Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: LOCH '82 cast reunion special 2011 (SINA TV).

Quote Originally Posted by almo89 View Post
    It's funny how LOCH82 is considered a classic all around asia except Hong Kong. HK has pretty much forgotten their classic shows and it's just the society it is. People only want new stuff.
    Hong Kong's people's unawareness/indifference to their heritage can be pretty appalling at times. They even have a term, "Old Cake," for those oddballs who actually appreciate the past.
    Michael Miu always pokes fun at Felix when he has the chance. He said a few times how this one show and one character that Felix played, has given him the ability to milk this cow for decades.
    Mike also ribbed Felix for being a slow learner in terms of his martial arts moves to play Gwok Jing. He said that Felix often had to practice one simple move for an entire day to get it right. In Mike's own words, Felix was the *perfect* choice to play Gwok Jing because he's just as slow!

I've always liked Felix Wong for his personality and good acting abilities, but for some reason I don't fangirl him like I do with other actors, like Wallace Chung. Michael Miu is another story. I think he's hot, even hotter now than when he was younger. He has aged very gracefully and has that...X factor that makes him very appealing and sexy. Of course, I also love older men, and the fact that Michael Miu is an older man automatically puts him in the "likable" category. I think older men are more stable emotionally and career-wise and are generally more considerate and romantic. Because of the above reasons, I find them infinitely sexier and more attractive than younger men.

Wallace Chung

Gilbert Lam

Michael Miu

hi all,

I'm putting this question here as well just in case Ken Cheng or others can help me.

I just heard news/rumour from my friend in Indonesia that Michael has been cast as Huang Yaoshi in the 2017 LOCH. Huang Yaoshi is the East Heretic, father of Huang Rong/Wong Yung. If this is correct, I'm so excited, but I don't have the news link.

Can anyone confirm this?

I found this news, uploaded on 11 March 2016:
    http://news.yule.com.cn/html/201603/215286.html

Since I don't read any Chinese characters, I just google translated it:

《射雕英雄传》演员阵容:钟汉良(郭靖)、陈楚河(杨康)、赵丽颖(黄蓉)、张定涵(穆念慈)、韩栋(欧 阳克)、张檬(梅超风)、唐国强(黄药师)、陈道明(段智兴)、吴宗宪(欧阳锋)、高雄(洪七公)、黄日华 (郭啸天)、苗侨伟(杨铁心)、王菲(包惜弱)、陈小艺(李萍)其他演员角色待定。 微信关注:中国娱乐网

And it's said there that Felix Wong will play Guo Jing's dad Guo Xiaotian while Michael Miu will play Yang Kang's dad Yang Tiexin. If this is true, I'm in Cloud Nine. But since I am not a native speaker, I need confirmation from you guys...

Quote Originally Posted by Icha Parvati View Post
    I found this news, uploaded on 11 March 2016:
    http://news.yule.com.cn/html/201603/215286.html

Since I don't read any Chinese characters, I just google translated it:

《射雕英雄传》演员阵容:钟汉良(郭靖)、陈楚河(杨康)、赵丽颖(黄蓉)、张定涵(穆念慈)、韩栋(欧 阳克)、张檬(梅超风)、唐国强(黄药师)、陈道明(段智兴)、吴宗宪(欧阳锋)、高雄(洪七公)、黄日华 (郭啸天)、苗侨伟(杨铁心)、王菲(包惜弱)、陈小艺(李萍)其他演员角色待定。 微信关注:中国娱乐网

And it's said there that Felix Wong will play Guo Jing's dad Guo Xiaotian while Michael Miu will play Yang Kang's dad Yang Tiexin. If this is true, I'm in Cloud Nine. But since I am not a native speaker, I need confirmation from you guys...

Guo Jing - Wallace Chung
    Baron Chen - Yang Kang
    Zhao Liying - Huang Rong
    Zhang Dinghan - Mu Nianci
    Han Dong - Ouyang Ke
    Zhang Meng - Mei Chaofeng
    Tang Guoqiang - Huang Yaoshi
    Chen Daoming - Duan Zhixing (Yideng)
    Jacky Wu - Ouyang Feng
    Eddy Ko - Hong Qigong
    Felix Wong - Guo Xiaotian
    Miu Kiu Wai - Yang Tiexin
    Faye Wong - Bao Xiruo
    Chen Xiaoyi - Li Ping

This casting is a joke, right? Wallace Chung is 41, he's far too old to play Guo Jing. Baron Chen is 38, Zhang Dinghan is 35 and only Zhao Liying is below 30 among the four leads. Is this an aged version of LOCH?
    Last edited by junny; 05-12-16 at 10:52 PM.
    玉木宏

blog

Well, I asked my Chinese friend who has a Weibo account to check the official Weibo of LOCH 2017, and she confirmed that Michael Miu has been cast as Huang Yaoshi. I don't have a Weibo account and I don't read Chinese, so I can't confirm it. Anyone who has a Weibo might be able to check it tho?

Quote Originally Posted by junny View Post
    Guo Jing - Wallace Chung
    Baron Chen - Yang Kang
    Zhao Liying - Huang Rong
    Zhang Dinghan - Mu Nianci
    Han Dong - Ouyang Ke
    Zhang Meng - Mei Chaofeng
    Tang Guoqiang - Huang Yaoshi
    Chen Daoming - Duan Zhixing (Yideng)
    Jacky Wu - Ouyang Feng
    Eddy Ko - Hong Qigong
    Felix Wong - Guo Xiaotian
    Miu Kiu Wai - Yang Tiexin
    Faye Wong - Bao Xiruo
    Chen Xiaoyi - Li Ping

This casting is a joke, right? Wallace Chung is 41, he's far too old to play Guo Jing. Baron Chen is 38, Zhang Dinghan is 35 and only Zhao Liying is below 30 among the four leads. Is this an aged version of LOCH?

I think is one is either just a "fan list" by the website, or it was partially correct and is not correct anymore. But I prefer Michael as Huang Yaoshi cos HYS has more screen time than YTX. Plus HYS is a complex character, and I think Michael can do him justice. I love Kenneth Tsang's HYS, and now I'm looking forward for Michael's HYS...if the news is correct...

The news is correct. These are the photos of Michael Miu with his Huang Yaoshi costume. I couldn't recognise him at first from the two official shots (where he was with Huang Rong/Wong Yung). But the last two photos are clear: it IS Michael!

Source: Kaypang Gallery FB page:
    https://www.facebook.com/12743989113...type=3&theater

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-13AuHfpFGIQ/VzVqx2KeIXI/AAAAAAAAHLU/_6GWF2WaXvMTB3gDDbwi0zZhFxQBvdmZQCLcB/s320/MM%2BHuang%2BYaoshi%2B%2526%2BHuang%2BRong.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('https://scontent.fbne2-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/13177445_10153656483761134_7613375954737402962_n.j pg?oh=36819f3ba0f16261853cdfbd357e8669&oe=57DBCCB5')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('https://3.bp.blogspot.com/-Cqo0pFKvNUQ/VzaCDiXLTJI/AAAAAAAAHME/iVPLGssYvssqgcfLT_fcXERbxABkFnlygCLcB/s320/MM%2Bas%2BHYS%2B2.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('https://2.bp.blogspot.com/-MAXWoyW7lcY/VzaCG_lG4dI/AAAAAAAAHMI/3cJFlkZU7Jou_J7HFlryEZGlovHzsFZGgCLcB/s320/MM%2Bas%2BHYS%2B1.jpg')

Senior Member Mandred Skavenslayer's Avatar

Cool. So does that mean Felix is going to be H7G. That will drive the fanboys crazy

Who's H7G?

I don't think Felix is in this series, at least not at the moment, no announcement about his involvement.

Ray Lui of the Flying Fox of the Snowy Mountains 1986 (87?) might be cast as the Southern Emperor. I think it fits.

Hey I'm late to the party.

Thank you for sharing the clips of the cast reunion. AND WHAT THE HECKKKKKKKK, MICHAEL is in the NEW LOCH?!?!?! This is amazing. It'd be cool if he did end up taking the role of Yang Tiexin. I'm headed over to the LOCH 2017 to check out more photos. How amazing, it gives me chicken skin to know he's going to be in the newer version. But the 1982 version will always be my favorite.
    Always in search of great historical/costume dramas.
    Find me on MyDramaList ^_^