Thread: Silver Spoon, Sterling Shackles 名媛望族

Default The Prominent Family 《名媛望族》

Cast:
    Damian Lau, Idy Chan, Tavia Yeung, Ron Ng, Kenneth Ma, Rebecca Zhu, Elena Kong, Mary Hon, Sire Ma, Vincent Wong, JJ Jia, Shek Sau, etc.

Episodes: 40

Default Silver Spoon, Sterling Shackles 名媛望族

Is anyone watching this? I think Tavia's nose does look really big now so I was pretty distracted by it whenever she's on!

I enjoyed the beginning but now that I realize it will be 40 episodes, I find it pretty draggy. Excellent character studies from the older cast. I want to fast forward the whole Ron Ng arc every scene he comes up.

....40? Seriously?
    .................................................. ...........

A story about a horny old... okay, it's Damian.. *well-aged man reciting cheesy lines,
    an unattractive pitiful orphaned sister's love story with Kenneth's redundant acting along with ughrepetitiveugh Ron Ng,
    and HK accent'ed English speaking Chinese men (although it seems to be less as the episodes progress) ..
    has 40fourtyempatpuluh四十 episodes?????

Okay, the show still has Elena Kong and certain nice character development + fresh story.. but pardon me for overreacting, 40 episodes is too long - as smurf said; draggy.

Unless they decided to edit it down in final broadcast - here is one of the summaries I found - 40 sljfasoeirjfoasfj episodes.

http://asianfanatics.net/forum/topic...B%26-26063%3B/

I can even understand if they have maybe 4 more sub-stories and add in another 5 characters but nope, its 2.5 main families (Rich Cheungs, Poor - Ron Ng's crew, and the half is the other lawyer and villain rich guy, well another half if you count Idy Chan's subplot with Ben Wong).

Even if Damien was able to rewrite part of the script, no humanely way he was in charge of the whole thing. Now I hear they decided to cut racy or controversial scenes - you mean they filmed more than 40 episodes!!!!!!

Ah, yes it is freakin' 40 eps. I stopped watching after the 4 or 5 one I like all the old casts (Damien & his first 3 wives), but that's not enough to watch 40 hrs of them... IDK why, but I find the romance in this series a bit repulsive. It's not because they have "racy" scenes (trust me, I've been much 'racier' lol) or the fact that Damien is a man***** or that Tavia's nose is huge lol. It didn't seem natural. The way they kissed (Damien/Tavia/Elena) was a bit awkward to watch because they look awkward. They look uncomfortable doing it. It's like they wanted to push the envelop but it only flew half way....

Also, their English gave me the creepy jeepy lol. I don't think it's bad to have English dailougue and I think it's very fitting, but shesh I can't stand the way they pronounciate.

"Wait a minute! Of Course! That's it! If I'm drunk I'll be calm and if I'm calm I'll be nice, and if I'm nice then I won't go to hell. Fix me a highball I'm going to get good and tight!"

After episode 24ish, I am really starting to like Tavia's character and looking forward to if and when she gets her fire back. Enjoying the Ben Wong/Idy Chan arc too. I still want to excise Ron Ng/Rebecca Zhu/Kenneth Ma triangle. Still cannot understand why the cop hates rich people or what exactly did the Cheung family do to Ron for him to want to exact revenge so badly. So horribly written!

I'm actually quite addicted to this series lol I wish they would release the last 10 episodes sooner...!!

http://k-tvb.net/new-series-silver-s...ling-shackles/

Hmm I'm up to episode 30, not sure about Ron getting revenge on Cheung family? All I see is him wanting to get Rebecca back..maybe itll be linked to her?