ's relationship would've been different.

Quote Originally Posted by ShimmerDreamz View Post
    Skimming quickly through the past posts, I have to say I'm rather confused by the comparisons between ITWY and BBJX. They are two drastically different shows, time period not withstanding.

ITWY is a brilliantly written, directed and acted modern drama with a cliched story line about the girl finally realising her true love was her best friend - the one that's been with her through thick and thin. The beauty of the story was how realistic the characters were and how touching some of the dialogue and character interactions were. Of course, throw in those gorgeous outfits and shoes (yes, it was the shoes which pulled me in at first) and I'm totally sold!

BBJX is equally fantastic in its own way - I really liked the book and thought the drama was very faithful to it and captured the struggles and other interactions between the characters (eg. RuoXi and the princes, the princes themselves and with their father). It's different from ITWY's plot since BBJX is focused around RuoXi (main female) and how she gets caught up in the princes' battle for the crown.

You could say both are good love dramas but I think the feel of the two are very different. In fact, even the main female characters are dissimilar. YQ is strong, capable, stubborn and very confident in her job and life generally. When she does break down, you'd see her always turning to her best friend and generally only him. RX is more reserved... though she displays a stubborn streak at times, her situation prevents her from acting like a modern day woman and often she can only endure any suffering silently and wait it out.
    Aha, it was mentioned because other members were looking for new dramas to watch. I think BBJX & ITWY are only similar in terms of the genre, romance. And the fact that both the main girls are in a love triangle.(somewhat)

ITWY has really good quotes. What pulled me in was the weird dream and Ariel Lin being the main character.

I don't really have anything to say about BBJX since I already explained my POV in my first comment here.

I've been attempting to write up a review for this series but find myself writing a novel instead. How do one describe this series? sigh....

The movie version of this series doesn't seem to have anymore news, no one's released any confirmation. Ariel Lin is due for her album recording and a movie (???) then she's leaving for her Masters degree in England at the end of the year. Bolin is due for another drama and 2 movies on the table, nothing concert yet. But if they don't' get a move on, this movie ain't gonna happen.

I wished someone would translate the book.

Now that this series is over I have nothing else to watch, I've given up on BBJX. I should wait until I get over ITWY to start BBJX, as not to taint it with comparison but watch it for it's own merit. Since I'm not liking LSS with a passion for some reason.

I've been attempting to write up a review for this series but find myself writing a novel instead. How do one describe this series? sigh....

The movie version of this series doesn't seem to have anymore news, no one's released any confirmation. Ariel Lin is due for her album recording and a movie (???) then she's leaving for her Masters degree in England at the end of the year. Bolin is due for another drama and 2 movies on the table, nothing concert yet. But if they don't' get a move on, this movie ain't gonna happen.

I wished someone would translate the book.

Now that this series is over I have nothing else to watch, I've given up on BBJX. I should wait until I get over ITWY to start BBJX, as not to taint it with comparison but watch it for it's own merit. Since I'm not liking LSS with a passion for some reason.
    Once you get over the comparison, you should totally watch BBJX. It takes awhile to like LSS or any other actor/actress you barely care about.

finally finished episode 5 and ding li wei shows up. he's hot!

anyhow, i find it ironic that ding li wei is the only person who's able to describe you ching ("she is a book worth reading again and again) while li da ren couldn't. of course i'm rooting for li da ren...his silent longing stares and glances and quiet desires make me root for him. well, that and the fact that he's been a very loyal and excellent best friend.

and i love the analogy/comparison that maggie is a bookmark and you ching is a favorite book...

poor maggie, she is so desperate to get married and find love that she becomes annoyingly clingy. i understand her insecurity, and i would be too if my boyfriend was so close to his female best friend. in that case, i too would suspect that there is something non-platonic going on...but if that's the case, i would give up (sure, easier said than done) because i would ultimately lose him to the best friend sooner or later.
    Last edited by patricia n; 01-26-12 at 02:33 AM.
    if you have the time and enthusiasm, please join in on the new and fabulous wuxia rpg fic /rpg discussion. (<--- click here)

i finally finished this series....and cannot stop rewatching episode 13 over and over again. the ending is so satisfying and i love how they developed the love story between cheng qing you and li da ren. how can anyone not swoon over li da ren, so steadfast in his love and loyalty. the ultimate best friend and boyfriend. i'm so glad for the mature and meaningful dialogue and well developed plot. i'm not sure if this has been mentioned, but i really appreciate how the scriptwriters didn't dumb down the parents just for the sake of more drama. the parents actually act like parents who truly know how to love their children and advise them properly. i'm also glad how both cheng qing you and li da ren remained friends with their high school classmates as well, instead of selectively only remaining friends with each other.

at the end of this series, i'm happy mostly because li da ren got what he really wanted and deserved!

and i did not realize that ariel sang the ending theme song...it's my favorite song in the drama! and of course since the director kept shoving bolin's song down our throat towards the last few episodes, i grew to like it too.

i wish there was another series that leaves me as satisfied as this series...i'm on the hunt again. maybe i'll watch some of ariel's other series...the one with hu ge (not loch).
    if you have the time and enthusiasm, please join in on the new and fabulous wuxia rpg fic /rpg discussion. (<--- click here)

A bit late on the topic but I finally get a chance to watch this series...and wow...very impressive indeed. I am usually not into TW series since most tend to drag out much longer than necessary but I find this to be an excellent watch. The ending does wrap everything up and I found the proposal and honeymoon scene hilarious. This series officially etched Ariel on my top actress list (if LOCH hasn't already done so). I am definitely looking forward to her future series and probably a couple of their movies together.

I tried to watch this series awhile back but gave up because the subtitles came and went so lighting fast. I'll give it another try when I have more free time.

I've been in shock since you calling Liu Shi Shi 'masterful'. I've never come across anyone whom I could really call 'masterful' since its such a...powerful word to use. I would always equate 'masterful' to someone being the blue print of 'how to protray' a particular character. I'm one of those people who believe acting differes from person to person, so someone being a 'master' at a particular role doesn't necessary mean they should be the blue print for future actors. Watching different actor's take on the same role is one of the joys of acting.

I've only seen Liu Shi Shi in a handful of films but jumping from passable, to adequent to finally quite ok in my books. Having you refer to her as 'masterful' is really...
    I think we're working on differing definitions of mastery. I meant mastery in terms of performance/execution.

Anyhow, I was lazy in my phrasing. I meant a "masterful" performance in the context of her BBJX performance. At least to me, LSS nailed/mastered her role as RX in terms of overall expression, character dynamics, presence.

I don't think a demonstration of mastery for a role is such a linear development process. A demonstration of mastery in acting can occur for the portrayal of a whole role or even a single scene.

I have no idea why I asked for quotes because I know them myself. I think I may've been referring to BBJX quotes as comparisan, but then that doesn't make sense. Probably wrote that line during a neural transmission hiccup .

More topic centric...

I was really impressed by the ending. The hilarity was top notch with the high school gang camping out in the next room on their wedding night. YQ's reaction upon discovering them...priceless.

I think one the elements of the series that stood out the most was the mains' dynamics with the high school gang. They were a really engaging lot and I felt sometimes served as the 'magnets' that pulled the mains together whenever they seemed to drift apart.

lol chill people.. its possible to like both bbjx and itwy.. haha ariel is my favourite actress even though i love lss as well(see how active i am at her thread LOL) haha i am tempted to watch this show again after i recommended it to my friend to watch... the directing in this is very well done... and finally the guy (who is always portrayed as guy no.2 in standard drama series) gets the girl.. the one who is always there.. always supporting her all the way.. the one who deserves her... Sunny Wang in HOT (apart from the tattoos.. excessive..) but HO THAT CHEATER! *Brings torches and forks out at the thought of it*

Hey gals and guys,

Anyone really love the pillowcases that Ariel had on her bed in this series? I happened to stumble upon the website that sells it. Check it out: http://boldloft.com/osc/index.php
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

Red face In Time With You OST Unknown Title (help!)

Does anyone know the title of the song pls? It's not in the soundtrack and I do not know if it's an actual song or just an instrumental one. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbRKLJNFEPU

Bumping thread...there is going to be a Korean Remake.

Ha Ji-won confirms return to small screen with rom-com
    South Korean actress Ha Ji-won will return to the small screen with the upcoming drama “The Time I Loved You, 7000 Days,” local media reported Friday. According to industry insiders, Ha confirmed that she would appear in the SBS drama, a year after she concluded MBC’s “Ki Empress.”

The rom-com, a remake of the 2011 Taiwanese drama “In Time With You,” will portray the lives of two longstanding friends in their 30s who develop love and friendship while facing growing-up pains. “In Time With You” was immensely popular in Taiwan, putting Bolin Chen, Lin Yi Chen on the map. The drama will begin its 16-episode run within the first half of this year.

Since her debut in 1996, the 26-year-old actress has starred in countless works both on the small and silver screens, becoming a household name here. The 36-year-old actress gained a recognition for her roles in TV drama “Damo” (2003), “Haeundae” (2009), and “Secret Garden” (2010). Most recently, Ha costarred with director-actor Ha Jung-woo in the film “Chronicle of a Blood Merchant,” released on Jan. 15.
    ([email protected])