Page 2 of 49 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Zhu Xian (诛仙) by Ding Xiao

Quote Originally Posted by honpaka View Post
    I am interested in translating this novel from the viet version and i was wondering if anyone would like to help me edit my translation. I will start off where the one on zhu xian forum stopped.
    If you are still looking and don't mind a first time editor then I can give it a try. I am familiar with this novel due to the online Vietnamese audio book but my grasp of the written Vietnamese language is not the greatest.

was here

I have been able to translate about 14 chapter but i am still looking for an editor/proofreader. IF you could pm me the times u are free and how your schedule works maybe we ca work something out. I don't want to post unedit text because some of the saying and wording doesn't feel right to me but i don't have enough knowledge in English to figure out what wrong with it.

I have waited for more than half year, and this is a good news. So please any editor step up and give me my best christmas present...^^

we have been waiting for a half year. Please, post your translation. It is ok(without editing).

Default Vietnamese audiobooks

Where can I find the Vietnamese audiobooks? I'd like to help out but my Vietnamese is pretty elementary, when I tried to read the Vietnamese translated version of the comic that was hard enough but I got the gist none the less. If I can help in anyway let me know, I can only try..

Quote Originally Posted by honpaka View Post
    I have been able to translate about 14 chapter but i am still looking for an editor/proofreader. IF you could pm me the times u are free and how your schedule works maybe we ca work something out. I don't want to post unedit text because some of the saying and wording doesn't feel right to me but i don't have enough knowledge in English to figure out what wrong with it.
    Quote Originally Posted by soifuron View Post
    If you are still looking and don't mind a first time editor then I can give it a try. I am familiar with this novel due to the online Vietnamese audio book but my grasp of the written Vietnamese language is not the greatest.

Oh dude my English is great lets tag team this.. As first time editors..
    Last edited by Mastercake; 12-29-12 at 04:45 AM.

Just finished reading all the available parts from the other forum. If you want, please post what you have and we csn have multiple people editing it and reposted.

please show charity on us poor souls who can't read Chines nor Vietnamese by translate this awesome novel thank you

I will begin posting starting next week. I am start off from where mooy left off on the zhu xian website. I haven't be able to contact mooy about transfering her work to this site for the translation. To all the reader that was anticipating this I am really sorry for making you wait. To anyone who hasn't read this yet here is the link for mooy translation on the zhu xian forum http://jd-forum.perfectworld.com/sho...d.php?t=393891 . As I am using the vietnamese version of the story some of the names I will be using will be different from mooy, also mooy translated the names into what was used in the english version of the game but I believe in using the actual asian name even if it is the viet version to give the story more of a feel. If I somehow can get mooy permission to transfer her translation to here I will go and edit the names so that it will match the ones I use. Suifuron and mastercake if you guy have skype or msn it will be alot easier to communicate rather than through email. To suifuron and mastercake I apologize for not answering your message until now I been housing myself up in my room studying for 3 month studying for the MCAT. I will be done this week and will be free starting next week. If you guy are still interested you can contact me at [email protected] or contact me here or you can reach me at ramenaddiction on skype.

Quote Originally Posted by Mastercake View Post
    Where can I find the Vietnamese audiobooks? I'd like to help out but my Vietnamese is pretty elementary, when I tried to read the Vietnamese translated version of the comic that was hard enough but I got the gist none the less. If I can help in anyway let me know, I can only try..
    I will be translating using the novel that is posted on http://truyen.hixx.info/truyen/truye.../Tru-Tien.html as for audiobook as for the audio book they can be found http://archive.org/details/AudioTruT...nThuyetSongLai .

Don't worry about the delay honpaka, real life takes priority. Unfortunately, I have never used skype but you can contact me at my email if you need help with the editing [email protected]

Heh, it has been a while so I will have to re-read Zhu Xian. Not that I mind :P

I will be emailing the 2-3 chapters after where mooy left off hopefully friday night or saturday morning to you and mastercake.

If you still need a proofreader I can help out a bit. =)

Thank you guys .

My apology guy but the first chapter will be up by sunday. I have failed to see that mooy seperated her chapters into parts so i skiped 1 chapter by accident so i will be translating that today.

Thanh Long(known as Meri Koon in game, translation of name from viet version is Clear/Jade Dragon)

At this moment, a man had came to help Vampire Devil up. The bald man who seemed to know him, went over to him and whispered something. Ghost Lord smiled without saying a word, seemingly relaxed, not careing for the mighty adversaries. Next to him a handsome pale faced scholar quietly exchanged a glance with him.

Suddenly a hoarse voice that laughed , emerged“Thuong Tung you bastard, do you still remember your grandpa?”

The disciples of the Righteous schools frowned. The voice camed from a fierce looking midget that was glareing at Thuong Tung like a hungry wolf.

Thuong Tung coldly laugh and said “Devil, do you remember the sword wound from back then”

Everyone saw the midget clench his teeths in anger, his hatred for Thuong Tung as clear as day. His hand rose to his chest to massage his chest as angerly said “Good, good, how could I forgot,but I thought you had forgot. This is very good. This sword wound will be repaid.”

Thuong Tung coldly ignored him, and turned to face the two people that has just arrived.

To Nhu face showed with worried as she saw that the enemies' cultivation was profound. They were most likely elder of the Evil Schools that has not appearred in a long time.

Just hearing the exchanges between the midget and Thuong Tung she softly whispered to Dien Bat Dich “Who are these people?”

Dien Bat Dich frowned and said “The midget's name is Bach Doc Tu, he is from Thousand Poison Sect. The bald man is Doan Moc Lao To from Rare Stone Mountain. They rarely show up in the Martial World. They along with Vampire Devil were our targets hundreds of years ago. As for the those two, one appears to be Ghost Lord From Ghost Sect, as for the handsome paled face scholar, I have never seen him before.”

To Nhu took a cold breath. In the battle hundreds of years ago between Evil and Good, her cultivation was still in the early stages, and therefor did not participate in the battle. However the names of the elders from the Evil Sect was known far and wide especally Bach Doc Tu and Doan Moc Lao To whose reputation was in par with Vampire Devil.

Suddenly Doan Moc Lao To turned to face the Righteous disciple and screamed “Van Kiem Nhat, Van Kiem Nhat did that bastard come?”

This is a excerpt that i translated from the viet version. This is the beginning of the chapter known as Meri Koon from Mooy translation on Zhu Xian. I apologize for any bad grammer and spelling as this is unedited. I just wanted to upload this to see if people like the style and wording of the translatation as compared to Mooy. I will try to shaped/fix my wording and style according to the response from you guys. While I wait for response I will continue translating in this style. Another thing that I would like your input on is the names of the character. I am haveing a hard time translating the names so in my translation I used the viet version of the name. The way I thought of to improve this was to put a little Character introduction at the beginning of each chapter that a new character is introduced in so people know the character. If anyone can think of anything better that would be great.
    Last edited by honpaka; 03-30-13 at 11:47 PM.

Thanks for the translation. Can you change the names to the former ones(mooye used)? The viet names is very confusing.

I will try my best but I nevered played the game before so I have no idea about the character names that the game use. And the Glossary that Mooy has posted don't include the minor character like the midget and bald dude. As you can see she used the chinese name for those character too. What I can do is use the Chinese name for the main characters/ translate the name into a better english sounding one. As for the sect name I will keep those like Mooy. Hopefully the Chinese name will not be confusing for you guys when it comes to the important character.

Yi Zheng = Shi-To’s Sifu
    Onara = Shi-To
    Xavion = Song Daren
    Vasp Caelo = Cang Song
    Qing Long = The Character the chapter was named after and is one of the four guardian of the Ghost Sect. English name is Azure Dragon.
    Zhu Que = Red Phoenix, one of the four guardian
    Xuan Wu = Black Tortoise, one of the four guardian
    Bai Hu = White Tiger, one of the four guardian
    Baiduzi = An elder of the Thousand Poison Clan. He is a midget that has a grudge with Cang Song.
    Elder Duanmu = An elder of the evil sect. As of the current chapter it is unclear what sect he belongs to.
    Ghost King = Also know as Master Vim in mooy translation but like I said I dislike usually english name and I will soon be changing this to the legit Chinese name.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A moment later, as the golden light faded away, everyone saw that the paled face scholar had been unfazed by the attack and using only one hand to block Shi-To‘s Shatterer. Stuck in the air Shi-To was unable to advance forward.

The pale faced scholar laughed and said “ Young man, you should go practice for a hundred more years.”

Suddenly with a wave of his hand, a burst of light was seen before Shi-To’s body was sent flying backward and his Shatterer staff blown high into the sky.

Yi Zheng, Herald of Vigor, immediately flew up to catch Shi-To. Seeing that the wound was nothing major his heart relaxed. Anger flared in him as he turned to face the scholar ready to strike.

Suddenly Taoist Cang Song raise his hand to stop him, and coldly said “ In the end who are you to be in possession of the “Ring of Empyrean Light” that has been missing for more than a thousand years! Why is it in your hands?”

Just a moment ago Yi Zheng was brimming with anger but with those few words he suddenly became speechless before he could utter out, “What? Ring of Empyrean Light?”

Of the people that was present, eight out of ten were shocked. Zhang Xiao Fan who was curious, asked Song Daren: “ Senior Brother, is that esper really powerful?”

Song Daren was still in shocked before he nodded and replied, “I have heard Sifu said that the ring is a magical treasure from the Nine Skies but had been lost for thousand of years. I never imagine that it would resurfaced today.”

Zhang Xiao Fan began to slowly inhaled the icy night air, only to see the paled face scholar smile before answering Taoist Cang Song, “I am but a lowly scholar under the command of Ghost King.” Ghost King grinned and shook his head before he bellowed out, “Brother Long you are much too modest!”

At that very moment Elder Duanmu, standing beside Bai Duzi, was heading towards Vampire Devil but when he heard Ghost King called the pale face scholar “Brother Long”, his eyes immediately scanned the man’s sleeves. Even though he could not see the esper, having heard the exchange between Cang Song and them, there was no doubt that it must have truly been a magical treasure.

The magical treasures from legends were all suppose to have many wondrous abilities, and those that sought immortality place magical treasure above all else! It was no mystery that everyone present was now trying to catch a glimpse of the magical treasure while harboring the secret desire to possess it for themselves!

The three elder and the scholar merely appeared at the same time and were not acquaintance. They only know that not long after they had appear, there appeared a mysterious person next to Ghost King whose cultivation was profound, indeed an expert.

Baiduzi momentarily looked at the scholar's hand before turning to Ghost King and said : “ Ghost King, we have never met this gentleman before, can’t believe Ghost Sect had such an expert..”

Ghost King smile and said: “ Brother Bai, our Ghost Sect is just a small Sect of the Holy Fraction, naturally can't compare with your Thousand Poison Clan.”

Baiduzi huffed angrily, his Thousand Poison Clan was one of the four main Sect of the Holy Fraction, this time only because of the sect master's order did he come to this barren wasteland, speaking of which this was his first time leaving the sect during the last hundred years.

Even though he hasn’t left the sext for the last hundred years he was still aware of current happening in the world. Within the four major Sect of the Holy Fraction at the current moment, Thousand Poison Clan, Lupin, and Longevity Hall were all Sects that had solid foundation and rose to prominent after the collapse of the Blood Forging Hall and death of the Blackheart Elder eight hundred years ago. Only Ghost Sect, a minor sect, suddenly rose to prominent three hundred years ago. Their experts were as numerous as the autumn leaves. Along with the other 3 sect they controlled the Holy Fraction.

The power balance within the Holy Fraction was always changing, unlike the time where Blood Forging Hall dominated and had total control. Each of the four major sects had numerous minor sect under its wing and there was always a struggle for power. On the surface however ,towards the enemy they showed a face of unity.

Before Baiduzi departure, the Thousand Poison Clan's master has given him specific instruction to keep an eye on the Ghost Sect and find out their secrets and strength. In recent years a rumor within the Holy Fraction was that the Supreme Scared Manual “Holy Scripture” of the Holy Fraction was in the hand of the Ghost Sect.

At this moment however, “Holy Scripture” was nowhere to be seen and instead there was the Ring of Empyrean Light which has been missing thousands of years. Baiduzi deep down was astonished, knowing that Ghost Sect's strength was unfathomable, his face was slightly smiling but in reality he was more miserable then when he was crying.

He said: “ Ghost King surely must be joking, who doesn’t know that Ghost Sect’s strength is like the rising sun, but we have never met this Brother Long before, and is very curious about him.”

Ghost King calculatingly look at Baiduzi then smiles and says: “ Since you have said that, right or wrong you will have to met eventually. Brother Bai do you know that 300 hundred years ago in our Ghost Sect there was four Holy Guardian.”

Baiduzi’s face changed colors, Elder Duanmu who was speechless said: “What, Qing Long, Bai Hu, Zhu Que, and Xuan Wu are still alive?”

The scholar and Ghost King looked at each other and laughed. He then said: “ Correct, I am indeed Qing Long.”

Within the Good Fraction there was no reaction, however Baiduzi and the Evil Fraction were astonished. Three hundred year ago, when Ghost Sect rised up, beside the previous Ghost King only the four Guardians were notable. Their influences expanded day by day, only after years of battle and bloodshed that their influence became what it was today. Needless to say one can imagine the skill level of those four.

Qing Long let out a sigh and turns toward Ghost King and said:” I am old now, look at the Good Fraction’s disciples, they show no fear, it looks like they have never heard of me.”

Ghost King laughed and said: “Brother Long don’t have to worry, the young one don’t know you now, but from now on your name will be known throughout the world.”

Qing Long laughed out loud all the while staring at his right arm, his laugh full of sorrow and sadness.