Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bottled Passion (我的如意狼君)

The more I watch of Raymond's character backstory, I am sure his character is a carbon copy of Shim Gun Wook in Bad Guy (K-Drama). The fact that he was also taken in by the family and then revealed as not the real son and getting injured and leaving a scar (except Raymond got cut by the neck and the K-drama version had the boy getting a big scar on the lower part of his back) and then growing up to exact his revenge on the family is very much like Shim Gun Wook (Kim Nam Gil's character). The Korean version came earlier like in 2010, the evil family also was rich and had an evil mother and all.

I guess the differences would be the time setting, location, and most importantly SGW's character wasn't using the people that actually mattered to him or taking advantage of innocent people like Raymond's character seem to do. Raymond's character seem to plot and scheme and use innocent people to exact his revenge on the Ko family, even to the point of using Tsui Sum.
    Last edited by Suet Seung; 01-06-12 at 01:01 AM.
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

Maybe because I watched episode 19 after finish WHB, the press conference scene seemed incredibly loud to me, but I guess the tone matched the rest of the series. Now episode 21 was a whopper!* SPOILER *He walked from day to night with a knife in his side !!! Blood spilling the whole time.... to what end?

I'm watching up to episode 5. Initially, I got a bit turn off by the deliberate 'touching' scenes. But, now, I'm beginning to like the series more and more. Interested to find out what happen next.
    什麼是朋友?朋友永遠是在你犯下不可原諒錯誤的時候,仍舊站在你那邊的笨蛋。~ 王亞瑟

和諧唔係一百個人講同一番話,係一百個人有一百句唔同嘅說話,而又互相尊重 ~ - 葉梓恩

***SPOILER***
    I have no problem with Tung Boon Sin dying, but the way he died was stupid. I just don't see how he would think that it was better for Tsui Sum to never find out what happened to him. It wasn't as if he was delusional and couldn't think straight and started to wander. He knew what and why he was doing it.

If he died crawling to meet her for dinner and fell in a hole and died there without anyone knowing, I would accept it. But if managed to walk, crawl and stagger all over the city to the forest for hours then get onto a boat all by himself, then I don't see why he wasted all that time when he could have gone to a hospital, gotten a blood transfusion and meidcal treatment and then said goodbye to Tsui Sum.

It is an awful way to end the series. But I guess they wanted to punish Tung Boon Sin for his actions even though he had a good reason. he basically ruined both Ko sister's lives with his lies.
    "Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self."
    Cyril Connolly

spoiler...

I agree the death scene was stupid.and no one in the 6 years finds a "dead" mean floating on a boat down river? so I'm wondering if the producer is trying to leave it open -- kind of..like we all assume he dies...but i wonder if they think of making sequel in future of him actually not dieing,,someone saves hiim but for some reasons he doesn't come back -- until later...

I wouldn't mind a sequel...its actually very sad that two people separate for 20 years (albeit little children love) and then meet again to only be together a few months -- or actually only a few weeks --

I felt bad for yeekiu -- but the younger sister was an idiot -- spoiled brat and think she deserved whatever...she didn't even care about her mom's death..

Quote Originally Posted by charbydis View Post
    I don't like ep 21. up to ep 20, the plot still looks ok but ep 21 is just crazy. Tong Boon Sin's choice is very hard to understand and it seems like it was just forced into the plot to gain more tears. It is against normal logic and I do think he is very stupid to do that. It just drags on for 20 minutes for no reason.

Elaine was very good in the office scene. It is the best I have ever seen her perform.
    I agree with you 100%. The ending just ruined the whole series. There seems like absolutely no reason (or any logic whatsoever) for him to choose what he did after

[spoiler]

getting stabbed. Why would the writers write that or why would the director go through with it knowing that it's an obvious flaw.I don't mind a sad or happy ending (or even a confusing one). I just hate illogical endings (kind of like I hated the "Lost" ending (but loved the series up to that point just like bottled Passion). At least with the Lost ending, they used religions as an excuse. I don't even know what the excuse is with the ending here. .
    Last edited by Bai Qi44; 01-07-12 at 02:03 AM.
    青山不改,绿水长留. 请啊!

http://www.geocities.com/wackyjlee/Others/lee.swf <----Chen Zhen (Bruce Lee version) kicking arse

[spoiler]

I'm pretty sure he didn't die if there's a sequel coming. All it showed in the end was him lying on a boat covered in blood. That's usually not death in a tv show/moive (if there's a sequel). They just wanted to know if the audience would preferred a sequel so that's why they did it that way (leave it open to interpretation). I have no problem with them having Li Ho lying on a boat covered in his blood to end the series. What I have a problem with is what you already stated. He could've easily saved himself by going to a hospital or by meeting Tsui Tsum (and dying on his way there), but instead he crawls all over the city and then onto a boat to die. That makes absolutely zero sense as he had no reason to do that.
    青山不改,绿水长留. 请啊!

http://www.geocities.com/wackyjlee/Others/lee.swf <----Chen Zhen (Bruce Lee version) kicking arse

I think we forgot the other obvious. They had telephones. He was in an office with a telephone, he could have walked to a payphone. Didn't a previous scene show Tsui Sum took more than 1/2 hour on her bike to get from the central district to the boat/port area?

I think some of the story plot elements of this series is a bit too modern for the time period. I mean the whole part where they have surveillance pictures of Joel Chan and Yoko and then Eric having pictures of various members of the Ko Family and then tacking it on the wall of a hotel to report info about the Ko family to Raymond felt really modern for me. I don't know if anyone else felt there were a lot of things that felt out of the time period/setting.
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

Quote Originally Posted by Suet Seung View Post
    I think some of the story plot elements of this series is a bit too modern for the time period. I mean the whole part where they have surveillance pictures of Joel Chan and Yoko and then Eric having pictures of various members of the Ko Family and then tacking it on the wall of a hotel to report info about the Ko family to Raymond felt really modern for me. I don't know if anyone else felt there were a lot of things that felt out of the time period/setting.
    Another modern element. Raymond Cho's character was look at a magazine of women in swimwear in episode 6. The magazine was in full color. How can that be when family photos and school year book photos are still in black and white while the magazine photos in full colors?
    什麼是朋友?朋友永遠是在你犯下不可原諒錯誤的時候,仍舊站在你那邊的笨蛋。~ 王亞瑟

和諧唔係一百個人講同一番話,係一百個人有一百句唔同嘅說話,而又互相尊重 ~ - 葉梓恩

yeah..there's definitely flaws to this series...but in general I think it was still touching...till the end...

I think you will find the acting more appreciative than these out of place modern things...

I used to didn't think too much of Raymond Wong's acting..but think he did a great job in this series...and I was very surprised with Elaine's acting too...she really has matured...

I actually wasn't too touch with Fala's and Raymond Wong's realtiosnhip in "No regret" and found it a drag then (there were some weird plots there too...like the time when I thought he was killed by japense trying to get mediciine for Fala and then all of sudden he came back -- made no sense to me that scene) -- my point is that there seems to be flaws in many series but in general see the whole "picture"...this series was pretty good to me untill the end...

i hope there is a sequel..

A little late ...

Spoiler..............

I just stayed up til 6am to finish this story because I was really rooting for Niki's and Raymond character to have a happy ending! Boo to the hoo! I am so disappointing, not because it wasn't a happy ending, but like many of you stated the last ep of the whole series, What in the Navy! Made me want to choke! Ah! I really hope they do make a sequel too!! I've read many complaints out there that Niki didn't do a real good job with her character, well not in my opinion! I think she did pretty well! I couldn't wait for Tung bon Sin and Tsui Sum scenes! The chemistry was good , but what the heck with the kiss in the end, maybe because she was lying in the hospital bed he could've gave her a more passionate kiss? LOl it was like so Bleh! Bland!

Ellian's Character remind me of Sheren's in No regret, now if you flip the story around have have the story from Ellian's character POV, it reminds me of Sharen's, the dresses and the hair. But she is much more selfish. Anyhow I couldn't take her seriously when she has her mouth open and her rabbit teeth are showing, it looks like she is always smiling.

I would like to see at least two more series with Raymond and Niki