Peter Ho as Xiang Yu
    Ruby Lin as Yu Ji
    Hu Dong as Ying Bu
    Sun Hai Ying as Fan Zeng
    Yang Li Xin as Xiao He
    Liu Yu Xin as Lady Qi
    Qin Lan as Lu Zhi
    Hua Han (华汉) as Han Xin

Three Kingdoms director, Gao Xi Xi, helms this epic TV production about the Chu–Han Contention.

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww4.sinaimg.cn/large/4ed1d20cjw1dn859lw3ckj.jpg')

HOT! Peter Ho as Xiang Yu.
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i40.tinypic.com/148gnwh.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i39.tinypic.com/35aptlt.jpg')

刘邦是中国历史上个性最为复杂的帝王之一,以布衣之身提三尺剑而取得天下建立大汉基业,期间遭遇无数险阻和 人情变故,可谓是“九死一生”,他果敢睿智却又狡黠阴柔,知人善用却又心中藏疑,总是有一场纠葛在心中羁绊 着,而我希望这个人物通过道明老师的诠释,可以淋漓尽致的展现他帝王之身的另一面,“汉皇千古一英雄,休笑 当年马上功。试问后来为帝者,谁人曾出范围中。

《楚汉传奇》中的项羽虽和《三国》中的吕布都称得上是天下第一猛将,也都有爱美人不爱江山的千古绝唱,不同 的是,吕布虽有虓虎之勇,而无英奇之略,是个轻狡反复,唯利是视之人;而项羽勇武古今无双,在汹涌澎湃的的 反秦浪潮中,他犹如一条巨龙,在江海中腾挪跳跃、叱咤风云,上演着一幕又一幕撼人心魄的壮举。

Liu Bang is one of the most controversial emperors in the history of China. A lowly commoner by birth, he conquered the entire country and laid the foundation for the great Han dynasty. Bold and wise, but conniving and cunning, never completely trusting even his most loyal generals, he was known to have survived 9 deaths. Gao Xi Xi quotes a famous Qing poem about Liu Bang, "The Han King was an icon of heroism only found once in a thousand years, with few in history ever matching his prowess. The subsequent emperors who followed his footsteps, who can surpass his achievements?"

Xiang Yu was renowned as the No. 1 warrior of the Chu-Han Contention times, alongside Lu Bu of Three Kingdoms. Like Lu Bu, Xiang Yu was revered in history for giving up political power for love. Xiang Yu was a warrior unmatched in history. He ruled the people in the uprising against the Qin, achieving unparalleled victories that continue to fascinate generations thereafter.

Peter Ho will play Xiang Yu, and his BFF Ruby Lin will play his beloved Consort Yu. Interestingly the upcoming big budget movie White Vengeance will have FSF as Xiang Yu and LYF as Consort Yu.
    Last edited by xiaolong; 12-18-11 at 02:23 PM.
    I ship Shi-Harem

Oooooh~ I look forward to this one the most. =D
    Out of all the Chu Han drama/movie onslaught anyway. It's going to be one big Liu Bang VS Xiang Yu year.
    Last edited by Plushie; 11-23-11 at 02:42 AM.
    << ~ Bu Bu Jing Xin Fan-Translation // Magnolia Translation Team: http://bubujingxinenglish.blogspot.com ~ >>

Besides this epic TV series, there will be two other big-budget movies on the Chu-Han contention - White Vengeance starring FSF and LYF as Xiang Yu and Consort Yu; 王的盛宴 (The Last Supper) starring Liu Ye, Daniel Wu and Yang Mi.

Both the Last Supper and White Vengeance will revolve around The Feast at Hong Gate, which now signifies treachery hidden amid festivity. It's a pivotal event that triggered the war between Liu Bang and Xiang Yu, two great generals who united to defeat the Qin, but competed to become the next Emperor.

I find it really interesting that LYF, Ruby Lin and Yang Mi are all playing the same character (Consort Yu Ji) in three separate productions. The Xiang Yu & Consort Yu couple will be played by FSF & LYF, Peter & Ruby, Daniel Wu & Yang Mi. All are definitely pairings I can get really hyped up about!!!

This 80-episode TV series, Legend of Chu and Han, will be the most expensive TV production ever made. Gao Xi Xi has a budget of 1.7 billion yuan (approx US$280 million ) on his hands for this big budget epic!
    Last edited by xiaolong; 11-23-11 at 06:24 PM.
    I ship Shi-Harem

Quote Originally Posted by xiaolong View Post
    Besides this epic TV series, there will be two other big-budget movies on the Chu-Han contention - White Vengeance starring FSF and LYF as Xiang Yu and Consort Yu; 王的盛宴 (The Last Supper) starring Liu Ye, Daniel Wu and Yang Mi.

Both the Last Supper and White Vengeance will revolve around The Feast at Hong Gate, which now signifies treachery hidden amid festivity. It's a pivotal event that triggered the war between Liu Bang and Xiang Yu, two great generals who united to defeat the Qin, but competed to become the next Emperor.

I find it really interesting that LYF, Ruby Lin and Yang Mi are all playing the same character (Consort Yu Ji) in three separate productions. The Xiang Yu & Consort Yu couple will be played by FSF & LYF, Peter & Ruby, Daniel Wu & Yang Mi. All are definitely pairings I can get really hyped up about!!!

This 80-episode TV series, Legend of Chu and Han, will be the most expensive TV production ever made. Gao Xi Xi has a budget of 1.7 billion yuan (approx US$280 million ) on his hands for this big budget epic!
    Actually, Yang Mi is no longer in The Last Supper directed by Lu Chuan. She pulled out of that project awhile ago. It's a new face that will play Consort Yu in The Last Supper.
    Need to stop being lazy...

Just a quick note: Yang Mi is actually not taking part in WDSY anymore as she couldn't fit it in her schedule...originally she did make time for it but Lu Chuan (WDSY director) was being such a slow-poke/perfectionist that he dragged out filming and so required more time than before, which YM couldn't accomodate. At any rate, I don't believe she was ever slated to play the Yu Ji role (I think that was mostly just rumours, used to play up the LYF vs YM and YM/FSF angles)--it's more likely she had the role of Concubine Qi, which is now being played by Huo Siyan after YM had to back out.

The WDSY Yu Ji is being played by He Dujuan, a relative newcomer (she's acted before but was not well-known).

It sounds like WDSY is going to be a much more serious, historically-accurate movie with a lot of effort put in. "White Vengeance", from what I heard, is a great movie--a very entertaining watch with fantastic sets and fights etc, and touching moments--but is not that true to history. (Plus, I like that WDSY actually includes other ladies such as Empress Lu and Concubine Qi, whereas it seems like the only female with any significant screentime in HMY is Yu Ji--and it seems like even she doesn't have much screentime.) Not sure about this TV series but being a GXX production it'll probably be very grand (but, being so long, they'll probably add in a lot of extra stuff to stretch it out). And...let's not even mention the other adaptation by Yu Zheng because I don't think it has anything going for it, LOL. >_<

So far I am pretty happy with all of the Xiang Yu's (except for Ming Dao but who cares about that one right? haha). But I'm not that happy with the Yu Ji's...I don't think YSS or HDJ are beautiful enough to be Yu Ji. LYF definitely fits the best in terms of looks, but I find her too boring and "vase-like" to really embody the strong-spirited Yu Ji. Ruby is passable in terms of both looks and acting but falls *just a bit* short in both. Apparently Lu Chuan spent a long time picking out his "perfect" Yu Ji so I trust that HDJ has the acting chops and onscreen aura to pull it off, but from her pics at the press conference I was really unimpressed by her looks...perhaps with the right makeup/styling/costuming she'll have the right look? (I do think she may be much more fitting for an ancient look than modern.) I don't think YSS comes close in either looks or acting.

Then again I think I am just being super picky because I don't know who I would be happy with...actually, I would've loved seeing Qin Lan as Yu Ji in WDSY rather than Empress Lu (if only she were younger--but I think she'll do a superb job as Empress Lu anyways). I'll wait for these actresses to surprise me. ^_^

At least Ruby's Yu Ji will be much better looking with tons more screen presence than Yuan Shan Shan or He Dujuan! Yeah, I forgot about Yu Zheng's Beauties of the Emperor. Yuan Shan Shan is OK as a supporting actress, but I don't see her as a leading actress.

And Peter Ho does suit Ruby in terms of age, heheh!
    Last edited by xiaolong; 11-23-11 at 07:10 PM.
    I ship Shi-Harem

At least Ruby's Yu Ji will be much better looking with tons more screen presence than Yuan Shan Shan or He Dujuan! Yeah, I forgot about Yu Zheng's Beauties of the Emperor. Yuan Shan Shan is OK as a supporting actress, but I don't see her as a leading actress.
    Well, I wouldn't really call YSS the "lead actress" in WDNR--I think Joe Chen as Empress Lu is considered the lead in that story. (She seems to be more prominent than YSS, and has a romance with both Liu Bang and Xiang Yu--I won't even go into how bizarre that is...then again, apparently in White Vengeance they're making Yu Ji have romantic connections with Liu Bang as well so I guess these directors just like going for the cliche love triangles. *sigh*) At any rate, Empress Lu is a much more interesting character (though evil) and probably a much meatier role than Yu Ji.

At this point, without having seen any of them in action yet (apart from LYF in the trailers), my personal ranking is LYF = Ruby >>> YSS. (HDJ is pretty much a question mark at this point...looks-wise I'd put her just above YSS though in ancient costuming.)
    Ruby is definitely the most experienced/best actress out of the lot but I still consider her acting just average...plus while she's really pretty, I just can't see her as a stunning famous historical beauty (especially now that she's already in her mid-30s). LYF fits perfectly looks-wise (there's not many actresses better in that respect!) but her acting is still weak--perhaps she will continue to improve and surprise in here though. But for the time being, it seems like I still have to wait for the "perfect" portrayal of Yu Ji...

Sorry to go kinda offtopic--actually I just remembered the other Chu-Han contention story--Hu Ge's "The Myth"! Which you can probably consider the "first" in this "Liu Bang/Xiang Yu" wave of dramas/movies...lol! I didn't really watch it and I don't expect it to be that true to history (considering it's a time-travel drama haha), but from the pictures, I actually did like that version of Yu Ji: (the actress is quite pretty, the costuming/hair is great, I love that she's wielding two swords, and based on the look in her eyes I think she can pull off Yu Ji's determination/strong-willed side; only thing is, her looks are a bit too "modern" rather than making me think of an "ancient beauty")

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i42.tinypic.com/x10vgj.jpg')

I'm almost tempted to go back and give that drama another go. I like that it seems that in this series, they do incorporate Yu Ji's dancing and swordplay. From what's released so far of "White Vengeance", it seems like they totally ignore this aspect of her character (hope they prove me wrong), which is a HUGE shame considering that out of all the Yu Ji actresses, I think Liu Yifei is the most skilled at dance and swordplay!

Looking forward to see pics of Ruby styled as Yu Ji...

Here's Peter Ho's Xiang Yu with director Gao Xi Xi.
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww2.sinaimg.cn/bmiddle/4ed1d20cjw1do34srwt78j.jpg')
    I ship Shi-Harem

is the cast confirm, there got to be more than this

Quote Originally Posted by bachtuyet View Post
    is the cast confirm, there got to be more than this
    Yes, lead cast is Chen Dao Ming, Peter Ho, Ruby Lin
    I ship Shi-Harem

I love Ruby but I hate her in these series. These stories tends to focus so much on history and the men more. Honestly, she does not shine in these roles. She always takes up these flower vase type of roles. She excels in those spunky type of heroine more. I rather that she do idol series. It fits her more. But she's hot commodity these days.

Peter Ho as Xiang Yu.
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww1.sinaimg.cn/large/473843a6jw1domoqrn40mj.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww1.sinaimg.cn/bmiddle/473843a6jw1dopvrg7augj.jpg')
    Last edited by xiaolong; 01-03-12 at 08:50 PM.
    I ship Shi-Harem

Action teaser for Legend of Chu & Han. Peter is soooo HOT!

SWOOOON! Great thinking on Gao Xi Xi to show off Peter's pecs in costume as Xiang Yu, the legendary warrior king who destroyed the Qin.
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i297.photobucket.com/albums/mm216/dangermousie2/iljimae/iljimae2/6c5e1810.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i297.photobucket.com/albums/mm216/dangermousie2/iljimae/iljimae2/e375d2a4.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i297.photobucket.com/albums/mm216/dangermousie2/iljimae/01877adc.jpg')
    Last edited by xiaolong; 01-15-12 at 01:37 PM.
    I ship Shi-Harem

omg. even though i hate the mustache/hair, the ARMS ahaha

No offense to all Ruby fans...but I just found out that Yu Ji is actually being played by actress 李依晓 Li Yixiao!! Makes me a lot more excited for this lol. (Ruby is very pretty but after the bits I watched of QSHF I really don't want to watch her trying to pull off another young ancient beauty... ) Not to mention Yu Ji is famed for her excellent swordplay and I can't see Ruby pulling that off. *Maybe* the dancing bits but from what I heard of QSHF (didn't watch that part myself)...I am kind of skeptical of that too.

Li Yixiao apparently has a very strong martial arts background so I really, really hope this version incorporates that part of her character. (After it was totally ignored in HMY.) Maybe this will make up for the disappointment of the Xiang Yu/Yu Ji story in White Vengeance! She might turn out to be my favourite Yu Ji of this batch (LYF was disappointing although I think that is mostly due to the writing; I'm not looking forward to YSS at all; and from what I've seen of WDSY I don't really have high hopes for that Yu Ji either).

Pics: (I really love the look of the first three; the last two aren't that great though...)

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i40.tinypic.com/k32hk9.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i41.tinypic.com/6dverm.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i41.tinypic.com/2vxeg3n.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i44.tinypic.com/2my7vxl.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i41.tinypic.com/2lwt85g.jpg')

I'm also really anticipating Qin Lan as Lu Zhi. On the other hand...I have to admit I am still not that thrilled about the male leads. I'm probably in the minority here, but I don't think Peter is that suitable for Xiang Yu. He definitely has the body, and I agree he is hot in an unconventional way (with rugged good looks), but Xiang Yu is supposed to have a refined/aristocratic air about him and I just don't see it from Peter, who looks very suitable for a tough warrior but not quite a powerful king of noble birth. (Especially in the pics from above with him half shirtless...I can appreciate his body but the vibe I'm getting is not very Xiang Yu-ish. I've seen comparisons to a "tu fei" (bandit) and caveman...and I have to agree, nothing like the image of Xiang Yu. Even though I was very skeptical of FSF as Xiang Yu, I think his portrayal might actually turn out to be my favourite one...

I'm also unsure about Chen Daoming as Liu Bang. He just looks too scholarly for me to imagine him actually leading anyone into battle, lol.

Yeah, I know, I think there was a change in cast as Ruby is too busy with her own productions. But the new Yu Ji does look more suitable for the role.
    I ship Shi-Harem

i'm sooo, soo glad it's not ruby. sorry, but she's no drop dead ancient babe. and she's beginning to look her age too (she definitely looks more young and pretty in modern wear than in ancient wear these days).
    and i too agree that peter is not suited for his role. his face does not scream refined to me...more like ghetto.
    if you have the time and enthusiasm, please join in on the new and fabulous wuxia rpg fic /rpg discussion. (<--- click here)

production started or still in casting process?

Peter Ho in armour looks smokin' HOT! Imagine he wanted to be a simpering helpless male damsel-in-distress in The Sorcerer and The White Snake, LOL.
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww4.sinaimg.cn/bmiddle/77041aecgw1dr1hyl8hynj.jpg')
    I ship Shi-Harem