Page 11 of 49 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: Zhu Xian (诛仙) by Ding Xiao

I've been reading Stellar Transformations more lately, and honestly I thought it was a much better xian-xia type novel, and then I reread the other chapters of Zhu Xian, and thought Zhu Xian was the much more enjoyable one.

To sum it up, the two novels have almost completely different mindframes and they're both very very good in their own rights. Thanks!

Default Great

I know, stellar transformation is kinda serious.
    I like this free and solemn style of Zhu Xian though. different .

Hey owlhoot, thanks for translating!

Just wondering what level of Chinese is needed to read this particular wuxia (I'm learning from the basics atm)

http://www.1zoom.me/big2/415/285685-aliya06.jpg

Can someone explain all of Zhang Xiao Fan's items.
    Whats with his hand & ghosts?
    Green necklace?
    Dragon on his left shoulder....i'm assuming thats to hide the fire mirror he got from the foxes?
    Does his belt do anything or is it just decoration to go with the dragon on his left shoulder?
    What other powerups did he get besides the mirror & the fire stick?
    Last edited by ptsome110; 06-24-14 at 06:35 PM.

Default Book 3, Chapter 74: YouJi - Part 1

ptsome110, np. I dun mind acknowledging everyone's thanks, besides I think that's the fun of reading online at forums, we all go through the stories together
    LuDongBin, sanfore, schnitter, HPC7595, gregfrank, SASter, bharata, alphakdi, fajar, spynet, tape, cp0089 all of you are welcome ^^
    cp0089, I think you need to at least understand traditional Chinese words. What's atm btw?

YouJi

Aunt Negar=Aunt You (her name is YouJi)

With this dream, a thousand years seemed to go pass.

He was walking alone in the dark, until he saw that village, a familiar place full of bright sunshine. He sprinted over, those familiar faces smiling and looking at him, laughing and joking.

The fresh air seemed to sweeten his heart, and allowed him to roll around freely and unrestrained on the grass patch beside the village, laughing to his heart content.

Surrounding him, a number of children appeared suddenly and leaped over. That JingYu, who was always candid, laughed loudly and said, “Do you yield or not, yield or not?”

Yield or not…..

He muttered to himself, as though repeating the words said during that time.

Heaven and Earth suddenly became dark, dark clouds hung overhead, so low that it appeared that the sky had fallen. All of people surrounding him suddenly vanished, the warm village afar also suddenly disappeared. Darkness descended onto the Earth, only a faint ray of light, shone upon that frightened and helpless child…

He suddenly cried out, “I yielded, I yielded….”

He turned around and sat up, his back was soaked in sweat and unable to stop panting.

“Xiao Fan, what happened?” A familiar voice beside him, sounded like the person was shocked, grabbed hold of Zhang Xiao Fan’s shoulders and asked urgently.

While panting, Zhang Xiao Fan looked beside him. Lin JingYu sat in front of the bed, his face was anxious and slightly haggard, staring at himself. Zhang Xiao Fan was stunned for a while, and looked around. This was a very small inn room with simple furnishings. There was only an ordinary table, chairs and a big bed. He himself was lying on the bed now, covered with a quilt.

He lowered his head, steadied himself and said, “Nothing, I had a nightmare.”

Lin JingYu looked at him, the corner of his lips twitched, and slowly loosen both of his hands.

Zhang Xiao Fan was silent for a while, and said, “Where are we?”

Lin JingYu hesitated for a while and said, “We had already left LiuBo Hill, currently we have arrived at ChangHe City located along East Ocean. This is a small inn in ChangHe City.”

Zhang Xiao Fan remained silent.

The room suddenly became very quiet, after a long time, Lin JingYu suddenly said, “Xiao Fan, don’t you have anything to tell me?”

Zhang Xiao Fan’s shoulder seemed to shake for a while. He looked up at him, this childhood companion, right now was looking deeply at himself, but that kind of gaze instead looked so distant.

He lowered his head again, slowly said, “Nothing, JingYu.”

Lin JingYu frowned, was about to say something but eventually held back.

Another period of silence, Zhang Xiao Fan spoke, “How did we come back?”

Lin JingYu sighed and said, “That day on LiuBo Hill, after you had fainted, everyone looked at you...your appearance, they looked at each other in blank dismay. Finally my teacher, Uncle teacher Tian and a few others discussed for a while and decided to bring you back first. There seemed to be some confusion within the Evil Faction sect too, and their attention seemed to be all on that strange beast so they did not try to further obstruct us, therefore we managed to return to this ChangHe City successfully.”

Zhang Xiao Fan was silent for a while and said, “How long was I like this?”

Lin JingYu said, “Already three days.”

Zhang Xiao Fan was silent again. Lin JingYu looked at him, felt a surge of agitation and couldn’t help but burst out, “Xiao Fan, what actually happened to you? How did you have …”

“JingYu!” Zhang Xiao Fan suddenly shouted out loud, interrupted Lin JingYu’s question.

Lin JingYu froze and looked at him.

Zhang Xiao Fan’s voice had also became slightly hoarse, without looking at Lin JingYu’s expression, he only hung his head and spoke in a low voice, “Don’t ask, don’t ask anymore, all right?”

Lin JingYu gritted his teeth, stood up, looked at Zhang Xiao Fan for a long time and finally turned around and walked out. But just as he was nearing the door, he suddenly turned around, faced Zhang Xiao Fan and said, “Xiao Fan, don’t worry, regardless you are … whatever reasons, I believe you, I will definitely beg teacher to say a word for you!”

Zhang Xiao Fan sat on the bed, motionless, as if he had not heard the words. Lin JingYu looked at him again, turned around resolutely and walked out. Outside the door, it appeared that there were people standing there, Lin JingYu spoke a few words to them quietly, and then the sound of his footsteps gradually faded away.

Thanks owlHoot

Thanks owlHoot

Thanks owlHoot

Thanks Owlhoot, This novel also my favorite beside The Stellar transformation

Thanks OwlHoot for the ongoing translation. I am finally getting to grips with your translation as I was still used to Mooy's earlier translation, especially the names. Now I dun need to refer back to check on who is who. Plus your translation is now getting more precised and polished.

Thanks OwlHoot

Thanks owlHoot. You have a constant speed for this translation. Thanks again...

Waiting for the big fight ... thks owlHoot.

Default Book 3, Chapter 74: YouJi - Part 2

You're welcome sanfore, spynet, HPC7595, sansxs, spynet, alphakdi, LuDongBin ^^
    Thks geraldsaw, I do my best

Just a few points, in Mooy's translations, Dark Drake Cave was used for the fox spirits fight. But I went back to check, there were 2 caves mentioned instead of one, so Dark Drake Cave was used for 2 different caves.

The cave that Zhang Xiao Fan went into, title of Mooy's Chapter 8 Dark Drake Cave, is Black Stone Cave.
    The cave mentioned in Chapter 73 was referring to Fire Dragon Cave, where the two foxes were thrown into the lava.

Dark Drake Cave=Fire Dragon Cave [Part 6 Chapter 1 Death of the Devil B]
    *In Chapter 74, Dark Drake Cave=Black Stone Cave [Chapter 8 Dark Drake Cave]
    Li Su=Li Xun (FenXiang Valley disciple who also went to the Black Stone Cave)

Inside the room, it was really quiet.

Unaware of how much time had passed, Zhang Xiao Fan slowly lifted his head, lifted his quilt, and noticed that he was still wearing the same clothes as on LiuBo Hill, presumably nobody had changed it for him. He subconsciously reached and felt for the head of the bed, but suddenly his hand stopped in mid-air.

It was empty there.

The firestick which accompanied him for all these years, disappeared.

He sat there in a daze, lips slightly quivering.

Suddenly, he bolted out from the bed, headed straight for the room’s door and jerked open the door.

The two people standing outside the door, turned back in astonishment, it was Song Daren and Du BiShu.

Looking at Zhang Xiao Fan, both of their expression seemed a bit strange, only after a long while, Du BiShu gave a dry laugh and said, “Junior, Junior brother, you have woken up?”

A ray of sunlight, from the sky behind them, shone down and shone upon Zhang Xiao Fan’s face. Zhang Xiao Fan suddenly felt faint, and his body swayed.

Song Daren’s face expression changed, without thinking, he wanted to step forward and support but the minute his hands stretched out, it withdrawn suddenly.

Zhang Xiao Fan was stunned, looking at him, the big senior brother who had always doted on him since young, his face was as white as paper.

Song Daren’s corner of his mouth twitched, eventually he still slowly said, “Little Junior brother, you are still wounded, it will be better if you stay in your room to heal, don’t wander out and walk.”

Zhang Xiao Fan slowly withdraw his body back, was about to turn around, but as if he couldn’t help it and suddenly said, “Big Senior brother, my firestick?”

Song Daren and Du BiShu’s expressions changed, after a while, Song Daren then said cooly, “Little Junior brother, your magical weapon has been kept by Teacher temporarily, you, you don’t have to worry.”

Zhang Xiao Fan did not speak further, turned around and lightly closed the door.

In another corner of the inn, inside a secluded room, Taoist Cang Song and Tian BuYi with Xiao YiCai, the three of them, sat there.

On the table that was in-between the three of them, a green-black firestick was quietly lying there.

Suddenly, a hand stretched over, and took the firestick. It was Taoist Cang Song. He placed that firestick in front of him, touching it lightly with his hand. When his hand touched the Sinister Orb at the extreme end, there was a glint of lustre sparkling faintly in his eyes, after a long while, he said, “So this is the Sinister Orb?”

Tian BuYi gave a cold snort.

Xiao YiCai looked at Tian BuYi, and looked at Taoist Cang Song, and said, “Both Uncle Teachers, what shall we do now, will like to seek your advice?”

Taoist Cang Song glanced at Xiao YiCai and said indifferently, “Xiao Nephew, you have always been resourceful and decisive, why not you give your ideas?”

Xiao YiCai shook his head and said, “This matter is too serious, I too do not know what to say!”

Cang Song Taoist looked at Tian BuYi’s livid expression and said, “Currently the most complex issue is, those fellow practitioners from Tian Yin Temple. They kept coming after us to ask how did Zhang Xiao Fan practised the Great Brahman Wisdom true way, their attitudes were agitated and fierce. If not for their in-charge, Fa Xiang, who is still sensible and tried his best to contain it, I’m afraid they would have long ago demanded us to hand over him!”

Tian BuYi coldly said, “They want to take our people? They still have to wait until we find out the truth. Beside, it is our sect’s disciple who got into trouble, it is not their business to meddle.”

Taoist Cang Song frowned, and wanted to say something but Xiao YiCai already spoken, “Speaking of this, Tian Uncle Teacher, this morning I met FenXiang Valley’s Li Senior brother, he too, he too asked us for him!”

Taoist Cang Song was stunned, Tian BuYi rolled his eyes and said angrily, “What has it to do with FenXiang Valley again?”

Xiao YiCai spoke in a low voice, “Tian Uncle Teacher, please don’t be angry, actually I also feel that FenXiang Valley was being unreasonable. Li Xun Li Senior brother said, he had entered the evil foxes den’s Black Stone Cave together with Zhang Junior brother to investigate and find one of their FenXiang Valley magical weapon. In the end, Zhang Junior brother reached first, and when the rest of them arrived, the evil fox was already dead but the magical weapon was gone without a trace, and Zhang Junior brother instead said he had never seen that magical weapon. At that time, they felt strange. It seemed now most probably Zhang Junior brother stole…”

[Pong], a loud sound, it was Tian BuYi, who in a fit of fury, slapped the table with a heavy palm. [Ka ka] a few sounds were heard, the table swayed for a while and collapsed. The table legs had already been split by this blow.

Xiao YiCai looked slightly awkward, Taoist Cang Song frowned, gave a snort of contempt and said, “FenXiang Valley these people obviously do not carry a good intention, this matter does not have any concrete evidence, we do not have to bother about them.”

Xiao YiCai nodded and continued, “Actually regarding FenXiang Valley, we can evade it for a while and it will be alright. But this time, Zhang Junior brother in front of everyone….er, a lot of our fellow Faction had already one after another requested for our Qing Yin sect to step out and give an explanation, to explain why eight hundred years ago Evil Faction’s evil item, will be with our Qing Yin sect disciple?”

Tian BuYi clenched his hands, light sounds of pi pa could be heard from it, his expression was livid with rage. He scolded in a low voice, “This little bastard!”

Taoist Cang Song slowly said, “Tian Junior brother, you don’t have to be so angry, nobody expect this too. Just that this time the matter is too serious, and it involved Tian Yin Temple and the Evil Faction sect, this is not a small matter, I think we better hasten back and seek advice from our sect leader before making the final decision!”

Tian BuYi let out a deep breath, but after all he had practised for many years, immediately he suppressed the rage in his heart, nodded his head and said, “Agreed. We shall set off now.” After saying, his gaze turned to fall upon the firestick in Taoist Cang Song’s hand.

Unexpectedly Taoist Cang Song smiled lightly, and instead placed the firestick into his bosom.

Tian BuYi’s expression changed, Xiao YiCao who was beside also frowned, and said, “Cang Song Uncle Teacher, the magical weapon…”

Taoist Cang Song waved his hand at him, turned and said to Tian BuYi, “Tian Junior brother, your branch’s disciple created such a big matter, which already caused us Qing Yun sect to lose face in front of all the Good Faction sects, and even offended Tian Yin Temple, I’m afraid you as the teacher have to bear some responsibility?”

Tian BuYi snorted, his nostrils flared and coldly said, “So what then?”

Taoist Cang Song indifferently said, “I am still in charge of the discipline in Qing Yun sect, this evidence will be placed with me, I guess Tian Junior brother won’t have any objections right?”

Tian BuYi stared at Cang Song Taoist for a long while, suddenly stamped his feet and walked out furiously.

Thanks owlHoot

thanks for your effort owlHoot ^^

Thanks owlHoot

Thanks OwlHoot
    I guess this means we have a suspect now, what do u guys think
    'Unexpectedly Taoist Cang Song smiled lightly, and instead placed the firestick into his bosom'

Thanks owlHoot for re-visiting those caves and the fox spirits incident .... something to bear in mind as we progress.

Thanks OwlHoot