Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Waking Love Up 《爱情睡醒了》

Quote Originally Posted by jadebunny9 View Post
    I gave this a shot since I really liked the original. Overall, I do like the casting in this remake better than the original. Plotwise, they're about the same...there were things off about both plots.

What really did it for me was Roooyyyyy! I've always liked Tang Yan, but when she's paired together with him, they're awesome! I think he needs to have his own thread.

I did check out My Daughter after starting this series, and let's just say I prefer Roy's hair in this drama more than in My Daughter. And how come in both dramas Tang Yan has to wear the tackiest outfits? How dare they give such shabby styles to one of the most gorgeous faces around? I really adored Qi Wei a lot in this drama, but man did I want to slap her in MD. Such an evil annoying character.
    OMG... seriously right? I am watching My Daughter right now and Qi Wei is killing it for me... her and the lady who played Baron Chen's mom... it's like @)#(*&$(#*$&(@*#$&(!!!! I am like anxiously waiting for scenes between OTP Roy and Tiffany....

Quote Originally Posted by yanange View Post
    Roy looks SUPER HOT with this new haircut, I hated his long hair in The Xiao Girls and Jia Qi Ru Mung. Roy is awesome here!! Tiffany Tang is ok in my mind, I find her so likeable! She has awesome chemistry with Roy, it's probably because it's the third time Roy and Tiffany acted together. I liked this couple in The Xia Girls as well.
    What? I really fell in love with Roy's Jia Qi Ru Meng character. I loved his longish hair and what it did for his face.
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

Quote Originally Posted by Suet Seung View Post
    What? I really fell in love with Roy's Jia Qi Ru Meng character. I loved his longish hair and what it did for his face.
    I feel that his longish hair actually makes him look old and washed-out. He's always pretty much had long hair in a lot of his Taiwanese dramas right? That's probably why I never noticed him before. Hair certainly can make a huge difference!

But either way, he has the most expressive eyes ever. Facial features wise....he's like a mix of Mike He, Vincent Jiao, and Ambrose Hsu (at certain angles).

I am currently watching WLU on Viki.com ep 28. In eng subs. Can someone tell me if Roy starts remembering some of his Past with xiao bei as xiao yu?

Quote Originally Posted by Jamiedung View Post
    I am currently watching WLU on Viki.com ep 28. In eng subs. Can someone tell me if Roy starts remembering some of his Past with xiao bei as xiao yu?
    I believe he does start remember, but it's not like dramatic or anything.

Quote Originally Posted by 118mjl View Post
    I believe he does start remember, but it's not like dramatic or anything.
    I believe in the Taiwanese version of PTF, he never regained his past memories with the girl, even though they had a happy ending. That did sorta kill it for me since it would be very very sad since some of their sweetest moments were during that period. In this version, I'm not really clear if he remembers his days as Xiao Yu or just getting the feeling that he is Xiao Yu...

I believe in the Taiwanese version of PTF, he never regained his past memories with the girl, even though they had a happy ending. That did sorta kill it for me since it would be very very sad since some of their sweetest moments were during that period. In this version, I'm not really clear if he remembers his days as Xiao Yu or just getting the feeling that he is Xiao Yu...
    He actually did because in the later episodes he had flashbacks of xiaoyu's experiences... so it was pretty explicit he started remembering, but it wasn't as dramatic as the korean version where it hit the guy all at once in the typical dramatic kdrama way...

So does tianqi start falling in love with xiao bei because he began to remember/feel like himself as xiao yu, or did she win the cold, iron- fisted, arrogant Xiang tianqi over ?

Quote Originally Posted by Jamiedung View Post
    So does tianqi start falling in love with xiao bei because he began to remember/feel like himself as xiao yu, or did she win the cold, iron- fisted, arrogant Xiang tianqi over ?
    Oh no... she won cold hearted tianqi over... and later on, after he falls head over heels with her, tianqi's fiancee got into that accident and he had to marry her, right before he married her was when he started having flashbacks (kind of began when he went to the old grandma's winery place)....

So yea, it kind of stayed to true to the korean original... tianqi's character fell in love with xiao bei twice once when he was xiao yu and once when he was tianqi, so it was totally destined...

I agree. Like Tian Qi said before...they're destined to be together. Even before he became Xiao Yu, Tian Qi was already quite nice to her. Although he was a cold-hearted person, he was actually very tolerant of this annoying girl who was always screaming at him and causing bad luck for him. She stole his ring, stole his shoes he bought for his fiancee, indirectly caused his car to be all messed up, broke and indirectly caused his laptop to be stolen, etc. In return, he gifted her the white princess dress and helped her take the piano home. Despite all the trouble they went through, he was still impressed when she did her sand demonstration, and he even smiled when she got into the top 10. He actually questioned himself when he randomly pulled her into a kiss (when she was wearing her cute short green dress that her mom made for her), and it was this image that flashed through his mind as he got in his first accident. If they continued meeting, he probably would have fallen for her eventually.

Love the discussions on this thread!! I've been marathoning this drama and it makes you feel all warm and fuzzy and gooey inside

Does anyone have the full studio version to theme song by Yuan Cheng Jie (袁成杰) called Ai Qing Shui Xing Le (爱情睡醒了)?
    I found the Korean version of the song if anyone is looking for it ^^

you found the korean version? omg!! i was looking for it for such a long time!! where'd you find it?

Quote Originally Posted by bravepanda View Post
    you found the korean version? omg!! i was looking for it for such a long time!! where'd you find it?
    http://www.tudou.com/programs/view/w..._06_02_99?fr=1

You can convert it to mp3 with an online converter!

Quote Originally Posted by atsu-chan View Post
    http://www.tudou.com/programs/view/w..._06_02_99?fr=1

You can convert it to mp3 with an online converter!
    you're such the best person ever <3 thanks so muuuch ^___^

Does anyone know who sang this version?

that's so cool :O

Do they have kversion because this is airing on Korean tv now?

Love Tang yan and Roy pairing!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by bumbleberri View Post
    Does anyone know who sang this version?

that's so cool :O

Do they have kversion because this is airing on Korean tv now?

Love Tang yan and Roy pairing!
    The Korean version is called LaLaLa sung by Sung Joo Han and it was played throughout the Mainland version of this drama! It's a very different flavor than Yuan ChengJie's version. I don't know if they're showing this on Korean TV now...

i love the drama, wish there was a bit more comedy then it would be awesome but still excellent love both roy and tiff
    Aaron Yan Mike He
    Yamapi Kim HyunJoong Lee Joon Lee HongKi

I agree. Like Tian Qi said before...they're destined to be together. Even before he became Xiao Yu, Tian Qi was already quite nice to her. Although he was a cold-hearted person, he was actually very tolerant of this annoying girl who was always screaming at him and causing bad luck for him. She stole his ring, stole his shoes he bought for his fiancee, indirectly caused his car to be all messed up, broke and indirectly caused his laptop to be stolen, etc. In return, he gifted her the white princess dress and helped her take the piano home. Despite all the trouble they went through, he was still impressed when she did her sand demonstration, and he even smiled when she got into the top 10. He actually questioned himself when he randomly pulled her into a kiss (when she was wearing her cute short green dress that her mom made for her), and it was this image that flashed through his mind as he got in his first accident. If they continued meeting, he probably would have fallen for her eventually.
    Exactly! Tian Qi may seem like a cold businessman, but that is probably his father's influence and wish for him to be a powerful man, but really underneath all that, he's Xiao Yu. He likes having a family that jokes around and play with each other as seen in the earlier episode where he watched Xiao Bei's family together. He never smiled much before, but with Xiao Bei he smiles a lot more than usual.

Someone said that Tian Qi loved Zhi Qing before, but I don't think he ever truly loved her from the heart. From the beginning to when he lost his memory, he had more spark of chemistry with Xiao Bei than Zhi Qing.

I just keep wondering what happned to Granny Hua Zi, it just seems like they decide to sell the Tao Hua wine without even asking her for permission and took all her wine w/o a word. It seems like a plot hole here. How can you involve the entire village in this wine business, but somehow forget Granny Hua Zi. Where's the logic here?
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

this series is out already?

Yes, of course it's out. You can watch it at YouTube. OR Sugoideas.com (:
    * CHARMAINE SHEH 佘詩曼 * KENNETH MA 馬國明 * TAVIA YEUNG 楊怡 * TIFFANY TANG 唐嫣 * HU GE 胡歌 * YUAN SHAN SHAN 袁姍姍 * ROY CHIU 邱澤 * FALA CHAN 陳法拉 * MYOLIE WU 胡杏兒 * LINDA CHUNG 鍾嘉欣 * SUNNY CHAN 陳錦鴻 *