Thread: Hui Juk vs. Kiu Fung, ROCH Hung 7 Gung, and ROCH Gwok Jing (Hong Lung 18 Palms users)

Default Hui Juk vs. Kiu Fung, ROCH Hung 7 Gung, and ROCH Gwok Jing (Hong Lung 18 Palms users)

We've seen Hui Juk effortlessly tank the mightiest blows of Kau Mor Tze, which is impressive, but do you think Hui Juk could tank the collective might of the three greatest Hong Lung 18 Palms users: Kiu Fung, North Beggar Hung 7 Gung (before his death in ROCH), and Gwok Jing (at the time ROCH ended), simultaneously?

Without a doubt. XZ (Hui Juk) had over 270 years of cumulative inner energy even though he was unable to tap into most of it, it was stated that he was only able to use 20-30% of his capacity. However, with his BMJQ/ Immense Inner power against the strikes of h7g/gj/kf, [KF (Was known to have equal str to JMZ)], this would be very possible.

Logically, KF = JMZ (In energy) > GJ (This would be a 8-2) fight, KF=JMZ > H7G (100%)

[XZ > KF, XZ> JMZ [Was seen in the show/novel, like you said EASILY withstood his strikes , XZ> GJ ] - 100%

However, if this was the 1982 TVB version of DGSD where all the main characters are so overpowered to the point where sweeps was defeated by MRB, then prob not. [This scene really ruined it for me, the rest of the show was so good], but Sweeps losing to MRB, cmon, typical TVB making up shit, tvb fantasy lalaland kinda stuff.

But if we're going by the novel, XZ would easily withstand their hl18z without much troubles, his inner energy, bmjz would be way too much. XZ is probably the second strongest pugilist in Jin Yong's wuxia world.

1st would be Sweeps, Then XZ. I'm a perfectionist so I do not care for DGQB (Who didn't even prove himself to be greater than anyone, was quite an inventor though (I'll give him that). Shi po Tian could also be arguably stronger than XZ but in my opinion, still levels below XZ.

Also, XZ by the third edition actually learned XL28Z so , add him to your list. XZ vs XZ () Haha, but really XZ would easily be able to accomplish this feat.
    Last edited by Mobyz; 11-22-11 at 03:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mobyz View Post
    XZ (Hui Juk) had over 270 years of cumulative inner energy even though he was unable to tap into most of it, it was stated that he was only able to use 20-30% of his capacity.
    No, you read it wrong.

This is what's said in the novel:
    虛竹為了要替三十六洞、七十二島的群豪解除生死符,在這天山六陽掌上用功甚勤,種種精微變化全已瞭然於胸, 而靈鷲宮地底石壁上的圖譜,更令他大悟其中奧妙。不過他從未用之與人過招對拆,少了練習,一上來便與一位當 今數一數二的高手生死相搏,掌法雖高,內力雖強,使得出來的卻不過二三成而已。
    And my rough translation:
    Because XZ needed to help the 36 Caves/72 Islands members remove their Life-Death Talisman, he worked very hard on his Tian Shan Liu Yang Palm, and has become familiar with all its variations. And the pictorial instructions engraved on Lingjiu Palace's basement wall also allowed him to gain a deep understanding in this technique. But since he has never used it against another person before, he lacks practice, and now in his first fight he is up against one of the top fighters, so even though his palm technique is really advance, his inner power is really strong, he is only able to use it at 20-30% effectiveness.
    If you read the whole paragraph, it's obvious that the 20-30% is referring to his proficiency in his palm technique, Tian Shan Liu Yang Palm.

And you're not the only one who's made this mistake. I've debated with plenty of JY readers who misread this part of the novel. They only saw the "his inner power is really strong, he is only able to use it at 20-30% effectiveness" part and claimed that he could only use 20-30% of his inner power.

His control of his inner power was actually quite good by that time, even though JMZ noticed that XZ couldn't fully control his Xiao Wu Xiang Gong. "Not fully" is definitely much much better than 20-30%, though.

XZ> JMZ [Was seen in the show/novel, like you said EASILY withstood his strikes]
    Not as simple as that. At the time in Shaolin, JMZ was able to land hits after hits. And it was only because of XZ's tremendous amount of inner power that he wasn't badly injured. But as soon as JMZ pulled out a weapon XZ's inner power couldn't save him anymore.

What JMZ did might be dishonourable, but it does show that had this fight been a weapon fight at the beginning, JMZ would've been able to cut XZ down, easily.

JMZ > XZ, at the time of the fight. But obviously, XZ later went on and made improvements and he hadn't reached his peak during this battle in Shaolin.
    Last edited by Kenny; 11-22-11 at 06:43 PM.