Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: NBA 2011-2012 Thread

Default NBA 2011-2012 Thread

Anyone excited for the 2011-2012 season? It looks like the Lakers may be get getting Chris Paul in a three team trade with Houston and New Orleans.

http://ca.sports.yahoo.com/nba/blog/...rn=nba-wp11564

The trade leaves the Lakers' front court pretty thin though as they lose both Odom and Gasol.

er...VETOED!

Haha. Check out the Twitter reaction.

CP3 Chris Paul
    WoW
    51 minutes ago

ReggieEvans30 ReggieEvans30
    @CP3 lol
    48 minutes ago

The NBA probably saved the Lakers from themselves. Chris Paul is a great player, but trading away Gasol *and* Odom for him would not have helped the Lakers.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng View Post
    The NBA probably saved the Lakers from themselves. Chris Paul is a great player, but trading away Gasol *and* Odom for him would not have helped the Lakers.
    They would have desperately needed Dwight Howard after that trade. I'm not sure what their salary cap looks like after that but they could then sign David West and Landry for less if they are willing to do that.

In other news Brandon Roy is going to retire. It's a wise but tough choice for him to retire at such an early age. He was an awesome player to watch. He is one of the players in the league today that I would give the ball to in the last seconds of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng View Post
    I wasn't a big fan of the trade, but with the veto, all three teams are in a much worse position than before.

If the veto stays, Chris Paul is essentially untradable and probably won't play hard for NO (if he even decides to play) and the team chemistries of both the Rockets and the Lakers would be entirely messed up.

CP3, 2nd round pick for Clippers Gordon, Minnesota 1st, Aminu, and Kaman. It's great to finally get this drama over and done with. Clippers will be an interesting team to watch this coming season. They are loaded in the PG position with CP3, Billups, Williams, and Bledsoe. Are they contenders? I don't think so.

The season starts at 12:00 with Celtics vs Knicks. This season is going to be interesting with the tight schedule and players on new team (most notably CP3 to Clippers).

Yi Jianlian has joined the Dallas Mavericks! It looks like the Mavs have found the final piece to the championship puzzle.

No comments on Jeremy Lin? Lin-sanity? Loving this kid's game.

Yeah he knows how to play. NYK have a point guard again. Something that they had not had since Felton was traded.
    Not sure how it'll work when Melo comes back. NYK will never win if Melo is on their team.

Jeremy Lin is playing great in D'Antoni system. Lin is the guy that is right for that system. Forget about Baron Davis or any other point guards on that team. Lin is the guy. I can't wait to see him play with Amare. Lin assist should go up with Amare back. I'm not excited with Melo coming back. Melo is great but I'm not sure how well he'll do with Lin running the offense. Let's see what happens.

Another great player to watch is Ricky Rubio. Didn't expect him to be putting up amazing stats. Rubio or Irving should get the Rookie of the Year.

I actually think the team will be even better with Melo and Amare back. Lin will have more viable options and the fact that both Melo and Amare demand a double team will get him a lot of open shots and even easier lanes to drive to the basket.

Never thought I would be cheering for the Knicks but I couldn't help myself watching that Lakers games

Jeremy Lin= How to get into Harvard.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-9yVnKQNj58

Lol, glad he had some sense of humour.

Han Solo
    Wuxiapedia

Quote Originally Posted by bliss
    I think they're probably at the same level as or one level below Ah Qing, which is about the level of a 2nd or 3rd generation Quan Zhen disciple.
    Troll Control

Quote Originally Posted by KChill View Post
    I actually think the team will be even better with Melo and Amare back. Lin will have more viable options and the fact that both Melo and Amare demand a double team will get him a lot of open shots and even easier lanes to drive to the basket.
    If they can coach it into Melo that Lin is in charge of the offence and his ego can accept it. Once Melo gets the ball it just becomes stand and watch for the rest of the team.

Quote Originally Posted by ROI View Post
    Never thought I would be cheering for the Knicks but I couldn't help myself watching that Lakers games
    That's exactly how I felt watching the game. Most of us around here are Lakers fans, but we all cheered for him since he's a local kid.

Quote Originally Posted by KeongJai View Post
    If they can coach it into Melo that Lin is in charge of the offence and his ego can accept it. Once Melo gets the ball it just becomes stand and watch for the rest of the team.
    Lin runs the point, he doesn't have to give the ball up to anyone, including Melo, if he doesn't want to.

Lin credits Carmelo for giving him his shot with the Knicks....

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nba/stor...armelo-anthony

Quote Originally Posted by KChill View Post
    Lin runs the point, he doesn't have to give the ball up to anyone, including Melo, if he doesn't want to.
    Yeah I know that and I don't disagree - IN THEORY. The PG is suppose to set the plays up, but if he is told to keep giving the ball to Melo by the coach, he will do it. Don't think it won't happen because if Melo isn't happy having less shots it will hurt the locker room. Then either he will demand the ball more and the coach will cave in to demands, or they trade him.

To quote your quote of myself:
    "If they can coach it into Melo that Lin is in charge of the offence and his ego can accept it."

Melo has to be like the Celtics big 3 for it to work and accept his role. If he is like Kobe then it's going to fail.