Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 LastLast

Thread: Idy Chan (陳玉蓮)

andy's a player...i wouldn't put my hopes in him for idy. he also once had a huge crush on maggie siu (along with leon lai )...she is probably better off without him...but she definitely deserves someone nice. she seems very sweet and down to earth. it's too bad her relationship with chow failed because of an unreasonable potential mother in law. women!!!
    Last edited by patricia n; 06-24-06 at 06:37 PM.
    if you have the time and enthusiasm, please join in on the new and fabulous wuxia rpg fic /rpg discussion. (<--- click here)

Yeah, wouldn't it be super to have YG and XLN be a couple in real life . That would really make my day. Oh, just the thought makes me so giddy!

Andy has long been an admirer of Idy. It seems that he will always hold a special place in his heart for Idy, his "gugu" as he had mentioned multiple times. Their friendship is really sweet. I don't think he had the intention of courting her when they first met because she was dating Chow Yun Fat. Chow introduced him into the movie industry and helped him out a lot. This was during the time when tvb placed a ban on him, so he was practically unemployed for a long time. *stupid tvb *. Perhaps Andy might hold it as some type of betrayal to Chow if he goes after Idy. Plus, Andy has supposedly been a relationship with a model for 10+ years, but has always denied the rumor.

Quote Originally Posted by patricia n
    andy's a player...i wouldn't put my hopes in him for ady. he also once had a huge crush on maggie siu (along with leon lai )...she is probably better off without him...but she definitely deserves someone nice. she seems very sweet and down to earth. it's too bad her relationship with chow failed because of an unreasonable potential mother in law. women!!!
    I don't think he's a player, patricia.
    Sorry, been a fan of his for so long, don't want to think too negatively about him. I think it's hard for actors/actresses to be faithful in the entertainment industry. Consider the stress and pressure they have to endure, it's no wonder few relationships last. It's a pity for Idy that she has suffered through the years with her failed relationships. I hope she is happy now though.

eh> maggie siu? I thought she went out with Ekin for a while.. but Gigi Leung came in the pic
    Well, I am skeptical about stars.. so we might not really know why IDY was not liked by CYF's mother
    SPCNET07 Duets and Solo's for Summer 2007! Come and listen

www.soundclick.com/spcnet07

Quote Originally Posted by Sugar
    eh> maggie siu? I thought she went out with Ekin for a while.. but Gigi Leung came in the pic
    Well, I am skeptical about stars.. so we might not really know why IDY was not liked by CYF's mother
    yup, both leon lai and andy had a huge crush on maggie but she ended up picking ekin who still cheated on her! darn...are there no tvb actors who are faithful? except for miu kiu wai and felix wong...they are true to their wives.
    if you have the time and enthusiasm, please join in on the new and fabulous wuxia rpg fic /rpg discussion. (<--- click here)

well, since ekin and gigi leung broke up, it has been rumored that maggie took ekin back. they are secretly back together. if that is the case, what the heck was maggie thinking? . i'm seriously hoping she didn't take him back. once a cheater, always a cheater!

patricia, don't forget susanna au yeung pui san (adult wong yung in roch83) and her husband. they are still together after all these years.

i still think idy deserves better than andy even if he is king of hong kong. but if you're his fan then i respect that...he is a great entertainer.

i don't know what maggie is thinking. i hope those are just lies!!! ekin is not good enough for her and i have my doubts about him!

Ekin=overrated

Plus, I believe Damian Lau and Michelle Yim are still together.. right? Or i am wrong?

Anyways, Idy still rank as the best XLN overall for me
    SPCNET07 Duets and Solo's for Summer 2007! Come and listen

www.soundclick.com/spcnet07

Plus, I believe Damian Lau and Michelle Yim are still together.. right? Or i am wrong?
    i am so out of the loop...they dated? got married? huh?

Quote Originally Posted by patricia n
    i still think idy deserves better than andy even if he is king of hong kong. but if you're his fan then i respect that...he is a great entertainer.
    Yup, been enjoying him sing and act for so many years. I know he is not perfect, but humans are flawed creatures. Due to my bias nature, I just focus on him as an entertainer and try not to listen to negative news on him. Unless the news are extremely damaging, I'll think on the more positive side. My reasoning, most of what we hear are rumors . Yes, I have a double standard and can be a hypocrit. I harshly judge those actors/actresses I don't like, but are more lenient on the ones I like I'm ashamed

Since there haven't been much pics on Idy, I'll post some. I think she made a very lovely XLN. My favorite portrayal of the character. The makeup back then were darker and not as natural looking like nowadays, but Idy still managed to make her portrayal so memorable.

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img64.imageshack.us/img64/6353/015pp.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img64.imageshack.us/img64/7849/09others6pg.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img87.imageshack.us/img87/1156/198mg.jpg')

as far as i know, damian lau is still happily married and michelle yim is still with that soccer player. damian and michelle never dated, although they've worked together in several tv series/movies -- they've only been an "on screen" couple. damian did have a huge crush on her for years, but nothing more came of it.

How would you know that ANdy is a player?? I bet that if he and Idy were really together in real life that he would be really faithful to her.... He even admits that Idy is FOREVER his Gu Gu and that she will always have a place in his heart. I have been a fan of ANdy, Idy and many other stars for many years, and based on what I know about Andy... He is not a player at all...

Damian and Michelle never dated or were ever together in real life. They are good friends in real life since they have been in many series together and have known each other for many years....
    Respect other people's opinions and views. If we learn how to do that than all of these fights and arguments will not occur.

Thanks for the nice pics.

Quote Originally Posted by Trinie
    How would you know that ANdy is a player?? I bet that if he and Idy were really together in real life that he would be really faithful to her.... He even admits that Idy is FOREVER his Gu Gu and that she will always have a place in his heart. I have been a fan of ANdy, Idy and many other stars for many years, and based on what I know about Andy... He is not a player at all...

Damian and Michelle never dated or were ever together in real life. They are good friends in real life since they have been in many series together and have known each other for many years....
    i DON'T know...since i'm not a fan. however, i was a big time maggie siu's fan and i once suggested that she should have given andy a chance (he openly admitted that he really really really admired maggie too) given how ekin cheated on her and i got flamed by maggie's fans (who were ekin's haters) because they have been keeping up to date with andy and according to them, andy is a big player. i don't know and i really don't care. andy and idy were a thing of the past and now i can only hope that idy (and maggie) can both move on and find happiness with someone worthy of them.

and there's no guarantee in life. i'm not sure if idy and andy would work out. of course she would always have a place in his heart (he had the hots for her and really admired her) but that doesn't guarantee loyalty or long lasting love at the end of the day. we can speculate all we want and we'll never know. i have always preferred chow and looked how that relationship turned out.

Ah....Pat speaking of "guarantee loyalty or long lasting love at the end of the day" you must be using moi as the example of perfect undyng love, devotion and honour

Quote Originally Posted by Surferket
    Ah....Pat speaking of "guarantee loyalty or long lasting love at the end of the day" you must be using moi as the example of perfect undyng love, devotion and honour
    surf...no wonder you are so full of confidence. you somehow manage to find ways to pat yourself on the back in every post. cheers to you for your undying loyalty and avoidance of flipflopping!

/humble bow in Pat's direction

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img64.imageshack.us/img64/6353/015pp.jpg')

She is so pretty. The best Xiao Long Nu ever.

I tell you it's those smoky bedroom eyes that did it.

Isn't Andy secretly married for years? and supposedly he is like Alan Tam who is able to keep it from the public, well, Alan popped recently but Andy hasn't given in yet. That's the general consensus, I think. But yeah, Andy + Idy would have made a nice real life couple.

Hey, it seems that Idy has co-starred with all 4 Tigers except Michael Miu Kiew Wai.