Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Night of the Spring 《寂寞空庭春欲晚》

Quote Originally Posted by xiaolong View Post

BTW, isn't Chun Wan starting to film very soon? I believe December is slated as starting date.
    It got postponed based on what I heard from the writer's weibo to January or something. I think Guo Baoxian is still writing/editing the script. I've become her fan (even more than Hawick ) after watching her adaptation of Sealed with a Kiss onscreen, with the exception of that disappointing ending. Anyway, I think she learned her lesson and hopefully write something even more entertaining for this series.

Honestly, the script is the total backbone for any good drama. Recall the horrible screenplay for the Girl in Blue. hahaha...
    Last edited by JoleCole; 12-09-11 at 03:46 PM.
    Need to stop being lazy...

Well, he never got a good lead role in Tangren, so no loss. I'm still gobsmacked at what a bad job Tangren made of Tian Ya Zhi Nu with some of the most blue-blooded veterans in the industry there, i.e. Amy Chan, Cheng Pei Pei, Damian Lau...and then there was Janine Chang who never made a bad choice in her productions until this. YH & LSS had to be there as employees of Tangren (YH was employed at that time), but Janine, Amy Chan & Cheng Pei Pei were there by choice?! What happened?

BTW, isn't Chun Wan starting to film very soon? I believe December is slated as starting date.
    I know Tian Ya Zhi Nu was a bore, I fast forwarded so much of it, it bored me to tears, script was extremely bad, sorry but Janine Chang can't act very well, she reads her lines and she looks pretty, even in Black & White with Vic Zhou, she was bad in that, in White Tower, atrocious, though I admit she is very pretty and she is pretty smart and intelligent since she went to the best university in Taiwan. Yuan Hong & LSS was so bad in it, I think it's because of the script, the directing wasn't even that bad in it, cause it's the same director as BBJX, that drama was just em..........boring.

Oh.....Chun Wan only starts in filming in Jan, I like the scriptwriter, she is very talented considering how she made SWAK so much better than the novel. She filled in a lot of the blanks and built the characters a lot stronger with many of the characters. Looking forward to her work!

I just found out that Vivian Wu will play Empress Dowager Xiao Zhuang in Chun Wan. Vivian Wu the American Chinese actress who starred in 1990s Hollywood movies like The Last Emperor and Joy Luck Club, and then Madam Chiang Kai Shek in The Soong Sisters and Founding of a Republic. Wow, I like her!
    I ship Shi-Harem

Quote Originally Posted by IloveMimiLo View Post
    Cool , love Hawick! Other then TOng li ya who else are female actress? Tong li Ya is not my cup of tea, she doesn't strike it for me as a lead actress!
    I'm looking for Hawick's new projects after SWAK, but for some reason, this night spring doesn't excite me as much.
    Perhaps just like ILoveMimiLo, Tong Li Ya doesn't strike me as a female lead actress. Or Perhaps, it's the half bald of Hawick's hair .
    But we'll see...I may change my mind after I watch the series.

actually, she's the lead female in beijing love stories, which will soon air. she's beautiful, but perhaps never given a chance to shine with her dull roles.
    if you have the time and enthusiasm, please join in on the new and fabulous wuxia rpg fic /rpg discussion. (<--- click here)

Chun Wan's scriptwriter has confirmed that the production will start filming only in March 2012.
    I ship Shi-Harem

Chun Wan's scriptwriter has confirmed that the production will start filming only in March 2012.
    It looks like there's a change of plan again. I just read on the producer's weibo that Night of Spring may be pushed to May 2012. The production company is first shooting a modern series based on Tonghua's novel first. Now it's questionable whether Hawick will have time to play Kangxi. Some of his "higher echelon" fans with insider info are implying that he may not be able to take this role. I wonder if Yuan Hong will have the same problem?

Edit: One of Hawick's agents from Mei Ah said that the reason behind the delay in production is due to some permitting issue they have with SARFT. I think SARFT have some problems with the script/story.
    Last edited by JoleCole; 02-04-12 at 03:15 PM.
    Need to stop being lazy...