Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Idy Chan (陳玉蓮)

Quote Originally Posted by Bingcute
    Idy has a very pretty eyes. She is the best Xiao Long Nu ever.

I agreed with you there, Idy Chan is the best Xiao Long Nu ever. No one ever never beat her in acting and appearance. Carman might beat her in appearance though.

Fann Wong or LYF are not beat Idy in appearance. I think LYF's XLN resembles of Fann's XLN though. And Carman's XLN resembles of Idy's XLN though.

Well, the reason why i liked Idy's look as XLN was mostly her eyes has a very "duh" look.. not a sharp and bright eyes that made her look smart.
    SPCNET07 Duets and Solo's for Summer 2007! Come and listen

www.soundclick.com/spcnet07

I think Idy looked very mature/composed as XLN. Nothing seemed to phase her. That's why I thought it was especially striking when at Loveless Valley, GSZ had people pour all those Passion Flowers onto YG (agony, agony) and XLN literally went wild in her sympathised pain. It was very interesting to watch.

That sort of Sandy quality of Idy's voice also added to XLN's sense of maturity and appeal.

Idy is also really quite good at performing the martial arts moves. It was annoying to see a hulking man be her martial stunt double sometimes. Her co-ordination and fluidity during her match with JLFW at Lu Jia Zhuang was very good. That drop and roll on the shoulder then cross fists was executed like a pro.

But, I think LYF did better in the scene where YG releases her pressure points. Idy doesn't seem to do a very good bashful/blushy expression. I think LYF is a bit more natural at it.

Comparatively though - minus Carmen and Fann because I haven't seen their ROCH versions - Idy is just the slightly better fighter than LYF. Idy is more steady and stronger with her sword/cloth than LYF. LYF looks good but doesn't seem to pack quite the punch so to speak.

Quote Originally Posted by FCsquibbles
    Idy is just the slightly better fighter than LYF. Idy is more steady and stronger with her sword/cloth than LYF. LYF looks good but doesn't seem to pack quite the punch so to speak.
    I quite agreed with you there, I think Idy had more martial art background than LYF. When Idy fight, she looks strong and cool. LYF fight looks weak and I think she resembles of Fann's XLN.

Quote Originally Posted by Showing
    I quite agreed with you there, I think Idy had more martial art background than LYF. When Idy fight, she looks strong and cool. LYF fight looks weak and I think she resembles of Fann's XLN.
    and Carmen resemble Idy...shut the hell up...Carmen isn't even close to Idy or LYF

Quote Originally Posted by crazylife123
    and Carmen resemble Idy...shut the hell up...Carmen isn't even close to Idy or LYF
    Unworthy comment.

But LYF resmebles of Fann's XLN in term of fancy customes and appearance-------that's a FACT. I've noticed that LYF's fans are so rude to other members.

Unworthy comment.

But LYF resmebles of Fann's XLN in term of fancy customes and appearance-------that's a FACT. I've noticed that LYF's fans are so rude to other members.
    It's not even about LYF...just dont understand why you claim Carmen is like Idy. Carmen isn't even in Idy's league.

Acting:

1)Idy
    2)LYF
    3)Carman

Looks(best description of xln)

1)LYF
    2)Carman
    3)Idy

but that's just my opinion.

Ok, I'm not trying to argue with you or anything because you seemed to bias of others over YF, anyway, well that's just your opinion.

How many times do you have to get it. LYF's XLN resembles of Fann's XLN in term of fancy customes and appearance: weak.

Carman's XLN resembles of Idy's XLN in term of simple customes and icy-cold strong-look.

My judgement:
    Acting:
    1) Idy Chan
    2) Carman
    3) Fann Wong
    4) LYF
    LYF's and Fann's acting similar to each other: weak and crying

Appearance:
    1) Carman
    2) Idy Chan
    They both had simple customes and their acting are a strong XLN.

This is Idy Chan's thread, respect her, don't fight and go off topic.

Ok, I'm not trying to argue with you or anything because you seemed to bias on LYF, anyway, well that's just your opinion.

How many times do you have to get it. LYF's XLN resembles of Fann's XLN in term of fancy customes and appearance: weak.

Carman's XLN resembles of Idy's XLN in term of simple customes and icy-cold strong-look.

My judgement:
    Acting:
    1) Idy Chan
    2) Carman
    3) Fann Wong
    4) LYF

Appearance:
    1) Carman
    2) Idy Chan
    They both had simple customes and their acting are a strong XLN.
    weird...i thought the 3rd edition of the novel...xln was emotionally weak...strong...? maybe jin yong shouldn't make xln emotionally weak...

Quote Originally Posted by crazylife123
    ...xln was emotionally weak...
    Oh, so XLN in this ROCH06 version is supposed to be "emotionally weak" since it followed the 3rd edition book, so no wonder why I see the clips, lyf is emotionally weak(similar to Fann's) and vulnerable.

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c215/happyday673/ROCh831Crop.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c215/happyday673/ROCh83Bright.jpg')

I scanned Idy thread and it seems that most people regard Idy as SLN or Little Dragon Girl in ROCH. So I wonder if you're her fan or SLN Idy's fan only? I mean besides ROCH, do you watch other series of Idy too?

Idy is one of the best actresses. I own almost every single series of her. Hmm...I still need to get my hands on her Huang Rong in Taiwan's version of LOCH, and I'm in no mood to get Taiwan's Raise the Red Lantern. Other than those, I have almost everything. She's my second fav, right after Barbara.

Quote Originally Posted by sakura1388
    I scanned Idy thread and it seems that most people regard Idy as SLN or Little Dragon Girl in ROCH. So I wonder if you're her fan or SLN Idy's fan only? I mean besides ROCH, do you watch other series of Idy too?
    what can we say? She may not be the prettiest.. but i think she left a deep impression on most viewers who grew wwatching the 80's version.

Actually, i watched Tian Long Ba Bau with her as Wang yu Yan, the wild bunch with Felix Wong, and Grand Canal. I saw some HSDS with Adam Cheng.. but she had a SMALL Role.

She was Huang Rong in a taiwanese LOCH version also. I still didn 't think she made a good Huang Rong.

Ok, thanks for answering! Because often i see people remember Idy as XLN (of course, it's the role that made her popular) and then comparing her with Carmen and now the newest XLN Liu Yifei. Being Idy's fan myself, I tend to be biased towards other actresses who played XLN. However, I think it's just not fair for all of them to be compared like that.

With due all respect to everyone involved in this thread, I just don't know why people couldn't focus on the topic itself .

Idy's such a versatile actress who had played in many series with many different roles. Anyway, I'm glad to see there's some of you who also watch her other series

.........yup............agreed.................idy chan is a very excellent actress............she can play sucessfully with many different roles.............she's a very talented actress.................her acting is absolutely wonderful.......i tell ya............. ............

I think she did make a good XLN, and i agree with someone that she has good posture in her fighting. I was watching Grand Canal.. and IDY has nice posture when she fights.

I wonder if this is true but during filming with Andy in ROCH, ANdy fell in love with her, but since she was with Chow Yun Fat, she kind of rejected him. I wasn't sure if the blow was too hard for him... that is what i heard.

Quote Originally Posted by Sugar
    I think she did make a good XLN, and i agree with someone that she has good posture in her fighting. I was watching Grand Canal.. and IDY has nice posture when she fights.

I wonder if this is true but during filming with Andy in ROCH, ANdy fell in love with her, but since she was with Chow Yun Fat, she kind of rejected him. I wasn't sure if the blow was too hard for him... that is what i heard.
    Maybe she had some training for that, plus good choreography directing

Yes, Andy admitted his affection toward Idy during the filming of ROCH in his autobiography and many interviews in these recent years as well. But it's also believed that Idy and Chow Yun Fat were no longer a couple during the time. Maybe Idy wasn't aware of Andy's crush on her and Andy was very aware of the relationship of Idy and Chow, so he's afraid of ruin his friendship with "senior brother" Chow Also, I think Andy was young and he could be confused with his character (Yeung Gor) into reality hehehe!

Here's an article on Idy, Chow, and Andy relalationship: Jaynestars.com - Ex-Lovers Feature: Idy Chan and Chow Yun Fat

Anyway, I think Andy and Idy made a perfect ROCH couple not only with their performance but their looks as well, esp. when Idy had a bit more mature look. Well, I don't like to compare with the new mainland ROCH couple, but SLL looks quite young and YG looks quite older. YG is supposed to be 4 years younger than SLL, he first met her when he's only 14 and she just turned 18. The majority of ROCH story focuses on the development of YG during his late teens and early 20s (17-20 years old). With the real ages of Andy (was 22) and Idy (was 23) then, they both suited really well for the roles. Idy and Andy forever ROCH

Yea, I read an article about Idy and CYF's struggling relationship. It's so sad that his mother cannot accept her. They had an off and on thing happening. Kind of like Margie and Tony. Star-crossed lovers in stardom. Now that's the hollywood side of HK. I've always wanted Idy to be with Andy though. Ah, the relationship of YG & XLN just gets to me.