Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Mulan/ Jin Guo Da Jiang Jun 巾帼大将军 - Elanne Kwong, Yuan Hong, Chen Sicheng

Have you tried PPTV (assuming you have VPN and have access), I think youtube may have some but if you want them Eng Subbed then you probably only have Viki since most of the others like PPTV, Maplestage, Baidu, Youku and all are all Chinese based and some are blocked if you are not viewing from PRC China. Good Luck.

You can use Express VPN and choose Hongkong as your IP then you can watch all the mainland series on those PPS/LETV/Youkou.
    This series is up to 26 now on those streaming sites. But the start was pretty goofy Mulan so I didn't continue. HXM's Yue Fei was much better but seems SPCNET just plain ignored it.

Thanks for the tip Surferket!

Recently finished watching this.

Appreciate it more and more after
    Repeated watches. Even my mum likes it .

The draggy parts I find is from the court politics. It's still necessary and good, and successfully injects a dose of realistic ugliness to ye plot, but I think they overdid it. It almost seemed like they lengthened the court intrigue jut to give due screen time to Pan Hong/Queen (famous veteran actress).

Yuan Hong was hilarious as the bumbling Zhao Yu. I'm really surprised and impressed, because I've only ever seen him in cool an dashing roles.

Elanne Kong did really well. Her role was a huge challenge for a relative newbie - the Hua Ruo Lan being the title figure. Can't say I can fault her even with numerous watches. Elanne captured the raw fear of facing warfare, yet appeared really beautiful (even luminous in some instances) as a female. Her chemistry with Xhao Yu and Yang Jun was believable.

I've never seen Chen Si Cheng. I agree with everyone...he was über hot . Really engaging performance.

Too bad instrumentals aren't available. The music was devine in the show.

I just started watching this tonight! It's so good so far, I love how pretty Elanne is for her role! (This seems like a good continuation for Lan Ling Wang cus Yang Kang took the throne from the YuWen family like they said he would at the end of LLW :3) Also, I don't like poor Yuan Hong as a ditzy scholar but he's still bubbly and adorable! I can't wait to watch more and see how the story progresses!

Quote Originally Posted by AcrossTime View Post
    I just started watching this tonight! It's so good so far, I love how pretty Elanne is for her role! (This seems like a good continuation for Lan Ling Wang cus Yang Kang took the throne from the YuWen family like they said he would at the end of LLW :3) Also, I don't like poor Yuan Hong as a ditzy scholar but he's still bubbly and adorable! I can't wait to watch more and see how the story progresses!

omgawd, i'm still waiting for subs did you know there's another mulan version too, AcrossTime? http://www.viki.com/videos/1007254v-...ulan-episode-1

Oh, the version you linked doesn't look as good as this current one though. I think Elanne is really well suited for the role of Mulan, it's actually quite different from the disney cartoon. It's really more of a realistic version which is nice too because of the addition of Zhao Yu played by Yuan Hong. Although very derpy at the beginning, his character has a very nice development. Hmm, should I do some summary/ critique XD It seems as though this drama isn't very popular but it is definitely one of the better ones that have been released these few years.

Oh, the version you linked doesn't look as good as this current one though. I think Elanne is really well suited for the role of Mulan, it's actually quite different from the disney cartoon. It's really more of a realistic version which is nice too because of the addition of Zhao Yu played by Yuan Hong. Although very derpy at the beginning, his character has a very nice development. Hmm, should I do some summary/ critique XD It seems as though this drama isn't very popular but it is definitely one of the better ones that have been released these few years.
    I'm so glad to see you back here again. Yes, please do some summary critique if you get the chance, since I have to wait on subs. side note, is the general in this one, the general of daniel chan's character in Lan Ling Wang? do you know who I am talking about, AcrossTime?

This seems like a good continuation for Lan Ling Wang cus Yang Kang took the throne from the YuWen family like they said he would at the end of LLW :3)
    The plot, dialogue, and collective acting in Mulan I felt was superior to LLW. LLW had Ariel as a plus, but that was about it.

There is a point - although somewhat contrived - at the end to why Zhao Yu is so bookish.

click to show/hide spoilers
    The epidemic featured at the end of the series could only be cured by a herbal formula that needed two vital ingredients: one from China and another from Rou Ran territory (Qian Jin Cao/Thousand Gold Grass). Zhao Yu was the one who figured out the antidote formula and thus had the knowledge to help Mulan bargain with the Khan for time and right to search for the herb in enemy territory.

The smart cookie basically ended the war and attained peace with some nifty medical insight.

The scholar instead of the warrior won the day. Which is actually in line with Chinese cultural emphasis on the literati rather than the warrior.