Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: In Time with You 2011 (Bolin Chen, Ariel Lin, Director Winnie Chu)

Default In Time with You 2011 (Bolin Chen, Ariel Lin, Director Winnie Chu)

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://kojaproductions.files.wordpress.com/2011/09/intimewithyou.jpg?w=360')

Title: 我可能不會愛你 / Wo Ke Neng Bu Hui Ai Ni
    English Title: In Time with You
    Genre: Romance
    Broadcast Network: FTV / GTV
    First Aired: 2011-Sep-18

Summary

On her 30th birthday, Cheng You Qing received an email on “the symptoms of premature aging” from Li Da Ren, her best friend of 14 years. Unable to accept that Li Da Ren is like a fine wine that will get better with age and she is like a grape that will dry into a raisin as years go by, she made a bet with Li to see who will get married first before they turn 35. As she looked around for a potential husband, she discovered that she was surrounded by unacceptable candidates, like gay assistant or cheating ex-boyfriend. The only man who could love her despite her ill temper and stubbornness is her best friend. The only problem was that they both swore that they were not or will ever be romantically attracted to each other.

Cast

Ariel Lin as Cheng You Qing 程又青
    Wilson Chen as Li Da Ren 李大仁
    Chen Kuang Yi (陳匡怡) as Maggie
    Wang Yang Ming (王陽明) as Ding Li Wei 丁立威
    Lin Mei Xiu as Cheng’s mother
    Luo Bei An as Cheng’s father
    Ying Wei Min (應蔚民) as Cheng Guan Qing 程冠青
    Ma Nan (馬囡) as Guan Qing’s wife 大嫂
    Yin Qi (殷琦) as Cheng Mei Qing 程美青
    Xie Yu Wei (謝宇威) as Mei Qing’s husband 姊夫
    Zhou Dan Wei (周丹薇) as Li’s mother 李媽
    Meng Geng Ru as Li Tao Tao 李淘淘
    Jin Shi Jye (金士傑) as Bai Shu 白叔
    Jerry Huang as Henry
    Na Tie (拿鐵) as Nic
    Ma Shi Li (馬世莉) as Manager 總經理
    Joelle Lu as Grace
    Yu Han Mi (余函彌) as Lala
    Ya Zi (丫子) as Lu Xing Di 盧辛蒂
    Tsai Chang Hsien (蔡昌憲) as Di Shu 地鼠
    Zeng Wei Hao (曾威豪) as Da Cong 大叢
    Li Wei Wie (李維維) as Zi Lin 子琳
    Liu Yi Hao (劉以豪) as Mei Nan 美男
    An Wei Ling (安唯綾) as Mei Mei 美美

Some Images:
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://asian-drama.org/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/in-time-with-you-photo-01.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://asian-drama.org/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/in-time-with-you-photo-10.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://asian-drama.org/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/in-time-with-you-photo-05.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://asian-drama.org/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/in-time-with-you-photo-20.jpg')
    Last edited by Linda; 10-22-11 at 12:55 AM.
    Currently in love with Bae Suzy...for superficial reasons.

Having followed this drama from the week it started airing and waiting patiently for the eng subs to be provided. I decided I was in love with this film and wanted to share this with everyone. It's not a high budget or glossy film like other shows, or as fast pace and funny, but it has such a quiet and mature charm about it.

As its currently still airing, I can say for sure I will still love it by the end of its running time, but so far, I love everything about it.

I have been in a film slump lately as I've not enjoyed anything I watched in the past few months, the last movie/series I truly enjoyed was 49days from Korea, talking about the concept of love after death and treasuring life no matter how long you have left or when there is seemingly nothing to live for.

I had decided to pick up LOCH 2008 since I had nothing better to watch and it was on top of the pile and fell in love with Ariel Lin.

What I loved most about this show are the characters, it's refreshing to see adults act as adults, and I actually mean an adult playing an adult that acts like an adult. As oppose to an adult playing an adult that acts like a child.

You Qing and Da Ren's relationship is so teasing and sweet, they're so perfectly flawed, both strong and fragile at the same time.

I am however, offended at their implication that a 30 year old woman is old, but more offended that they portray all 25 year old as idiots.

It's hard to describe the charms of this series, it's some thing one must feel for themselves, however, be warned, this series is almost like a slice of life series hence some will find it slow paced.

I've seen Bolin in one other film, with Liu Yi Fei, it was not the best starting point, but he had a gentle charm about him that I quite like. He's Da Ren is such a nice and dependable guy that although he frustrates me so for not being able to express his feelings, he is immensely likable.

Ariel's You Qing is the more abrasive of the two, with characteristic's that are so easy to dislike, yet maybe due to the lingering emotions from LOCH, I found her You Qing quite engaging, she was such a bag of emotions filed away beneath polish veneer and bravado. Only Li Da Ren was able to see through her and really loved her for who she was, for half of their lives.

Another guilty pleasure of mine is Ariel's wardrobe and room, I love her room and love her wardrobe and can't understand why all those other people around would think her unworthy of attention just because she's 30?! She looks much nicer then all those girls around them.

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://asian-drama.org/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/itwy-ariel-lin-5.jpg')

The first episode got me addicted to the 50 signs of aging which I've taken upon myself to inflict on everyone. I admit i exhibit quite a few of these signs, and my Mum exhibits all of them.

Taken from http://asian-drama.org/the-50-signs-...emature-aging/

Here’s the list of 50 signs and symptoms which shows the start of premature aging:

01. Next to the pillow, on the side of computer’s keyboard, will have a bunch of heat rub, White Flower Embrocation oil, green oil essence and other essential oils for refreshing.
    02. Once sit down, there is a puddle of meat at belly.
    03. Somehow wake up early in the morning.
    04. Start the sleep after lying on the sofa watching prime-time series for 30 minutes.
    05. Hate the long-winding meeting with no conclusion.
    06. Feel that going to be drowned by a bunch of passwords.
    07. Very bothered by the matter that young people does not give up their seats.
    08. There is no worry to say goodbye, goodbye, goodbye to people with wrong magnetic field.
    09. Do not know how to sing the top ranking songs in KTV.
    10. Used to be able to sing KTV until dawn, now if just stay up late for one day, will be tired for a week.
    11. Eager to join network activities like Facebook to avoid being abandoned by the young.
    12. If not muttering to oneself, his mind will be knotted.
    13. The nearer the things the more easy to forget, but the older the things happened the more easy to remember instead.
    14. Feel that t-shirt at Wufenpu and street vendors are for cardboard people.
    15. Used to trouble about acne, now worry about fine wrinkles.
    16. Unless participating morning exercise of ShuaiShou martial art or temple monastery activities, it’s hard to find a gathering with people older than oneself.
    17. Feel that the words of “can we be friend?” of unfamiliar net friend is stupid and not patience.
    18. The rate and chance of meeting new friends gradually passivated.
    19. Getting more and more aware that experts’ sayings are rotten bluff.
    20. Feel the body is strange if not eating green vegetables for one day.
    21. Gradually have no patience for settling trouble for friends.
    22. Getting more and more dislike to change “habits that have been accustomed to.”
    23. Hate to overnight outside, as have to bring a lot of things.
    24. Unwittingly, bring along warm water bottle and floss.
    25. The reason for lazy to make new friends is that lazy to introduce own life from start all over again.
    26. Finally understand that “God is really busy!”
    27. Every time see a certain singer or a certain movie star passes away, will sigh again, our time has passed.
    28. Always put the “important stuff” at “important area”, but then complete forgotten about the “important area.”.
    29. When saying you have watched “Tokyo Love Story,” and know about Rika and Kanji, there is an uproar.
    30. Friends’ divorce (quantity / year) starts to surpass marriage (quantity / year).
    31. No longer interested in constellation, fortune, astrology, Tarot, gender experts and inspirational book.
    32. The chance to participate in the memorial is more than the wedding, opportunity for package “white packet” is greater than package “red packet.”
    33. No longer feel that young sexy girls or handsome guys are a type of happiness fallen from sky.
    34. Ruin the body previously, now ruined by the body.
    35. Begin to pay attention to medical news, such as whether Ginkgo biloba can prevent Alzheimer’s disease or not.
    36. Begin to feel impatient towards cell phone ring tone.
    37. Begin to care about product ingredients, manufacturers, and good fo period.
    38. I have something to tell you recently, but I forget all about it once I see you.
    39. Very critical of army of questionnaire interviewers on the street side.
    40. Begin to have fighting power to deal with fraudsters.
    41. Gradually like to buy food at traditional market.
    42. Most hate to hear “if you don’t like this, then you cannot like this” threat.
    43. Cannot sleep on bed, but once up from bed to watch TV will snore and sleep on sofa.
    44. Will not give up remembering the name that has been forgotten.
    45. Do not have any good feeling towards RAP.
    46. A bunch of people calling you as XX sister, XX brother, but you just want to ask them – shut up!
    47. Hate to celebrate birthday.
    48. Between “embarrassed” and “fighting for better value”, gradually turned to the latter.
    49. Totally not interested in the point collection reward programs of retail chain store.
    50. Suspicious of perfect, convince fully on not perfect.

The production team of In Time with You has even prepared several video slideshows that showcase the signs of early aging:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lL2C_...layer_embedded
    Last edited by Linda; 10-22-11 at 01:53 AM.

Thanks for starting this thread!

Best Taiwanese drama I've seen all year (maybe even in the last few years). Ariel is awesome as always but this is my first time seeing Bolin Chen act. The script is really good and the pace is fast. The characters have so much depth, especially Ariel's. She's strong, smart, beautiful but at the same time insecure and frustrated because society says any woman that hasn't married by age 30 is a failure. Definitely something a lot of us girls can relate to.

Btw, don't you just love it when the English title doesn't bear any resemblance to the Chinese one, which is "I May Not Love You."
    Last edited by Vienne94; 10-22-11 at 03:31 PM.

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww3.sinaimg.cn/bmiddle/6a661712jw1dmdwfuyn3rj.jpg')

Thank you for setting up this tread. Such a wonderful drama and I'd been curious why nobody started it.
    and also thanks for those 50 sign of premature aging. I have to admit, half of it already happened to me

This drama would probably not everyone's menu, with slow pace and nothing much happen at each episode. No prince in shinning armor, no cinderella, no 2nd or 3rd generation of chaebol, no comical action, BUT... if one pay a close attention, you will find each sentence, each dialog, each camera angle is a very meaningful one. It makes you smile. It makes you think. Not because it is confusing or something like that. It just make you think. I dont know how to describe it. I save so many beautiful quote from eps 1 to 6. It is not even half way through the end.

if you follow the discussion in facebook, many people admit what happen to You Qing and Da Ren, happened to them too. Love, but too scare too admit. Too scare of being rejected and stay as close friends. Some regretted it later. Some still being friends, some become lover. The point is, this story can happen to any one. people around us. So watching this drama just like reading a diary of someone we know, some one close to us, some one whose happiness is all we care about.

My all time favorite drama was All About Eve. Korean drama aired a decade ago. yes, I am hard to please. Now, even with 7 more episode to go, I will say In time with you is my all time favorite drama.

oh my...I thought no one at SPCNET would be watching this seems more people like Mainland films. XiaoLong thank you so much for the picture. I had a good laugh at work...and got told off.

I've just had the pleasure of watching the 6th episode. Dr Winnie said it was one of the best episodes and I was waiting on edge for an escalator going down to the dumps but instead I got an emotional roller-coaster of laughter and...what would be best describe as a sense of loss. Which I expect was meant, as the theme of this episode was:

28. Always put the “important stuff” at “important area”, but then complete forgotten about the “important area.”.

I had completely forgotten how funny Ariel Lin can be when she wants to be, looking forward to her romantic comedy with Bolin Chen now.

The Psycho theme song nearly killed me when it came on.

I feel like dissecting this film scene by scene but that would just be spamming and I wished I had a blog.

Quote Originally Posted by Linda View Post
    I had completely forgotten how funny Ariel Lin can be when she wants to be, looking forward to her romantic comedy with Bolin Chen now.
    Ariel's always been a natural comedian.

To be very honest, it bugs me that the series makes such a big deal about a woman turning 30. I mean she's beautiful, she's successful, yet makes it her life's tragedy that she's turning 30? It really undermines her character to be this superficial.

Oh...will patiently wait to watch this when it gets subbed. If not then will wait for vietnamese dubbing
    if you have the time and enthusiasm, please join in on the new and fabulous wuxia rpg fic /rpg discussion. (<--- click here)

xiaolong, I'm with you on that, though I think mainly because I'm not there yet so I don't really understand, but my older sister and her friends are reaching that age in the next year and they've already begun to be overly sensitive like You Qing. They are all successful business women and though I can't say they are beautiful but at least they are not hideous, so I guess You Qing predicament isn't unreal, just doesn't affect everyone.

I've tried catching a few Ariel Lin's early work, watched a couple of episode of My Secret Garden and she's funny as hell.

patricia n, you can watch it with viki subs, but I would suggest waiting for the whole thing to come out before watching, the anticipation kills me a little every week.

This weeks episode is fully subbed and was bordering on depressing, this is the first time since the series started that our main leads have been so out of tuned with each other. When Li Da Ren said they could never understand each others love life he wasn't kidding.

btw, does anyone know what OTP stands for? Recaps keep using it and I'm so behind with my internet Jargon I don't understand.

The OST is to die for. I love every single song. even if anyone doesn't check out the film, at least give the ost a try, I'm in love with Tip Toe love. Cheng You Qing's theme.

btw, does anyone know what OTP stands for? Recaps keep using it and I'm so behind with my internet Jargon I don't understand.
    OTP means "one true pairing". Ariel's OTP in this series is Bolin Chen.

I'm loving this drama. You're not the only one Linda! Yes, the songs are to die for. Such attention to detail in performance, dialogue, plot, song lyrics, emotion conveyed by singers.

If I had known ealier that it was an Ariel and Winnie Chu collaboration again, I would've been hounding this drama way before it even came out .

For some crazy reason, Ding Li Wei reminds me of 'Aladdin' and his Chinese name Wang Yang Ming reminds me of Daoist Wang Chung Yang. Eye candy but oh so shifty looking. I don't get Bolin Chen being a model, then again, my brother reminded me you don't actually have to be good looking to be a model.

Quote Originally Posted by xiaolong
    To be very honest, it bugs me that the series makes such a big deal about a woman turning 30. I mean she's beautiful, she's successful, yet makes it her life's tragedy that she's turning 30? It really undermines her character to be this superficial.
    I think it's more about the confrontation of mortality/growing old than specifically about 30. That's the theme I'm picking up anyway. It's important and very relatable, especially in the current ageing population. Being beautiful and/or successful doesn't necessarily = happiness. I guess any film that focuses on the ageing theme inadvertently touches on the subject of happiness.

30 is biologically significant for a woman, so no, I don't think the film chose wrong to hone in on the issues that can arise at this age.

Quote Originally Posted by Linda
    I love her room and love her wardrobe
    ME TOO!!! I'm still waiting for a work outfit that she wears that I don't want for myself .

I even love the dorky glasses...I due for a new pair anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by xiaolong View Post
    OTP means "one true pairing". Ariel's OTP in this series is Bolin Chen.
    omg...seriously?!

Quote Originally Posted by NuDaFu View Post
    I'm loving this drama. You're not the only one Linda! Yes, the songs are to die for. Such attention to detail in performance, dialogue, plot, song lyrics, emotion conveyed by singers.

If I had known ealier that it was an Ariel and Winnie Chu collaboration again, I would've been hounding this drama way before it even came out .
    ME TOO!!! I'm still waiting for a work outfit that she wears that I don't want for myself .

I even love the dorky glasses...I due for a new pair anyway.
    I started the drama for the same reason, its very well written and feels much like a Mills & Boon's story.

I love her outfits and her room and her perfectly styled hair, even her cute little sleeping dresses.

And after watching episode 8...I want her bike and helmet as well.

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c399/tieu_yeu_nu/ArielLin/ITWY/itwy08.png')

Hmm...don't know Mills & Boon. Must check it out. I like how their arguments seem so real, that they're so comfortable with each other they can be angry without worrying about real damage to the relationship. This makes it understandable why it so difficult moving from friends to romantic partners. Different dynamic, new set of concerns.

Forgot to mention the hair! It's stylish even when it's messy! I agree with LDW, she was uber adorable even when she was in her daggy clothes, super-sized glasses, messy pony-tail.

I like her office too...the cherry blossum design in the corner (never seen one spread across a corner).

What about that outfit when she was taking out the garbage, so sweet, but situation

Li Da Ren...poor kid! What a name! He's beginning to grow on me as an actor. Still can't see him as a particularly handsome chap. He has to be the dorkiest dork in mannerism.

click to show/hide spoilers
    Grrr...but a confession via sms!!! I like my sms but something so important - especially between such special friends - deserves at least a phone call

Not sure if it's typically Asian culture - at least Taiwan, Honk Kong, and Singapore - to think top marks automatically means one should go to top Uni. One would think it wiser to choose based on means and curriculum rather than a top Uni. Such silliness. LDR doesn't seem to me unhappy with where he's at, not according to his room that is. Then again, I get this show is also about miscommunication via misdirected assumptions.

LDR's lyrics are very interesting. Bolin Chen is not exactly what I call a competent singer, but he does have that mournful quality in his voice to suit the spirit of the song. One thing that LDR definitely lacks while CYQ has in spades, is courage to be honest. I think one can be honest, but it can no where without the guts to put it out there. LDR's song voices so much fear of confrontation, denial, helplessness.

As I got the same advice today, he needs to 'grow a set'. (my case was somewhat different tho, also not the right gender for it ).

Mills and Boon I believe is the old name to Harlequin, i.e. Harlequin Mills & Boon. I really love YQ's and DR's relationship, if put into their situation, I don't think I'll have the guts to move on. I rather have a best friend I can lean on for the rest of my life.

I love her hair, except maybe her high school hair, when I first saw it I didn't get why they just not put her in braids, then after the bike scene in episode 8, I understood. I like Maggie's hair as well, so straight and black, though she sometimes gives me the creeps, she reminds me of the girl in the Korean horror film Audition. Da Ren's hair makes him look like a lost puppy and DLW's looks like a jerk.

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c399/tieu_yeu_nu/ArielLin/ITWY/vlcsnap-2011-11-11-22h33m47s38.png')
    YES! her office...totally love her office. First time I saw the design I thought it looked awesome...same as her room. Whoever built these sets really needs a pat on the back. This is the first Taiwanese film that I notice the sets and the first set I fell in love with in a long time.

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c399/tieu_yeu_nu/ArielLin/ITWY/vlcsnap-2011-11-11-22h36m09s204.png')
    Garbage Outfit was so cute!!! I wished we could have seen it during the day since it was a summer dress. I was gobsmack like her parents when she came down those stairs in that dress to take out the garbage. she even did her make up and put on high heels.

You know I didn't get the joke with Li Da Ren's name at the start, until I read this on a Vietnamese Forum and realize what he's name means. I've gone and check out some of his work, he's a decent actor, he seems to be more comfortable in boyish roles more.

I was most pissed off at how he choose to confess after 14 freaking years. Idiot!!!

However, all the times he attempted to he always stuffed it up, he doesn't know how to express himself and she's always takes thing the wrong way. So in this sense, the SMS would have been the correct tool to use. Since there is no way she can misunderstand "I really love you".

I think the whole top mark goes to top university is an Asian Culture thing, my parents where like that and everyone else I know seems to be like that, even in Vietnam. I guess their motto is, if you're good enough to go to the best school, then why don't you? if you go to the 2nd best school then obviously you're not as good as the the ones that goes to the best school.

Did you know in this show, Maggie and "other girl who like DLW" both go to National Taiwan University? The media made a big deal out of it. Apparently almost everyone of the main leads are university graduates. including Nic. (why is he Nic? and not Nick?)

Bolin's song is one of my favorite from the OST, it was written for Li Da Ren so it was very fitting. He's singing isn't all that bad, not great but not bad. It did feel very dejected.

I rather have a best friend I can lean on for the rest of my life.
    Same . Its got to the point where I dread them actually getting together. Then again, this could be an overall feeling, as this series to me is currently so stellar that I don't want it to end. Times when one finds something so good, can't think of anything to ever compare it to.

I love her hair, except maybe her high school hair, when I first saw it I didn't get why they just not put her in braids, then after the bike scene in episode 8, I understood. I like Maggie's hair as well, so straight and black, though she sometimes gives me the creeps, she reminds me of the girl in the Korean horror film Audition. Da Ren's hair makes him look like a lost puppy and DLW's looks like a jerk.
    Yeah, high school hair is obviously a wig. Unnatural feel, but does its purpose for a sharp, no nonsense character, who has yet to claim that flair with her womanhood that she shows as a 30yo.

Maggie does seem creepy. The BTS with Bolin and Ariel trying to imitate her while doing the 'cheering up' scene during their holiday was funny. She plays a great part in spilling the beans next eppie!!! Just finished watching epi 9, I hate next epi previews! Just when I finished agonizing over 9 for a whole week, now it starts all over again.

LDR hair so scruffy! He really messed around with it epi 9!

Whoever built these sets really needs a pat on the back. This is the first Taiwanese film that I notice the sets and the first set I fell in love with in a long time.
    A lot of credit goes to the director. He did the same for ISWAK. I love attention to detail!

You know I didn't get the joke with Li Da Ren's name at the start, until I read this on a Vietnamese Forum and realize what he's name means. I've gone and check out some of his work, he's a decent actor, he seems to be more comfortable in boyish roles more.
    Yes, I still get a kick out of the play on his name. Qing Ma Ma speaks more Taiwanese, so when she says Da Ren with a Taiwanese accent, it sounds like "Da Lin", which in Cantonese can mean big boobs!

I think the whole top mark goes to top university is an Asian Culture thing, my parents where like that and everyone else I know seems to be like that, even in Vietnam. I guess their motto is, if you're good enough to go to the best school, then why don't you? if you go to the 2nd best school then obviously you're not as good as the the ones that goes to the best school.
    I know. It's such an unfortunate, even illogical, mindset. However, top Unis do attract more high profile staff/research and therefore resources, ultimately benefitting their students. Personally, I favour private educational institutions with a Liberal Arts bend. LA is not a big thing in Asia unfortunately.

Did you know in this show, Maggie and "other girl who like DLW" both go to National Taiwan University? The media made a big deal out of it. Apparently almost everyone of the main leads are university graduates. including Nic. (why is he Nic? and not Nick?)
    Interesting. Didn't know. It's so silly. Nic could come from Nicolo I suppose. Nic is more European/Gallic/chic rather than plain old Nick.

Bolin's song was written by himself. I'm impressed, as I love the actual lyrics. I think he helped write the lyrics of some others too.

Epi 9

So much to love about this epi! Deserved me pining for it the whole week.

Loved the fight over the letter. It's smart for her to only have 1/5 of the letter. Adds greater mystery and confusion than 1/2 a letter. Pride, pride, ..., so funny when strung together.

I liked the focus on LDR. Getting even more impressed with Bolin's acting. His aggravation and burst of anger in this epi constrasted so well with his usual manner. The fact that it seemed so out of place added to the intensity of his feelings IMO.

LDR's daydreaming!!!! I hope someone does an MV of them. They're so cute.

LDR and LDW's 'showdown' was interesting and strange. Kudos to the scriptwriter!!! So witty to tie in little moments/observations of You Qing, and do a LDR commentary on them...sheds everything in such a different light. Like reading a book again and seeing it from a different perspective (which is much like the analogy to describe You Qing). I'm always impressed with plotlines that can weave connections within itself, reflecting different depths and angles of perception. Kinda odd when all was said and done, then it flipped to a primal competition of 'staking his claim'. Nice little play on civil masks covering ultimately primal instincts.

Love the toilet seat chats. I suppose it must be flattering for woman to not be chosen as a bridesmaid for fear of upstaging the bride. After establishing that this was representative of You Qing as a person, I was blown away by the intelligent use of it at the end when You Qing says she would be willing to be '2nd fiddle' (someone who she is not) for the sake of her friendship for LDR. Really beautiful example of friendship on You Qing's part, but so utterly sad for LDR at this stage.

My favourite bit, when they contrast the meaning of love between Henry's proposal and her parents marriage. I admit I cried when she came to that realisation about her parents and when the father talked about his marriage. I thought epi 9 delivered this particular theme with a finesse and sweetness that deserves an Oscar.

It's been a long time since I've watched any series that have put so much thought into the themes and weave of the plot. It helps it transcend the production to something more than just an entertaining piece of media.
    Last edited by NuDaFu; 11-13-11 at 10:23 PM.

I will definitely be watching this one as I am an Ariel fan and the plot sounds intriguing.

Does anyone know whether this is the last series that Ariel filmed before announcing her break-up with acting? If so, it makes me want to watch this even more.
    *-._.-*-._.-* carpe diem *-._.-*-._.-*
    www.the-exalted-rambles.blogspot.com

She recently announced she won't shoot any more dramas in the next two to three years. Apparently this is due to health reasons - she had an op to remove a cyst from her brain in 2009.
    http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stori...138763/1/.html
    I ship Shi-Harem

Phew, I thought Ariel was dropping out of showbiz for good. But didn't she mention poor Taiwanese filming practices as one of the reasons she's leaving?

sunnydayz3, it is worth watching, if not for Ariel + Winnie Chu collaboration. That team is pure magic.

I can't imagine anything topping epi 9 for now. Its going to be a long stretch though. At 1 epi/week, this won't be finished until Feb 2012.

If scriptwriters and/or Winnie doesn't have a scene where LDR plays his little guitar while serenading his song to You Qing, I'm going to be disappointed. Too many hints leading up to such a scenario.

I'm still finding it very strange that after 14 years, LDR NOW decides to be jealous of one of You Qing's partners.

Yes, it could be because the 'threat' of marriage. But You Qing seemed clearly supportive of the day LDR gets married.

Let me bet they're going to turn it around at some point and make You Qing sweat for it. The neurotic fun the plot can have with that!!!

Quote Originally Posted by NuDaFu View Post

I can't imagine anything topping epi 9 for now. Its going to be a long stretch though. At 1 epi/week, this won't be finished until Feb 2012.
    Relax. This is only 13 episode drama and will end next month.

I absolutely love this drama and all of its layers. Winnie does such a fabulous job with some of the shots; I'm left swooning over not only You Ching-Da Ren (and admittedly, You Ching-Li Wei sometimes, too), but also just the gorgeous shots themselves!

For anyone who watched Ep. 9,
    did anyone see this article about the beef noodle boycott started by angry anti-Li Wei fans? Haha, so funny!

http://asianfanatics.net/forum/topic...st__p__7009939

NuDaFu, I can't imagine anything topping Ep. 9 right now either... but I've said that about almost every episode since the beginning. *pounce hug* I miss you! (sent you a message, btw)

Yeah, Ariel's not dropping out of showbiz for good... she's just not doing dramas anymore (at least not for several years). She said something about doing a "stage-play movie" next year as her next project.
    $this->handle_bbcode_url(str_replace('\"', '"', 'http://i289.photobucket.com/albums/ll221/cowsswim/38ba3d24f816ad268644f902.gif'), '')