Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Legend of Chu and Han 《楚汉传奇》

Quote Originally Posted by xiaolong View Post
    Peter Ho in armour looks smokin' HOT! Imagine he wanted to be a simpering helpless male damsel-in-distress in The Sorcerer and The White Snake, LOL.
    I know, right? Isn't that just so totally wrong?

I can't wait to see this series! So much action! He looks wonderful in armor!

Is this series seriously not being broadcast till 2013??!!!! So we have to wait another year?

After watching DQZD I really want to watch a continuation of the time period! Maybe I will go give HG's "the Myth" another try instead while waiting for this one to come out...

Quote Originally Posted by mango_cake View Post
    Is this series seriously not being broadcast till 2013??!!!! So we have to wait another year?

After watching DQZD I really want to watch a continuation of the time period! Maybe I will go give HG's "the Myth" another try instead while waiting for this one to come out...
    2013! OMG such a long wait!

^ I'm not sure either! I'm just going by what it says on the first page of this thread, does anyone know if this is actually accurate or if maybe it's been moved up at all?? Feels like it's been in production for a long time...

^ I'm not sure either! I'm just going by what it says on the first page of this thread, does anyone know if this is actually accurate or if maybe it's been moved up at all?? Feels like it's been in production for a long time...
    Yeah it does, doesn't it? But then again maybe because of the big battle scenes they need more time to film/produce?

I think you're right about the 2013 release...

How about watching Chu Han 2012 first? starring Anthony Wong as Liu Bang

^ Whoa there's another one?? XD

Wow, that makes like 3 TV series + 2 movies within a year...plus there was just recently a TV series barely 2 years ago about the same topic too!

Anyways I'll definitely check out the trailer later when I have time and see how it is. So is it out yet or is it upcoming? And who's playing the other mains like Xiang Yu, Yu Ji, Lu Zhi, etc...?

^ Whoa there's another one?? XD

Wow, that makes like 3 TV series + 2 movies within a year...plus there was just recently a TV series barely 2 years ago about the same topic too!

Anyways I'll definitely check out the trailer later when I have time and see how it is. So is it out yet or is it upcoming? And who's playing the other mains like Xiang Yu, Yu Ji, Lu Zhi, etc...?

the myth was boring zzzzz not that much about chu and han but more about some stupid love story with hu ge. It must have been the myth that the mainland restricted the 66 episodes of Journey to the West 2011..... that what one of the guy I was playing on WoW with said...

the cast and role is shown at the end of the trailer with name and everything....

^ I know, that's why I gave up on "the Myth" after like 3 episodes...lol. But it's the only series based on this time period that's out now (other 3 still in production) and I like most of the cast so...

Anyways, just saw the trailer! Very promising! Omg, Kou Shixun (Qin Shihuang from DQZD) is also playing Qin Shihuang in this one! Nice bit of continuity there, haha...But perhaps not a total surprise--I notice that Chen Jialin is involved in this production as well (he was also part of DQZD).

Only complaint is...well, I'm being shallow but not enough eyecandy in this series. I usually have a lot more motivation for watching a series if I like at least one or two of the main actors. But, all of them seem to fit their character quite well. Except that I don't find Yu Ji beautiful enough...LYF is definitely the prettiest Yu Ji so far though I disliked her portrayal (probably the writing was at fault, she came off as way too "damsel in distress").

Xiang Yu and Yu Ji poster.
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww1.sinaimg.cn/bmiddle/473843a6jw1drprgk8c1ej.jpg')
    I ship Shi-Harem

Definitely looking forward to this drama! Really like the female lead cast (Li Yi Xiao in particular), but like mango and patricia, I don't really think CDM and Peter really suit their characters.

BUT I'll probably still pull through because of the storyline and action.

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww1.sinaimg.cn/large/6fe6b187gw1dsd1x9x8zqj.jpg')
    Last edited by H.Ge-C.Liu; 04-26-12 at 03:33 AM.
    Biases: Hu Ge, Qiao Zhenyu, Liu Shi Shi
    Jiang Hu Fansubs - Recruiting members (especially translators).

都说改朝换代要顺天应人,我看不是。王道、以德服人,霸道、以力服人,两者缺一不可。这天下还 是要治。---#刘邦说# 人心还是要管 要王霸兼用 这叫敬天治人.

Last scene:
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww3.sinaimg.cn/large/8437f38djw1dse4dhk135j.jpg')

Even though CDM looks a bit too scholarly, he is definitely better than the Liu Bang I saw in The Myth 2010.

Youku interviewing Yu Ji:

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww1.sinaimg.cn/large/8437f38djw1dsm5i0tlupj.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww4.sinaimg.cn/large/61e7f4aajw1dsmakyiumdj.jpg')
    Last edited by H.Ge-C.Liu; 05-04-12 at 05:49 AM.

OMG, it's called "King's War" in English?

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.ccvic.com/uploadfile/2012/0416/20120416033621181.jpg')
    I ship Shi-Harem

^^It says Legend of Chu and Han on some stills and official costumes, but the recently released poster of Xiang Yu shows 'King's War' (oh, and the poster above is fan-made..right?). Before they confirm the title, I'm just going with Legend of Chu and Han (I was about to abbreviate it into LOCH ).

Xiang Yu & Yu Ji:

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww1.sinaimg.cn/large/8437f38djw1dspk7911gaj.jpg')

Quote Originally Posted by H.Ge-C.Liu View Post
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww3.sinaimg.cn/large/8437f38djw1dse4dhk135j.jpg')
    (last two pics) reminds me of CP3... *sigh* I miss that series
    喜欢一个人不就是应该让她感到幸福,让她快乐。别给他带来困扰 - 孟天楚/刑名师爷

^^Yup, the Qin Palace. It was the main hall of Mt. Emei in YZM as well.

LYX:
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww4.sinaimg.cn/large/8437f38djw1dsrzhuk5sej.jpg')