Page 1 of 19 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Idy Chan (陳玉蓮)

Default Idy Chan (陳玉蓮)

I would like to dedicate this thread to my beloved actress Chan Yuk Lin who left her acting career and now she is mainly devoting herself for her personal business and some charitable activities. She used to make forever greatest XLN in the Return of Condor Heroes 1983 and she also made charming and beautiful Wong Yu Yan in the old version of DGSD. Moreover, she made an unrival role as The Princess in the Grand Canal. It is a pity that she left her acting career.

Yea, she's one of my favourite actresses in the 80s. I really love her acting and she's really very pretty in ancient costume. That's why many people called her one of the four prettiest ancient girls at that time. Her most impressive character must be XLN in The Return Of Condor Heroes. I also love her in The Grand Canal. She acted as a fortitude and clever girl in it. Her preformance in The Key Man is also great.

Idy's pic:
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://cylo.erinle.com/photos/sp_roch_behind/12.jpg') $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.myangelgarden.net/jueying/yulian/images/012.jpg')

back in the late eighties, when i was like 9 or something, she was like my fave actress...I absolutely adored her as XLN, but now as I rewatched ROCH, I find her character quite boring...and no longer having that same appeal.

and I find her WY portrayal to be very boring, and the character is not charming whatsoever. more like selfish, and unreasonably stupid to be attached to her "cousin"

I used to like her portrayal of XLN too. Back in the 80's, I was gasping for air whenever I saw her flying and floating in the air just like all the Quanzhen students who saw her awesome angelic beauty the first time around.

But when I saw the series again several years ago. I could not help myself to hit the stop button on my vcd player. She was too old to play XLN. She was also not as strikingly beautiful as I originally had in mind the first time I saw the classic ROCH84.

does anyone have some recent pictures of her? just curious how she looks like nowadays
    shin chan

You can click to see the recent photos of Idy at the website Chan Yuk Lin on-line at http://chanyuklin.virtualave.net/
    I personally think that she is as pretty as before although she might look a little bit older.

Saw her on TV like a month ago talking about cruise/food. She has shorter hair now and wrinkles are showing up more now... but she is still pretty good looking.
    Flame on I am gone...

Facebook Is the best thing since ICQ

I think she was pretty but I guess as times go by, something so old. seems boring when you compare them to the fashion and beauties from todays. Chungie when you were 9, you consider her as beautiful, but as you frew up, seeing Eugene , and many other chicksm you might not looks at Idy as beautiful you know?

also, I heard she dated Donald Chow Yun Fat but married with the title of second wife...
    SPCNET07 Duets and Solo's for Summer 2007! Come and listen

www.soundclick.com/spcnet07

In my opinion, I think Idy Chan is the best XLN. I watched ROCH 3 times, and I still love her.

She's the best XLN I' ve seen so far....I 've seen the other versions of ROCH and those actresses playing XLN are nothing compared to Idy's.

She will always be thee one and only person worthy of the title Xiao Long Nu.

so time went on, movie industries improves, things gets better.... henceforth, movie-production quality gets better, but i still reckon, she's still one heck-a XLN. I must admit, the acting back then (now that i rewatch those old serials serval times) was kinda "stiff", and the new ones at present are more realistic-and eye catchy. but still, the other actresses (carmen lee) gave me a horrible impression of the character XLN. ehhehe so thumbsup for Idy!
    "I'm madly in love with the girl that i've accidently shot with my own arrows; Xiao Yan Zi"

Oh, yes, Idy is the best XLN forever. Carmen is just beautiful but her acting was not really good. It might be because Carmen did not have that much experiences when she performed ROCH.

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://cylo.erinle.com/photos/sp_roch_sll/01.jpg')

Angry

Thanks for posting Idy Chan's photos as XLN. It is really a pity that Idy decided to quit her acting career. I still want to see her in movies or TV series.

What are her last series and movie?

have you guys ever seen idy chan as huang rong? there was a taiwanese production of LOCH in 1988. the story was different compared to LOCH 2002, but it was still really good. the thing was that the set looked like crap.

nien

I have never seen but I heard that Idy's version of Huang Rong still could not compare with Barbara. I don't know whether it was because Idy suddently change from XLN to HR in subsequent year or not.

I seen it. it wasn't all that. and yes, the settings/scenery were like crap!-- it was all staged! ... i can tell where they lay the cloth as fake grass, or big paper-looking boulders and wat not.
    and i donnu, i think Idy was much better off as XLN, her role as HR isn't as great-- she jsut doens't have that "witty" attitude like barbara did. lol.
    and the fact that they had her play both roles- the mother and daughter's was 'weird'.
    "I'm madly in love with the girl that i've accidently shot with my own arrows; Xiao Yan Zi"

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img15.photobucket.com/albums/v46/tianlongbabu/Idy%20Chan/A2829852-7.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img15.photobucket.com/albums/v46/tianlongbabu/Idy%20Chan/ROCH/A2829434-0.jpg')